ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags political predictions , political speculation , Trump administration , Trump controversies

Old 2nd July 2019, 03:39 AM   #1801
Foolmewunz
Grammar Resistance Leader
TLA Dictator

Originally Posted by Craig4 View Post
https://www.cnn.com/2019/07/01/polit...ims/index.html

Pompeo may be in danger. He's in the Bolton camp when it comes to Iran. He go upstaged by the daughter in Asia and Trump talked him up during the trip. This "scandal" of abuse of power is likely something Trump knew about for a while.
Unless he's found several cousins no one can recall him having I think one or the other is safe, for now. He can't replace both of his warhawks at once. And haven't most of the Kill Kill Kill brigade already been hired and fired? I suppose there's always hope that he'll find some Fox eye candy for one position or the other, but if he puts incompetent stooges in their positions, he's inviting an uber right militarist walk-out and maybe even a primary challenge.

It's not that liberals have become less tolerant. It's that conservatives have become more intolerable.
Foolmewunz is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd July 2019, 06:38 AM   #1802
Norman Alexander
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Foolmewunz View Post
Unless he's found several cousins no one can recall him having I think one or the other is safe, for now. He can't replace both of his warhawks at once. And haven't most of the Kill Kill Kill brigade already been hired and fired? I suppose there's always hope that he'll find some Fox eye candy for one position or the other, but if he puts incompetent stooges in their positions, he's inviting an uber right militarist walk-out and maybe even a primary challenge.
But that's what Trump does. Nobody can be smarter than Godfather Donny. Or they gets the hard goodbye, see!
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornetsí nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd July 2019, 08:30 AM   #1803
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Matthew Ellard View Post
I'm assuming John Bolton is about to be sacked. Trump sent him to Mongolia and took Ivanka instead.

Entertainingly, Khrushchev sent Molotov, as ambassador, to Mongolia to get rid of him. Perhaps the Russians made the same suggestion to Trump.
Originally Posted by Norman Alexander View Post
Slate's view of Bolton of Mongolia: It's a possible change of political tack for Trump.

Slate suggests Bolton may be on the outer because of geopolitical reasons. Given Trump's hypersensitivity to complaints, and Bolton has been a source of same, I would suggest he is seen as a dead weight for the Trump re-election campaign and that's all. Bugger the world or US affairs of state or anything as unimportant as that. Bolton makes Trump look bad. Ergo he is disposable.
I can't imagine Bolton's happy about Trump's position with North Korea, either. He's more of a "fire and fury" type of guy. And a Chicken Hawk, of course.
Old 2nd July 2019, 09:12 PM   #1804
Norman Alexander
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Trebuchet View Post
I can't imagine Bolton's happy about Trump's position with North Korea, either. He's more of a "fire and fury" type of guy. And a Chicken Hawk, of course.
Interesting that Bolton is also anti-Russian, and is convinced Russia interfered in the 2016 election. So that may be another reason Trump doesn't want him around from now on. And he is also a shytehawk.
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornetsí nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd July 2019, 10:22 PM   #1805
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Foolmewunz View Post
After his failure in Korea (which he likely views as a success) Trump may be happy with a nobody "acting" SECSTATE and let his nit who grew into a lice and her mate perform the role.
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd July 2019, 09:56 AM   #1806
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Craig4 View Post
After his failure in Korea (which he likely views as a success) Trump may be happy with a nobody "acting" SECSTATE and let his nit who grew into a lice and her mate perform the role.
Have nit (!), must pick: The singular is "louse".
Old 6th July 2019, 07:23 AM   #1807
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

I stand corrected.
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th July 2019, 09:43 PM   #1808
Foolmewunz
Grammar Resistance Leader
TLA Dictator

Overheard in a sports bar, couple of guys arguing current politics....

"Hey, one thing about Trump is that he knew how to party. A lot of what he says is just joking around. He's a fun guy."

"I don't want to be picky but it's "fungus" not "fungae"."

It's not that liberals have become less tolerant. It's that conservatives have become more intolerable.
Foolmewunz is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th July 2019, 06:44 AM   #1809
pgwenthold
Penultimate Amazing

Alex Acosta is out.
Old 12th July 2019, 06:53 AM   #1810
Doubt
Philosopher

Originally Posted by pgwenthold View Post
Alex Acosta is out.
I was thinking he had another week to go. But I guess Friday is trash day and you don't want it sitting around rotting for a week.

Detroit, Mexico, Detroit, Mexico....
Repeat for all of 2017 except when on vacation.
Doubt is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th July 2019, 06:58 AM   #1811
kookbreaker
Evil Fokker

They’re Hoping the news gets buried in the weekend cycle.

Thanks for helping me win Best Toys in Philly Voter in 2011,2012, and 2014! We won' be discussing the disappointment that was 2013.
kookbreaker is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th July 2019, 06:59 AM   #1812
d4m10n
Illuminator

Alex Acosta is out.
Huzzah! We still have shame.
d4m10n is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th July 2019, 10:36 AM   #1813
d4m10n
Illuminator

https://twitter.com/MuellerSheWrote/...27347374878720

Last edited by d4m10n; 12th July 2019 at 10:39 AM.
d4m10n is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th July 2019, 11:25 AM   #1814
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Acosta says he will not resign his office. Given the record of Trump officials who have said that, he will be gone before the Holidays, if that long.
I posted before I saw Acosta was gone. I admit I did not think it would happen THAT fast.

Robert Heinlein.

Last edited by dudalb; 12th July 2019 at 11:37 AM.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th July 2019, 11:26 AM   #1815
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Norman Alexander View Post
Interesting that Bolton is also anti-Russian, and is convinced Russia interfered in the 2016 election. So that may be another reason Trump doesn't want him around from now on. And he is also a shytehawk.
I admit I share Bolton's opinion of Russia and Putin. But, yeah, the guy is gonerallay a moron.

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th July 2019, 03:35 PM   #1816
quadraginta
Becoming Beth

Originally Posted by d4m10n View Post
Alex Acosta is out.

Huzzah! We still have shame.

I think you misspelled "expediency".

"Ninety percent of the politicians give the other ten percent a bad reputation."
quadraginta is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics