ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags donald trump , politics humor

Old 22nd November 2018, 08:17 PM   #41
Foolmewunz
Grammar Resistance Leader
TLA Dictator

I'm grateful that Trump doesn't think I have press credentials because I have to go to the Consulate far too often.

I'm grateful that Trump has reduced the conservative trolls to having to troll on any topic other than Trump because he's so reprehensible.

It's not that liberals have become less tolerant. It's that conservatives have become more intolerable.
Foolmewunz is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd November 2018, 08:39 PM   #42
LSSBB
Devilish Dictionarian

I'm grateful that he has exposed which conservatives are willing to abandon or expose their lack of principles in order to defend him, because of either a desperate sense of partisanship or a deep desire to troll liberals.
Old 22nd November 2018, 11:58 PM   #43
Minoosh
Philosopher

Originally Posted by theprestige View Post
I'm thankful that the president isn't part of anyone's Thanksgiving unless they want him to be. This is about the beginning and end of it for me. How are you all doing?
Very well, thank you. And you?

We stuffed our faces and never mentioned Trump. But he was part of my Thanksgiving; he was part of yours as well, or you wouldn't be here.
Minoosh is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd November 2018, 03:49 PM   #44
Stacyhs
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Minoosh View Post
Very well, thank you. And you?

We stuffed our faces and never mentioned Trump. But he was part of my Thanksgiving; he was part of yours as well, or you wouldn't be here.
We made it a point to never mention Trump. We wanted to keep our delicious feast down.
Stacyhs is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th November 2018, 12:05 PM   #45
Segnosaur
Penultimate Amazing

I'm grateful that Trump... has caused the long-running crimes of so many people (such as Manafort and Cohen) to be exposed, due to their relationship with Trump and the Mueller investigation. Had Trump not run for president, people like Manafort would still probably be out there, scamming the system, and his crimes would probably be overlooked.

I'm Mary Poppin's Y'all! - Yondu

We are Groot - Groot
Segnosaur is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th November 2018, 12:37 PM   #46
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

I'm grateful that Trump left a trail of his crimes so obvious, Helen ******* Keller could follow it.
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th November 2018, 12:40 PM   #47
JoeMorgue
Self Employed
Remittance Man

This will sound rather silly but since it's in the news again, I've "liked" (for certain version of liked) that weird, avante-garde, bizarre Christmas decorations the White House has put up last couple of years.

The White House is (ostensibly) the Trump family's home and I've never liked how Presidential families have always been expected to maintain the same boring decor of "Quaint Americana over Greco-Roman" that was never allowed to advance beyond "What if Norman Rockwell threw up on Polished Marble." They should be allowed to non-permanently alter the living areas of the White House to their taste within reason.

They aren't personally to my taste, but I think giving them crap over it as has happened this year and the last is a bit much.

"Stupidity does not cancel out stupidity to yield genius. It breeds like a bucket-full of coked out hamsters." - The Oatmeal
JoeMorgue is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th November 2018, 12:40 PM   #48
carrps
Scholar

...is very old.
carrps is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th November 2018, 04:34 PM   #49
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

I am grateful that Trump is so stupid and bad at covering up his tracks. If he was smarter, he would be even more dangerous.

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th November 2018, 04:48 PM   #50
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by dudalb View Post
I am grateful that Trump is so stupid and bad at covering up his tracks. If he was smarter, he would be even more dangerous.
Heaven protect us from politicians smart enough to cover their tracks.
theprestige is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th November 2018, 05:09 PM   #51
Stacyhs
Philosopher

I'm thankful that Trump didn't have an identical twin.
Stacyhs is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th November 2018, 06:05 PM   #52
alfaniner
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post
It's possible he did. But he couldn't stand having someone else look as good as him, so he had him "disappeared".
Old 30th November 2018, 06:37 PM   #53
Stacyhs
Philosopher

Originally Posted by alfaniner View Post
It's possible he did. But he couldn't stand having someone else look as good as him, so he had him "disappeared".
He would have eaten his twin in utero.
Old 1st December 2018, 09:28 AM   #54
shemp
a flimsy character...perfidious and despised

There is no universe in which his twin could exist. The two would annihilate each other and the universe with them.

"I don't want to live in a world without shemp." - Quarky

"...just as a magnet attracts iron filings, Trump attracts, and is attracted to, louts." - George Will
shemp is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st December 2018, 01:00 PM   #55
jimbob
Uncritical "thinker"

Originally Posted by carrps View Post
...is very old.
That was pretty much along the lines I was thinking.

"So Ivanka, what did you find so attractive about the obese septuagenarian multi-millionaire who isn't as healthy as he claims?"

"His diet and cholesterol count"
link is 2015 data (2013 Data below):
UK 8.5% of GDP of which 83.3% is public expenditure - 7.1% of GDP is public spending
US 16.4% of GDP of which 48.2% is public expenditure - 7.9% of GDP is public spending

Last edited by jimbob; 1st December 2018 at 02:23 PM.
jimbob is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st December 2018, 01:07 PM   #56
Diablo
Muse

I'm grateful that Trump has only had 4 Chapter 11's or his book would be even longer.
Diablo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st December 2018, 04:15 PM   #57
alfaniner
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by jimbob View Post
That was pretty much along the lines I was thinking.

"So Ivanka, what did you find so attractive about the obese septuagenarian multi-millionaire who isn't as healthy as he claims?"

"His diet and cholesterol count"
I think you meant "Melania". But you never know...
Old 1st December 2018, 04:18 PM   #58
jimbob
Uncritical "thinker"

Originally Posted by alfaniner View Post
I think you meant "Melania". But you never know...
My initial response was to accept the correction.

However, given what we know of Trump's personality, it's probably accurate for either.
UK 8.5% of GDP of which 83.3% is public expenditure - 7.1% of GDP is public spending
US 16.4% of GDP of which 48.2% is public expenditure - 7.9% of GDP is public spending
jimbob is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd December 2018, 12:07 AM   #59
Bubba
Master Poster

....is exposing the deep state's bad actors
Bubba is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd December 2018, 05:47 AM   #60
P.J. Denyer
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
I'd agree if he wasn't the one that hired them.
Old 2nd December 2018, 06:38 AM   #61
dann
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post

An identical twin (or clone?) would explain why he always seems to contradict himself: He doesn't, actually!

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE
"Stupidity renders itself invisible by assuming very large proportions. Completely unreasonable claims are irrefutable. Ni-en-leh pointed out that a philosopher might get into trouble by claiming that two times two makes five, but he does not risk much by claiming that two times two makes shoe polish." B. Brecht
"The abolition of religion as the illusory happiness of the people is required for their real happiness. The demand to give up the illusion about its condition is the demand to give up a condition which needs illusions." K. Marx
dann is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd December 2018, 07:23 AM   #62
applecorped
Rotten to the Core

Exists
Old 2nd December 2018, 08:43 AM   #63
varwoche
Penultimate Amazing

... despite having mocked the handicapped, has made the world a more welcome place for drooling, inbred dimwits.
Old 2nd December 2018, 11:12 AM   #64
LSSBB
Devilish Dictionarian

Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
Name one.
Old 2nd December 2018, 12:19 PM   #65
shemp
a flimsy character...perfidious and despised

... gives us someone not just to hate, but to truly loathe with every fiber of our being.

"I don't want to live in a world without shemp." - Quarky

"...just as a magnet attracts iron filings, Trump attracts, and is attracted to, louts." - George Will
shemp is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd December 2018, 03:02 PM   #66
jimbob
Uncritical "thinker"

Originally Posted by applecorped View Post
Exists
I agree

Because he's fulfilling an important role assuming that US democracy survives.

He's acting as an abscess on the US body politic, drawing much of the poison into his orbit, and hopefully buy being an idiot, traitor and racist, he'll discredit both treason and racism when it metaphorically gets lanced.

Already, he's giving the lie to the idea that there's no difference between the parties. His emboldening of racists means that lots are now more open about their bigotry, which will be shown up for what it is. Emboldening people to make racist jokes is one way that this will happen.

As Trump's faculties decline, his behaviour will get more obviously idiotic. He will also find it harder to hide his views and behaviour. He'll demonstrate his contempt for his base and his short-term fellow travellers. He'll taint the reputation and ideas of anyone who doesn't dump him in time. It's quite possible that this has already happened.

With luck, he'll end up discrediting the Tea Party and associated views, as well as the current RepublicanAnti-Democratic Party in Congress and the Senate.
Old 2nd December 2018, 03:12 PM   #67
Allen773
Muse

Originally Posted by Brainster View Post
Has made liberals more smug than they were before.
???
Allen773 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd December 2018, 06:54 PM   #68
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by shemp View Post
... gives us someone not just to hate, but to truly loathe with every fiber of our being.
Jesus Christ that's dysfunctional. The fibers of my being have much more productive and rewarding things to do than hate some rando politician.
theprestige is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd December 2018, 08:57 PM   #69
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

...means "fart".
Old 2nd December 2018, 10:36 PM   #70
jimbob
Uncritical "thinker"

Jesus Christ that's dysfunctional. The fibers of my being have much more productive and rewarding things to do than hate some rando politician.
Who happens to have a potentially huge effect on one's life.
Old 3rd December 2018, 09:12 AM   #71
sir drinks-a-lot
Illuminator

...won the election.
Old 3rd December 2018, 09:19 AM   #72
fagin
Philosopher

Originally Posted by sir drinks-a-lot View Post
...won the election.
You won't be when you sober up.
Old 3rd December 2018, 11:18 AM   #73
Allen773
Muse

Interesting that you think the President of the United States is "some rando politician." Would certainly come as a shock to a lot of people, regardless of their views on the present occupant of the office (or any occupant of the office for that matter).
Allen773 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd December 2018, 02:24 PM   #74
varwoche
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Allen773 View Post
Interesting that you think the President of the United States is "some rando politician." Would certainly come as a shock to a lot of people, regardless of their views on the present occupant of the office (or any occupant of the office for that matter).
Yeah that's taking Trump normalization to levels heretofore never witnessed.

Don't mind that dotard over there holding the nuclear football. He's just a rando politician.
Old 3rd December 2018, 02:27 PM   #75
jimbob
Uncritical "thinker"

... Has Twitter
Old 4th December 2018, 01:35 AM   #76
Stacyhs
Philosopher

I'm grateful that Trump...never got anywhere near me or my daughter.
Old 4th December 2018, 06:22 AM   #77
Drewbot
Philosopher

I'm grateful that Trump was able to get Xi to crack down on Fentanyl dealers in China.

Too many people are dying.
Drewbot is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th December 2018, 06:34 AM   #78
Drewbot
Philosopher

I'm grateful that Trump was able to create bargaining leverage through tariffs, to force China to agree to trade reforms.
Drewbot is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th December 2018, 06:46 AM   #79
Porpoise of Life
Illuminator

... helped Kevin McCallister find the lobby.
Porpoise of Life is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th December 2018, 06:53 AM   #80
varwoche
Penultimate Amazing

Don't be surprised if this is how it actually plays out:
Originally Posted by Drewbot View Post
I'm grateful that Trump was able to create bargaining leverage through tariffs, to force China to agree to a charade where Trump claims credit for trade reforms that don't actually exist.
You know, like North Korea is "no longer a nuclear threat".

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics