ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics
 


Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Reply
Old 3rd July 2019, 01:53 PM   #201
Cabbage
Graduate Poster
 
Cabbage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 1,235
Originally Posted by ChrisBFRPKY View Post
Were you looking for something earlier? The example I gave was just an answer to a request for one example of "exactly when", it was not in answer to a request for the "earliest example".

Though here's an earlier example from CNN of Trump distancing himself from the Alt right:

https://www.cnn.com/2016/11/22/polit...mes/index.html

Next.

Chris B.
Yes, as a matter of fact I was looking for something earlier. Like a day or so after the tragedy. All I got was some equivocation about there being "very fine people on both sides".

What you persist in missing is that Trump's the type of guy that will say anything to deflect or focus attention to whatever topic will ultimately be most gratifying to him in the present and immediate future. If he thinks the backlash against his racist comments is about to rage out of hand, he will make the perfunctory "denouncing racism" statements you are so fond of posting exclusively. However, when he's a afraid of losing a chunk of the alt-right portion of his base, he'll come out with some BS like calling neo-Nazis "very fine people".

Now you my friend, are evidently OK with a president who only occasionally denounces racism but placating those same racists with his words and actions at other times.

The rest of us prefer a president with a more consistent record of supporting human rights.

Now, see how that works?
Cabbage is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd July 2019, 01:56 PM   #202
Cabbage
Graduate Poster
 
Cabbage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 1,235
Originally Posted by ChrisBFRPKY View Post

FACT FACT FACT FACT FACT FACT. To argue otherwise is foolish and dishonest, the FACTS are a matter of record. Dishonesty in the media helps them obtain viewers and ratings which equals more money in their pockets. I can see their motivation for misleading people with a false narrative, what's yours?

Chris B.

Said the person cherry picking his quotes to the rest of us quoting and pointing the racist things Trump says and does

You should try looking at ALL the facts, bro.
Cabbage is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd July 2019, 01:58 PM   #203
Cabbage
Graduate Poster
 
Cabbage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 1,235
Originally Posted by ChrisBFRPKY View Post
I read what you said but not everything "said" is a fact. I'm looking for specific examples with links in which you claim Trump has tied himself in support of racism or the alt right. We'll go thru them one by one to see the facts of each if you're willing. Perhaps we can learn something about facts and fiction......

Chris B.
...especially when it's Trump saying "anti-racist" things. LOL!
Cabbage is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd July 2019, 03:22 PM   #204
Safe-Keeper
Philosopher
 
Safe-Keeper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 8,450
Originally Posted by ChrisBFRPKY View Post
I think the recent attack on a Conservative journalist brings the OP home.

Chris B.
Yeah, nothing like anecdotes and isolated incidents to paint a group as hostile and dangerous .

Say, I heard of this guy named Chris who did a bad murder recently. Not saying all people named Chris are bad, mind, or that you're in danger when you're near a Chris, just that...
__________________
In choosing to support humanitarian organizations, it's best to choose those that do not have "militant wings" (Mycroft, 2013)
Safe-Keeper is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd July 2019, 03:24 PM   #205
Safe-Keeper
Philosopher
 
Safe-Keeper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 8,450
Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post
crybully (plural crybullies) (derogatory) A person who engages in intimidation, harassment, or other abusive behavior while claiming to be a victim.
I might steal this. Applies so well to so many alternative practicioners, too. You know, the ones who whine about bullying and ridicule whenever someone criticizes them, but won't hesitate to say the vilest things about doctors, other health professionals, scientists, or whoever disagrees with them.
__________________
In choosing to support humanitarian organizations, it's best to choose those that do not have "militant wings" (Mycroft, 2013)
Safe-Keeper is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd July 2019, 04:35 PM   #206
ChrisBFRPKY
Illuminator
 
ChrisBFRPKY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,049
Originally Posted by Safe-Keeper View Post
Yeah, nothing like anecdotes and isolated incidents to paint a group as hostile and dangerous .

Say, I heard of this guy named Chris who did a bad murder recently. Not saying all people named Chris are bad, mind, or that you're in danger when you're near a Chris, just that...
Well, if you started to notice a growing number of murders committed by people named "Chris", sooner or later you may begin to wonder if there's a connection if it's starting to seem more likely than not. As far as Conservatives being attacked by far lefties, we're at that latter point.

Chris B.
__________________
“Racism is evil, and those who cause violence in its name are criminals and thugs, including the KKK, neo-Nazis, white supremacists, and other hate groups that are repugnant to everything we hold dear as Americans.” President Donald John Trump
ChrisBFRPKY is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd July 2019, 05:32 PM   #207
I Am The Scum
Illuminator
 
I Am The Scum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 3,926
Originally Posted by ChrisBFRPKY View Post
I think the recent attack on a Conservative journalist brings the OP home.

Chris B.
Republican Greg Gianforte attacked a reporter and was subsequently elected to congress. He even received praise from Donald Trump for this assault.

I suggest you bow out of this competition. You can't win.
I Am The Scum is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd July 2019, 11:23 PM   #208
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing
 
Craig4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Alexandria, VA Home to the Deep State.
Posts: 18,330
Originally Posted by ChrisBFRPKY View Post
I also understand there is a difference between attacking someone's character and attacking their political views of a given subject.

One can't be taken as credible if they are willing to further misinformation and outright lies. I do find that most in the forum rarely attack policy, they stick to character attacks. Perhaps it's due to the current state of the economy and not being able to admit that whatever Trump is doing it's working.

Chris B.
If it hurts Trump it's fine. No other consideration need be made than "does the blow land". Trump isn't good enough of considerations of fairness, honor or decency". If the stupid bitch or his henchmen don't like how his words are used against him, he should keep his mouth shut.
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd July 2019, 11:37 PM   #209
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian
 
The Great Zaganza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 8,534
I'm sorry - I might have missed it.


When did Trump distance himself from Stephen Miller, his primary political adviser, exactly?

Because that is one degree of separation between Trump and a White Supremacist.
__________________
Careful! That tree's bark is worse than its bite.
The Great Zaganza is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th July 2019, 06:59 AM   #210
ChrisBFRPKY
Illuminator
 
ChrisBFRPKY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,049
Originally Posted by I Am The Scum View Post
Republican Greg Gianforte attacked a reporter and was subsequently elected to congress. He even received praise from Donald Trump for this assault.

I suggest you bow out of this competition. You can't win.
I don't think the OP was trying to make a case that Conservatives have never attacked Liberals. It was more of a "more likely than not" observation for the Conservative to be on the receiving end of an attack.

Do yourself a favor and do a google search of "Conservative attacked" then do another with "Liberal attacked" and let me know whether you still want to make it a competition after viewing the facts.......

Chris B.
__________________
“Racism is evil, and those who cause violence in its name are criminals and thugs, including the KKK, neo-Nazis, white supremacists, and other hate groups that are repugnant to everything we hold dear as Americans.” President Donald John Trump
ChrisBFRPKY is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th July 2019, 07:03 AM   #211
Cainkane1
Philosopher
 
Cainkane1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: The great American southeast
Posts: 8,611
Originally Posted by ChrisBFRPKY View Post
I don't think the OP was trying to make a case that Conservatives have never attacked Liberals. It was more of a "more likely than not" observation for the Conservative to be on the receiving end of an attack.

Do yourself a favor and do a google search of "Conservative attacked" then do another with "Liberal attacked" and let me know whether you still want to make it a competition after viewing the facts.......

Chris B.
Antifa which is an extreme left-wing violent organization beats people down even if they are old or have a visible handicap. In Oregon, an old white-haired out of shape man was beaten bloody.
__________________
If at first you don't succeed try try again. Then if you fail to succeed to Hell with that. Try something else.
Cainkane1 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th July 2019, 07:04 AM   #212
uke2se
Penultimate Amazing
 
uke2se's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 12,930
Originally Posted by Cainkane1 View Post
Antifa which is an extreme left-wing violent organization beats people down even if they are old or have a visible handicap. In Oregon, an old white-haired out of shape man was beaten bloody.
That's a lie.
__________________
Before you say something stupid about climate change, check this list.

"If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. " Karl Popper, The Open Society and Its Enemies Vol. 1
uke2se is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th July 2019, 07:07 AM   #213
ChrisBFRPKY
Illuminator
 
ChrisBFRPKY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,049
Originally Posted by The Great Zaganza View Post
I'm sorry - I might have missed it.


When did Trump distance himself from Stephen Miller, his primary political adviser, exactly?

Because that is one degree of separation between Trump and a White Supremacist.
You mean the Stephen Miller that was born on August 23, 1985, the second of three children in the Jewish family of Michael D. Miller?

Yeah, those Jews are well known for being White Supremacists and Nazi sympathizers Good God.

Chris B.
__________________
“Racism is evil, and those who cause violence in its name are criminals and thugs, including the KKK, neo-Nazis, white supremacists, and other hate groups that are repugnant to everything we hold dear as Americans.” President Donald John Trump
ChrisBFRPKY is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th July 2019, 07:08 AM   #214
Cainkane1
Philosopher
 
Cainkane1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: The great American southeast
Posts: 8,611
To Cavalierly say that a COnservative Trump supporter is a Nazi is stupid. I'm a Trump supporter and I love all Americans. Race, ethnicity, religion, gender preference make no difference to me and most of the other people who voted for Trump. People get the wrong idea because high profile lunatics like the KKK and their ilk voted for him but he said he didn't want their support and he was adamant about it.

Socialists touted the virtues of Bernie Sanders and Hillary Clinton and people didn't judge them for that.
__________________
If at first you don't succeed try try again. Then if you fail to succeed to Hell with that. Try something else.
Cainkane1 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th July 2019, 07:09 AM   #215
uke2se
Penultimate Amazing
 
uke2se's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 12,930
Originally Posted by Cainkane1 View Post
To Cavalierly say that a COnservative Trump supporter is a Nazi is stupid. I'm a Trump supporter and I love all Americans. Race, ethnicity, religion, gender preference make no difference to me and most of the other people who voted for Trump. People get the wrong idea because high profile lunatics like the KKK and their ilk voted for him but he said he didn't want their support and he was adamant about it.

Socialists touted the virtues of Bernie Sanders and Hillary Clinton and people didn't judge them for that.
That's like... three lies?
__________________
Before you say something stupid about climate change, check this list.

"If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. " Karl Popper, The Open Society and Its Enemies Vol. 1
uke2se is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th July 2019, 07:12 AM   #216
ChrisBFRPKY
Illuminator
 
ChrisBFRPKY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,049
Originally Posted by Craig4 View Post
If it hurts Trump it's fine. No other consideration need be made than "does the blow land". Trump isn't good enough of considerations of fairness, honor or decency". If the stupid bitch or his henchmen don't like how his words are used against him, he should keep his mouth shut.
This is a perfect example of Trump Derangement Syndrome.

Chris B.
__________________
“Racism is evil, and those who cause violence in its name are criminals and thugs, including the KKK, neo-Nazis, white supremacists, and other hate groups that are repugnant to everything we hold dear as Americans.” President Donald John Trump
ChrisBFRPKY is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th July 2019, 07:23 AM   #217
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian
 
The Great Zaganza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 8,534
Originally Posted by ChrisBFRPKY View Post
You mean the Stephen Miller that was born on August 23, 1985, the second of three children in the Jewish family of Michael D. Miller?

Yeah, those Jews are well known for being White Supremacists and Nazi sympathizers Good God.

Chris B.
You don't know much about Miller, do you?

you also don't know the difference between anti-Semitism and White Supremacy ...
__________________
Careful! That tree's bark is worse than its bite.

Last edited by The Great Zaganza; 4th July 2019 at 07:53 AM.
The Great Zaganza is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th July 2019, 07:25 AM   #218
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing
 
Craig4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Alexandria, VA Home to the Deep State.
Posts: 18,330
Originally Posted by ChrisBFRPKY View Post
This is a perfect example of Trump Derangement Syndrome.

Chris B.
No, it's a perfect example of patriotism, something you as a Trump supporter would know nothing about.
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th July 2019, 07:26 AM   #219
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing
 
Craig4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Alexandria, VA Home to the Deep State.
Posts: 18,330
Originally Posted by Cainkane1 View Post
I'm a Trump supporter and I love all Americans.
You have an odd way of showing it.
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th July 2019, 11:55 AM   #220
ChrisBFRPKY
Illuminator
 
ChrisBFRPKY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,049
Originally Posted by The Great Zaganza View Post
You don't know much about Miller, do you?

you also don't know the difference between anti-Semitism and White Supremacy ...
Do tell.

Chris B.
__________________
“Racism is evil, and those who cause violence in its name are criminals and thugs, including the KKK, neo-Nazis, white supremacists, and other hate groups that are repugnant to everything we hold dear as Americans.” President Donald John Trump
ChrisBFRPKY is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th July 2019, 11:57 AM   #221
ChrisBFRPKY
Illuminator
 
ChrisBFRPKY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,049
Originally Posted by Craig4 View Post
No, it's a perfect example of patriotism, something you as a Trump supporter would know nothing about.
That's a very baseless and deranged comment there. I expected as much.

Chris B.
__________________
“Racism is evil, and those who cause violence in its name are criminals and thugs, including the KKK, neo-Nazis, white supremacists, and other hate groups that are repugnant to everything we hold dear as Americans.” President Donald John Trump
ChrisBFRPKY is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th July 2019, 12:50 PM   #222
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian
 
The Great Zaganza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 8,534
Originally Posted by ChrisBFRPKY View Post
Do tell.

Chris B.
https://www.haaretz.com/us-news/.pre...n-ss-1.6192214

he also has a history of helping Richard Spencer, who at the time called Miller a good friend.

https://www.gq.com/story/stephen-mil...te-nationalist

Quote:
Miller's own uncle has said his draconian policies would have doomed their Jewish refugee ancestors to death in pogroms. And actual neo-Nazis see him as advancing their goals: Andrew Anglin of the neo-Nazi website Daily Stormer called Miller "the last person in the White House that has any sense," referring specifically to Miller's anti-immigrant agenda. That's been apparent to those who have worked with him, as well. A White House adviser, referring to images of families being split apart at the border, told Vanity Fair that "Stephen actually enjoys seeing those pictures at the border. He’s a twisted guy, the way he was raised and picked on. There’s always been a way he’s gone about this. He’s Waffen-SS."

but by all means, call him a "White Nationalist" instead, because having a different paint completely changes how the car works.
__________________
Careful! That tree's bark is worse than its bite.

Last edited by The Great Zaganza; 4th July 2019 at 01:54 PM.
The Great Zaganza is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th July 2019, 01:51 PM   #223
I Am The Scum
Illuminator
 
I Am The Scum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 3,926
Originally Posted by ChrisBFRPKY View Post
It was more of a "more likely than not" observation for the Conservative to be on the receiving end of an attack.
Let's go to the actual quote.

Originally Posted by Cainkane1 View Post
There are bad conservatives too but our weirdos aren't as violent as the liberal weirdos in society.
You said that the Andy Ngo situation validated the OP's claim. In fact, the Greg Gianforte situation contradicts the OP's claim to a much greater degree.
I Am The Scum is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th July 2019, 09:38 AM   #224
Elagabalus
Illuminator
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 4,533
Originally Posted by Cainkane1 View Post
Antifa which is an extreme left-wing violent organization beats people down even if they are old or have a visible handicap. In Oregon, an old white-haired out of shape man was beaten bloody.
Was this old white-haired out of shape man dressed like Santa Claus, perhaps?
Elagabalus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th July 2019, 10:26 AM   #225
ChrisBFRPKY
Illuminator
 
ChrisBFRPKY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,049
Originally Posted by The Great Zaganza View Post
https://www.haaretz.com/us-news/.pre...n-ss-1.6192214

he also has a history of helping Richard Spencer, who at the time called Miller a good friend.

https://www.gq.com/story/stephen-mil...te-nationalist




but by all means, call him a "White Nationalist" instead, because having a different paint completely changes how the car works.
An online hit piece based on a tweet made by Ilhan Omar as fact?

OMG. Please say you're kidding.

Chris B.
__________________
“Racism is evil, and those who cause violence in its name are criminals and thugs, including the KKK, neo-Nazis, white supremacists, and other hate groups that are repugnant to everything we hold dear as Americans.” President Donald John Trump
ChrisBFRPKY is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th July 2019, 10:33 AM   #226
ChrisBFRPKY
Illuminator
 
ChrisBFRPKY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,049
Originally Posted by I Am The Scum View Post
Let's go to the actual quote.



You said that the Andy Ngo situation validated the OP's claim. In fact, the Greg Gianforte situation contradicts the OP's claim to a much greater degree.
I think the question of whether it has happened on both sides or not is covered. The point is that it happens far more often on the one side than the other. This has gone beyond coincidence levels.

Pointing to one conservative action to justify dozens of attacks made by liberals (far left obviously) is a false equivalence.

Chris B.
__________________
“Racism is evil, and those who cause violence in its name are criminals and thugs, including the KKK, neo-Nazis, white supremacists, and other hate groups that are repugnant to everything we hold dear as Americans.” President Donald John Trump
ChrisBFRPKY is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th July 2019, 10:57 AM   #227
carlitos
"más divertido"
 
carlitos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 20,293
Originally Posted by ChrisBFRPKY View Post
An online hit piece based on a tweet made by Ilhan Omar as fact?
By "based on a tweet" you might mean "in response to a tweet" or something else.

In addition to the tweets in question, here are the linked sources in that article, all of which attest to the case the Stephen Miller is indeed a White Surpremacist (because of course he is) :
  • The Independent (UK)
  • The Atlantic
  • Vanity Fair
  • The Daily Beast
  • GQ itself
  • The Daily Stormer's twitter (!) complimenting Stephen Miller
  • The Guardian
  • Politico
  • The Hill
carlitos is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th July 2019, 11:14 AM   #228
ChrisBFRPKY
Illuminator
 
ChrisBFRPKY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,049
Originally Posted by carlitos View Post
By "based on a tweet" you might mean "in response to a tweet" or something else.

In addition to the tweets in question, here are the linked sources in that article, all of which attest to the case the Stephen Miller is indeed a White Surpremacist (because of course he is) :
  • The Independent (UK)
  • The Atlantic
  • Vanity Fair
  • The Daily Beast
  • GQ itself
  • The Daily Stormer's twitter (!) complimenting Stephen Miller
  • The Guardian
  • Politico
  • The Hill
The story in the second link was an opinion piece that referenced Ilhan Omar's tweet as a source claiming Stephen Miller is a white supremacist. Posting a list of twitter accounts or publications that run a story based on a tweet made by Ilhan Omar is not factual evidence. It is evidence of an opinion from Omar's tweet or opinions from others on the far left.

Where are the facts? Not opinions, the simple facts. What white supremacist group does he belong to? Does he attend meetings? Does he donate to or support white supremacist organizations? Facts please......

Chris B.
__________________
“Racism is evil, and those who cause violence in its name are criminals and thugs, including the KKK, neo-Nazis, white supremacists, and other hate groups that are repugnant to everything we hold dear as Americans.” President Donald John Trump
ChrisBFRPKY is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th July 2019, 11:16 AM   #229
carlitos
"más divertido"
 
carlitos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 20,293
You didn't read the article or click the links before posting that, did you?
carlitos is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th July 2019, 11:17 AM   #230
ChrisBFRPKY
Illuminator
 
ChrisBFRPKY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,049
Originally Posted by carlitos View Post
You didn't read the article or click the links before posting that, did you?
That would be my question to you.

Chris B.
__________________
“Racism is evil, and those who cause violence in its name are criminals and thugs, including the KKK, neo-Nazis, white supremacists, and other hate groups that are repugnant to everything we hold dear as Americans.” President Donald John Trump
ChrisBFRPKY is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th July 2019, 11:23 AM   #231
ChrisBFRPKY
Illuminator
 
ChrisBFRPKY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,049
Originally Posted by carlitos View Post
You didn't read the article or click the links before posting that, did you?
Maybe this will help.

From the link:

"There’s Nothing Controversial About Calling Stephen Miller What He Is
Ilhan Omar was right in calling the far-right White House senior policy adviser a “white nationalist.”


BY LUKE DARBY
April 9, 2019
stephen miller
MANDEL NGAN
White House senior policy adviser Stephen Miller might finally get what he wants, with Donald Trump vowing, "We want to go in a tougher direction" on immigration. According to The Wall Street Journal, Trump reportedly told him "you're in charge" of the administration's immigration policy. Miller may have also had a hand in pushing out Kirstjen Nielsen as secretary of Homeland Security. Nielsen reportedly enraged Trump in her unwillingness to resort to illegal measures, like closing down the border entirely and reinstating the family-separation policy for people crossing the border after a judge ruled against it.

In response to the news that Miller was pushing for more extremist officials to run Immigration and Customs Enforcement, an agency under DHS, Minnesota Representative Ilhan Omar tweeted: "Stephen Miller is a white nationalist. The fact that he still has influence on policy and political appointments is an outrage." Some of Omar's critics took the moment as an opportunity to make a peculiar attack: Donald Trump Jr., Breitbart writers, and New York Representative Lee Zeldin condemned her as an anti-Semite for calling a Jewish member of the Trump administration a white nationalist. But as Wisconsin Representative Mark Pocan pointed out, none did so when he levied the very same charge against Miller last year.

Omar, of course, isn't alone here. Even those close to Miller have made the same observation. Miller's own uncle has said his draconian policies would have doomed their Jewish refugee ancestors to death in pogroms. And actual neo-Nazis see him as advancing their goals: Andrew Anglin of the neo-Nazi website Daily Stormer called Miller "the last person in the White House that has any sense," referring specifically to Miller's anti-immigrant agenda. That's been apparent to those who have worked with him, as well. A White House adviser, referring to images of families being split apart at the border, told Vanity Fair that "Stephen actually enjoys seeing those pictures at the border. He’s a twisted guy, the way he was raised and picked on. There’s always been a way he’s gone about this. He’s Waffen-SS." "

Now if you please, point out any section based on fact and not opinion?

Chris B.
__________________
“Racism is evil, and those who cause violence in its name are criminals and thugs, including the KKK, neo-Nazis, white supremacists, and other hate groups that are repugnant to everything we hold dear as Americans.” President Donald John Trump
ChrisBFRPKY is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th July 2019, 11:46 AM   #232
carlitos
"más divertido"
 
carlitos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 20,293
So you wouldn't deduce "white supremacist" from someone who was "mentored" by Richard Spencer, endorsed by the Daily Stormer, who once disowned a friend because he was Latino, who was the mastermind behind the "Muslim ban," etc.? He has to go to meetings, pay dues and belong to a formal club of some sort?
carlitos is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th July 2019, 11:52 AM   #233
ChrisBFRPKY
Illuminator
 
ChrisBFRPKY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,049
Originally Posted by carlitos View Post
So you wouldn't deduce "white supremacist" from someone who was "mentored" by Richard Spencer, endorsed by the Daily Stormer, who once disowned a friend because he was Latino, who was the mastermind behind the "Muslim ban," etc.? He has to go to meetings, pay dues and belong to a formal club of some sort?
I'm looking for facts...got any?

Chris B.
__________________
“Racism is evil, and those who cause violence in its name are criminals and thugs, including the KKK, neo-Nazis, white supremacists, and other hate groups that are repugnant to everything we hold dear as Americans.” President Donald John Trump
ChrisBFRPKY is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th July 2019, 11:56 AM   #234
carlitos
"más divertido"
 
carlitos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 20,293
deleted upon reflection. sorry.

Last edited by carlitos; 5th July 2019 at 12:05 PM.
carlitos is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th July 2019, 12:07 PM   #235
Minoosh
Philosopher
 
Minoosh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 9,373
Originally Posted by Cainkane1 View Post
Trump supporters are not alt right. Nazis and Kluxers are alt-right and Trump has distanced himself from them.
Trump in 2000:

Quote:
I can’t stay within a national party that, you know, that could well have Pat Buchanan as its presidential nominee. And now the latest word, I hear he’s getting support from David Duke. Well, I can’t be part of that.
Trump in 2016:

Quote:
I don’t know any — honestly, I don’t know David Duke. I don’t believe I have ever met him. I’m pretty sure I didn’t meet him. And I just don’t know anything about him.
The Trump of 2000 is very different and much more coherent than the Trump of today.

When I first read about his support from white supremacists (or separatists, a slightly different ideology), in a New Yorker article, I was skeptical. I expected him to distance himself, which eventually he kind of did, but not very forcefully. Instead he said he didn't know anything about David Duke, which I felt was dishonest given earlier statements. Even now I don't jump to the conclusion that all his supporters are racists, but his comments about a "Mexican" judge and many other statements since have convinced me that he welcomes support from bigots.

Last edited by Minoosh; 5th July 2019 at 01:15 PM. Reason: parallel construction
Minoosh is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th July 2019, 01:12 PM   #236
Minoosh
Philosopher
 
Minoosh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 9,373
Originally Posted by isissxn View Post
Basically, I know all that stuff you listed as positive. I just don't see how it will help if we turn into Gilead. I'm on a whole 'nother level here, bro. I'm paranoid and scared as hell. Please don't yell at me. I'm not your enemy.

Something really bad is coming.
isissxn, I would love to tell you that your fears are unfounded but I really can't do that. I will tell you that grounds for hope are also abundant. It's sometimes hard to see this when dread is already right there at you doorstep, but it's true, I swear.
Minoosh is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th July 2019, 03:39 PM   #237
varwoche
Penultimate Amazing
 
varwoche's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Puget Sound
Posts: 12,856
Originally Posted by varwoche View Post
He denied knowledge of David Duke. Why? He denied knowledge of the KKK. Why? He promulgated information sourced from neo nazis. Why? Said information even included false, racist data which he never retracted. Why?

The Charlottesville rally wasn't organized by historical preservation interests. It was an actual neo nazi event, unabashedly organized by actually neo nazis. "Jews will not replace us." There were not good people on both sides.

There's a lot more but let's agree on this much first.
@ ChrisBFRPKY... If only you were fractionally as persistent dealing with facts as when you are demanding them.

If per chance you belong to the extended Van Winkle family -- many of whom post here by the way -- details are readily available on the internet.
__________________
To survive election season on a skeptics forum, one must understand Hymie-the-Robot.
varwoche is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th July 2019, 07:40 PM   #238
pgwenthold
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Posts: 18,089
Meanwhile, here is a conservative presumably among other conservatives

Reporter: Do you think Joe Biden is a socialist?
Trump supporter: Yes
Reporter: How do you define socialist?
Trump Supporter: I define socialism as when you bring down your own country, your own race, because he's not black.

https://twitter.com/keithboykin/stat...952411136?s=19

I'll admit, I don't have a clue what she's talking about. Of course, neither does she.
__________________
"As your friend, I have to be honest with you: I don't care about you or your problems" - Chloe, Secret Life of Pets
pgwenthold is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th July 2019, 08:10 PM   #239
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing
 
Trebuchet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: The Great Northwet
Posts: 21,869
So, has the OP been skeletonized yet?
__________________
Cum catapultae proscribeantur tum soli proscripti catapultas habeant.
Trebuchet is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th July 2019, 03:57 PM   #240
Upchurch
Papa Funkosophy
 
Upchurch's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: St. Louis, MO
Posts: 31,490
Originally Posted by Cainkane1 View Post
Liberals have been known to assault Conservatives for wearing a maga hat in public. There are bad conservatives too but our weirdos aren't as violent as the liberal weirdos in society.
Sounds like someone needs a safe space
__________________
"There is nothing more deceptive than an obvious fact." -- Sherlock Holmes.
"It’s easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled." -- Mark Twain, maybe.
Upchurch is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Reply

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:57 AM.
Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

This forum began as part of the James Randi Education Foundation (JREF). However, the forum now exists as
an independent entity with no affiliation with or endorsement by the JREF, including the section in reference to "JREF" topics.

Disclaimer: Messages posted in the Forum are solely the opinion of their authors.