ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags anti-war activists , Justin Raimondo , libertarians , obituaries

Old 28th June 2019, 03:05 PM   #1
Childlike Empress
Ewige Blumenkraft

Cancer takes away antiwar.com's Justin Raimondo at age 67

To me, who thinks nothing good of the "libertarian" ideology, antiwar.com was one of the sites that really taught others how to use links in early internet writing. While the usual pre$$titute sites even these days don't link to the sources they are writing about, but instead use if anything links to their internal "what-is-what" crap, antiwar.com articles were riddled with useful links in the early 2000's. Scott Horton says he was the one who had the job to add all those links back then, and he has a short audio obituary for JR today. May he rest in peace.
Old 28th June 2019, 05:51 PM   #2
IsThisTheLife
Critical Thinker

That's sad to hear. Raimondo was someone I read a lot back in the early/mid 2000's (even had a couple of back-and-forths with him), he definitely helped the scales to drop from my eyes and allowed me to see the falseness and hypocrisy of liberal left politics and politicians.
Old 29th June 2019, 05:39 AM   #3
varwoche
Penultimate Amazing

Pat Buchanon supporter, Trump supporter. An alt-right pioneer.
Old 29th June 2019, 09:12 AM   #4
IsThisTheLife
Critical Thinker

He helped me and many others to see the "neocons" for what they are - ex-trotskyite "radicals" expediently camouflaging themselves as "conservatives" and Republicans to further their repulsive war-mongering and their insane goal of "creative destruction" in the Middle East.
Old 29th June 2019, 11:41 AM   #5
Brainster
Penultimate Amazing

He was a big-time pusher of the CT that the Israelis had foreknowledge of 9-11. Always laughed at that picture they had of him in a tough-guy pose with the cigarette drooping from his lower lip.
Brainster is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th June 2019, 12:11 PM   #6
Venom
Master Poster

Originally Posted by IsThisTheLife View Post
He helped me and many others to see the "neocons" for what they are - ex-trotskyite "radicals" expediently camouflaging themselves as "conservatives" and Republicans to further their repulsive war-mongering and their insane goal of "creative destruction" in the Middle East.
Now that's funny as ****
Venom is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st July 2019, 02:15 AM   #7
Eddie Dane
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Brainster View Post
He was a big-time pusher of the CT that the Israelis had foreknowledge of 9-11. Always laughed at that picture they had of him in a tough-guy pose with the cigarette drooping from his lower lip.
I read his site in the mid-2000s when I was interested in Twoofer conspiracy.

I don't remember him explicitly pushing that theory.

As for that picture; it stuck with me too. I think he just liked the James Dean esthetic of it. Maybe it got him laid, who knows?

I often disagreed with his opinions, but bottom-line I did appreciate his critical and angry anti-neocon stance. RIP Justin.
Old 1st July 2019, 03:42 AM   #8
applecorped
Rotten to the Core

So he lost his war on cancer huh?
Old 1st July 2019, 05:48 AM   #9
uke2se
Penultimate Amazing

Sad for his people. Seems like kind of an idiot though, so no great loss for the rest of us.

"If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. " Karl Popper, The Open Society and Its Enemies Vol. 1
uke2se is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st July 2019, 06:41 AM   #10
IsThisTheLife
Critical Thinker

Originally Posted by uke2se View Post
Sad for his people. Seems like kind of an idiot though, so no great loss for the rest of us.
**** me gently.
Old 1st July 2019, 09:20 AM   #11
Brainster
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Eddie Dane View Post
I read his site in the mid-2000s when I was interested in Twoofer conspiracy.

I don't remember him explicitly pushing that theory.
Here's a very long article he wrote on the subject.

Quote:
The story of Israel’s underground army in America – and its foreknowledge of the 9/11 terrorist attacks – is based on facts, not fantasies, and it has nothing whatsoever to do with anti-Semitism – and everything to do with establishing the full context of the worst terrorist attack in our history.
Here's his entire series of 9-11 columns.

Quote:
I often disagreed with his opinions, but bottom-line I did appreciate his critical and angry anti-neocon stance. RIP Justin.
The anti-neocon stance was part and parcel of his anti-semitism.
Brainster is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st July 2019, 02:34 PM   #12
IsThisTheLife
Critical Thinker

The anti-neocon stance was part and parcel of his anti-semitism.
Ah, so he was a Jew hater. As simple as that. This deep insight into Raimondo's psyche explains everything.

Although it's actually difficult to avoid being called an 'antisemite' if you detest neocons. Do you know why?
Old 1st July 2019, 07:14 PM   #13
Matthew Ellard
Graduate Poster

Can you tell us which US neocons attended or supported Trotsy's Comminterns (International Communist conferences)? That would be zero right?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Trosky at Commintern.jpg (69.2 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg wolfowitz.jpg (66.5 KB, 1 views)
Matthew Ellard is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st July 2019, 11:58 PM   #14
Brainster
Penultimate Amazing

Ah, so he was a Jew hater. As simple as that. This deep insight into Raimondo's psyche explains everything.

Although it's actually difficult to avoid being called an 'antisemite' if you detest neocons. Do you know why?
Because neocon is a codename for Jews when used by members of the far Right? (When used by members of the far Left it just means "Republicans").
Old 2nd July 2019, 04:38 AM   #15
IsThisTheLife
Critical Thinker

Because neocon is a codename for Jews when used by members of the far Right? (When used by members of the far Left it just means "Republicans").
"Code name"? BS - the pseudo-conservatives who called themselves "neoconservatives" (both DC-ites and media pundits) were and are Jews, practically to a man and woman.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Projec...erican_Century.
Old 2nd July 2019, 05:16 AM   #16
IsThisTheLife
Critical Thinker

Originally Posted by Matthew Ellard View Post
Can you tell us which US neocons attended or supported Trotsy's Comminterns (International Communist conferences)? That would be zero right?
In what way does this refute the existence of US-born, leftist "radical intellectuals" who, in the late 20th C., "saw the light" and became the self-styled "neocons", AKA "The War Party"?

Whatever, I don't intend to indulge you or anyone else in a game of semantic ping-pong - I've long since come to realise how futile a game that is.
Old 2nd July 2019, 05:37 AM   #17
IsThisTheLife
Critical Thinker

Jaysus - this is the author / chief editor of the PNAC (now defunct - mission accomplished) report Rebuilding America's Defenses: Strategies, Forces, and Resources For a New Century, er, Giselle Donnelly (plainly the kind of stable individual anyone would be happy to see influencing US foreign and military policy);

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giselle_Donnelly

Old 2nd July 2019, 05:43 AM   #18
Eddie Dane
Philosopher

"Code name"? BS - the pseudo-conservatives who called themselves "neoconservatives" (both DC-ites and media pundits) were and are Jews, practically to a man and woman.

PNAC was heavily Jewish, yes.

But whatever think-tank mumbo-jumbo the Bush administration used as a fig-leaf for their invasions, the people who pulled the trigger on those policies were not Jewish.

I also have the impression that the function of think-tanks is to provide intellectual justification for whatever the US wants to do anyway. Think-tanks create papers that go to news organisations via PR firms and then they provide talking heads to do interviews about those papers.
Old 2nd July 2019, 05:45 AM   #19
Eddie Dane
Philosopher

Jaysus - this is the author / chief editor of the PNAC (now defunct - mission accomplished) report Rebuilding America's Defenses: Strategies, Forces, and Resources For a New Century, er, Giselle Donnelly (plainly the kind of stable individual anyone would be happy to see influencing US foreign and military policy);

https://i.postimg.cc/RZX7gV25/eat-gi...-webmedium.jpg
I see that Dick Cheney now identifies as a woman, and as a functioning alcoholic.
Old 2nd July 2019, 05:48 AM   #20
varwoche
Penultimate Amazing

Jaysus - this is the author / chief editor of the PNAC (now defunct - mission accomplished) report Rebuilding America's Defenses: Strategies, Forces, and Resources For a New Century, er, Giselle Donnelly (plainly the kind of stable individual anyone would be happy to see influencing US foreign and military
What in the name of Odin does this vaguely bigoted post have to do with the price of bread? Answer: not one damn thing.
Old 2nd July 2019, 05:52 AM   #21
JoeMorgue
Self Employed
Remittance Man

Originally Posted by varwoche View Post
What in the name of Odin does this vaguely bigoted post have to do with the price of bread? Answer: not one damn thing.
"I know! I'll distract from antisemantic rant by making a transphobic one!"
"Bold strategy Cotton, let's see if it pays off for him."
JoeMorgue is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd July 2019, 06:04 AM   #22
uke2se
Penultimate Amazing

It's always fascinating watching a vile bigot completely out himself.

"If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. " Karl Popper, The Open Society and Its Enemies Vol. 1
uke2se is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd July 2019, 06:09 AM   #23
IsThisTheLife
Critical Thinker

Originally Posted by Eddie Dane View Post
PNAC was heavily Jewish, yes.

But whatever think-tank mumbo-jumbo the Bush administration used as a fig-leaf for their invasions, the people who pulled the trigger on those policies were not Jewish.

I also have the impression that the function of think-tanks is to provide intellectual justification for whatever the US wants to do anyway. Think-tanks create papers that go to news organisations via PR firms and then they provide talking heads to do interviews about those papers.
It was never going to be a problem for the War Party to recruit powerful industrialist/financier sociopaths (such as "Big Dick" Cheney) to get with the program.
Old 2nd July 2019, 06:10 AM   #24
Childlike Empress
Ewige Blumenkraft

PNAC has practically regrouped with the usual suspects under the name of Center for a New American SecurityWP

Last edited by Childlike Empress; 2nd July 2019 at 06:11 AM.
Childlike Empress is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd July 2019, 06:11 AM   #25
IsThisTheLife
Critical Thinker

Originally Posted by uke2se View Post
It's always fascinating watching a vile bigot completely out himself.
I like, totally feel the same way <hair flick>.
Old 2nd July 2019, 06:30 AM   #26
Childlike Empress
Ewige Blumenkraft

I like to give them rope to hang themselves.
Old 2nd July 2019, 06:35 AM   #27
varwoche
Penultimate Amazing

Argumentum ad neenerum.

You've authored a post that has all the appearance of vile bigotry. uke2se has not. There is no basis whatsoever for you to feel the same way, hair flick notwithstanding.

I'd ask you to explain your disturbing post, except I already get it.
Old 2nd July 2019, 06:41 AM   #28
Foolmewunz
Grammar Resistance Leader
TLA Dictator

https://i.postimg.cc/RZX7gV25/eat-gi...-webmedium.jpg
Dastardly, aren't they, those Jews. Passing themselves off as women and Irish, too! Have they no pride?

It's not that liberals have become less tolerant. It's that conservatives have become more intolerable.
Foolmewunz is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd July 2019, 07:56 AM   #29
Eddie Dane
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Childlike Empress View Post
PNAC has practically regrouped with the usual suspects under the name of Center for a New American SecurityWP

I guess Micheal Moore is not going to run out of material in our lifetimes.
Old 2nd July 2019, 10:16 AM   #30
Venom
Master Poster

The new thing appears to be coupling antiwar with "anti-Zionist" to soften the blow of the latter.

The Soviets used that tactic against the U.S., but against Israel seems pretty recent, at least to me. The conspiracism is unnecessary and just bogs down any sincere antiwar effort.
Venom is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd July 2019, 10:34 AM   #31
Brainster
Penultimate Amazing

What's next? The Saul Alinsky gambit seems most likely here.

You probably think you are leaving bread crumbs in a cunning manner that we haven't seen before.
Old 2nd July 2019, 05:14 PM   #32
IsThisTheLife
Critical Thinker

What's next? The Saul Alinsky gambit seems most likely here.

You probably think you are leaving bread crumbs in a cunning manner that we haven't seen before.
Not at all, and I have no doubt this has been done to death (then exhumed a couple of times) here before. If it hadn't been for a few obnoxious and gratuitous (i.e. uncalled for, trollish) posts up the page I'd have stayed schtum.
Old 2nd July 2019, 06:40 PM   #33
Matthew Ellard
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Matthew Ellard
Can you tell us which US neocons attended or supported Trotsky's Comminterns (International Communist conferences)? That would be zero right?
In what way does this refute the existence of US-born, leftist "radical intellectuals" who, in the late 20th C., "saw the light" and became the self-styled "neocons", AKA "The War Party"?
That your claim that neocons were ex Trotskyites was complete BS. You obviously don't know who Trotsky was or what he did.
Matthew Ellard is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd July 2019, 07:18 PM   #34
Foolmewunz
Grammar Resistance Leader
TLA Dictator

Not at all, and I have no doubt this has been done to death (then exhumed a couple of times) here before. If it hadn't been for a few obnoxious and gratuitous (i.e. uncalled for, trollish) posts up the page I'd have stayed schtum.
Oh, I see,.... the wifebeaters' excuse. "You made me do it." How you think that posting anti-semitic crap is going to remove the stain of anti-semitism from the late lamented Raimondo, I'm not sure.

Are you going to win the debate by showing all of us just how many Jews are in media, banking, entertainment, the neocon "movement", etc... I've only seen two groups thick enough to believe that continuous lies win their arguments.... Holocaust Deniers and 9/11 Truthers.

You can't even defend your claim that the neocons were disgruntled Trotskyites, one of the stupidest contentions we've seen here in years.

It's not that liberals have become less tolerant. It's that conservatives have become more intolerable.
Foolmewunz is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd July 2019, 03:52 AM   #35
IsThisTheLife
Critical Thinker

Originally Posted by Matthew Ellard View Post
That your claim that neocons were ex Trotskyites was complete BS. You obviously don't know who Trotsky was or what he did.
Your denials straight back at you;

your claim that neocons were NOT ex-leftist radicals (many avowed Trotskyists as callow youths - he was the ideal figurehead for post WWII / late-20th C internationalist communists) is complete BS.

I "obviously don't know who Trotsky was or what he did"? Yeh, sure, whatever you say ("what he did" - lol).
Old 3rd July 2019, 01:26 PM   #36
Cabbage
Graduate Poster

your claim that neocons were NOT ex-leftist radicals (many avowed Trotskyists as callow youths - he was the ideal figurehead for post WWII / late-20th C internationalist communists) is complete BS.
And yet you refuse to name a single one!

Odd. It's almost as though you are trying to obfuscate a point you are incapable of backing up.
Cabbage is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd July 2019, 01:31 PM   #37
Childlike Empress
Ewige Blumenkraft

Originally Posted by Cabbage View Post
And yet you refuse to name a single one!

For you: Irving KristolWP
Old 3rd July 2019, 02:33 PM   #38
Cabbage
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Childlike Empress View Post
For you: Irving KristolWP
Congrats for passing the first hurdle. Now let's see if you can actually support the actual claim, which is that that is the norm. I mean hell, even I can find a black Klansman. That doesn't imply that Klansmen were generally black.

Good Luck!
Cabbage is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd July 2019, 02:41 PM   #39
Childlike Empress
Ewige Blumenkraft

Originally Posted by Cabbage View Post
Congrats for passing the first hurdle. Now let's see if you can actually support the actual claim, which is that that is the norm. I mean hell, even I can find a black Klansman. That doesn't imply that Klansmen were generally black.

Good Luck!

You would fail to find "the godfather of the KKK" being black, though. I don't have to support other people's claims, I just gave you a little heads-up to overcome your own laziness by making you familiar with "the godfather of the neoconservatives" with his Trotzkist past. Further studies are upon you.
Old 3rd July 2019, 06:35 PM   #40
Matthew Ellard
Graduate Poster

Your denials straight back at you;
Nope. Poor boy. You haven't named one neo-con who was an ex-trotskyite.

As total fails go, that was very venerable of your ongoing posting character.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics