IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags alex jones , infowars

Old Yesterday, 02:09 PM   #1081
Reformed Offlian
Muse

Originally Posted by acbytesla View Post
Yes for real. The January 6th Committee said that they were in possession of the texts.

Roger Stone said that the intimate discussion was that he and Jones "prayed together"
I imagine Stone means he was looking at the pictures and muttering "Lord have mercy!"

Close enough?
Reformed Offlian is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 04:32 PM   #1082
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by JoeMorgue View Post
I'm still not 100% convinced he can't.

Short of a bullet between the eyes what can possibly stop him going right back to his ways when this is said and done.
Question is how much creditbility Jones will have outside his hardcore cult when this is over. I think not very much.
If you want him totally silenced, that is not going to happen.

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 05:06 PM   #1083
TheGoldcountry
Philosopher

Originally Posted by JayUtah View Post
My experience (mostly observational, not practiced) is that while you can informally signal your intentions to the other party ("Yeah, I'm gonna need that back"), you still have to follow up with the proper motions and notices, otherwise no legal obligation ensues. In this case, plaintiff's counsel could very well have been notified informally that there was going to be a claw-back, and very well have cordially acknowledged it, but if a properly written and filed notice pursuant to the rules of civil procedure never arrives, you can't pursue a claim based on a violation of the rule.

From what I've seen, procedural rules carry significant weight. They're literally the substance of due process, which rises all the way to the Constitutional guarantees regarding the judiciary. You can't just tap-dance your way through them.
Also, as the judge pointed out, even if the plaintiffs' lawyers had violated procedure, a lot of that evidence was supposed to be made available in discovery anyway. The defense balked and said it would take months to sort through exactly what the plaintiffs were entitled to, but again, that was their fault for not cooperating with the court from the very beginning.

They ****** themselves in multiple ways.
Old Yesterday, 06:09 PM   #1084
angrysoba
Philosophile

Originally Posted by dudalb View Post
Question is how much creditbility Jones will have outside his hardcore cult when this is over. I think not very much.
If you want him totally silenced, that is not going to happen.
I would say his "hardcore cult" is pretty huge at this point.

At this point, the whole Trump-Jones-Carlson-Internet-Edgelords Axis has convinced millions of people that up is down and down is up.

They will all get behind the idea that Jones was set up, that the FBI planted evidence in Mar-a-Lago, that Trump and Jones were totally innocent of the January 6th debacle which was all anti-fa, but ALSO a great uprising and totally justified!

They have passed the point where having a consistent story even matters. In fact, probably past the point at which they would even have any problem with the worst of all the accusations against them?
Old Yesterday, 07:34 PM   #1085
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

Jones has a hardcore cult following that he despises: he wants MSM recognition, a spot like Tucker on a big Station without having to change one bit himself.
These verdicts will make him too toxic for most of his "mainstream" idols.

- Emo Philips
The Great Zaganza is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories