ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Social Issues & Current Events

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 10th April 2019, 11:02 AM   #1
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!

Nurse rapes an old dementia man

She worked in his nursing home and jumped his bones. Maybe he was a hot dementia and Alzheimer's dude or something.

Originally Posted by Daily Mail
A Florida nursing home carer has been accused of raping an elderly patient with dementia after she was found naked in the man's room and he told police she jumped on him.

Guettie Belizaire, 39, was arrested on Monday for allegedly assaulting the man during her overnight shift at the Brookshire Assisted Living Facility in Melbourne, Florida in December.

Belizaire, who is a certified nurse, was allegedly found by coworkers naked and getting dressed in the man's bathroom at about 5am on December 13.

Police said employees noticed the man 'distraught and confused' in his bed.

'She jumped on me and raped me,' the man told police when they were called to the facility.

Police said employees at the nursing home had been looking for Belizaire after noticing she had been absent for more than 90 minutes.

Belizaire denied ever being in the room with the victim but provided police with a DNA saliva swab.

The elderly man, who suffers from dementia and Alzheimer's disease, was taken to a nearby hospital where a sexual assault kit was completed...
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...a-patient.html

ETA: Forgot to add the link. My dementia. What happened?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 12102702-6907685-image-a-43_1554909462241.jpg (41.9 KB, 13 views)

Last edited by William Parcher; 10th April 2019 at 11:19 AM. Reason: Added link
William Parcher is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th April 2019, 11:12 AM   #2
Belz...
Fiend God

Link?

"My views are nonsense. So what?" - BobTheCoward

Belz... is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th April 2019, 11:13 AM   #3
Thermal
Philosopher

Or not.
Old 10th April 2019, 11:14 AM   #4
JoeMorgue
Self Employed
Remittance Man

https://www.wesh.com/article/melbour...ility/27090275
JoeMorgue is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th April 2019, 11:17 AM   #5
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!

I'm sorry. Here is the Daily Mail link.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...a-patient.html
Old 10th April 2019, 11:22 AM   #6
Checkmite
Skepticifimisticalationist

There's a disturbing moment in the 1971 film "Johnny Got His Gun" where the limbless, faceless protagonist is sexually assaulted by a nurse who has become infatuated with him. The whole movie is fairly disturbing so might be easy to see this as just a tree in the forest; but the thing is, the scene is only disturbing out-of-context. The nurse is the only person in the hospital who treats the protagonist like an actual human being, and it's very clear that the audience isn't supposed to think of what she does as wrong or that she is a bad person for doing it.
Checkmite is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th April 2019, 12:00 PM   #7
casebro
Penultimate Amazing

Maybe she wanted his baby, paternity suit to follow?

Has she claimed that SHE was the one raped? Oh, too late, she already claimed she was never in the room.

And I assume a rape kit for use on males is to swab his foreskin, check for a DNA match?
casebro is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th April 2019, 12:07 PM   #8
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

I read
"Nunes rapes an old dementia man"

and was wondering why the Secret Service didn't stop him.
The Great Zaganza is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th April 2019, 12:12 PM   #9
Loss Leader
I would save the receptionist.

As my mother was just moved to a dementia ward recently, you can imagine how much comfort this type of story brings me.

Aslo, this is the plot to a John Irving novel.

L. Leader
Loss Leader is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th April 2019, 12:13 PM   #10
Belz...
Fiend God

So what's a Dementia Man? Sounds like the name of an 80s rock band.

Belz... is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th April 2019, 12:27 PM   #11
cullennz
Embarrasingly illiterate

Weird

Putting aside the chick is scum

I saw Daily Mail. Florida, and Melbourne and thought I'd seen the ultimate in global web stories

A UK paper publishing a US story about a woman raping an old bloke in Aussie
I generally oppose gun control, but I support the ban on assault weapons and I support a slightly longer waiting period to purchase a gun. With today’s Internet technology we should be able to tell within 72-hours if a potential gun owner has a record.

Source: The America We Deserve, by Donald Trump, p.102 , Jul 2, 2000
cullennz is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th April 2019, 12:30 PM   #12
JoeMorgue
Self Employed
Remittance Man

//Slight hijack//

Everyone does get the reason behind the "Florida Man" meme and the cultural trope of Florida being this fountain of weird stories right?

Florida has something called the Sunshine Law which, over simplifying it a bit, has since it was put on the books in 1995 makes pretty much everything done by the government, including police forces, in Florida open public record. So if you're a newspaper editor or blog columnist looking to fill time or space with a "wacky" news story, Florida's are always going to be the first ones you come across.
JoeMorgue is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th April 2019, 12:47 PM   #13
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!

Originally Posted by Belz... View Post
So what's a Dementia Man?
He already doesn't remember being raped by her.
Old 10th April 2019, 02:21 PM   #14
Checkmite

Originally Posted by JoeMorgue View Post
//Slight hijack//

Florida has something called the Sunshine Law which, over simplifying it a bit, has since it was put on the books in 1995 makes pretty much everything done by the government, including police forces, in Florida open public record.
I don't think that explains it.

I think the kinds of records the Sunshine Law in Florida provides special access to, that you don't find as easily available elsewhere, are more like say audits, or internal communications or reports from things like police agencies and prison administrations and suchlike.

The Florida law may or may not specifically address things like arrest reports because they ARE government documents after all; but I know that arrest reports, which are the kinds of things that new stories like these are based on, seem to be considered public records and are easily available upon request - especially to the press - generally everywhere in the country. You'd occasionally find similar stories on the local paper's "police blotter" when I lived in Ohio.
Checkmite is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th April 2019, 06:40 PM   #15
shemp
a flimsy character...perfidious and despised

After getting a look at her, I can see that this is the only way she's gonna get any.
"...just as a magnet attracts iron filings, Trump shemp attracts, and is attracted to, louts." - George Will
shemp is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th April 2019, 08:33 PM   #16
Thermal
Philosopher

Can we cut to the chase and ask what he was wearing?
Old 10th April 2019, 08:39 PM   #17
JoeMorgue
Self Employed
Remittance Man

How long had the nurse been awake? If it's over 16 hours our hands our tied.
Old 11th April 2019, 12:28 AM   #18
3point14
Pi

Originally Posted by Thermal View Post
Can we cut to the chase and ask what he was wearing?
From Joe's link:

"Last December, she was allegedly found naked in the room of a man..."

Anyone that wraps themselves in the Union Flag and also lives in tax exile is a [redacted]
3point14 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th April 2019, 01:47 AM   #19
angrysoba
Philosophile

Originally Posted by Checkmite View Post
There's a disturbing moment in the 1971 film "Johnny Got His Gun" where the limbless, faceless protagonist is sexually assaulted by a nurse who has become infatuated with him. The whole movie is fairly disturbing so might be easy to see this as just a tree in the forest; but the thing is, the scene is only disturbing out-of-context. The nurse is the only person in the hospital who treats the protagonist like an actual human being, and it's very clear that the audience isn't supposed to think of what she does as wrong or that she is a bad person for doing it.
Does she appear in the Metallica video for “One”?
"The thief and the murderer follow nature just as much as the philanthropist. Cosmic evolution may teach us how the good and the evil tendencies of man may have come about; but, in itself, it is incompetent to furnish any better reason why what we call good is preferable to what we call evil than we had before."

"Evolution and Ethics" T.H. Huxley (1893)
angrysoba is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th April 2019, 01:48 AM   #20
angrysoba
Philosophile

Originally Posted by 3point14 View Post
From Joe's link:

"Last December, she was allegedly found naked in the room of a man..."
We know that. Thermal wants to know what the victim was wearing. I’m not sure why, but maybe Thermal assumes he was provocatively dressed or something?
"The thief and the murderer follow nature just as much as the philanthropist. Cosmic evolution may teach us how the good and the evil tendencies of man may have come about; but, in itself, it is incompetent to furnish any better reason why what we call good is preferable to what we call evil than we had before."

"Evolution and Ethics" T.H. Huxley (1893)
angrysoba is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th April 2019, 01:52 AM   #21
3point14
Pi

Originally Posted by angrysoba View Post
We know that. Thermal wants to know what the victim was wearing. I’m not sure why, but maybe Thermal assumes he was provocatively dressed or something?

That'll be why he wrote 'he' not 'she' then.

I need more coffee.

Anyone that wraps themselves in the Union Flag and also lives in tax exile is a [redacted]
3point14 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th April 2019, 05:38 AM   #22
dann
Philosopher

Originally Posted by JoeMorgue View Post
Everyone does get the reason behind the "Florida Man" meme and the cultural trope of Florida being this fountain of weird stories right?
YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE
"Stupidity renders itself invisible by assuming very large proportions. Completely unreasonable claims are irrefutable. Ni-en-leh pointed out that a philosopher might get into trouble by claiming that two times two makes five, but he does not risk much by claiming that two times two makes shoe polish." B. Brecht
"The abolition of religion as the illusory happiness of the people is required for their real happiness. The demand to give up the illusion about its condition is the demand to give up a condition which needs illusions." K. Marx
dann is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th April 2019, 06:42 AM   #23
Thermal
Philosopher

I bet he was wearing some of those hussy leggings. Just asking for it.
Old 11th April 2019, 09:17 AM   #24
Checkmite

Does she appear in the Metallica video for “One”?
Probably; if that's the video that uses a lot of footage from the movie. I don't know if that particular scene is used though.
Old 12th April 2019, 09:07 AM   #25
Delphic Oracle
Illuminator

Obligatory reminder that sexual assault is not about sexual gratification, but dominance and victim selection is not based on sexual attraction, but on (perceived/presumed) likelihood of submission.

If you have trouble understanding or accepting this, relax. It means you probably aren't ****** in the head.
Delphic Oracle is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th April 2019, 09:10 AM   #26
Belz...
Fiend God

Originally Posted by The Great Zaganza View Post
I read
I see that every time I see the thread not. Thanks for that.

Old 12th April 2019, 10:36 AM   #27
TragicMonkey
Poisoned Waffles

'Nun rates old demonic man.' I need to use the larger font size on this new phone.
Old 12th April 2019, 02:15 PM   #28
pharphis
Master Poster

Originally Posted by TragicMonkey View Post
'Nun rates old demonic man.' I need to use the larger font size on this new phone.
A solid 0/10 due to bigotry against Demons, I'm betting
pharphis is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th April 2019, 07:17 PM   #29
casebro
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Delphic Oracle View Post
Obligatory reminder that sexual assault is not about sexual gratification, but dominance and victim selection is not based on sexual attraction, but on (perceived/presumed) likelihood of submission.

If you have trouble understanding or accepting this, relax. It means you probably aren't ****** in the head.
The problem I have with that sentiment is that the definition of sexual assault has become for too broad. "Rape" is probably a more appropriate word in most uses. The OP is rape of a person unable to assent or decline. "Sexual assault" could be so petty as tapping a smaller person on the shoulder. And "grab 'em by the pussy" is not an assault if you two are already tongueing. And those two scenarios are NOT about power.
casebro is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th April 2019, 07:23 PM   #30
casebro
Penultimate Amazing

I know that some paraplegics and quads get priapism. Can Alzheimers have the same neurological phenomenon?

If the old man was out of it, but had a permanent tent pole, don't you have to lean towards her sexual gratification rather than power?
Old 12th April 2019, 10:44 PM   #31
cullennz
Embarrasingly illiterate

I think it is pretty obvious there is an amount of power over another individual going on.
I generally oppose gun control, but I support the ban on assault weapons and I support a slightly longer waiting period to purchase a gun. With today’s Internet technology we should be able to tell within 72-hours if a potential gun owner has a record.

Source: The America We Deserve, by Donald Trump, p.102 , Jul 2, 2000
cullennz is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th April 2019, 05:00 AM   #32
casebro
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by cullennz View Post
I think it is pretty obvious there is an amount of power over another individual going on.
Sure there is- the power to get unilaterally sexually gratified. It happens millions of times a day. But POWER doesn't have to be the moving force.
Old 13th April 2019, 03:32 PM   #33
Delphic Oracle
Illuminator

Originally Posted by casebro View Post
I know that some paraplegics and quads get priapism. Can Alzheimers have the same neurological phenomenon?

If the old man was out of it, but had a permanent tent pole, don't you have to lean towards her sexual gratification rather than power?
If the nurse is prepping the meds, then the victim is totally defenseless and possibly even unaware. I sat watch over some emergency exit doors at a facility for folks with cognitive decline for a few weeks after a lightning strike left them all disabled (a big problem in a place where people wander off in a daze or, worse, absolutely want to escape from). Meds are prepped after dinner and taken at bedtime, resistance will bring the whole ward swarming until its all down your throat and I doubt anyone diligently checks the pills against the patient chart at that point. 2 overnighters per ward, a lot of zoning out in front of the tv/phone, some sporadic bed checks.

Lots of potential for trouble.
Delphic Oracle is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th April 2019, 04:50 PM   #34
wasapi
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Thermal View Post
I bet he was wearing some of those hussy leggings. Just asking for it.
Oh come on, everyone knows how accessible and sexy those hospital gowns are.
Old 14th April 2019, 03:39 AM   #35
quadraginta
Becoming Beth

Originally Posted by Checkmite View Post
I don't think that explains it.

I think the kinds of records the Sunshine Law in Florida provides special access to, that you don't find as easily available elsewhere, are more like say audits, or internal communications or reports from things like police agencies and prison administrations and suchlike.

The Florida law may or may not specifically address things like arrest reports because they ARE government documents after all; but I know that arrest reports, which are the kinds of things that new stories like these are based on, seem to be considered public records and are easily available upon request - especially to the press - generally everywhere in the country. You'd occasionally find similar stories on the local paper's "police blotter" when I lived in Ohio.

Arrest records are one thing. Anything the police have, including "work product' notes, are open. The exceptions are stuff that is related to an ongoing investigation, and photos,videos, etc. that might fall under the Earnhardt Family Protection Act.

That's it.

The FL state Constitution doesn't pull any punches.
"every person has the right to inspect or copy any public record made or received in connection with the official business of any public body, officer, or employee of the state, or persons acting on their behalf."

And they interpret "public record" very broadly. Few (if any, I can think of none) other states have this level of transparency. By way of example, everything which is included in any discovery material turned over to a defense attorney is "public record".

Yeah, you might be able to see arrest records in many of those other states, but try getting the detectives' reports, all the lab analysis, including notes and photos. All the meeting minutes.

Think about how many states try to withhold body cam video, etc.

The state had to turn over their recordings of Casey Anthony's jail conversations and phone calls to the press.

Why do you think we got to see all those photos of George Zimmerman's boo boos so quickly?

"Ninety percent of the politicians give the other ten percent a bad reputation."
quadraginta is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th April 2019, 03:56 AM   #36
quadraginta
Becoming Beth

Originally Posted by The Great Zaganza View Post
I read

and was wondering why the Secret Service didn't stop him.

He's a Republican. It's okay when a Republican does it, and they probably expect that kind of thing from them anyway.

"Ninety percent of the politicians give the other ten percent a bad reputation."
quadraginta is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Social Issues & Current Events