ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics
 


Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Reply
Old 2nd July 2019, 06:24 AM   #161
ChrisBFRPKY
Illuminator
 
ChrisBFRPKY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,049
Originally Posted by plague311 View Post
We also probably shouldn't forget that he was sued by the city for having racist renting policies, and had to pay fines because of it. That's pretty much as close to rock solid evidence as you can get when it boils down to it. Even he just paid the fine and didn't fight it.
Memory lane says the Trump organization was not the only landlord sued at that time. I seem to remember that all the large scale landlords in NY were sued as part of an undercover DOJ operation called "Operation Open City" in response to the Fair Housing Act of 1968.

The thing is many promoting fake news try to tie the Lefrak Organization violations with Trump's Organization, yet Trump was never in violation of the Fair Housing Act of 1968. Since Lefrak was obviously a NY large scale landlord found in violation during the DOJ operation it's been a habit of pundits to confuse/tie him to Trump.

But Trump was not found in violation. He countersued the Government (100 million) for making "irresponsible and baseless allegations" In the end the matter was settled out of court with no wrongdoing admission on Trump's part.

https://www.documentcloud.org/docume...s-damages.html


https://www.nytimes.com/times-inside...-donald-trump/

https://www.nytimes.com/1973/10/16/a...ses-major.html

Chris B.
__________________
“Racism is evil, and those who cause violence in its name are criminals and thugs, including the KKK, neo-Nazis, white supremacists, and other hate groups that are repugnant to everything we hold dear as Americans.” President Donald John Trump
ChrisBFRPKY is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd July 2019, 06:26 AM   #162
JoeMorgue
Self Employed
Remittance Man
 
JoeMorgue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Florida
Posts: 18,600
Originally Posted by ChrisBFRPKY View Post
Memory lane says the Trump organization was not the only landlord sued at that time. I seem to remember that all the large scale landlords in NY were sued as part of an undercover DOJ operation called "Operation Open City" in response to the Fair Housing Act of 1968.
Well that makes it okay then.

The "Well Trump did something wrong, but someone else did too so that... makes it not wrong" is getting more unapologetic by the day.

This level of Whataboutism has always been in political discussions, but people had to at least try and hide it behind rhetoric before.
__________________
- "Ernest Hemingway once wrote that the world is a fine place and worth fighting for. I agree with the second part." - Detective Sommerset
- "Stupidity does not cancel out stupidity to yield genius. It breeds like a bucket-full of coked out hamsters." - The Oatmeal
- "To the best of my knowledge the only thing philosophy has ever proven is that Descartes could think." - SMBC
JoeMorgue is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd July 2019, 06:29 AM   #163
ChrisBFRPKY
Illuminator
 
ChrisBFRPKY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,049
Originally Posted by Cabbage View Post
What a fascinating quote! Now, please stand up and tell the class why you chose that specific quote, made one year after the fact, instead of the comments Trump made in the immediate aftermath of that disaster.

We have some very fine people awaiting your answer!

LMFAO!!
The question was "When did Trump distance himself from the supremacists, exactly?"

I gave one example of an exact date and time.
Perhaps a bit more reading comprehension on your part next time.

Chris B.
__________________
“Racism is evil, and those who cause violence in its name are criminals and thugs, including the KKK, neo-Nazis, white supremacists, and other hate groups that are repugnant to everything we hold dear as Americans.” President Donald John Trump
ChrisBFRPKY is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd July 2019, 06:35 AM   #164
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian
 
The Great Zaganza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 8,531
Given that his primary political adviser is a White Supremacist, I don't see much actual distancing by Trump from that ideology.
__________________
Careful! That tree's bark is worse than its bite.
The Great Zaganza is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd July 2019, 06:35 AM   #165
JoeMorgue
Self Employed
Remittance Man
 
JoeMorgue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Florida
Posts: 18,600
Originally Posted by ChrisBFRPKY View Post
The question was "When did Trump distance himself from the supremacists, exactly?"

I gave one example of an exact date and time.
Perhaps a bit more reading comprehension on your part next time.

Chris B.
So Trump said 2+2=5 multiple times, you found the one time he said 2+2=4, and you think that's a "Gotcha."
__________________
- "Ernest Hemingway once wrote that the world is a fine place and worth fighting for. I agree with the second part." - Detective Sommerset
- "Stupidity does not cancel out stupidity to yield genius. It breeds like a bucket-full of coked out hamsters." - The Oatmeal
- "To the best of my knowledge the only thing philosophy has ever proven is that Descartes could think." - SMBC
JoeMorgue is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd July 2019, 06:50 AM   #166
ChrisBFRPKY
Illuminator
 
ChrisBFRPKY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,049
Originally Posted by varwoche View Post
It's obviously an opinion, by definition. An opinion supported by a myriad of facts. There's not a scientific process to discern racism, obviously.

He denied knowledge of David Duke. Why? He denied knowledge of the KKK. Why? He promulgated information sourced from neo nazis. Why? Said information even included false, racist data which he never retracted. Why?

The Charlottesville rally wasn't organized by historical preservation interests. It was an actual neo nazi event, unabashedly organized by actually neo nazis. "Jews will not replace us." There were not good people on both sides.

There's a lot more but let's agree on this much first.
Opinions based on lies lack character.

When and where? Can you give me some facts and context to go on? Who said what etc? Under what conditions?

There were also southern people there protesting the removal of a Confederate statue. There are many that believe you cannot change history by deleting it from memory. These are not "White Supremies" These are normal people that don't want Confederate heritage erased for the sake of political correctness. Now I realize many will try to paint those folks as "White supremies" but they're not now and they weren't then and that's a fact. Those people wanted nothing to do with skinheads or neo-nazi nutcases. Your attempt to tie them together is distasteful at the least.

Chris B.
__________________
“Racism is evil, and those who cause violence in its name are criminals and thugs, including the KKK, neo-Nazis, white supremacists, and other hate groups that are repugnant to everything we hold dear as Americans.” President Donald John Trump
ChrisBFRPKY is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd July 2019, 06:51 AM   #167
ChrisBFRPKY
Illuminator
 
ChrisBFRPKY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,049
Originally Posted by JoeMorgue View Post
So Trump said 2+2=5 multiple times, you found the one time he said 2+2=4, and you think that's a "Gotcha."
If you consider the facts a "Gotcha" then I suppose so. I consider the facts as facts and nothing more.

Chris B.
__________________
“Racism is evil, and those who cause violence in its name are criminals and thugs, including the KKK, neo-Nazis, white supremacists, and other hate groups that are repugnant to everything we hold dear as Americans.” President Donald John Trump
ChrisBFRPKY is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd July 2019, 06:52 AM   #168
JoeMorgue
Self Employed
Remittance Man
 
JoeMorgue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Florida
Posts: 18,600
Originally Posted by ChrisBFRPKY View Post
If you consider the facts a "Gotcha" then I suppose so. I consider the facts as facts and nothing more.

Chris B.
Okay. The facts are Trump has supported and defending white supremacist multiple times.
__________________
- "Ernest Hemingway once wrote that the world is a fine place and worth fighting for. I agree with the second part." - Detective Sommerset
- "Stupidity does not cancel out stupidity to yield genius. It breeds like a bucket-full of coked out hamsters." - The Oatmeal
- "To the best of my knowledge the only thing philosophy has ever proven is that Descartes could think." - SMBC
JoeMorgue is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd July 2019, 06:53 AM   #169
ChrisBFRPKY
Illuminator
 
ChrisBFRPKY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,049
Originally Posted by JoeMorgue View Post
Well that makes it okay then.

The "Well Trump did something wrong, but someone else did too so that... makes it not wrong" is getting more unapologetic by the day.

This level of Whataboutism has always been in political discussions, but people had to at least try and hide it behind rhetoric before.
I think you're mistaken about my post. I said Trump did nothing wrong yet there are those that try to tie him to those that did.

Chris B.
__________________
“Racism is evil, and those who cause violence in its name are criminals and thugs, including the KKK, neo-Nazis, white supremacists, and other hate groups that are repugnant to everything we hold dear as Americans.” President Donald John Trump
ChrisBFRPKY is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd July 2019, 06:57 AM   #170
ChrisBFRPKY
Illuminator
 
ChrisBFRPKY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,049
Originally Posted by JoeMorgue View Post
Okay. The facts are Trump has supported and defending white supremacist multiple times.
Example please? Link?

Chris B.
__________________
“Racism is evil, and those who cause violence in its name are criminals and thugs, including the KKK, neo-Nazis, white supremacists, and other hate groups that are repugnant to everything we hold dear as Americans.” President Donald John Trump
ChrisBFRPKY is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd July 2019, 07:44 AM   #171
plague311
Great minds think...
 
plague311's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: North Dakota
Posts: 5,310
Originally Posted by ChrisBFRPKY View Post
Memory lane says the Trump organization was not the only landlord sued at that time. I seem to remember that all the large scale landlords in NY were sued as part of an undercover DOJ operation called "Operation Open City" in response to the Fair Housing Act of 1968.

The thing is many promoting fake news try to tie the Lefrak Organization violations with Trump's Organization, yet Trump was never in violation of the Fair Housing Act of 1968. Since Lefrak was obviously a NY large scale landlord found in violation during the DOJ operation it's been a habit of pundits to confuse/tie him to Trump.

But Trump was not found in violation. He countersued the Government (100 million) for making "irresponsible and baseless allegations" In the end the matter was settled out of court with no wrongdoing admission on Trump's part.

https://www.documentcloud.org/docume...s-damages.html


https://www.nytimes.com/times-inside...-donald-trump/

https://www.nytimes.com/1973/10/16/a...ses-major.html

Chris B.
None of those articles support your overall position. Yes, Trump sued on the basis that he shouldn't have to rent to the poors because they'll **** up his building's overall worth.

Other than that, he still came to an agreement because of his renting practices. You're right that he didn't have to admit guilt, but we don't know the actual results of the case. They details aren't released.

Just like all of you Trumpers, you're just taking his word for it. That's all those articles are is him saying that he didn't have to plead guilty, instead he just agreed to provide a ton of documentation for years on end. Yeah, totally innocent, amiright? I have a bridge to sell you, bud.
__________________
"Circumcision and death threats go together like milk and cookies." - William Parcher

“There are times when the mind is dealt such a blow it hides itself in insanity. While this may not seem beneficial, it is. There are times when reality is nothing but pain, and to escape that pain the mind must leave reality behind.” - Patrick Rothfuss
plague311 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd July 2019, 09:07 AM   #172
wareyin
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 6,962
Originally Posted by ChrisBFRPKY View Post
But Trump was not found in violation. He countersued the Government (100 million) for making "irresponsible and baseless allegations" In the end the matter was settled out of court with no wrongdoing admission on Trump's part.
Yeah, nothing says innocent of all charges like dropping your countersuit and agreeing to pay large sums of money instead. advertise to and not discriminate against black people in the future.

Last edited by wareyin; 2nd July 2019 at 09:13 AM. Reason: I was in error on what this settlement entailed
wareyin is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd July 2019, 09:23 AM   #173
isissxn
Rough Around the Edges
 
isissxn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Deep Storage
Posts: 5,897
Originally Posted by ChrisBFRPKY View Post
My post was in direct response to your quoted post above. Who you are or who I am is and was not a factor and I'll go a bit further. If your fears are based on lies you have nobody to blame but yourself.

Despite what you may read in the fake news category, the Country is doing well and Trump is not a racist nor is he steering the Country toward disaster.

The facts are, if one bothers to look for them as a true skeptic should, unemployment has never been lower, the stock market is at all time record highs, we are finally energy independent, we have received a Reagan era like tax cut that puts more money in every American's pocket, our relationship with Israel has never been stronger, and my all time favorite: after officially ending hostilities with North Korea, we may actually have a relationship that will denuclearize the Korean peninsula.

Of course one is free to absorb fake news and run about crying "the sky is falling!" but it's not true and even those that portray it this way really do know better. Desperation is a funny thing, and many if not most Democrats and pundits are desperate at this point as they have nothing to run on.

Chris B.
Yes, but you rudely attacked me and accused me of lying, when in reality, I was stating my fears based on what I believed to be true. Since you haven't interacted with me previously, I believe you had absolutely no justification for jumping to such nastiness and accusing me of lies. When you corrected me, I accepted the correction. Why didn't you try that first?

I don't know what makes you people in this section think that everyone else is as up-to-date on every tiny news detail as you are. I'm currently juggling a full-time job, a part-time job, and 12-credit semesters at college. I miss things. If I make a mistake of fact, that is why. Not because I'm trying to be dishonest.

You also made an assumption about my politics. People do that on here all the time, and I really don't like it. This would have been a perfect opportunity for you to ease some of my "sky is falling" fears (which is why I post them in the first place, that and venting) and debunk whatever fake news you think I'm responding to. I'm still not clear on what that is, by the way, because I find it difficult to parse posts that are dripping with sarcasm and insults. Genuinely. It's like the words get scrambled up. But instead, you mocked me. You're still mocking me.

Look at how you're treating people, just because they don't like your guy.

EDIT: Also, the things you listed as positives don't really matter to me as much. They're great things if the social order is stable, but if it isn't, they won't save us. A good relationship with Israel is not going to help us if terrorists hack medical databases and kill women who have had abortions. It's not going to help us if deepfake propaganda and/or porn becomes ubiquitous. It's not going to stop domestic terrorists of any stripe, nor their radicalization. In fact, it will probably piss off the anti-semitic variety. Same goes for the bloody stock market. It's hilarious to me that you're assuming I know nothing about the stock market.

Basically, I know all that stuff you listed as positive. I just don't see how it will help if we turn into Gilead. I'm on a whole 'nother level here, bro. I'm paranoid and scared as hell. Please don't yell at me. I'm not your enemy.

Something really bad is coming.

Last edited by isissxn; 2nd July 2019 at 09:44 AM. Reason: Removed statement that sounded more dramatic than I meant it to sound.
isissxn is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd July 2019, 10:05 AM   #174
Venom
Master Poster
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: United States
Posts: 2,500
Originally Posted by ChrisBFRPKY View Post
The facts are, if one bothers to look for them as a true skeptic should, unemployment has never been lower, the stock market is at all time record highs, we are finally energy independent, we have received a Reagan era like tax cut that puts more money in every American's pocket, our relationship with Israel has never been stronger, and my all time favorite: after officially ending hostilities with North Korea, we may actually have a relationship that will denuclearize the Korean peninsula.
Unemployment has been steadily falling since late 2010. If you want to give Trump credit for that, I guess that whole Birther nonsense he pushed back in the day motivated Obama to create more jobs.

But you have a habit of seeing things that aren't there, so unsurprising.

He's still a racist, still clueless about global warming and openly denied it for years, strained our relationship with European allies, doesn't understand how government works, and still puts big money in corporate pockets.
Venom is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd July 2019, 12:24 PM   #175
Cabbage
Graduate Poster
 
Cabbage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 1,235
Originally Posted by ChrisBFRPKY View Post
The question was "When did Trump distance himself from the supremacists, exactly?"

I gave one example of an exact date and time.
Perhaps a bit more reading comprehension on your part next time.

Chris B.
....and we should all give him a pat on the back because it only took him a year?! GTF outta here with that rubbish. And unlike you, my sense of timing as well as my reading comprehension are just fine.....just like my sense of BS, which is pinging as we speak. LOL!
Cabbage is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd July 2019, 07:20 PM   #176
thaiboxerken
Penultimate Amazing
 
thaiboxerken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Posts: 30,091
Trump distanced himself from white supremacy after over a year of shaming about it. It falls flat, but not just because he needed to be shamed into it, but because his administration is taking active measures to defund anything that fights white supremacist extremism.
__________________
All national institutions of churches, whether Jewish, Christian or Turkish, appear to me no other than human inventions, set up to terrify and enslave mankind, and monopolize power & profit - Thomas Paine
thaiboxerken is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd July 2019, 05:08 AM   #177
varwoche
Penultimate Amazing
 
varwoche's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Puget Sound
Posts: 12,856
Originally Posted by ChrisBFRPKY View Post
Opinions based on lies lack character.
Indeed. Which makes it incredibly hypocritical that you completely ignored the undisputed facts I presented.

Quote:
When and where? Can you give me some facts and context to go on? Who said what etc? Under what conditions?
Transparent arm waving. I already presented facts which you completely ignored.

Quote:
There were also southern people there protesting the removal of a Confederate statue.
Those people, if they exist, attended a neo nazi rally unabashedly organized by neo nazis, and unabashedly attended by neo nazis. Hello Aunt Betty from the preservation society, here's your tiki torch! Enjoy the festivities and remember -- they will not replace us! Nope, no sale.
__________________
To survive election season on a skeptics forum, one must understand Hymie-the-Robot.

Last edited by varwoche; 3rd July 2019 at 05:11 AM.
varwoche is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd July 2019, 06:29 AM   #178
ChrisBFRPKY
Illuminator
 
ChrisBFRPKY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,049
Originally Posted by Venom View Post
Unemployment has been steadily falling since late 2010. If you want to give Trump credit for that, I guess that whole Birther nonsense he pushed back in the day motivated Obama to create more jobs.

But you have a habit of seeing things that aren't there, so unsurprising.

He's still a racist, still clueless about global warming and openly denied it for years, strained our relationship with European allies, doesn't understand how government works, and still puts big money in corporate pockets.
Wonderful of you to admit all the economy needed was to get Obama out of office....

I see facts.

Nope, he's not a racist. As far as global warming, I remember during the early 70's the talk was that all the US coastal cities would be under water due to sea level rise by the year 2000. They weren't and aren't and here it is 2019 half gone. The tax cuts put more money in MY pocket. And if you are an American it put more money in YOUR pocket too. Obama took money from my pocket and likewise yours too if applicable citizenship.

And if we're gonna talk about Trump let's not forget he also has the "Magic wand" Obama said would be needed to bring back manufacturing jobs. Of course I expect Obama is responsible for those too huh...... Those regulations Obama placed on big business are surely the cause for the current state of the economy and coal industry. Hilarious!

Chris B.
__________________
“Racism is evil, and those who cause violence in its name are criminals and thugs, including the KKK, neo-Nazis, white supremacists, and other hate groups that are repugnant to everything we hold dear as Americans.” President Donald John Trump
ChrisBFRPKY is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd July 2019, 06:30 AM   #179
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing
 
Craig4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Alexandria, VA Home to the Deep State.
Posts: 18,329
Originally Posted by ChrisBFRPKY View Post
Example please? Link?

Chris B.
"Very fine people".
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd July 2019, 06:37 AM   #180
ChrisBFRPKY
Illuminator
 
ChrisBFRPKY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,049
Originally Posted by Cabbage View Post
....and we should all give him a pat on the back because it only took him a year?! GTF outta here with that rubbish. And unlike you, my sense of timing as well as my reading comprehension are just fine.....just like my sense of BS, which is pinging as we speak. LOL!
Were you looking for something earlier? The example I gave was just an answer to a request for one example of "exactly when", it was not in answer to a request for the "earliest example".

Though here's an earlier example from CNN of Trump distancing himself from the Alt right:

https://www.cnn.com/2016/11/22/polit...mes/index.html

Next.

Chris B.
__________________
“Racism is evil, and those who cause violence in its name are criminals and thugs, including the KKK, neo-Nazis, white supremacists, and other hate groups that are repugnant to everything we hold dear as Americans.” President Donald John Trump
ChrisBFRPKY is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd July 2019, 06:38 AM   #181
ChrisBFRPKY
Illuminator
 
ChrisBFRPKY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,049
Originally Posted by Craig4 View Post
"Very fine people".
Already covered.

Chris B.
__________________
“Racism is evil, and those who cause violence in its name are criminals and thugs, including the KKK, neo-Nazis, white supremacists, and other hate groups that are repugnant to everything we hold dear as Americans.” President Donald John Trump
ChrisBFRPKY is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd July 2019, 06:45 AM   #182
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing
 
Craig4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Alexandria, VA Home to the Deep State.
Posts: 18,329
Originally Posted by ChrisBFRPKY View Post
Already covered.

Chris B.
Yeah, you're wrong. You support someone who calls Nazis very fine people.
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd July 2019, 06:46 AM   #183
ChrisBFRPKY
Illuminator
 
ChrisBFRPKY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,049
Originally Posted by Norman Alexander View Post
Trump never wrote the second quote. He has no idea what the word "repugnant" means and would be unable to use it properly in a sentence. Probably thinks it's about small flat-faced dogs.

That comment is White House PR, aka propaganda, written by someone else and designed solely to suck in the "faithful" Trumpistas after the Nazi who drove the car was arrested and charged and went to trial (he just got a life sentence). And you fell for it all. You got owned.

Yep, this is what "owning the Libs" looks like.
From the article:

"But like many fake news narratives, repetition has helped cement this one into a reasonably plausible storyline for all but the most skeptical consumers of news. In fact, over the weekend, Fox News host Chris Wallace pressed White House Chief of Staff Mick Mulvaney on why Trump has not given a speech “condemning … white supremacist bigotry.” Well, Chris, he has, and more than once. The most powerful version was from the White House following Charlottesville and the heartbreaking death of Heather Heyer. President Trump’s succinct and direct words:

“Racism is evil, and those who cause violence in its name are criminals and thugs, including the KKK, neo-Nazis, white supremacists, and other hate groups that are repugnant to everything we hold dear as Americans.”

Despite the clear evidence of Trump’s statements regarding Charlottesville, major media figures insist on spreading the calumny that Trump called neo-Nazis “fine people.” The only explanation for such a repeated falsehood is abject laziness or willful deception. Either way, the duplicity on this topic perhaps encapsulates the depressingly low trust most Americans place in major media, with 77 percent stating in a Monmouth University 2018 poll that traditional TV and newspapers report fake news. In addition, such lies as the Charlottesville Hoax needlessly further divide our already-polarized society. "


FACT FACT FACT FACT FACT FACT. To argue otherwise is foolish and dishonest, the FACTS are a matter of record. Dishonesty in the media helps them obtain viewers and ratings which equals more money in their pockets. I can see their motivation for misleading people with a false narrative, what's yours?

Chris B.
__________________
“Racism is evil, and those who cause violence in its name are criminals and thugs, including the KKK, neo-Nazis, white supremacists, and other hate groups that are repugnant to everything we hold dear as Americans.” President Donald John Trump
ChrisBFRPKY is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd July 2019, 06:47 AM   #184
ChrisBFRPKY
Illuminator
 
ChrisBFRPKY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,049
Originally Posted by Craig4 View Post
Yeah, you're wrong. You support someone who calls Nazis very fine people.
Originally Posted by ChrisBFRPKY View Post
From the article:

"But like many fake news narratives, repetition has helped cement this one into a reasonably plausible storyline for all but the most skeptical consumers of news. In fact, over the weekend, Fox News host Chris Wallace pressed White House Chief of Staff Mick Mulvaney on why Trump has not given a speech “condemning … white supremacist bigotry.” Well, Chris, he has, and more than once. The most powerful version was from the White House following Charlottesville and the heartbreaking death of Heather Heyer. President Trump’s succinct and direct words:

“Racism is evil, and those who cause violence in its name are criminals and thugs, including the KKK, neo-Nazis, white supremacists, and other hate groups that are repugnant to everything we hold dear as Americans.”

Despite the clear evidence of Trump’s statements regarding Charlottesville, major media figures insist on spreading the calumny that Trump called neo-Nazis “fine people.” The only explanation for such a repeated falsehood is abject laziness or willful deception. Either way, the duplicity on this topic perhaps encapsulates the depressingly low trust most Americans place in major media, with 77 percent stating in a Monmouth University 2018 poll that traditional TV and newspapers report fake news. In addition, such lies as the Charlottesville Hoax needlessly further divide our already-polarized society. "


FACT FACT FACT FACT FACT FACT. To argue otherwise is foolish and dishonest, the FACTS are a matter of record. Dishonesty in the media helps them obtain viewers and ratings which equals more money in their pockets. I can see their motivation for misleading people with a false narrative, what's yours?

Chris B.
Ditto
__________________
“Racism is evil, and those who cause violence in its name are criminals and thugs, including the KKK, neo-Nazis, white supremacists, and other hate groups that are repugnant to everything we hold dear as Americans.” President Donald John Trump
ChrisBFRPKY is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd July 2019, 06:50 AM   #185
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing
 
Craig4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Alexandria, VA Home to the Deep State.
Posts: 18,329
Originally Posted by ChrisBFRPKY View Post
Ditto
And when he was off the cuff, he called Nazis very fine people.
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd July 2019, 06:53 AM   #186
ChrisBFRPKY
Illuminator
 
ChrisBFRPKY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,049
Originally Posted by varwoche View Post
Indeed. Which makes it incredibly hypocritical that you completely ignored the undisputed facts I presented.

Transparent arm waving. I already presented facts which you completely ignored.

Those people, if they exist, attended a neo nazi rally unabashedly organized by neo nazis, and unabashedly attended by neo nazis. Hello Aunt Betty from the preservation society, here's your tiki torch! Enjoy the festivities and remember -- they will not replace us! Nope, no sale.
I read what you said but not everything "said" is a fact. I'm looking for specific examples with links in which you claim Trump has tied himself in support of racism or the alt right. We'll go thru them one by one to see the facts of each if you're willing. Perhaps we can learn something about facts and fiction......

Chris B.
__________________
“Racism is evil, and those who cause violence in its name are criminals and thugs, including the KKK, neo-Nazis, white supremacists, and other hate groups that are repugnant to everything we hold dear as Americans.” President Donald John Trump
ChrisBFRPKY is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd July 2019, 06:56 AM   #187
ChrisBFRPKY
Illuminator
 
ChrisBFRPKY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,049
Originally Posted by Craig4 View Post
And when he was off the cuff, he called Nazis very fine people.
It never happened.
Why would some keep repeating a false narrative proven false by the facts?
Trolling?

Chris B.
__________________
“Racism is evil, and those who cause violence in its name are criminals and thugs, including the KKK, neo-Nazis, white supremacists, and other hate groups that are repugnant to everything we hold dear as Americans.” President Donald John Trump

Last edited by ChrisBFRPKY; 3rd July 2019 at 06:57 AM. Reason: added info
ChrisBFRPKY is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd July 2019, 06:56 AM   #188
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing
 
Craig4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Alexandria, VA Home to the Deep State.
Posts: 18,329
Okay, so we've established that Trump called Nazis very fine people.
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd July 2019, 06:58 AM   #189
JoeMorgue
Self Employed
Remittance Man
 
JoeMorgue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Florida
Posts: 18,600
It's Trump. His supporters treat him like the Bible. Everything he says they agree with is unquestionable, everything batcrap crazy thing he says "has to be interpreted."
__________________
- "Ernest Hemingway once wrote that the world is a fine place and worth fighting for. I agree with the second part." - Detective Sommerset
- "Stupidity does not cancel out stupidity to yield genius. It breeds like a bucket-full of coked out hamsters." - The Oatmeal
- "To the best of my knowledge the only thing philosophy has ever proven is that Descartes could think." - SMBC
JoeMorgue is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd July 2019, 07:01 AM   #190
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing
 
Craig4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Alexandria, VA Home to the Deep State.
Posts: 18,329
Even if it weren't true, the quote is too good not to use. You've got the "Blood and Soil" video you can dissolve to the very fine people quote. It's a powerful message.
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd July 2019, 07:03 AM   #191
ponderingturtle
Orthogonal Vector
 
ponderingturtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 46,736
Originally Posted by Craig4 View Post
Okay, so we've established that Trump called Nazis very fine people.
He also likes @whitegenocideTM see

https://www.cnn.com/2016/01/22/polit...ide/index.html
__________________
Sufficiently advanced Woo is indistinguishable from Parody
"There shall be no *poofing* in science" Paul C. Anagnostopoulos
Force ***** on reasons back" Ben Franklin
ponderingturtle is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd July 2019, 07:04 AM   #192
ChrisBFRPKY
Illuminator
 
ChrisBFRPKY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,049
Originally Posted by Craig4 View Post
Okay, so we've established that Trump called Nazis very fine people.
You've established ignoring facts on record to promote a false narrative.

Chris B.
__________________
“Racism is evil, and those who cause violence in its name are criminals and thugs, including the KKK, neo-Nazis, white supremacists, and other hate groups that are repugnant to everything we hold dear as Americans.” President Donald John Trump
ChrisBFRPKY is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd July 2019, 07:07 AM   #193
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing
 
Craig4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Alexandria, VA Home to the Deep State.
Posts: 18,329
Originally Posted by ChrisBFRPKY View Post
You've established ignoring facts on record to promote a false narrative.

Chris B.
Why do you care? It's just Trump. It would be unpatriotic to have the means to politically damage Trump and not use them.
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd July 2019, 07:09 AM   #194
ChrisBFRPKY
Illuminator
 
ChrisBFRPKY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,049
Originally Posted by Craig4 View Post
Why do you care? It's just Trump. It would be unpatriotic to have the means to politically damage Trump and not use them.
If one has to lie to present a better case for their philosophy, I question that.

Chris B.
__________________
“Racism is evil, and those who cause violence in its name are criminals and thugs, including the KKK, neo-Nazis, white supremacists, and other hate groups that are repugnant to everything we hold dear as Americans.” President Donald John Trump
ChrisBFRPKY is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd July 2019, 07:13 AM   #195
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing
 
Craig4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Alexandria, VA Home to the Deep State.
Posts: 18,329
Originally Posted by ChrisBFRPKY View Post
If one has to lie to present a better case for their philosophy, I question that.

Chris B.
I thought you understood that you were in the politics section.
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd July 2019, 07:57 AM   #196
Porpoise of Life
Illuminator
 
Porpoise of Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 4,793
Originally Posted by ChrisBFRPKY View Post

Of course one is free to absorb fake news and run about crying "the sky is falling!" but it's not true and even those that portray it this way really do know better. Desperation is a funny thing, and many if not most Democrats and pundits are desperate at this point as they have nothing to run on.

Chris B.
You realize this thread is literally called "A lone conservative among liberals is like a wounded animal among piranas", and started with scaremongering about how everyone to OP's left is a ravenous beast ready to pounce on innocent Trumpists, right?
Kind of a pot/kettle situation...
Porpoise of Life is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd July 2019, 11:17 AM   #197
ChrisBFRPKY
Illuminator
 
ChrisBFRPKY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,049
Originally Posted by Craig4 View Post
I thought you understood that you were in the politics section.
I also understand there is a difference between attacking someone's character and attacking their political views of a given subject.

One can't be taken as credible if they are willing to further misinformation and outright lies. I do find that most in the forum rarely attack policy, they stick to character attacks. Perhaps it's due to the current state of the economy and not being able to admit that whatever Trump is doing it's working.

Chris B.
__________________
“Racism is evil, and those who cause violence in its name are criminals and thugs, including the KKK, neo-Nazis, white supremacists, and other hate groups that are repugnant to everything we hold dear as Americans.” President Donald John Trump
ChrisBFRPKY is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd July 2019, 11:18 AM   #198
ChrisBFRPKY
Illuminator
 
ChrisBFRPKY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,049
Originally Posted by Porpoise of Life View Post
You realize this thread is literally called "A lone conservative among liberals is like a wounded animal among piranas", and started with scaremongering about how everyone to OP's left is a ravenous beast ready to pounce on innocent Trumpists, right?
Kind of a pot/kettle situation...
I think the recent attack on a Conservative journalist brings the OP home.

Chris B.
__________________
“Racism is evil, and those who cause violence in its name are criminals and thugs, including the KKK, neo-Nazis, white supremacists, and other hate groups that are repugnant to everything we hold dear as Americans.” President Donald John Trump
ChrisBFRPKY is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd July 2019, 11:24 AM   #199
Mycroft
High Priest of Ed
 
Mycroft's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 19,554
Originally Posted by varwoche View Post
Trump and Trump cultists play the victim card like there's no tomorrow. The ultimate precious snowflakes. Facts be damned.
crybully (plural crybullies) (derogatory) A person who engages in intimidation, harassment, or other abusive behavior while claiming to be a victim.
Mycroft is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd July 2019, 01:30 PM   #200
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing
 
Trebuchet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: The Great Northwet
Posts: 21,869
Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post
crybully (plural crybullies) (derogatory) A person who engages in intimidation, harassment, or other abusive behavior while claiming to be a victim.
I don't know if that's original, but nommed anyhow!
__________________
Cum catapultae proscribeantur tum soli proscripti catapultas habeant.
Trebuchet is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Reply

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:01 AM.
Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

This forum began as part of the James Randi Education Foundation (JREF). However, the forum now exists as
an independent entity with no affiliation with or endorsement by the JREF, including the section in reference to "JREF" topics.

Disclaimer: Messages posted in the Forum are solely the opinion of their authors.