ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Trials and Errors

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags Amanda Knox , Italy cases , Meredith Kercher , murder cases , Raffaele Sollecito

Old 17th September 2020, 02:55 PM   #3361
Mojo
Mostly harmless

Sorry, I haven’t been following this thread, but was there ever any answer to this question?

"The poor mystic homeopaths feel like petted house-cats thrown at high flood on the breaking ice." - Leon Trotsky

Last edited by Mojo; 17th September 2020 at 03:02 PM. Reason: Fix link
Mojo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th September 2020, 03:29 PM   #3362
LondonJohn
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post
Sorry, I meant to say that Meredith's funeral was held in Croydon Minster/Croydon Parish Church and she's buried in Mitcham Rd. Cemetery. My allergies are flaring up so badly right now I can hardly see straight through the puffy eyes and the constant sneezing and sniffling is driving me nuts. The smoke in the air from the fires isn't helping any either. We've got the worst air pollution in the world right now.

Oh gosh yes - I didn't think about that. Must be very unpleasant. I have a friend on Vancouver Island who isn't enjoying the air quality - but I know it's significantly worse further South.
LondonJohn is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th September 2020, 03:37 PM   #3363
LondonJohn
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Mojo View Post
Sorry, I haven’t been following this thread, but was there ever any answer to this question?

Oh, ah - no.

For a start, it's something of a given that John Kercher could not have used psychic methods to "know" who killed his daughter.

The poster who wrote those words had a clear insinuation in mind. That insinuation was: "John Kercher knew that Knox and Sollecito killed his daughter". Which of course is arrant nonsense.

The horribly sad thing is that had the Perugia police, prosecutor and lower courts done their jobs properly and ethically (and lawfully) from the start, John Kercher would have long ago achieved some form of closure by knowing that it was Guede - and Guede alone - who killed his daughter.

As it was though, Meredith's entire family were emotionally pulled around all over the place by having to endure the apparent understanding that Knox and Sollecito were correctly convicted, then (no less than eight years after the murder itself...) final confirmation that the prosecution's original thesis wasn't worth the paper it was written on. I suspect that right up to the day he died, John Kercher was still conflicted and confused about things. And that's a very saddening thing to consider.
LondonJohn is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th September 2020, 10:29 PM   #3364
Bill Williams
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by LondonJohn View Post
Oh gosh yes - I didn't think about that. Must be very unpleasant. I have a friend on Vancouver Island who isn't enjoying the air quality - but I know it's significantly worse further South.
Vancouver, BC, is topping out as #2 in Air Quality misery. Portland, OR, is steady at #1 in the miserable category.
Old 22nd September 2020, 11:27 AM   #3365
TomG
Critical Thinker

Some new stuff on YouTube from Steve Moore and Jim Clemente.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbaMxD1SaQM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PwLfyDYeIAE

Hoots
Old 22nd September 2020, 02:00 PM   #3366
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

A few questions on the first podcast:

1. Was the lawyer whose laptop was stolen by Guede representing a defense case
against Mignini as claimed? I have never heard this before.

2. Did it happen more than once as claimed?

3. Did the boys downstairs tell Guede that the girls upstairs would not be home over
the holiday? That doesn’t sound plausible to me because Kercher had nowhere to
go that weekend or had she originally planned on going to England that weekend?
If so, why would the boys mention the girls’ plans to Guede?

I found the story interesting about how Moore was worried that Mignini would try to keep Knox in the country by charging her with overstaying her visa after the 2011 acquittal and his call to the Rome airport manager and how he handled that. It was good to hear how there was a line of Romans wishing Amanda well.

I like the story about about how Amanda's high school created an award for compassion just for her when she graduated. Rather puts the lie to the kind person the PGP paint her as.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd September 2020, 04:27 PM   #3367
Methos
Muse

Originally Posted by TomG View Post
Some new stuff on YouTube from Steve Moore and Jim Clemente.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbaMxD1SaQM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PwLfyDYeIAE

Hoots
Looks like this YouTube channel showed up just yesterday...
Real Crime Profile EP 37 The Death of Meredith Kercher
Real Crime Profile EP 47 Steve Moore and Analyzing Corrupt Prosecutor Giuliano Mignini
Real Crime Profile EP 48 Steve Moore on Rudy Guede's role with the police and an Amanda Knox update
Old 23rd September 2020, 08:51 AM   #3368
Bill Williams
Penultimate Amazing

I found the story interesting about how Moore was worried that Mignini would try to keep Knox in the country by charging her with overstaying her visa after the 2011 acquittal and his call to the Rome airport manager and how he handled that. It was good to hear how there was a line of Romans wishing Amanda well.
In September 2012, Jason Puracal, also of Seattle, was released from a Nicaraguan prison after being sentenced to 22 years for drug smuggling, money laundering, etc. He was released by an appeals court in Nicaragua, but had been in custody for almost two years. The thing of note in this is that there was literally no evidence supporting a charge, much less a conviction.

The webpage IIP had a thread back then covering this, and I remember someone close to the case cautioning that Puracal was not "free and clear" until "wheels up", meaning when the airplane carrying him out of the country had cleared Nicaraguan airspace.

Every once in a while, a case somewhere becomes some sort of internal litmus test. Supporters of Puracal's worried that the original prosecutors would have been so ticked-off by their Appeals Court's action, that they'd be waiting for Puracal at the prison door wanting to charge him with something, anything, merely to keep him in the country.

Same with Canadian Neil Bantleman, convicted in Indonesia under trumped up charges. Bantleman was eventually released and deported back to Canada (where he's not spoken at all about his years of false imprisonment). The reason for his silence is probably because Indonesian nationals remain in prison there for a crime which in all likelihood never happened.

Of note in Bantleman's odyssey, is that 10 of the school's cleaners had also been arrested. Only 9 had been convicted, because one had succumbed to injuries sustained during interrogation.

Sometimes a police service, court system needs to charge/convict regardless.

Last edited by Bill Williams; 23rd September 2020 at 08:57 AM.
Bill Williams is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th September 2020, 02:00 AM   #3369
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

deleted wrong thread

Last edited by Stacyhs; 25th September 2020 at 02:02 AM.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th September 2020, 02:43 AM   #3370
TomG
Critical Thinker

A few questions on the first podcast:

1. Was the lawyer whose laptop was stolen by Guede representing a defense case
against Mignini as claimed? I have never heard this before.

2. Did it happen more than once as claimed?

3. Did the boys downstairs tell Guede that the girls upstairs would not be home over
the holiday? That doesn’t sound plausible to me because Kercher had nowhere to
go that weekend or had she originally planned on going to England that weekend?
If so, why would the boys mention the girls’ plans to Guede?

I like the story about about how Amanda's high school created an award for compassion just for her when she graduated. Rather puts the lie to the kind person the PGP paint her as.
I think it comes from Nina Burleigh's book "The Fatal Gift of Beauty" (page 136-7) that refers to Brocchi and Palazzoli representing the Michele Fabiani and the Spoleto five that were protesting against the construction of a tower block on the outskirts of Perugia. It all got ugly and Fabiani was arrested and imprisoned, courtesy of Manuela Comodi. The theory being that Rudy's break-in at the the law office was an attempt to disrupt the Spoleto case. It is speculative but it supports the theory that Rudy was reporting to the cops at that stage.

Hoots
Old 26th September 2020, 03:50 PM   #3371
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

I think it comes from Nina Burleigh's book "The Fatal Gift of Beauty" (page 136-7) that refers to Brocchi and Palazzoli representing the Michele Fabiani and the Spoleto five that were protesting against the construction of a tower block on the outskirts of Perugia. It all got ugly and Fabiani was arrested and imprisoned, courtesy of Manuela Comodi. The theory being that Rudy's break-in at the the law office was an attempt to disrupt the Spoleto case. It is speculative but it supports the theory that Rudy was reporting to the cops at that stage.

Hoots
I see. Thanks. The pieces of the puzzle do fit nicely.
Old 3rd October 2020, 05:28 PM   #3372
Bill Williams
Penultimate Amazing

Nine years

Nine years.
Old 13th October 2020, 06:32 AM   #3373
TheMediaexpert
New Blood

Hello everyone I am new here.

Regarding Quennell's new post on his Tinfoil Site. After he posted the alert on Twitter I said to him that apology of Gumbel and Sollecito never happened.

He just replied that it happened and now says on his HP that Mignini will post the document in his new book.

But the best part is this Quote of his in the comment section:

"Someone on Twitter, possibly Knox, claimed that (2) above about Sollecito losing in the Florence court (actually he was forced to settle, so blatant was the book) never happened."

The poor man sees Knox behind every Corner.

Greetings

Torsten
TheMediaexpert is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th October 2020, 10:19 AM   #3374
Bill Williams
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by TheMediaexpert View Post
Hello everyone I am new here.

Regarding Quennell's new post on his Tinfoil Site. After he posted the alert on Twitter I said to him that apology of Gumbel and Sollecito never happened.

He just replied that it happened and now says on his HP that Mignini will post the document in his new book.
I have an old harddrive (harvested from an old computer) which contains about a dozen of Quennell's promises that "something" was about to happen which would reverse the acquittals, or at the very least, put the acquittals, "into a context where you'd understand that (Person X, or Agency X) had interfered." Perhaps the one prediction that he'd made that did, actually, come true was the 2013 Cassazione reversal of Hellmann's 2011 acquittals.

My favourite quote was from a now dormant devotee of Quennell's who begged him to stop making these lame predictions. Why? Because it made him look so lame. And that was from a supporter of his.

Originally Posted by TheMediaexpert View Post
But the best part is this Quote of his in the comment section:

"Someone on Twitter, possibly Knox, claimed that (2) above about Sollecito losing in the Florence court (actually he was forced to settle, so blatant was the book) never happened."

The poor man sees Knox behind every Corner.

Greetings

Torsten
Quennell seems to not know - Knox has moved on from this, and is building a niche media career from wrongful conviction work. That word "possibly" is Quennell's favourite fall-back word. There used to be a time when he'd point back to it, when one of his never ending predictions of something "possibly" happening did not work out.

The problem with his announcement that Gumbel and Sollecito would apologize to Migini, was that Quennell had not put such a qualifier on to it.

Here's a link to a recent interview with Raffaele Sollectio about the impact that his own wrongful conviction played, and still plays, in his life.

https://www.ilriformista.it/raffaele...mkb3PC-UjOnUV0

It seems Italians are more likely that North Americans to trust prosecutors and the courts, and that someone must have got off because of some imagined dietrological explanation.

Maybe the title of this thread in ISF needs to be changed to, "imaginings of Peter Quennell."

Last edited by Bill Williams; 13th October 2020 at 10:21 AM.
Bill Williams is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th October 2020, 11:57 AM   #3375
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Welcome, Torsten.

Slick Pete is trying so hard to make himself relevant. He misses having, what was, a relative position of importance during the hay days of the Kercher trials. It's rather sad...or would be if he wasn't such nasty POS.

Bill, I read the article you linked. It's so sad. I do believe Raff will always be a victim of this injustice in Italy because most Italians will always think him guilty. This statement from the article is true:

Quote:
The state is simply following in the footsteps of popular belief: in our culture there is unfortunately always the idea that if you are accused something you definitely did, even if you are then acquitted. If they can't find the evidence, it's just because you were good at hiding it. This bias is certainly fueled by the media that advertises the prosecution's evidence in a biased manner in favor of those who are conducting the investigation.
As for Quennell's assertion about the 'apology', I think it's a bunch of BS.

On another note, I'm a bit worried about our Vixen. She hasn't posted on ISF in any thread since Sept. 7. Not like her.

Last edited by Stacyhs; 13th October 2020 at 12:03 PM.
Old 16th October 2020, 02:05 AM   #3376
TomG
Critical Thinker

Originally Posted by Bill Williams View Post
I have an old harddrive (harvested from an old computer) which contains about a dozen of Quennell's promises that "something" was about to happen which would reverse the acquittals, or at the very least, put the acquittals, "into a context where you'd understand that (Person X, or Agency X) had interfered." Perhaps the one prediction that he'd made that did, actually, come true was the 2013 Cassazione reversal of Hellmann's 2011 acquittals.

My favourite quote was from a now dormant devotee of Quennell's who begged him to stop making these lame predictions. Why? Because it made him look so lame. And that was from a supporter of his.

Quennell seems to not know - Knox has moved on from this, and is building a niche media career from wrongful conviction work. That word "possibly" is Quennell's favourite fall-back word. There used to be a time when he'd point back to it, when one of his never ending predictions of something "possibly" happening did not work out.

The problem with his announcement that Gumbel and Sollecito would apologize to Migini, was that Quennell had not put such a qualifier on to it.

Here's a link to a recent interview with Raffaele Sollectio about the impact that his own wrongful conviction played, and still plays, in his life.

It seems Italians are more likely that North Americans to trust prosecutors and the courts, and that someone must have got off because of some imagined dietrological explanation.

Maybe the title of this thread in ISF needs to be changed to, "imaginings of Peter Quennell."
If I were Raffaele I'd resign my Italian citizenship and live in the Galapagos islands. To re-date 520 files on his laptop and then to render the hard-drive inoperable could only have been an attempt to destroy his alibi. This was an act of gross criminality that the investigators were able to tip-toe away from. To then deny him compensation is just a slap in the face from a corrupt judiciary.

Hoots
Old 16th October 2020, 06:53 AM   #3377
Bill Williams
Penultimate Amazing

This was an act of gross criminality that the investigators were able to tip-toe away from. To then deny him compensation is just a slap in the face from a corrupt judiciary.

Hoots
Ontario (Canada) police have just announced that they've cracked the case of Christine Jessop's 1984 murder, one in which her then neighbour, Guy Paul Morin, had been wrongfully convicted.

Morin was exonerated in 1995 by exculpatory DNA evidence. In 2020 Toronto police used genealogical DNA profiling to identify the real killer, who himself had committed suicide in 2015.

The Kaufmann Commission looked into the minutiae of how Morin had been firstly suspected and eventually convicted. There had actually been no reason to suspect him, and less to convict him. Kaufmann criticizes mercilessly the forensics lab, which had signed off on what ended up being fraudulent fibre and hair forensics presented in court.

The parallels with the Sollecito/Knox case are chilling. Kaufmann has a section on investigative confirmation bias and tunnel vision, including noting that investigators **still** believe Morin is guilty, despite the DNA exoneration and collapse of the fibre and hair evidence.

At least Morin eventually got financial compensation.
Old 16th October 2020, 09:05 AM   #3378
Numbers
Philosopher

Talking

If I were Raffaele I'd resign my Italian citizenship and live in the Galapagos islands. To re-date 520 files on his laptop and then to render the hard-drive inoperable could only have been an attempt to destroy his alibi. This was an act of gross criminality that the investigators were able to tip-toe away from. To then deny him compensation is just a slap in the face from a corrupt judiciary.

Hoots
For those who haven't yet read the article (or a translation), it includes, as I understand the Google translation to state, the new information that Sollecito has pursued a new civil lawsuit against the judiciary [including police and prosecutors?] (the Italian term used in the article is "togati", translating literally to "judges") for alleged "willful misconduct or gross negligence". The lawsuit was rejected recently by a first-instance court, in Genoa, and Sollecito and his lawyers are now appealing that decision.

The article also states that he continues to face social and professional (job-related) prejudice, as has his sister Vanessa, who had been a member of the Carabinieri but was stigmatized and dismissed after he was unfairly arrested and charged.

Last edited by Numbers; 16th October 2020 at 09:09 AM.
Numbers is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th October 2020, 11:28 AM   #3379
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

The parallels with the Sollecito/Knox case are chilling. Kaufmann has a section on investigative confirmation bias and tunnel vision, including noting that investigators **still** believe Morin is guilty, despite the DNA exoneration and collapse of the fibre and hair evidence.

At least Morin eventually got financial compensation.
Some people are incapable of admitting they are wrong no matter the evidence proving they are, in fact, wrong. Is it an insecurity problem? For example, Trump is an extreme narcissist and never admits he's wrong. He still claims the Central Park 5 are guilty despite DNA exoneration and the confession of the real rapist.

When police/investigators cannot admit they made a mistake due to tunnel vision and/or investigative confirmation bias in a case then it prevents them from repeating it. They do not learn.
Old 16th October 2020, 12:46 PM   #3380
Bill Williams
Penultimate Amazing

Some people are incapable of admitting they are wrong no matter the evidence proving they are, in fact, wrong. Is it an insecurity problem? For example, Trump is an extreme narcissist and never admits he's wrong. He still claims the Central Park 5 are guilty despite DNA exoneration and the confession of the real rapist.

When police/investigators cannot admit they made a mistake due to tunnel vision and/or investigative confirmation bias in a case then it prevents them from repeating it. They do not learn.
In another parallel with the Knox/Sollecito wrongful prosecutions, the E.D. of the Canadian Innocence Project made comments about the Morin case on Canadian radio this morning. This is in the wake of yesterday's announcement that another, now deceased, perp had been proven to match the DNA in the murdered girl's body.

He was asked, "Why was Morin even suspected to begin with?"

He answered (paraphrase): "You have to remember that they didn't seriously look into Morin as a serious suspect until month's later. At that point the police had run out of suspects. Then one cop remembered that on the first day of Jessop's disappearance, he'd been at the next-door neighbour's house, the Morins, asking them if they'd seen the little girl."

"It was months' later, with all leads dried up, that they started on Guy Paul Morin, who a cop had said had once acted inappropriately that first day, when the whole family was being interviewed. Morin, indeed, is an odd fellow, and speaks in a manner that tends to be atypical to begin with. Once law enforcement decided that he (Morin) might be the guy, they started to build a case around his idiosyncrasies. Rather than letting the evidence pave the way to prove him as a suspect, they let the fact of him being a suspect pave the way to interpret the evidence."

The innocence project guy was asked if Canadian law enforcement had learned anything from the rock-solid, and eventual exoneration of Morin. He said that "guard rails have been put into place that had not been there before, but it is very easy just to blow through them. The issue is tunnel vision and confirmation bias."

He said that there are about 65 to 70 cases in Canada still to be looked at by the Innocence Project, but it is time-consuming and expensive to do it - particularly when lined up against the unlimited resources available to the state.

But when he was speaking, it was not hard to think of the discussion we've had in this thread (!) about Sollecito/Knox, or even in other threads like for Nyki Kish.

The innocence Project guy reiterated something that has been posted here.... the victims of this are first and foremost the family of the murdered person. While not "secondarily" at all, another full fledged victim of this was Guy Paul Morin, and especially his family who have also been dragged through a very specific kind of hell, even after Morin's exoneration.

Last edited by Bill Williams; 16th October 2020 at 12:51 PM.
Old 16th October 2020, 02:36 PM   #3381
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

"Rather than letting the evidence pave the way to prove him as a suspect, they let the fact of him being a suspect pave the way to interpret the evidence."

Suspect centered investigation. Hmmm...sounds familiar somehow.

Oh, look... a footprint size 37: must be Amanda's! (Did you compare it to the other 3 girls who lived in the house? Um... no.)
Old 17th October 2020, 03:54 PM   #3382
TomG
Critical Thinker

"Rather than letting the evidence pave the way to prove him as a suspect, they let the fact of him being a suspect pave the way to interpret the evidence."

Suspect centered investigation. Hmmm...sounds familiar somehow.

Oh, look... a footprint size 37: must be Amanda's! (Did you compare it to the other 3 girls who lived in the house? Um... no.)
Did any of Amanda's existing footwear correspond to the size 37 shoeprint? Um...no.
Did the alleged footprint exist anywhere else at the crime scene our extend out from Meredith's bedroom? Um... no
Did the alleged bloody footprints extend from the hallway into Meredith's room? Um... no
Does any of this make any sense: Um.................TBA.

Hoots
Old 17th October 2020, 05:47 PM   #3383
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Did any of Amanda's existing footwear correspond to the size 37 shoeprint? Um...no.
Did the alleged footprint exist anywhere else at the crime scene our extend out from Meredith's bedroom? Um... no
Did the alleged bloody footprints extend from the hallway into Meredith's room? Um... no
Does any of this make any sense: Um.................TBA.

Hoots
There was no woman's size 37 shoe print. It was a partial print of Guede's as Vinci later proved.

It wasn't even a woman's shoe print I was referring to. It was the luminol footprint that had no DNA and was blood negative but that Massei designated as being Amanda's in Meredith's blood. Based on what? It could have belonged to Laura, Filomena or even Meredith. It wasn't even in blood as it was TMB negative.
Old 19th October 2020, 05:03 AM   #3384
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing

Welcome, Torsten.

Slick Pete is trying so hard to make himself relevant. He misses having, what was, a relative position of importance during the hay days of the Kercher trials. It's rather sad...or would be if he wasn't such nasty POS.

Bill, I read the article you linked. It's so sad. I do believe Raff will always be a victim of this injustice in Italy because most Italians will always think him guilty. This statement from the article is true:

As for Quennell's assertion about the 'apology', I think it's a bunch of BS.

On another note, I'm a bit worried about our Vixen. She hasn't posted on ISF in any thread since Sept. 7. Not like her.
I am well, thanks.

vilken tröst, vad än som kommer på!
Vixen is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th October 2020, 05:22 AM   #3385
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing

Just wanted to share this with you:

Quote:
His lawyers, Giulia Bongiorno and Luca Maori, had asked the Genoa court for 3.6 million euros for material and non-material damages.

The process played out in a Genoa court since, as Marco Preve explains well in an article in La Repubblica, the Ligurian capital has jurisdiction over judicial matters involving Florentine magistrates, and the Florence Court of Appeal was the one that convicted Sollecito and his ex-girlfriend Amanda Knox before the final acquittal.

Sollecito’s defense team had highlighted how the client had been found guilty and locked up in prison for “multiple misrepresentations of facts and evidence”.

Nonetheless, the court of Genoa sent the request back to the sender, arguing that ‘’ such reconstructions - although they may not be agreed with and be criticized - nevertheless demonstrate that the Florence Appeal sentenced them following a fair analysis and argued process..

The claims to the Genoa court had included this: that the psychological strains of the stormy judicial affair involving the 37-year-old are still being felt. Sollecito’s claims are attached to the documents of the Genoa court judgment.

“He will have to take drugs for the rest of his life for an anxious-depressive syndrome, difficulty concentrating, sleep disturbances, hypervigidity [this may mean hypervigilance], ease of crying, despair, low self-esteem, and extensive and extreme, behavioral isolation.”

Not to mention the costs of legal fees, E400 thousand already paid by mortgaging family properties, and the balance due to the legal team: E330,189.21 to the lawyer Bongiorno and E336,022.92 to the lawyer Maori.

In short, in addition to the damage also an insult. A very barbed joke.
http://www.truejustice.org/ee/index.php

One has to wonder whether nobody thought to have a word in Sollecito's shell like that taking twelve establishment judges to court was not going to end well for him.

But then we always knew his judgement was poor:
  • Not only did he indulge in LSD, cocaine and the occcult, he bragged about it on his FB page.
  • Tried initially to blame everything on Knox, telling his father, 'I wish I had never met her'.
  • Told police he had been 'talking a sack of ****' in his first police statement in which he claimed she had been with him all evening.
  • Went on to claim Knox had asked him to lie for her.
  • Then he changed his story and claimed in his book that he was gallantly covering up for Knox (hence, 'Honor Bound' ).
  • Thought it would be a great idea to have child kidnapper/murderer, Alessi, and Mafia thug, Aviello, as his star witnesses.
  • Went to the Austrian border as though to cross it whilst on bail and ordered to stay in Italy.
  • Thought it a brilliant idea to schlep over to America and ask Knox to marry him, to avoid future extradition.
  • Thought it would be fun during the appeal process to film Marilyn Manson burning a Bible, in Catholic Italy.
  • Left his bloody footprint on the bathmat and his DNA on the murder victim's bra.
  • Thought he'd claim €500,000 from the Italian Courts for wrongful time spent on remand and in jail.
  • Started a closed Facebook page discussing how to murder people.
  • Decided to sue twelve judges.
  • Has no clue as to how his own behaviour might have brought about his own sorry consequences.

Vixen is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th October 2020, 05:50 AM   #3386
Briars
Graduate Poster

In the midst of the BLM movement someone should let the boy know that substituting any black face for another is not ok. His Instagram post with grinning mask mocking Lumumba and his shoes is who Sollecito still is.
Briars is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th October 2020, 06:49 AM   #3387
Bill Williams
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Vixen View Post
Just wanted to share this with you:

http://www.truejustice.org/ee/index.php

One has to wonder whether nobody thought to have a word in Sollecito's shell like that taking twelve establishment judges to court was not going to end well for him.

But then we always knew his judgement was poor:
  • Not only did he indulge in LSD, cocaine and the occcult, he bragged about it on his FB page.
  • Tried initially to blame everything on Knox, telling his father, 'I wish I had never met her'.
  • Told police he had been 'talking a sack of ****' in his first police statement in which he claimed she had been with him all evening.
  • Went on to claim Knox had asked him to lie for her.
  • Then he changed his story and claimed in his book that he was gallantly covering up for Knox (hence, 'Honor Bound' ).
  • Thought it would be a great idea to have child kidnapper/murderer, Alessi, and Mafia thug, Aviello, as his star witnesses.
  • Went to the Austrian border as though to cross it whilst on bail and ordered to stay in Italy.
  • Thought it a brilliant idea to schlep over to America and ask Knox to marry him, to avoid future extradition.
  • Thought it would be fun during the appeal process to film Marilyn Manson burning a Bible, in Catholic Italy.
  • Left his bloody footprint on the bathmat and his DNA on the murder victim's bra.
  • Thought he'd claim €500,000 from the Italian Courts for wrongful time spent on remand and in jail.
  • Started a closed Facebook page discussing how to murder people.
  • Decided to sue twelve judges.
  • Has no clue as to how his own behaviour might have brought about his own sorry consequences.
Wow. What a load of who-ee. Then I saw it was from TJMK.

Care to address any of your false factoids which are still pending? Or have you just hit reset, and we're going to be treated to another trip around the merry-go-round?
Old 19th October 2020, 07:00 AM   #3388
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Briars View Post
In the midst of the BLM movement someone should let the boy know that substituting any black face for another is not ok. His Instagram post with grinning mask mocking Lumumba and his shoes is who Sollecito still is.
Not able to see it as I don't 'follow' him (small mercy) but it shows his complete lack of common decency. Perhaps he'll be suing Lumumba next to recoup some of the €1.2m he claims he owes in debts. The revenge of the abandoned son on his father!

On a note of schadenfreude: what a shame Bongiorno and Maori have never received a penny of their fees, so far.

Karma.

Old 19th October 2020, 07:05 AM   #3389
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing

Wow. What a load of who-ee. Then I saw it was from TJMK.

Care to address any of your false factoids which are still pending? Or have you just hit reset, and we're going to be treated to another trip around the merry-go-round?
No. John and Arline Kercher have gone, the siblings are grown up with families of their own. This is what happens when corruption enters the picture. The Kerchers were good, decent people having to fund their trips to the courts themselves. Integrity of character, goodness and kindness is something money cannot buy and something Knox and Sollecito will never have or be happy. Sollecito walks in darkness and knows not why he stumbles and falls. He is reliant on strong anti-depressants and has fits of crying. And he cannot understand why and where his life has gone wrong.

Old 19th October 2020, 07:32 AM   #3390
Bill Williams
Penultimate Amazing

No. John and Arline Kercher have gone, the siblings are grown up with families of their own. This is what happens when corruption enters the picture. The Kerchers were good, decent people having to fund their trips to the courts themselves. Integrity of character, goodness and kindness is something money cannot buy and something Knox and Sollecito will never have or be happy. Sollecito walks in darkness and knows not why he stumbles and falls. He is reliant on strong anti-depressants and has fits of crying. And he cannot understand why and where his life has gone wrong.
Huh!?
Old 19th October 2020, 07:47 AM   #3391
Bill Williams
Penultimate Amazing

No. John and Arline Kercher have gone, the siblings are grown up with families of their own. This is what happens when corruption enters the picture. The Kerchers were good, decent people having to fund their trips to the courts themselves. Integrity of character, goodness and kindness is something money cannot buy and something Knox and Sollecito will never have or be happy.
Is there a particular reason why you're not leaving the Kerchers alone, like Andrea Vogt (back in 2015) implored people to do?
Sollecito walks in darkness and knows not why he stumbles and falls. He is reliant on strong anti-depressants and has fits of crying. And he cannot understand why and where his life has gone wrong.
Can you give some detail as to how you know any of this? I mean, you've never met the guy, nor have you analyzed him in a controlled clinical setting.

I mean, Giuliano Mignini was once, quite publicly, called evil by someone who'd seen him in person. Does that make him evil?
Old 19th October 2020, 08:20 AM   #3392
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing

Is there a particular reason why you're not leaving the Kerchers alone, like Andrea Vogt (back in 2015) implored people to do?

Can you give some detail as to how you know any of this? I mean, you've never met the guy, nor have you analyzed him in a controlled clinical setting.

I mean, Giuliano Mignini was once, quite publicly, called evil by someone who'd seen him in person. Does that make him evil?
The difference between Mignini and Sollecito is that Mignini is merely performing the job he is paid to do as the state prosecutor. If you do not want to cross the path of an evil prosecutor, cop or prison warden, don't do the crime!

Meredith Kercher had no choice in Knox, Guede and Sollecito crossing her path.

That is the difference.

Last edited by Vixen; 19th October 2020 at 08:21 AM.
Old 19th October 2020, 11:08 AM   #3393
Bill Williams
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Bill Williams

The difference between Mignini and Sollecito is that Mignini is merely performing the job he is paid to do as the state prosecutor. If you do not want to cross the path of an evil prosecutor, cop or prison warden, don't do the crime!

Meredith Kercher had no choice in Knox, Guede and Sollecito crossing her path.

That is the difference.
This response makes no sense. Please note, the question I asked is highlighted above....
All of us here in this thread, in the year 2020, also have a choice. If some here don't want to cross the path of people who they regard, also, as evil - stop posting about them!

But again - why continue the upset that the Kerchers must feel, every time someone tries to open up this closed case, to go on and on about how evil they think someone else is? It is Andrea Vogt, no less, who criticized even well-meaning guilters for continuing after the March 2015 decision to exonerate AK and RS. Those aren't my words, they are AV's words, someone who also probably believes AK and RS got away with something, but decided to withdraw for the sake of the Kerchers.

Again, can you give some detail as to how you know any of this? I mean, you've never met Raffaele Sollecito, nor have you analyzed him in a controlled clinical setting. And yet you are confident that:

Sollecito walks in darkness and knows not why he stumbles and falls. He is reliant on strong anti-depressants and has fits of crying. And he cannot understand why and where his life has gone wrong.

How do you know this?

Last edited by Bill Williams; 19th October 2020 at 11:11 AM.
Old 19th October 2020, 11:39 AM   #3394
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

I'm not going to bother with Vixen's long list above. As Bill says, we've been gone been around that carousel many a time. But I do love this bit from Slick Pete:
Quote:
While the Giornale reporter Rosa Scognamiglio has done quite a good job, she is wrong to imply that Guede acted alone; that was not the final ruling of the Supreme Court.
Petey is implying it was the Marasca SC that ruled that. In reality, it was established in 2009 by the SC that confirmed Guede's conviction that he didn't act alone. But here we have a conundrum for the Marasca court; a previous SC judicial 'set in stone' truth vs an "insurmountable roadblock" of the complete "absence, in the room of the homicide or on the victim’s body, of biological traces attributable with certainty to the two defendants, when, in contrast, there copious traces have been detected firmly referable to Guede." So what to do? They dealt with it the only way the could without upsetting the Italian judicial system: acquitting AK and RS but without confronting the previous SC ruling.

ETA: For years I asked for an example of a SC ruling that overruled a previous SC ruling. I've never been given one. Please don't present the "tight jeans" as an example because, the later one did not overrule the previous case. They covered two different cases.

Last edited by Stacyhs; 19th October 2020 at 11:55 AM.
Old 19th October 2020, 11:51 AM   #3395
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

We know John K has died. But no evidence of Arline having died has ever been presented. The only 'evidence' is the say-so of Raper. The employee of the cemetery where Meredith is buried, and where Raper claims Arline is buried, says there is no record of Arline being buried there. There are no media reports of her death. No tweets from family or friends. No announcements. Zero. Just Raper's claim. Sooo......do you have any evidence or are you just repeating his unsubstantiated claim?
Old 19th October 2020, 11:53 AM   #3396
Bill Williams
Penultimate Amazing

I'm not going to bother with Vixen's long list above. As Bill says, we've been gone been around that carousel many a time. But I do love this bit from Slick Pete:

Quote:
While the Giornale reporter Rosa Scognamiglio has done quite a good job, she is wrong to imply that Guede acted alone; that was not the final ruling of the Supreme Court.
Petey is implying it was the Marasca SC that ruled that. In reality, it was established in 2009 by the SC that confirmed Guede's conviction that he didn't act alone. But here we have a conundrum for the Marasca court; a previous SC judicial 'set in stone' truth vs an "insurmountable roadblock" of the complete "absence, in the room of the homicide or on the victim’s body, of biological traces attributable with certainty to the two defendants, when, in contrast, there copious traces have been detected firmly referable to Guede." So what to do? They dealt with it the only way the could without upsetting the Italian judicial system: acquitting AK and RS but without confronting the previous SC ruling.

ETA: For years I asked for an example of a SC ruling that negated a previous SC ruling within the same case such as this one. I've never been given one.
Ah, yes, the dreaded "judicial truth". Pete on TJMK always does this, it's almost like he doesn't really care about the timeline associated with certain factoids. Like the "multiple attacker" factoid.

Strictly speaking, the final ISC acquittal did not specifically "rule" that this was so. It simply accepted that a past-ISC ruling had found that. In fact, the 2015 Marasca-Bruno court came to exactly the same conclusion that the 2011 Hellmann appeals' court came to.... the only point of interest in that factoid.....

..... were either AK or RS one or both of those multiples! Hellmann said no, as did the Marasca-Bruno court in 2015, and it was not up to them to find out who those other theorized people were.

Please note, though. When Luca Cheli wrote his analysis of the Marasca-Bruno report, he did concede that there was one other "judicial truth" that the MB court probably did regard as true-true, rather than just judicially true. From memory, I think Cheli's opinion was that this was the calunnia conviction Knox received for accusing Lumumba.

Then again, the Council of Europe (ECHR) later found that that conviction had been unsafe and unfairly arrived at. It directed Italy to remedy the conviction and to provide compensation to Knox.

My wish for people like Quennell and those who read TJMK is that they actually DO delve into the minutiae of things, like timelines for factoids, rather than say (wrongly) that the MB report ruled on something they never really ruled on.

Last edited by Bill Williams; 19th October 2020 at 12:01 PM.
Old 19th October 2020, 11:54 AM   #3397
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing

This response makes no sense. Please note, the question I asked is highlighted above....
All of us here in this thread, in the year 2020, also have a choice. If some here don't want to cross the path of people who they regard, also, as evil - stop posting about them!

But again - why continue the upset that the Kerchers must feel, every time someone tries to open up this closed case, to go on and on about how evil they think someone else is? It is Andrea Vogt, no less, who criticized even well-meaning guilters for continuing after the March 2015 decision to exonerate AK and RS. Those aren't my words, they are AV's words, someone who also probably believes AK and RS got away with something, but decided to withdraw for the sake of the Kerchers.

Again, can you give some detail as to how you know any of this? I mean, you've never met Raffaele Sollecito, nor have you analyzed him in a controlled clinical setting. And yet you are confident that:

How do you know this?
He says so in his own submissions to the court.

Quote:
The claims to the Genoa court had included this: that the psychological strains of the stormy judicial affair involving the 37-year-old are still being felt. Sollecito’s claims are attached to the documents of the Genoa court judgment.

“He will have to take drugs for the rest of his life for an anxious-depressive syndrome, difficulty concentrating, sleep disturbances, hypervigidity [this may mean hypervigilance], ease of crying, despair, low self-esteem, and extensive and extreme, behavioral isolation.”
I don't know about you but there is a direct correlation between being sent to jail and stabbing someone in the neck with your collection of fetish knives, tearing off your victim's bra and leaving a substantial amount of your DNA on the twisted out of shape bra-hook, leaving your footprint in your victim's blood on the bathmat and telling police numerous lies and providing false alibis. Maybe one day the penny will drop with Sollecito and he will seek help for his personality disorder that gives him a need to shock and outrage people.

As for your question, it is not the done thing to answer a rhetorical question.

Lastly, you were the one who introduced the concept of 'evil' so may I suggest you start a thread on this fascinating topic in the Philosophy / Religion section?

Old 19th October 2020, 12:01 PM   #3398
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing

We know John K has died. But no evidence of Arline having died has ever been presented. The only 'evidence' is the say-so of Raper. The employee of the cemetery where Meredith is buried, and where Raper claims Arline is buried, says there is no record of Arline being buried there. There are no media reports of her death. No tweets from family or friends. No announcements. Zero. Just Raper's claim. Sooo......do you have any evidence or are you just repeating his unsubstantiated claim?
James Raper - his real name - is or was a defence lawyer. He is an entirely trustworthy source. He knew the family and often dropped by messages for them in person. James Raper said Arline is buried next to Meredith, so if the clerk at the gate cannot find Arline on her list of graves, ask them simply look up Meredith instead. It is possible, having divorced Arline reverted to a maiden name. Who knows? Or perhaps she used her middle name. It is a common practice.

Old 19th October 2020, 12:37 PM   #3399
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

James Raper - his real name - is or was a defence lawyer. He is an entirely trustworthy source. He knew the family and often dropped by messages for them in person. James Raper said Arline is buried next to Meredith, so if the clerk at the gate cannot find Arline on her list of graves, ask them simply look up Meredith instead. It is possible, having divorced Arline reverted to a maiden name. Who knows? Or perhaps she used her middle name. It is a common practice.
The clerk at the gate? Oh, come now. The person looked it up in the cemetery computer burial records. Arline is not listed there. Why would she be buried under her maiden name? She had never reverted to her maiden name after her divorce and continued to be known as Arline Kercher. And why would she look it up under Meredith? If Arline Kercher had died, it would have been reported somewhere in the media. It wasn't.
So, just as I thought, you are simply repeating an unsubstantiated claim by one person.
Old 19th October 2020, 12:43 PM   #3400
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

He says so in his own submissions to the court.

I don't know about you but there is a direct correlation between being sent to jail and stabbing someone in the neck with your collection of fetish knives, tearing off your victim's bra and leaving a substantial amount of your DNA on the twisted out of shape bra-hook, leaving your footprint in your victim's blood on the bathmat and telling police numerous lies and providing false alibis. Maybe one day the penny will drop with Sollecito and he will seek help for his personality disorder that gives him a need to shock and outrage people.

As for your question, it is not the done thing to answer a rhetorical question.

Lastly, you were the one who introduced the concept of 'evil' so may I suggest you start a thread on this fascinating topic in the Philosophy / Religion section?
There could well be a correlation. So, if you could connect RS with stabbing someone in the neck with your collection of fetish knives, tearing off your victim's bra and leaving a substantial amount of your DNA on the twisted out of shape bra-hook, leaving your footprint in your victim's blood on the bathmat then you might have a point. But until the.....

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Trials and Errors