ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags !MOD BOX WARNING! , donald trump , Kim Jong-un , US-North Korea relations

Old 23rd June 2019, 03:57 PM   #2281
alfaniner
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post
I'm thinking more along the lines of a full length mirror that they can stand in front of for hours contemplating their own greatness. I'll even go the extra money and get one of those 'slimming' mirrors.
You'd need a set of three like they have in department stores, so they could admire themselves from all angles.
Old 29th June 2019, 08:30 PM   #2282
Foolmewunz
Grammar Resistance Leader
TLA Dictator

Meanwhile, on this side of the world, we await with bated breath whether Kimmie will show up or leave Donnie standing at the altar. Trump's formal schedule has him first appearing in a joint press conference with the South Korean president in about thirty minutes (13:05 So.Korea time). I suppose he might tell us then if he's off for his tryst with Dear Kim. (Even if it's going to be happening, he'll probably play it for ratings... "We'll see.')

I'd love for NoKo to troll him. When he's posing with binoculars looking over the DMZ to North Korea, have a big balloon of L'il Kim float up and blast "Bazinga!" over the loudspeakers.

It's not that liberals have become less tolerant. It's that conservatives have become more intolerable.
Foolmewunz is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th June 2019, 09:05 PM   #2283
Foolmewunz
TLA Dictator

A local report out of Japan says that Kim is probably going to attend. Donnie hasn't said anything nasty all week and seems to be in surrender mode, so Kim calculates he can get something out of making him look good.

It's not that liberals have become less tolerant. It's that conservatives have become more intolerable.
Foolmewunz is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th June 2019, 09:42 PM   #2284
Foolmewunz
TLA Dictator

Well, the Photo Op is on. Fox are wetting themselves in excitement. Rasmussen is already preparing tomorrow's poll showing him as +5% without even making a phonecall.

Old 29th June 2019, 11:52 PM   #2285
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

Oh for pity's sake, NBC interrupted SNL for a friggin' Trump photo-op. Jerks.

I'm going to bed, I'm not going to watch that crap. I hope they get a slew of complaints.
Old 30th June 2019, 04:32 AM   #2286
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Trump Tweets

Leaving South Korea after a wonderful meeting with Chairman Kim Jong Un. Stood on the soil of North Korea, an important statement for all, and a great honor!
Captain_Swoop is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th June 2019, 04:45 AM   #2287
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

Originally Posted by Captain_Swoop View Post
Trump Tweets

Leaving South Korea after a wonderful meeting with Chairman Kim Jong Un. Stood on the soil of North Korea, an important statement for all, and a great honor!
yep, an important statement:

"I will do anything for a photo-op".
Old 30th June 2019, 06:02 AM   #2288
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Skeptic Ginger View Post
Oh for pity's sake, NBC interrupted SNL for a friggin' Trump photo-op. Jerks.

I'm going to bed, I'm not going to watch that crap. I hope they get a slew of complaints.
Yes, for a "private summit" with Lunchbox. It must be like two hippos rutting in there.
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th June 2019, 06:03 AM   #2289
Safe-Keeper
Philosopher

Thumbs down

Trump Tweets

See what's possible if you just bury your nose far enough up the rectum of hostile world leaders ?
Old 30th June 2019, 06:13 AM   #2290
alfaniner
Penultimate Amazing

Seeing them both waddle to the North Korea side, I couldn't help but wonder who had the fatter ass. Geez...
Old 30th June 2019, 11:16 AM   #2291
Lurch
Muse

Trump goes running halfway around the world, while his paramour waits cat-like for his suitor to breathlessly come to him. Past Presidents and our (erstwhile) allies must be dying inside at this shameless display. Oh how far has the US fallen. Trump's just giving it away, like a love-struck virgin.
Lurch is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th June 2019, 11:35 AM   #2292
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

I really gotta hand it to Trump; he knows how to put on a show.
Old 30th June 2019, 12:06 PM   #2293
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

Trump Tweets

That is sick.
Old 30th June 2019, 03:20 PM   #2294
CapelDodger
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Trebuchet View Post
I really gotta hand it to Trump; he knows how to put on a show.
Fox knows how to put on a show. Trump is just the "talent" (which is not, in this context, as complimentary a term as one might think). All he needs to do is find his marks and stand on them so he's in frame.

On a more serious note, Kim's home audience must by now be pretty convinced that Kim (and, by extension, North Korea itself) are major players on the world stage.

God can make a cow out of a tree, but has He ever done so? Therefore show some reason why a thing is so, or cease to hold that it is so - William of Conches, c1150
CapelDodger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th June 2019, 03:34 PM   #2295
CapelDodger
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Foolmewunz View Post
A local report out of Japan says that Kim is probably going to attend. Donnie hasn't said anything nasty all week and seems to be in surrender mode, so Kim calculates he can get something out of making him look good.
Quite. Kim has nothing to lose, and can claim he gained anything he wants to.

God can make a cow out of a tree, but has He ever done so? Therefore show some reason why a thing is so, or cease to hold that it is so - William of Conches, c1150
CapelDodger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th June 2019, 03:41 PM   #2296
Minoosh
Philosopher

Originally Posted by CapelDodger View Post
On a more serious note, Kim's home audience must by now be pretty convinced that Kim (and, by extension, North Korea itself) are major players on the world stage.
Do you think they ever doubted it?

I don't think this stunt is going to help Trump but others disagree.

Meanwhile Trump's new press secretary got into a physical fight with NK security officials.
Minoosh is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th June 2019, 05:20 PM   #2297
CapelDodger
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Minoosh View Post
Do you think they ever doubted it?
I believe in doubt.

Quote:
I don't think this stunt is going to help Trump but others disagree.
Trump's base has no doubt already forgotten it happened if they registered it at all. No upside, no downside, a nothingburger.

Quote:
Meanwhile Trump's new press secretary got into a physical fight with NK security officials.
Of course to those of us outside the Trump base, yet another gift.

Old 30th June 2019, 06:02 PM   #2298
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Lurch View Post
Trump goes running halfway around the world, while his paramour waits cat-like for his suitor to breathlessly come to him. Past Presidents and our (erstwhile) allies must be dying inside at this shameless display. Oh how far has the US fallen. Trump's just giving it away, like a love-struck virgin.
Trudeau must be lamenting that fact that he lost the opportunity to score with Trump for the sake of a few un uttered compliments.
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st July 2019, 10:50 AM   #2299
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Trump Tweets

“In my opinion the President has done more good on the Korean issue in the last year and a half than President Obama did in eight years. If you look at the strides they made during the Obama years, which advocated strategic patience-they stuck their head in the sand. This is.....

.....why President Trump has to deal with North Korea the way it is now. He had to figure out what to do with the Korea mess. I think this is why the President deserves a lot of credit.” Harry Kazianis, Center for the National Interest. Thank you!
Captain_Swoop is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st July 2019, 11:19 AM   #2300
Minoosh
Philosopher

Trump Tweets

“In my opinion the President has done more good on the Korean issue in the last year and a half than President Obama did in eight years. If you look at the strides they made during the Obama years, which advocated strategic patience-they stuck their head in the sand. This is.....

.....why President Trump has to deal with North Korea the way it is now. He had to figure out what to do with the Korea mess. I think this is why the President deserves a lot of credit.” Harry Kazianis, Center for the National Interest. Thank you!
He's still trying to get that Nobel Peace Prize. Take that, Obama.
Minoosh is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st July 2019, 11:52 AM   #2301
Armitage72
Master Poster

Trump Tweets

The Center for National Interest, formerly known as The Nixon Center. Ironic.
Armitage72 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st July 2019, 12:16 PM   #2302
Safe-Keeper
Philosopher

It's a testiment to what a trumpster fire the administration is that this hardly registers.
Old 1st July 2019, 01:20 PM   #2303
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

Gag, the news media is calling this "historic" conveniently leaving out nothing happened.
Old 1st July 2019, 02:29 PM   #2304
Minoosh
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Safe-Keeper View Post
It's a testiment to what a trumpster fire the administration is that this hardly registers.
It made me wonder how this would have gone if it had been Sarah Sanders.
Old 1st July 2019, 03:53 PM   #2305
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Trump Tweets

It was great being with Chairman Kim Jong Un of North Korea this weekend. We had a great meeting, he looked really well and very healthy - I look forward to seeing him again soon....

....In the meantime, our teams will be meeting to work on some solutions to very long term and persistent problems. No rush, but I am sure we will ultimately get there!
Old 1st July 2019, 05:23 PM   #2306
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

It made me wonder how this would have gone if it had been Sarah Sanders.
Probably not as easily pushed around.
Old 1st July 2019, 05:59 PM   #2307
Minoosh
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Skeptic Ginger View Post
Probably not as easily pushed around.
She would be a formidable opponent, for sure.
Old 1st July 2019, 06:01 PM   #2308
Minoosh
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Craig4 View Post
Trudeau must be lamenting that fact that he lost the opportunity to score with Trump for the sake of a few un uttered compliments.
No, Trudeau would never have scored with Trump. He's not an authoritarian dictator.
Old 2nd July 2019, 08:43 AM   #2309
Horatius
NWO Kitty Wrangler

No, Trudeau would never have scored with Trump. He's not an authoritarian dictator.

Listening to some of our Trump-loving conservatives, they'd have you believe he's exactly that.
Old 3rd July 2019, 11:25 PM   #2310
The Don
Penultimate Amazing

Once again President Trump shows that he is the master deal maker who bestrides the world of diplomacy like a Colossus

Quote:
North Korea has accused the US of being "hell-bent on hostile acts", despite a recent agreement between the two countries to resume nuclear talks.

Pyongyang's delegation to the United Nations said on Wednesday that the US was "obsessed with sanctions".

This comes days after the countries' two leaders held a historic meeting in the heavily fortified demilitarised zone which divides the two Koreas.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-48863401

It's almost as if they know exactly how to play him - like a cheap violin.
The Don is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th July 2019, 02:00 AM   #2311
WilliamSeger
Illuminator

How Fox News Reacted to Obama’s North Korea Policies | NowThis
YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE
Old 7th July 2019, 02:24 AM   #2312
jeremyp
Muse

Originally Posted by CapelDodger View Post

He can get The President of the United States to fly half way across the globe and waddle into North Korea. I say he is a major player on the World stage.

Last edited by jeremyp; 7th July 2019 at 02:30 AM.
jeremyp is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics