ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 7th July 2019, 04:07 PM   #241
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Upchurch View Post
Sounds like someone needs a safe space
The idea is to drive those you hate into a space that you can safely besiege.

Tell us how close you are to mastering the technique.
theprestige is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th July 2019, 05:29 PM   #242
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by theprestige View Post

If you have a better suggestion as to how to make a treasonous and disloyal part of the electorate the hated other, I'd be glad to hear it. Dehumanizing people is hard work, please don't interrupt.
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th July 2019, 06:20 PM   #243
Foolmewunz
Grammar Resistance Leader
TLA Dictator

Safe spaces where you can pick 'em off one by one? How about schools? Mosques? Synagogues?

Seems to work for the side you're running interference for. I guess what you're saying is Dumm Lefties need to stop spitting on Eric and driving Connie Anne Kellway out of restaurants and tugging at MAGA Hat Wearing Attention Seekers, arm up and start taking 'em down for real?

It's not that liberals have become less tolerant. It's that conservatives have become more intolerable.
Foolmewunz is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th July 2019, 11:17 AM   #244
Mycroft
High Priest of Ed

Originally Posted by Trebuchet View Post
I don't know if that's original, but nommed anyhow!
I really and truly wish that were original to me, but it is not. I don't remember where I found it, but the term was coined to describe Trump and many of his stooges.
Mycroft is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th July 2019, 11:28 AM   #245
Mycroft
High Priest of Ed

Originally Posted by ChrisBFRPKY View Post
You mean the Stephen Miller that was born on August 23, 1985, the second of three children in the Jewish family of Michael D. Miller?

Yeah, those Jews are well known for being White Supremacists and Nazi sympathizers Good God.

Chris B.
Bigotry is a human condition. People of all ethnicities, religions and cultures take part in it.
Mycroft is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th July 2019, 12:26 PM   #246
I Am The Scum
Illuminator

Originally Posted by ChrisBFRPKY View Post
Pointing to one conservative action to justify dozens of attacks made by liberals (far left obviously) is a false equivalence.
Oh come on, Chris. The entire reason we started this leg of the conversation is because you claimed that a single anecdote validated the OP. Now you're arguing against anecdotes the moment they turn against your preferred conclusion?

Pick a side and get back at me. Does "the recent attack on a Conservative journalist brings the OP home," or would you prefer to retract the claim?
I Am The Scum is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th July 2019, 05:50 AM   #247
Upchurch
Papa Funkosophy

Do you even know what you're talking about or do you just occasionally channel an imaginary fantasy world?
Old 9th July 2019, 06:20 AM   #248
Drewbot
Philosopher

Trump closer to Obama than current Democratic candidates are.

This is going to be an epic embarrassment for the Dems in 2020.

Speaking as an neutral observer of course.
Drewbot is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th July 2019, 06:17 PM   #249
Venom
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Drewbot View Post

This is going to be an epic embarrassment for the Dems country in 2020.

Venom is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th July 2019, 06:57 PM   #250
thaiboxerken
Penultimate Amazing

As neutral as Bill O'Reilly....
All national institutions of churches, whether Jewish, Christian or Turkish, appear to me no other than human inventions, set up to terrify and enslave mankind, and monopolize power & profit - Thomas Paine
thaiboxerken is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th July 2019, 11:09 PM   #251
Norman Alexander
Philosopher

Huh?

Quote:
This...what?

Quote:
What on Earth are you observing?
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornetsí nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th July 2019, 12:03 AM   #252
uke2se
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Norman Alexander View Post
What on Earth are you observing?
The crevasse where he found his argument? Rather smelly in there.

"If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. " Karl Popper, The Open Society and Its Enemies Vol. 1
uke2se is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics