ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags donald trump , politics humor

Old 22nd November 2018, 11:53 AM   #1
Minoosh
Philosopher

Fill in the blank: I'm grateful that Trump ...

I'm grateful that Trump alienates virtually everyone, eventually.

I'm grateful that his lies are so obvious.

I'm grateful that his campaigning on behalf of others might hurt more than it helps.

If you were to add anything, what would it be?
Minoosh is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd November 2018, 11:55 AM   #2
P.J. Denyer
Illuminator

I'm grateful that Trump... isn't twenty years younger.
Old 22nd November 2018, 11:57 AM   #3
Squeegee Beckenheim
Penultimate Amazing

I'm grateful that "Trump" is British slang for "fart".
Old 22nd November 2018, 12:05 PM   #4
varwoche
Penultimate Amazing

... is one day subject to a certain form of sanction, if Hawking is right that is. "Gotta step up"
Old 22nd November 2018, 12:09 PM   #5
lionking
In the Peanut Gallery

Originally Posted by P.J. Denyer View Post
I'm grateful that Trump... isn't twenty years younger.
That was exactly my thought as well.

Sir Winston Churchill
lionking is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd November 2018, 12:27 PM   #6
Minoosh
Philosopher

Originally Posted by lionking View Post
That was exactly my thought as well.
That would have been my fourth item ... but I didn't want to violate the longstanding "Rule of 3 Examples."

It's kind of encouraging that there are ways in which things might have been worse. But there must be people who are grateful for Trump's presidency who don't couch it in terms of "he might die soon."
Minoosh is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd November 2018, 12:33 PM   #7
GnaGnaMan
Graduate Poster

...hasn't started a war.
It makes no difference whatever whether they laugh at us or revile us, whether they represent us as clowns or criminals; the main thing is that they mention us, that they concern themselves with us again and again. -Hitler
GnaGnaMan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd November 2018, 12:36 PM   #8
P.J. Denyer
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Minoosh View Post
That would have been my fourth item ... but I didn't want to violate the longstanding "Rule of 3 Examples."
Would that answer have included the words "weight", "exercise" and "McDonalds" by any chance?

Originally Posted by Minoosh View Post
It's kind of encouraging that there are ways in which things might have been worse. But there must be people who are grateful for Trump's presidency who don't couch it in terms of "he might die soon."
Well, there is the fact that he's stupid enough to admit to crimes and impeachable behaviour on TV and Twitter.
Old 22nd November 2018, 12:45 PM   #9
Diablo
Muse

...is not related to me.
Diablo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd November 2018, 12:55 PM   #10
AnonyMoose
Critical Thinker

... isn't the leader of my country.
Old 22nd November 2018, 12:56 PM   #11
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

isn't smarter.
Old 22nd November 2018, 12:58 PM   #12
WilliamSeger
Illuminator

Donald Trump is, of course, thankful for Donald Trump. (This probably should go in the mental illness thread.)

Trump says he's thankful for making a 'tremendous difference in this country'

Quote:
President Trump said Thursday that he is thankful "for having a great family and for having made a tremendous difference in this country."

Trump made the comment when asked by reporters what he is grateful for on Thanksgiving shortly after holding a phone call with troops overseas.

“I’ve made a tremendous difference in the country,” Trump said. “This country’s so much stronger than it was when I took office and you wouldn’t believe it.”

“I mean you see it, but [it's] so much stronger that people can’t even believe it,” Trump said. “When I see foreign leaders, they say, ‘We cannot believe the difference in strength between the United States now and the United States two years ago.'”

The country “made a lot of progress,” he added.
Old 22nd November 2018, 12:58 PM   #13
Stacyhs
Philosopher

I'm thankful that Trump doesn't fool the majority of people who can see him for what he is.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd November 2018, 01:03 PM   #14
alfaniner
Penultimate Amazing

...continues to Tweet so we can see the obvious decline in what facilities he had.
Old 22nd November 2018, 01:04 PM   #15
TragicMonkey
Poisoned Waffles

I'm thankful Trump hasn't released a calendar of himself posing erotically in ladies lingerie. Yet.
Old 22nd November 2018, 01:10 PM   #16
Stacyhs
Philosopher

Originally Posted by TragicMonkey View Post
I'm thankful Trump hasn't released a calendar of himself posing erotically in ladies lingerie. Yet.
He's working on his homage to Putin: Trump shirtless on horseback.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd November 2018, 01:12 PM   #17
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

hasn't got a (non-human) pet.
Old 22nd November 2018, 01:33 PM   #18
shemp
a flimsy character...perfidious and despised

I'm grateful that Trump ... is statistically likely to die before me, so there's a chance I may live to piss upon his grave.

"I don't want to live in a world without shemp." - Quarky

"...just as a magnet attracts iron filings, Trump attracts, and is attracted to, louts." - George Will

Last edited by shemp; 22nd November 2018 at 01:34 PM.
shemp is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd November 2018, 02:24 PM   #19
WilliamSeger
Illuminator

I'm grateful that Trump is so stupid. In addition to the material it provides for comedy shows, I think an intelligent Trump would be much more dangerous. Ultimately, I think his stupidity will be his downfall, and I'm grateful that he'll be taking the GOP with him.
Old 22nd November 2018, 03:02 PM   #20
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing

kicked Hillary’s ass.
Old 22nd November 2018, 03:07 PM   #21
BobTheCoward
Penultimate Amazing

Gratefulness is not a status I have in relation to politicians.
BobTheCoward is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd November 2018, 03:09 PM   #22
BobTheCoward
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
kicked Hillary’s ass.
He became president, but he got his butt kicked in the election. Thank majority of the electorate rejected his views in favor of hers. And they continue to do so.
BobTheCoward is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd November 2018, 03:27 PM   #23
baron
Philosopher

...doesn't share my bed.
Old 22nd November 2018, 03:49 PM   #24
P.J. Denyer
Illuminator

Originally Posted by baron View Post
...doesn't share my bed.
Melania?
Old 22nd November 2018, 03:51 PM   #25
Norman Alexander
Illuminator

Originally Posted by TragicMonkey View Post
PLEASE DO NOT POST THIS ON TWITTER!
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornets’ nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd November 2018, 03:54 PM   #26
Upchurch
Papa Funkosophy

...can only fool some of the people all of the time.
Old 22nd November 2018, 03:56 PM   #27
Norman Alexander
Illuminator

I'm grateful that Trump...made America Grate Again.
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornets’ nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd November 2018, 04:00 PM   #28
baron
Philosopher

Melania?
Melania looks like a shrink-wrapped lizard. I suspect ongoing medical procedures intended to offset the ageing process are at the root of it.
Old 22nd November 2018, 04:07 PM   #29
varwoche
Penultimate Amazing

I'm grateful that Trump's small schlong can be enlarged with Extenze, and the entire world will be grateful once we figure out a way to jam the treatment in one orifice or the other, because that will cure his inferiority complex.
Old 22nd November 2018, 04:08 PM   #30
p0lka
Graduate Poster

has shown the rest of the world how not to do anything.
p0lka is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd November 2018, 04:28 PM   #31
P.J. Denyer
Illuminator

Originally Posted by baron View Post
Melania looks like a shrink-wrapped lizard. I suspect ongoing medical procedures intended to offset the ageing process are at the root of it.
Heh heh, "shrink wrapped lizard". I like that!

The phrase, not actual shrink wrapped lizards.
Old 22nd November 2018, 04:29 PM   #32
P.J. Denyer
Illuminator

I'm grateful that Trump ...

...'s deal with Satan must be nearly 'payment due'.
Old 22nd November 2018, 04:57 PM   #33
Sideroxylon
Featherless biped

Melania?
Baron on considering Ivanka?
Old 22nd November 2018, 06:50 PM   #34
portlandatheist
Master Poster

I'm grateful that Trump has made deciding who to vote for in terms of congress and Senate is something I don't need to fret over anymore, as long as he is in office, it is all democrat all the time.
portlandatheist is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd November 2018, 07:30 PM   #35
LSSBB
Devilish Dictionarian

Originally Posted by The Great Zaganza View Post
isn't smarter.
This.
Old 22nd November 2018, 07:46 PM   #36
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

I'm thankful that the president isn't part of anyone's Thanksgiving unless they want him to be. This is about the beginning and end of it for me. How are you all doing?
theprestige is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd November 2018, 07:55 PM   #37
Brainster
Penultimate Amazing

Has made liberals more smug than they were before.
Brainster is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd November 2018, 07:57 PM   #38
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

I'm grateful for the fact that Trump and his family clearly appear to be suffering.
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd November 2018, 08:08 PM   #39
Lambchops
Muse

I'm grateful that Trump has exposed the american right wing as the fascist bootlickers they are.

It's all out in the open now, for the whole world to see. Thanks, Trump!
Old 22nd November 2018, 08:14 PM   #40
rjh01
Gentleman of leisure
Tagger

Originally Posted by AnonyMoose View Post
... isn't the leader of my country.
Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post
I'm thankful that Trump doesn't fool the majority of people who can see him for what he is.
I think the above is leading to what is in this post:-
Originally Posted by portlandatheist View Post
I'm grateful that Trump has made deciding who to vote for in terms of congress and Senate is something I don't need to fret over anymore, as long as he is in office, it is all democrat all the time.
May what he has done lead to the reform of the Republican party and people voting Democrat in the 2020 election. To the Democrat - get a good candidate to stand. Then they can make America great again and not a great comedy show.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics