ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories
 


Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags Coronavirus

Reply
Old 30th June 2020, 09:01 AM   #1201
JayUtah
Penultimate Amazing
 
JayUtah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 18,654
Originally Posted by PartSkeptic View Post
I had a meter which is totally reliable.
Describe the process you used to validate the reliability of the meter.

Quote:
I only had severe symptoms afterwards. Now how can I be mistaken?
You can be mistaken by failing to undertake a properly controlled experiment to, first, establish a correlation that you informally suspect, and second, to rule out competing variables.

Quote:
Do you not realize that you jump to bad conclusions because of your bias?
How is anyone here biased except for you? You're literally using your desired conclusion as the basis for accepting or rejecting evidence.

Quote:
The judge did not follow the law - which was that in such cases where people offer contradicting evidence on such a critical point he should have asked for verbal testimony or further evidence.
Cite a South African legal authority that establishes this rule, please. A trier of fact in any jurisdiction may certainly desire additional evidence to help resolve conflicting evidence. But if none is forthcoming, or if other circumstances apply, the trier of fact simply decides how much weight to give each side. That's what it means to be a trier of fact.
JayUtah is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th June 2020, 09:40 AM   #1202
EvilBiker
Graduate Poster
 
EvilBiker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Berlin
Posts: 1,256
Originally Posted by PartSkeptic View Post
I had a meter which is totally reliable. My wife got symptoms and asked me to measure. The meter is directional so there was no doubt. The reading showed it was operating at full power (about 3,000 uW/sqm). Even if every tower in the area was at full strength the value could never be above about 4 uW/sqm because of the inverse square law. I only had severe symptoms afterwards. Now how can I be mistaken?
From a previous post of yours:

Quote:
A little high! The meter meter only goes up to 2mW/sqm. I had to estimate the Peak using the RMS. The German engineers did not think that anyone had to measure such high values.
Firstly, your meter is a POS and is useless for absolute measurements, so don't even bother referencing it again. Add to that the fact that you "estimated" the peak means your values are useless anyway. Do you even know the difference between RMS and peak values?? Do you know why Chinese speaker manufacturers can confidently quote peak power values of 1500W for 6W RMS speakers??


I'm currently torn - I would LOVE to get hold of one of these meters to tear it down, but I refuse to pay over $300 to these charlatans.
__________________
Flat Earth Theory:
The unfortunate result of ordering pizza to satisfy munchies after smoking way too much weed to bring you down from that hectic acid trip.
EvilBiker is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th June 2020, 09:49 AM   #1203
Cosmic Yak
Illuminator
 
Cosmic Yak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Where there's never a road broader than the back of your hand.
Posts: 3,428
Originally Posted by PartSkeptic View Post
I had a meter which is totally reliable. My wife got symptoms and asked me to measure. The meter is directional so there was no doubt. The reading showed it was operating at full power (about 3,000 uW/sqm). Even if every tower in the area was at full strength the value could never be above about 4 uW/sqm because of the inverse square law. I only had severe symptoms afterwards. Now how can I be mistaken?
I'll leave the scientific answers to those more qualified.
However, I note that you have avoided answering my questions regarding your dismissal of the evidence brought to the court that the tower had been turned off. You have simply asserted that it was all lies, without providing any evidence to support this.
This does also rather re-emphasise the general point, that you simply cannot conceive that you might be mistaken. Do you consider yourself to be infallible?

Originally Posted by PartSkeptic View Post
Do you not realize that you jump to bad conclusions because of your bias?
Actually, no, I don't, because all I have done on this topic is to ask you questions, and basically all you have done is to ignore or dodge them.
What conclusions do you think I have reached, and what bias do you think I have that influenced them?


Originally Posted by PartSkeptic View Post
The judge said he accepted the metering companies evidence because they are a big corporate and as such they were the better witness.
Which is yet another unsupported claim on your part. I will, for the sake of form more than an actual expectation of a straight answer, ask you to highlight the specific part of the court transcripts where the judge said those words.


Originally Posted by PartSkeptic View Post
I will be laying a police complaint of statutory perjury because the "evidence" the company provided DOES show the tower had to be on for 36 hours during the month of January 2019. They distorted the graph so it was not immediately obvious but a careful analysis makes it clear. You know how the magician does the trick - he tells you what he wants you to see. The power company invoice will also show 36 hours of power instead of 1 hour of testing.
Well, good luck with that. Will the police be lucky enough to actually see the graph and the invoice? Somehow, I doubt that we will be, here on this forum.


Originally Posted by PartSkeptic View Post
The judge did not follow the law - which was that in such cases where people offer contradicting evidence on such a critical point he should have asked for verbal testimony or further evidence. But wait. This issue is not dead - far from it. You may even read about it in the media.
I will echo that call for you to cite the relevant parts of South African law, and add that it would be nice if you could highlight the same in the court records. I would like to see exactly what the judge ruled.
__________________
Fortuna Faveat Fatuis
Cosmic Yak is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th June 2020, 09:56 AM   #1204
Mojo
Mostly harmless
 
Mojo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Nor Flanden
Posts: 32,604
Originally Posted by Mojo View Post
PartSkeptic, what is the reason for your suggested protocol including taking measurements? Why do you require “more instrumentation” to carry out a test that involves having a modem turned on or off and you deciding, using nothing more than your own senses, which it is?

[TAPTAPTAP] Is this thing on? [TAPTAPTAP]
__________________
"You got to use your brain." - McKinley Morganfield

"The poor mystic homeopaths feel like petted house-cats thrown at high flood on the breaking ice." - Leon Trotsky
Mojo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th June 2020, 09:56 AM   #1205
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing
 
abaddon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Republic of Ireland
Posts: 20,522
Originally Posted by PartSkeptic View Post
Your link:

The neutrality of the style of writing in this article is questioned.

The UK constitution is not contained in a single code, but principles have emerged over the centuries from statute, case law, political conventions and social consensus. In this sense, it can be said that the United Kingdom does not have a constitution or a basic law.


It either does or it does not. My statement is either true or false. It is not a Schrodinger Cat. My statement is true despite your attempt at spin.

You did say you are bathed in radiation. Your confused thinking may be a symptom of too much emf. Or maybe you are just that way.
Want more? There is plenty of discussion about the UK constitution.

Or do you prefer to remain wrong?
__________________
Who is General Failure? And why is he reading my hard drive?


...love and buttercakes...
abaddon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th June 2020, 10:01 AM   #1206
EvilBiker
Graduate Poster
 
EvilBiker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Berlin
Posts: 1,256
Originally Posted by PartSkeptic View Post
I will be laying a police complaint of statutory perjury because the "evidence" the company provided DOES show the tower had to be on for 36 hours during the month of January 2019. They distorted the graph so it was not immediately obvious but a careful analysis makes it clear. You know how the magician does the trick - he tells you what he wants you to see. The power company invoice will also show 36 hours of power instead of 1 hour of testing.
You use "will" a lot. Actually, you've been threatening all sorts of actions against the authorities for a while now, and nada. In fact, you've really done nothing since the end of the case in what, early 2019?

Show us this "evidence" you've got showing the tower being on. No, I'm not talking about your POS meter measurements.

The power company "will" show - again, you come with these pleadings.
__________________
Flat Earth Theory:
The unfortunate result of ordering pizza to satisfy munchies after smoking way too much weed to bring you down from that hectic acid trip.
EvilBiker is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th June 2020, 10:04 AM   #1207
EvilBiker
Graduate Poster
 
EvilBiker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Berlin
Posts: 1,256
Originally Posted by Mojo View Post
[TAPTAPTAP] Is this thing on? [TAPTAPTAP]

He's really good at filtering that which severely questions/undermines his diatribe. Don't worry, it's not you or the equipment
__________________
Flat Earth Theory:
The unfortunate result of ordering pizza to satisfy munchies after smoking way too much weed to bring you down from that hectic acid trip.
EvilBiker is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th June 2020, 10:06 AM   #1208
wollery
Protected by Samurai Hedgehogs!
 
wollery's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 10,926
Originally Posted by JayUtah View Post
Describe the process you used to validate the reliability of the meter.
He pointed it at the tower and got a really high reading.

Then he felt ill.

What more proof do you need?
__________________
"You're a sick SOB. You know that, Wollery?" - Roadtoad

"Just think how stupid the average person is, and then realize that half of them are even stupider!" --George Carlin
wollery is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th June 2020, 10:17 AM   #1209
JayUtah
Penultimate Amazing
 
JayUtah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 18,654
Originally Posted by Cosmic Yak View Post
I'll leave the scientific answers to those more qualified.
Scientifically speaking, his meter is obvious crap. He even admits it gives him nonsensical readings, yet he trusts it. He had symptoms at the same time, and jumped to a conclusion of causation, having applied no rigor or control. That's how science responds.
JayUtah is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th June 2020, 10:21 AM   #1210
EvilBiker
Graduate Poster
 
EvilBiker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Berlin
Posts: 1,256
Originally Posted by JayUtah View Post
Scientifically speaking, his meter is obvious crap. He even admits it gives him nonsensical readings, yet he trusts it. He had symptoms at the same time, and jumped to a conclusion of causation, having applied no rigor or control. That's how science responds.
I find it interesting that he said his wife got symptoms and asked him to measure. So if his wife didn't mention it, he wouldn't have known? Who's the RF canary now?
__________________
Flat Earth Theory:
The unfortunate result of ordering pizza to satisfy munchies after smoking way too much weed to bring you down from that hectic acid trip.
EvilBiker is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th June 2020, 11:12 AM   #1211
JayUtah
Penultimate Amazing
 
JayUtah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 18,654
Originally Posted by EvilBiker View Post
I find it interesting that he said his wife got symptoms and asked him to measure. So if his wife didn't mention it, he wouldn't have known? Who's the RF canary now?
Indeed. His wife prompts him to take measurements. He does, noting an absurdly high reading. Then he gets symptoms. Why didn't he get symptoms at the same time as the other occupant of the house? I'm sure the explanation will be entertaining.
JayUtah is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th June 2020, 11:22 AM   #1212
Mojo
Mostly harmless
 
Mojo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Nor Flanden
Posts: 32,604
Originally Posted by JayUtah View Post
Indeed. His wife prompts him to take measurements. He does, noting an absurdly high reading. Then he gets symptoms. Why didn't he get symptoms at the same time as the other occupant of the house? I'm sure the explanation will be entertaining.

I think there might be a clue in the next paragraph of the same post.
__________________
"You got to use your brain." - McKinley Morganfield

"The poor mystic homeopaths feel like petted house-cats thrown at high flood on the breaking ice." - Leon Trotsky
Mojo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th June 2020, 11:23 AM   #1213
EvilBiker
Graduate Poster
 
EvilBiker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Berlin
Posts: 1,256
Originally Posted by JayUtah View Post
Indeed. His wife prompts him to take measurements. He does, noting an absurdly high reading. Then he gets symptoms. Why didn't he get symptoms at the same time as the other occupant of the house? I'm sure the explanation will be entertaining.

I hope so, I need more material for the small book I'm writing.
__________________
Flat Earth Theory:
The unfortunate result of ordering pizza to satisfy munchies after smoking way too much weed to bring you down from that hectic acid trip.
EvilBiker is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th June 2020, 11:29 AM   #1214
Pixel42
Schrödinger's cat
 
Pixel42's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Malmesbury, UK
Posts: 12,233
Originally Posted by Mojo View Post
I think there might be a clue in the next paragraph of the same post.
If "feel free to cherry pick what suits your beliefs" had not already blown up my irony meter, "Do you not realize that you jump to bad conclusions because of your bias?" would certainly have done it.
__________________
"If you trust in yourself ... and believe in your dreams ... and follow your star ... you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things" - Terry Pratchett
Pixel42 is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th June 2020, 11:35 AM   #1215
EvilBiker
Graduate Poster
 
EvilBiker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Berlin
Posts: 1,256
Originally Posted by Pixel42 View Post
If "feel free to cherry pick what suits your beliefs" had not already blown up my irony meter, "Do you not realize that you jump to bad conclusions because of your bias?" would certainly have done it.
With the amount of irony in PS's posts and the amount of high strength electric fields he has supposedly been exposed to, I'm surprised he can actually do anything except align to magnetic North.
__________________
Flat Earth Theory:
The unfortunate result of ordering pizza to satisfy munchies after smoking way too much weed to bring you down from that hectic acid trip.
EvilBiker is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th June 2020, 11:45 AM   #1216
bknight
Master Poster
 
bknight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 2,236
Originally Posted by EvilBiker View Post
With the amount of irony in PS's posts and the amount of high strength electric fields he has supposedly been exposed to, I'm surprised he can actually do anything except align to magnetic North.
That might give him a headache.
bknight is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th June 2020, 12:07 PM   #1217
EvilBiker
Graduate Poster
 
EvilBiker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Berlin
Posts: 1,256
Originally Posted by bknight View Post
That might give him a headache.
"Bosun, what's our heading?"
"Headache strength 9 on the Gigahertz scale, sah!"
"Ah, vaguely North then."
__________________
Flat Earth Theory:
The unfortunate result of ordering pizza to satisfy munchies after smoking way too much weed to bring you down from that hectic acid trip.
EvilBiker is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th June 2020, 12:18 PM   #1218
p0lka
Graduate Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: near trees, houses and a lake.
Posts: 1,957
Originally Posted by Mojo View Post
[TAPTAPTAP] Is this thing on? [TAPTAPTAP]
Maybe that's the answer to your question regarding the need for instrumentation.

Last edited by p0lka; 30th June 2020 at 12:24 PM.
p0lka is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th June 2020, 02:48 PM   #1219
Cat Not Included
Thinker
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 137
Originally Posted by PartSkeptic View Post
Really. Prove it. Why was there no preparation?
Well, for one thing, experts being aware of something doesn't translate into politicians and the public being willing to do something about it. Hell, in the US we're several months into the pandemic with over a million dead and a significant chunk of the population still refuses to take the trivial step of wearing masks in public.

However, there absolutely was preparation. Sorry, my knowledge is mostly US centric, but over here, our president and administration from 2009 through 2016 created a pandemic task force that responded swiftly to assist with potential outbreaks throughout the world. In 2014 our then president said in a speech:

“There may and likely will come a time in which we have both an airborne disease that is deadly. And in order for us to deal with that effectively, we have to put in place an infrastructure—not just here at home, but globally—that allows us to see it quickly, isolate it quickly, respond to it quickly, so that if and when a new strain of flu like the Spanish flu crops up five years from now or a decade from now, we’ve made the investment and we’re further along to be able to catch it.”

That administration prepared a variety of training and preparing material for the incoming administration in 2016 including a training scenario that looks almost exactly like the current outbreak. Which the current administration utterly ignored.

However, several countries WERE well prepared for the outbreak. With fast responses and listening to medical and scientific advice, they minimized cases and deaths. Here's a nice readable article discussing some of them:
https://time.com/5851633/best-global...nses-covid-19/
Cat Not Included is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th June 2020, 02:58 PM   #1220
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing
 
abaddon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Republic of Ireland
Posts: 20,522
Originally Posted by EvilBiker View Post
I hope so, I need more material for the small book I'm writing.
Be warned in advance. It may become a rather large book.
__________________
Who is General Failure? And why is he reading my hard drive?


...love and buttercakes...
abaddon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th June 2020, 10:19 PM   #1221
Hans
Philosopher
 
Hans's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 8,154
Originally Posted by EvilBiker View Post
"Bosun, what's our heading?"
"Headache strength 9 on the Gigahertz scale, sah!"
"Ah, vaguely North then."
Sailing master what is our course?

East of the Moon, south of Sun, left in front of Venus and right by the rear of Mars.
Hans is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th June 2020, 10:19 PM   #1222
Jim_MDP
Philosopher
 
Jim_MDP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: N.Cal/S.Or
Posts: 7,150
Originally Posted by Cat Not Included View Post
Well, for one thing, experts being aware of something doesn't translate into politicians and the public being willing to do something about it. Hell, in the US we're several months into the pandemic with over a million dead and a significant chunk of the population still refuses to take the trivial step of wearing masks in public.



However, there absolutely was preparation. Sorry, my knowledge is mostly US centric, but over here, our president and administration from 2009 through 2016 created a pandemic task force that responded swiftly to assist with potential outbreaks throughout the world. In 2014 our then president said in a speech:



“There may and likely will come a time in which we have both an airborne disease that is deadly. And in order for us to deal with that effectively, we have to put in place an infrastructure—not just here at home, but globally—that allows us to see it quickly, isolate it quickly, respond to it quickly, so that if and when a new strain of flu like the Spanish flu crops up five years from now or a decade from now, we’ve made the investment and we’re further along to be able to catch it.”



That administration prepared a variety of training and preparing material for the incoming administration in 2016 including a training scenario that looks almost exactly like the current outbreak. Which the current administration utterly ignored.



However, several countries WERE well prepared for the outbreak. With fast responses and listening to medical and scientific advice, they minimized cases and deaths. Here's a nice readable article discussing some of them:

https://time.com/5851633/best-global...nses-covid-19/
We don't have a million dead in the US (I think we're up to ~15% of that )... but globaly there are certainly that many. I know it was just a slip of phrasing, I'm just not sure what that sentence was supposed to say. No worries though.

On the transition prep meetings... An account I read months ago on the pandemic scenario part (one of ~five IIRC), of the major Trump admin members present... Betsy DeVoss was openly dismissive and Wilbur Ross actually took a nap. Nice.
Take that with a few grains, but we do know they figuratively tossed the entire packet out soon after.
Yes, the experts have been shouting the warning for twenty years. And just to help everyone get a good nights sleep... this, right now, is the mild version.
__________________
----------------------
Anything goes in the Goblin hut... anything.

"Suggesting spurious explanations isn't relevant to my work." -- WTC Dust.
"Both cannot be simultaneously true, and so one may conclude neither is true, and if neither is true, then Apollo is fraudulent." -- Patrick1000.

Last edited by Jim_MDP; 30th June 2020 at 10:21 PM.
Jim_MDP is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st July 2020, 03:05 AM   #1223
varwoche
Penultimate Amazing
 
varwoche's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Puget Sound
Posts: 14,457
Originally Posted by PartSkeptic View Post
Really. Prove it. Why was there no preparation?
VP Al Gore in 1996:

Originally Posted by Gore
Emerging infectious diseases present one of the most significant health and security challenges facing the global community. Through President Clinton's leadership, we now have the first national policy to deal with this serious international problem.
link

First acknowledge you were wrong and then I'll answer the preparation question.
__________________
To survive election season on a skeptics forum, one must understand Hymie-the-Robot.
My authority is total - Trump
varwoche is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st July 2020, 03:49 AM   #1224
Cosmic Yak
Illuminator
 
Cosmic Yak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Where there's never a road broader than the back of your hand.
Posts: 3,428
Originally Posted by PartSkeptic View Post
Really. Prove it. Why was there no preparation?
The UK was also preparing for another pandemic. The problem was, they thought it would be flu-related. It wasn't that there was no preparation, it was that it was the wrong preparation.
https://www.gov.uk/government/news/u...d-for-pandemic
__________________
Fortuna Faveat Fatuis
Cosmic Yak is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st July 2020, 05:24 AM   #1225
varwoche
Penultimate Amazing
 
varwoche's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Puget Sound
Posts: 14,457
The warnings about pandemic have been persistent and serious. The entities in the know consisted of far, far more than "god" and you, PS.

You probably heard these rumblings -- most everyone did -- but then you blythely incorporated the plot line into your private delusion without even bothering to check readily available facts.

So now you know.
__________________
To survive election season on a skeptics forum, one must understand Hymie-the-Robot.
My authority is total - Trump
varwoche is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st July 2020, 05:45 AM   #1226
Pixel42
Schrödinger's cat
 
Pixel42's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Malmesbury, UK
Posts: 12,233
Originally Posted by varwoche View Post
The warnings about pandemic have been persistent and serious. The entities in the know consisted of far, far more than "god" and you, PS.

You probably heard these rumblings -- most everyone did -- but then you blythely incorporated the plot line into your private delusion without even bothering to check readily available facts.

So now you know.
PartSkeptic does not seem to be claiming that he was the only one who predicted a pandemic, but that he made the specific prediction that it would be "sneaky and have a stealth spread" and that "That is happening".

Despite the vagueness of that prediction, I see nothing about the current pandemic which could be reasonably interpreted as a fulfilment of it.

ETA the complete quote:

Originally Posted by PartSkeptic
I said early on the pandemic would be sneaky and have a stealth spread. That is happening. Did anyone predict that aspect of this pandemic. No. To quote a high-up official "No-one saw this coming". Wrong. I did.
__________________
"If you trust in yourself ... and believe in your dreams ... and follow your star ... you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things" - Terry Pratchett

Last edited by Pixel42; 1st July 2020 at 05:49 AM.
Pixel42 is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st July 2020, 07:28 AM   #1227
EvilBiker
Graduate Poster
 
EvilBiker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Berlin
Posts: 1,256
Originally Posted by Pixel42 View Post
PartSkeptic does not seem to be claiming that he was the only one who predicted a pandemic, but that he made the specific prediction that it would be "sneaky and have a stealth spread" and that "That is happening".

Despite the vagueness of that prediction, I see nothing about the current pandemic which could be reasonably interpreted as a fulfilment of it.

ETA the complete quote:
He sure as hell didn't predict that the virus would be sneaky and have a stealth spread. Go look at his first post in this thread, specifically this bit:

Quote:
What I realized was that a simple pandemic would be contained so it could not achieve a 60% die-off. What had to happen was a silent unnoticed infection that would decrease immune systems so that both pandemics and ordinary illnesses would kill people off. For a while, I thought this might be a combination of a virus and a fungus because my fungal infection was so stealthy and not diagnosed.

But no. When the cell tower was put next door and I (and others) got sick, I realized it was another bit of psychic information. It is the perfect stealth mechanism because not only will the effects not be noticed for decades (like smoking) but it is global in reach, affecting every country, town and city. Particularly big cities. Remember the plagues - big cities!
He was essentially saying that there would be another mechanism (EMF - Tadaaaa!) that would decrease our immunity so "pandemics and ordinary illnesses would kill people off".

So no, he did not predict the sneaky and stealth spreading pandemic we are dealing with today.
__________________
Flat Earth Theory:
The unfortunate result of ordering pizza to satisfy munchies after smoking way too much weed to bring you down from that hectic acid trip.

Last edited by EvilBiker; 1st July 2020 at 07:55 AM.
EvilBiker is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st July 2020, 07:33 AM   #1228
Cosmic Yak
Illuminator
 
Cosmic Yak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Where there's never a road broader than the back of your hand.
Posts: 3,428
Plus, the death rate from Covid 19, even including associated deaths, such as those already weakened by other pre-existing conditions, and deaths from reduced standards of care in overwhelmed and overworked healthcare centres, is still nothing like 60%.
__________________
Fortuna Faveat Fatuis
Cosmic Yak is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st July 2020, 10:13 AM   #1229
Cat Not Included
Thinker
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 137
Originally Posted by Jim_MDP View Post
We don't have a million dead in the US (I think we're up to ~15% of that )... but globaly there are certainly that many. I know it was just a slip of phrasing, I'm just not sure what that sentence was supposed to say. No worries though.
Doh! Quite right. Over a million infected, not dead. Though now its over 2 million. Deaths are at about 129K. Sorry, mixed up my numbers.
Cat Not Included is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st July 2020, 01:26 PM   #1230
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing
 
abaddon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Republic of Ireland
Posts: 20,522
Originally Posted by Cat Not Included View Post
Doh! Quite right. Over a million infected, not dead. Though now its over 2 million. Deaths are at about 129K. Sorry, mixed up my numbers.
Don't sweat it. The sea of numbers is challenging.
__________________
Who is General Failure? And why is he reading my hard drive?


...love and buttercakes...
abaddon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st July 2020, 02:28 PM   #1231
Pixel42
Schrödinger's cat
 
Pixel42's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Malmesbury, UK
Posts: 12,233
Originally Posted by EvilBiker View Post
So no, he did not predict the sneaky and stealth spreading pandemic we are dealing with today.
Regardless of what the actual prediction was (and I see you're right about that) I was mostly puzzled as to what it was that qualified this pandemic as particularly "sneaky and stealth spreading" in the first place.
__________________
"If you trust in yourself ... and believe in your dreams ... and follow your star ... you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things" - Terry Pratchett
Pixel42 is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st July 2020, 11:14 PM   #1232
PartSkeptic
Illuminator
 
PartSkeptic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: South Africa
Posts: 3,512
Originally Posted by EvilBiker View Post
He sure as hell didn't predict that the virus would be sneaky and have a stealth spread. Go look at his first post in this thread, specifically this bit:



He was essentially saying that there would be another mechanism (EMF - Tadaaaa!) that would decrease our immunity so "pandemics and ordinary illnesses would kill people off".

So no, he did not predict the sneaky and stealth spreading pandemic we are dealing with today.

You have to go further back. You have to look at other writings of mine also. Until I realized what EMFs are capable of, I thought that a virus would combine with a fungus and spread globally before it was noticed. The fungus I have is slow. 6 to 18 months and slowly causes increasing inflammation and there the cause is attributed to many other problems.

I just learned from another SA activist that WiFi readings in hospitals range from 2,000 to 11,000 uW/Sqm. Many EHS sufferers will tell you that even 1 uW/sqm is harmful.

You are simply nit-picking the details. You have a global pandemic causing a lot of secondary damage, and countries are battling to stop it. The EMFs might be a factor causing deaths in hospitals and no-one questions it.

If Gods message is correct then what we see now is only the start.
__________________
**Agnostic theist. God/Satan/Angels/Demons may not exist - but I choose to think the probability is that they do. By personal experience.**
PartSkeptic is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st July 2020, 11:18 PM   #1233
PartSkeptic
Illuminator
 
PartSkeptic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: South Africa
Posts: 3,512
Originally Posted by JayUtah View Post
Scientifically speaking, his meter is obvious crap. He even admits it gives him nonsensical readings, yet he trusts it. He had symptoms at the same time, and jumped to a conclusion of causation, having applied no rigor or control. That's how science responds.

There he goes again, having dropped the pretense of being a "friend".

What utter rubbish. Claims without a scrap of anything to support them. And nasty as well.
__________________
**Agnostic theist. God/Satan/Angels/Demons may not exist - but I choose to think the probability is that they do. By personal experience.**
PartSkeptic is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st July 2020, 11:25 PM   #1234
PartSkeptic
Illuminator
 
PartSkeptic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: South Africa
Posts: 3,512
Originally Posted by EvilBiker View Post
You use "will" a lot. Actually, you've been threatening all sorts of actions against the authorities for a while now, and nada. In fact, you've really done nothing since the end of the case in what, early 2019?

Show us this "evidence" you've got showing the tower being on. No, I'm not talking about your POS meter measurements.

The power company "will" show - again, you come with these pleadings.

I have retained a lawyer and the matters are under way. I have other strategies under way also. SA does not have a "sub judice" law but there are restrictions which I must get more familiar with. Is a Telco prompting you to get me to disclose?

My health is seriously slowing me down. I will go to a Hydro to recover, and also my Jacuzzi should be up and running soon. I am adding the insulation. It is a great help to reduce pain (Jacuzzi invented it for his sons' pain).
__________________
**Agnostic theist. God/Satan/Angels/Demons may not exist - but I choose to think the probability is that they do. By personal experience.**
PartSkeptic is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st July 2020, 11:37 PM   #1235
PartSkeptic
Illuminator
 
PartSkeptic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: South Africa
Posts: 3,512
Originally Posted by EvilBiker View Post
From a previous post of yours:



Firstly, your meter is a POS and is useless for absolute measurements, so don't even bother referencing it again. Add to that the fact that you "estimated" the peak means your values are useless anyway. Do you even know the difference between RMS and peak values?? Do you know why Chinese speaker manufacturers can confidently quote peak power values of 1500W for 6W RMS speakers??


I'm currently torn - I would LOVE to get hold of one of these meters to tear it down, but I refuse to pay over $300 to these charlatans.

What makes you say the meter is no good. An opinion without the slightest evidence to fuel suspicion.

Why does a meter have to be accurate to within 0.1%. If I time you speeding using a stop watch and two distance markers who cares that I could be 10 % off when I measure your speed to be 250 kph in a 120 kph zone? You will not doubt avoid this question.


The Telcos hired a company called Alphawave. The engineer who came to do the tests founded EMSS. It was originally part of a Telco but they formed an "independent" company.

Their readings confirmed my readings. Is that good enough for you? I notice that they did not claim the radiation was "safe". They stated it was within recommended ICNIRP guidelines.

Also note that Germany, Russia and Israel have much stricter laws to restrict EMFs, particularly in schools and hospitals.

A person who is severely EHS has retained a legal aid lawyer to sue. He has asked her to provide an "experts report". I spoke to other activists who are also in the beginning stages of legal action. They laughed. Doctors and scientists in SA are not prepared to get involved. They have tried. The only success they had was with international experts willing to commit themselves.
__________________
**Agnostic theist. God/Satan/Angels/Demons may not exist - but I choose to think the probability is that they do. By personal experience.**
PartSkeptic is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st July 2020, 11:52 PM   #1236
PartSkeptic
Illuminator
 
PartSkeptic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: South Africa
Posts: 3,512
Originally Posted by JayUtah View Post
(snip)
Cite a South African legal authority that establishes this rule, please. A trier of fact in any jurisdiction may certainly desire additional evidence to help resolve conflicting evidence. But if none is forthcoming, or if other circumstances apply, the trier of fact simply decides how much weight to give each side. That's what it means to be a trier of fact.
Oh. So one can decide on the basis that one witness is very pretty (or has bigger frontal assets) than the plain Jane. Or that there is a "pay off".

I remember reading this in a plane while on business in the USA. The Wall Street Journal had an article about the corruption in the 11 years Six Flags Adventure Park. Judge after judge ruled against a clear restriction about the environment. And judge after judge got hired by the big law companies for being so "just" in giving them the favorable rulings.

Or as one judge I took to the Concourt said: "I deemed it appropriate", when written reasons were requested. Do you think that is reasonable? Or even justice? In that matter there was no evidence by the other party. Only a verbal submission from the bar. Also not permitted.

The "trier of fact" can be bought because they are appointed (anointed in some cases) by the system (SA being unusually corrupted with a toothless justice system). Do you think they do not have to follow the methods established by case history? Read the SA High Court Rules about applications and evidence. Why do you think they permit oral evidence in certain circumstances?

Every rule has the key exception that the rule can be broken "in the interests of justice". One judge in another case (about to be appealed to the ConCourt) said to me "My ruling in an urgent matter is un-appealable". He ruled that there were no costs and later changed his order to include costs. Really. I should give you guys that case when it is done.
__________________
**Agnostic theist. God/Satan/Angels/Demons may not exist - but I choose to think the probability is that they do. By personal experience.**

Last edited by PartSkeptic; 1st July 2020 at 11:55 PM.
PartSkeptic is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd July 2020, 12:17 AM   #1237
Pixel42
Schrödinger's cat
 
Pixel42's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Malmesbury, UK
Posts: 12,233
Originally Posted by PartSkeptic View Post
I have retained a lawyer and the matters are under way.
To do what? As I understand it the tower has been removed, albeit not for the reasons you wanted it removed. What more do you want the Telco to do?

I get the impression you want them to admit the tower was on when you say it was and they say it wasn't, but proving that is going to be problematic to put it mildly. They have official records, you have your word that you measured a very high level. Even if the court accepts your word you would have to show that (a) your meter is accurate and reliable in the range and circumstances in question, (b) you were using and reading it correctly and (c) the source of the reading was the cell tower.

Also bear in mind that the Telco will be able to cite those dozens of blind studies which show that people who claim to suffer from EMS, as you do, cannot tell if the EMF they claim causes their symptoms is on or off in such trials. You may summarily reject those studies because the teams that collected them into metastudies had a member in common, but will the court? It's not like you have a single counter example to show them. Not even an informal, unwitnessed, one. All you have is a few lab studies that suggest there may be damage to tissue in petri dishes at very high levels of EMF, amongst many others which suggest there probably isn't.
__________________
"If you trust in yourself ... and believe in your dreams ... and follow your star ... you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things" - Terry Pratchett
Pixel42 is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd July 2020, 12:58 AM   #1238
Roger Ramjets
Illuminator
 
Roger Ramjets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 4,682
Originally Posted by PartSkeptic View Post
I just learned from another SA activist that WiFi readings in hospitals range from 2,000 to 11,000 uW/Sqm. Many EHS sufferers will tell you that even 1 uW/sqm is harmful.
Many 'EHS sufferers' are full of it.

Studies on EHS individuals
Quote:
A number of studies have been conducted where EHS individuals were exposed to EMF similar to those that they attributed to the cause of their symptoms. The aim was to elicit symptoms under controlled laboratory conditions.

The majority of studies indicate that EHS individuals cannot detect EMF exposure any more accurately than non-EHS individuals. Well controlled and conducted double-blind studies have shown that symptoms were not correlated with EMF exposure.

It has been suggested that symptoms experienced by some EHS individuals might arise from environmental factors unrelated to EMF. Examples may include “flicker” from fluorescent lights, glare and other visual problems with VDUs, and poor ergonomic design of computer workstations. Other factors that may play a role include poor indoor air quality or stress in the workplace or living environment.

There are also some indications that these symptoms may be due to pre-existing psychiatric conditions as well as stress reactions as a result of worrying about EMF health effects, rather than the EMF exposure itself.
__________________
We don't want good, sound arguments. We want arguments that sound good.
Roger Ramjets is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd July 2020, 12:59 AM   #1239
EvilBiker
Graduate Poster
 
EvilBiker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Berlin
Posts: 1,256
Originally Posted by PartSkeptic View Post
Is a Telco prompting you to get me to disclose?
Well, since you obviously have a blind spot re: my previous posts on this subject, I'm not going to bother repeating myself.

Anyway, why would a Telco be interested in your conspiracy theories? Do you really think they are quaking in their boots over a single apparently psychic individual with dubious symptoms who believes there is a link between 5G and COVID?

Good luck with that.
__________________
Flat Earth Theory:
The unfortunate result of ordering pizza to satisfy munchies after smoking way too much weed to bring you down from that hectic acid trip.
EvilBiker is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd July 2020, 01:20 AM   #1240
EvilBiker
Graduate Poster
 
EvilBiker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Berlin
Posts: 1,256
Originally Posted by PartSkeptic View Post
What makes you say the meter is no good. An opinion without the slightest evidence to fuel suspicion.
I've explained it before, and won't bother again. It's not worth my time. You're the one banking his whole existence on a cheap measurement device, you deal with it.

Quote:
Why does a meter have to be accurate to within 0.1%. If I time you speeding using a stop watch and two distance markers who cares that I could be 10 % off when I measure your speed to be 250 kph in a 120 kph zone?
That's a really good analogy to show your measurement flaws. In your above example you have a calibration - the distance markers.

In your case, however, you are timing without distance markers. Get the picture?

Quote:
You will not doubt avoid this question.
More fool you.

Quote:
The Telcos hired a company called Alphawave. The engineer who came to do the tests founded EMSS. It was originally part of a Telco but they formed an "independent" company.
I know Alphawave. I met Isak at MeerKAT, and I know Johann from my RF forums. So you think they are biased against you because they used to work for Telcos? I don't know if they will take kindly to slander of that sort. Care to elaborate?

Quote:
Their readings confirmed my readings. Is that good enough for you? I notice that they did not claim the radiation was "safe". They stated it was within recommended ICNIRP guidelines.
Within recommended ICNIRP guidelines is considered safe. So you are saying that because they did not say the radiation was "safe", they are implying that it's not? Guilt by omission? Jay is right on the money about you putting words into other people's mouths.

You say there readings confirmed yours, without the slightest shred of proof. I could ask Johann, though. If you could please supply a copy of your readings, and measurement techniques.

Quote:
Also note that Germany, Russia and Israel have much stricter laws to restrict EMFs, particularly in schools and hospitals.
What has this got to do with anything?

Quote:
A person who is severely EHS has retained a legal aid lawyer to sue. He has asked her to provide an "experts report". I spoke to other activists who are also in the beginning stages of legal action. They laughed. Doctors and scientists in SA are not prepared to get involved. They have tried. The only success they had was with international experts willing to commit themselves.
I posit they're not prepared to get involved with theories that are clearly not scientific.
__________________
Flat Earth Theory:
The unfortunate result of ordering pizza to satisfy munchies after smoking way too much weed to bring you down from that hectic acid trip.
EvilBiker is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Reply

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:22 AM.
Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

This forum began as part of the James Randi Education Foundation (JREF). However, the forum now exists as
an independent entity with no affiliation with or endorsement by the JREF, including the section in reference to "JREF" topics.

Disclaimer: Messages posted in the Forum are solely the opinion of their authors.