ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 3rd July 2019, 06:05 AM   #41
SuburbanTurkey
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Matthew Ellard View Post
President Donald Trump has vowed that "brand new Sherman tanks" will be on display this July 4th in Washington, D.C.
https://nationalinterest.org/blog/bu...te-us-military

I wonder if Trump will send those brand new Shermans into Iran?
Somewhere out there, a bunch of 100 year old factory workers are getting to call to go man the floor to produce a brand new Sherman tank. Hopefully they still remember, the last one was produced in 1945.

Forecast calls for 92 degrees F high temp for the day. Enjoy your holiday in full dress uniform, Papa Trump loves you.
Old 3rd July 2019, 06:16 AM   #42
ChrisBFRPKY
Illuminator

Originally Posted by SuburbanTurkey View Post
Somewhere out there, a bunch of 100 year old factory workers are getting to call to go man the floor to produce a brand new Sherman tank. Hopefully they still remember, the last one was produced in 1945.

Forecast calls for 92 degrees F high temp for the day. Enjoy your holiday in full dress uniform, Papa Trump loves you.
Or, they may have simply borrowed one from the Patton museum at Fort Knox KY.......

Chris B.
“Racism is evil, and those who cause violence in its name are criminals and thugs, including the KKK, neo-Nazis, white supremacists, and other hate groups that are repugnant to everything we hold dear as Americans.” President Donald John Trump
ChrisBFRPKY is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd July 2019, 06:17 AM   #43
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by ChrisBFRPKY View Post
Or, they may have simply borrowed one from the Patton museum at Fort Knox KY.......

Chris B.
Or the stupid bitch is really just that stupid.
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd July 2019, 06:21 AM   #44
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

https://www.newsweek.com/baby-trump-...ington-1446227

This is made my day.
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd July 2019, 06:37 AM   #45
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Craig4 View Post
These military parades the stupid bitch is so enamored of are signs of weakness. France needs to remind the world that it's a major power. China, North Korea and Russia have these parades to intimidate internal and external audiences. As the lone remaining superpower, we just are. We don't have parades. When we want to world to notice our military might, we have better ways that parades to demonstrate it.
Exactly.
theprestige is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd July 2019, 06:53 AM   #46
Armitage72
Master Poster

Quote:
"We are working with the applicants to determine the location and specific conditions under which the demonstration will take place."

In a cellar, in a disused lavatory with a sign on the door saying "Beware of the Leopard".
Armitage72 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd July 2019, 06:56 AM   #47
alfaniner
Penultimate Amazing

I don't remember the blimp baby having been displayed in the U.S. before. But this is sure to make an impact. It will be impossible for The PDJT to avoid seeing it.
Old 3rd July 2019, 07:12 AM   #48
I Am The Scum
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Skeptic Ginger View Post
Why did you start a new thread for this?

Ask a mod to change the title to Trump's 4th of July military 'event' is ignorant and a waste of money...

Or something like that.
Oh, no no. The thread title is perfect. I might need to quote theprestige in another thread.

As for the subject: I think a fun compromise would be to allow all the military personnel to stay home, and replace them with civilians. Just regular folks marching and driving tanks down the street.
I Am The Scum is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd July 2019, 07:14 AM   #49
Armitage72
Master Poster

Originally Posted by alfaniner View Post
I don't remember the blimp baby having been displayed in the U.S. before. But this is sure to make an impact. It will be impossible for The PDJT to avoid seeing it.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if the final approval places it in a position far out of his line of sight. Similar to how he only saw one small protest in London because they actively kept him from seeing the actual protests.
Armitage72 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd July 2019, 07:14 AM   #50
JoeMorgue
Self Employed
Remittance Man

Originally Posted by I Am The Scum View Post
I think a fun compromise would be to allow all the military personnel to stay home, and replace them with civilians. Just regular folks marching and driving tanks down the street.
Take a step back and ask yourself if inviting the kind of people who want to march for Trump and giving them access to military hardware is the best idea.
JoeMorgue is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd July 2019, 07:19 AM   #51
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by JoeMorgue View Post
Take a step back and ask yourself if inviting the kind of people who want to march for Trump and giving them access to military hardware is the best idea.
The whole thing is probably a ruse to make a military attack on the legislature.
theprestige is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd July 2019, 07:22 AM   #52
JoeMorgue
Self Employed
Remittance Man

Originally Posted by theprestige View Post
The whole thing is probably a ruse to make a military attack on the legislature.
Trumps obviously seen the XXX sequel with Ice Cube in it.
JoeMorgue is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd July 2019, 07:27 AM   #53
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by JoeMorgue View Post
Trumps obviously seen the XXX sequel with Ice Cube in it.
Either you die a gangsta rapper, or you live long enough to become a fascist fellow traveler.
Old 3rd July 2019, 07:28 AM   #54
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

Public Service Announcement:

If you plan to attend, do not wash with hot water after being exposed to tear gas. Take a cool shower and wash all of your clothes alone. Run the washer empty afterwards. If you are exposed to pepper spray, do not touch your eyes. Wash the exposed area with a solution of cool water and a small amount Dawn or some other brand of grease dissolving dish soap.
Old 3rd July 2019, 07:32 AM   #55
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

But actually I was thinking more of Portugal's revolt of the captains, or Yeltsin shelling the White House.
Old 3rd July 2019, 07:36 AM   #56
Horatius
NWO Kitty Wrangler

...shelling the White House.

Hey, maybe this will be the best 4th of July ever!
Old 3rd July 2019, 07:45 AM   #57
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Horatius View Post
Hey, maybe this will be the best 4th of July ever!
Turns out, the offices of the Russian executive are also called the White House.
Old 3rd July 2019, 08:04 AM   #58
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

This sends an interesting message. The Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff is attending but the other Joint Chiefs are sending deputies. The only service chief attending is the Commandant of the Coast Guard.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/07/03/polit...ent/index.html
Old 3rd July 2019, 08:11 AM   #59
TragicMonkey
Poisoned Waffles

Turns out, the offices of the Russian executive are also called the White House.
In South Korea it's the Blue House.
Old 3rd July 2019, 08:23 AM   #60
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

This sends an interesting message. The Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff is attending but the other Joint Chiefs are sending deputies. The only service chief attending is the Commandant of the Coast Guard.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/07/03/polit...ent/index.html
I'm sure the message is, "I'm planning to spend the Fourth in swim trunks and flipflops, drinking beer and grilling hotdogs for the kids. So file this one under Rank Has Its Privileges, dryclean your dress blues, and go do this stupid event in my place."

Sucks for the Chairman, who occupies one of those offices with unavoidable ceremonial and political obligations. The Coast Guard doesn't get a lot of love, so I can see why the Commandant might want to suck it up and go rep his service.
Old 3rd July 2019, 08:31 AM   #61
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

This seems like a pretty deliberate snub. You don't send your deputy to stand next to the president.
Old 3rd July 2019, 08:38 AM   #62
TragicMonkey
Poisoned Waffles

This seems like a pretty deliberate snub. You don't send your deputy to stand next to the president.
Perhaps there's a rule about gathering too many highly ranked people together in the same place at the same time, to prevent making too tempting a target.
Old 3rd July 2019, 08:45 AM   #63
isissxn
Rough Around the Edges

I think you are joking, but what if this is true? This was my first thought. I know it's a little kooky, but I can't tell how kooky. I haven't been sleeping.
isissxn is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd July 2019, 08:46 AM   #64
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by TragicMonkey View Post
Perhaps there's a rule about gathering too many highly ranked people together in the same place at the same time, to prevent making too tempting a target.
Doesn't matter if there's a reasonable explanation. Doesn't matter if the explanation is even true. All that matters is whether there's a way to twist it into a believable anti-Trump lie.
Old 3rd July 2019, 08:48 AM   #65
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by isissxn View Post
I think you are joking, but what if this is true? This was my first thought. I know it's a little kooky, but I can't tell how kooky. I haven't been sleeping.
I'm going to give you the same advice Travis has been getting lately: Get off the Internet for a while. It's clearly not doing you any good.
Old 3rd July 2019, 08:50 AM   #66
isissxn
Rough Around the Edges

I'm going to give you the same advice Travis has been getting lately: Get off the Internet for a while. It's clearly not doing you any good.
I haven't been on since I yelled at that Chris guy yesterday. I had a very busy day. I guess I knew I shouldn't come back yet, but I figured a quick check of the forum when I got to my desk wouldn't do any harm. Seems I may have been wrong.

Okay, I'm going to go do actual work.
isissxn is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd July 2019, 08:53 AM   #67
TragicMonkey
Poisoned Waffles

I advise everybody to watch some cute YouTube videos between reading politics threads. Dogs swimming in pools is an excellent genre, especially if there's a slide.
Old 3rd July 2019, 08:59 AM   #68
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

They all viewed Bush laying in state together.
Old 3rd July 2019, 09:01 AM   #69
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

Doesn't matter if there's a reasonable explanation. Doesn't matter if the explanation is even true. All that matters is whether there's a way to twist it into a believable anti-Trump lie.
Like there's anything wrong with that.
Old 3rd July 2019, 09:17 AM   #70
alfaniner
Penultimate Amazing

I think the one is sufficient.
Old 3rd July 2019, 09:44 AM   #71
SuburbanTurkey
Graduate Poster

Chris B.
I think that would qualify as "New, Old Stock". Trump says there will be brand new Shermans. That I'd like to see!
Old 3rd July 2019, 09:46 AM   #72
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

Like there's anything wrong with that.
I think there's a lot wrong with it. What surprises me is that more people aren't calling it out.
Old 3rd July 2019, 09:49 AM   #73
TragicMonkey
Poisoned Waffles

I think there's a lot wrong with it. What surprises me is that more people aren't calling it out.
Indeed. If you truly believe the reality is bad enough there's no need to ginger it up with lies. That's just planting bloody gloves on OJ: not only will the lies not add to the impact of the truth, they will detract from the truth when they are exposed as lies.
Old 3rd July 2019, 09:55 AM   #74
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

Indeed. If you truly believe the reality is bad enough there's no need to ginger it up with lies. That's just planting bloody gloves on OJ: not only will the lies not add to the impact of the truth, they will detract from the truth when they are exposed as lies.
I also wonder how much of Craig's strategy is really just a circular firing squad.

We have to lie about how evil Trump is, to convince people of the true evil of Trump? But how much of what Craig believes to be the true evil of Trump is really just more lies by other people applying the same rationale?

---

Anyway, the real problem is Craig's advocacy of gulags and political mass murder.
Old 3rd July 2019, 09:57 AM   #75
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

Uranium one justifies anything and everything. No rule of honor, decency or fairness applies. The only thing that matters is removing Trump. When they go low you go high gets you a Russian whore in the Whitehouse.
Old 3rd July 2019, 10:01 AM   #76
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

I find myself wondering how long it'll be before we have giant portraits of Trump on the exterior of public buildings. You know, like his buddy Kim.
Old 3rd July 2019, 10:02 AM   #77
EvilBiker
Graduate Poster

What worries me about this is the amount of injuries to innocent bystanders from blimp-targeted rounds.

Seriously.
Old 3rd July 2019, 10:09 AM   #78
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

Uranium one justifies anything and everything. No rule of honor, decency or fairness applies. The only thing that matters is removing Trump. When they go low you go high gets you a Russian whore in the Whitehouse.
The problem with this is that I just assume your claims about Uranium One and Russian whores are part of the lie you're peddling.
---

But the real problem is your advocacy of gulags and political mass murder.
Old 3rd July 2019, 11:43 AM   #79
Horatius
NWO Kitty Wrangler

Originally Posted by isissxn View Post

See, that's the cool thing about tanks: If you're going to roll them into Congress, you really don't need a "ruse". What does Congress have on hand that could possibly stop them?
Old 3rd July 2019, 12:56 PM   #80
dmaker
Graduate Poster

Chris B.

Then how would they be "new"?
dmaker is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics