IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags donald trump , Trump administration , Trump controversies

Old 6th January 2021, 01:49 PM   #121
TragicMonkey
Poisoned Waffles

I guess the US has finally joined the club of **** hole nations that Trump mentioned a while back. Can we at least chair the club, from a makeshift toilet?
Old 6th January 2021, 01:50 PM   #122
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Mike Pence tweets

@Mike_Pence
Peaceful protest is the right of every American but this attack on our Capitol will not be tolerated and those involved will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.
Captain_Swoop is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th January 2021, 01:50 PM   #123
Bob001
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Captain_Swoop View Post
Your government was driven out of it's own chamber and seat of power by terrorists. They are cowering in a bunker somewhere.

If there is a time to start shooting this is it.

That only incites the crazies. They still talk about Waco and Ruby Ridge. That's not the solution.
Bob001 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th January 2021, 01:50 PM   #124
TragicMonkey
Poisoned Waffles

White House Press Secretary Kayleigh McEnany:

"At President Trumpís direction, the National Guard is on the way along with other federal protective services. We reiterate President Trumpís call against violence and to remain peaceful."
Which side did Trump direct the National Guard to take?
Old 6th January 2021, 01:53 PM   #125
Mader Levap
Graduate Poster

ANADOLU AGENCY (ENG) tweets

@anadoluagency
#BREAKING Turkey invites all parties in US to use moderation, common sense to overcome this domestic political crisis

Turkey concerned over developments in US, urges calm and lawful solution to problems, says parliament head
I am sure dictators of the world, including China and Russia, have good laugh right now.
Old 6th January 2021, 01:54 PM   #126
JoeMorgue
Self Employed
Remittance Man

Originally Posted by Bob001 View Post
That only incites the crazies. They still talk about Waco and Ruby Ridge. That's not the solution.
We're at "armed coup attempt." WHat are we waiting for them to try and summon Cthulhu?

Stop downplaying this.
JoeMorgue is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th January 2021, 01:54 PM   #127
Armitage72
Philosopher

"At President Trumpís direction, the National Guard is on the way along with other federal protective services. We reiterate President Trumpís call against violence and to remain peaceful."

That ship has not only sailed, it's reached the far port and has started selling its cargo.
Armitage72 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th January 2021, 01:55 PM   #128
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Mader Levap View Post
I am sure dictators of the world, including China and Russia, have good laugh right now.
Oh, the Vodka is being poured in Putin's office.

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th January 2021, 01:55 PM   #129
timhau
NWO Litter Technician

Location: Looks like Finland. Smells like Finland. Quacks like Finland. Where the hell am I?

Trump throwing MAGAmorons under the bus?

You know he absolutely will, if he thinks that will get him out of trouble.
Old 6th January 2021, 01:56 PM   #130
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Bob001 View Post
They are the crazies. they have driven the government of the United States out of the Capitol and are occupying it.

Your government is powerless to stop them it seems and they are doing it with the encouragement of the President.
he is the one that told them to go up to the Capitol and make their feelings known and 'stop the steal'
Captain_Swoop is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th January 2021, 01:57 PM   #131
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by JoeMorgue View Post
We're at "armed coup attempt." WHat are we waiting for them to try and summon Cthulhu?

Stop downplaying this.
THIS.
That is why I am not a pacifist. Pascifism means turning over the world to evil.
I guess we should no t have gone to war with Japan after Pearl Harbor because that would "inflame" them.

Robert Heinlein.

Last edited by dudalb; 6th January 2021 at 01:58 PM.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th January 2021, 01:57 PM   #132
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

@Mike_Pence has just UNFOLLOWED @realDonaldTrump on Twitter .

Bet it’sawkward in that safe bunker right now
Old 6th January 2021, 02:00 PM   #133
Mader Levap
Graduate Poster

@Mike_Pence has just UNFOLLOWED @realDonaldTrump on Twitter .
This is most surrealistic thing that happened to date.

Hypothesis: we all live in simulation for last 4 years.
Old 6th January 2021, 02:01 PM   #134
JoeMorgue
Self Employed
Remittance Man

Originally Posted by Mader Levap View Post
This is most surrealistic thing that happened to date.

Hypothesis: we all live in simulation for last 4 years.
At this point I'd settle for waking up in cart in Skyrim on the way to my execution.
JoeMorgue is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th January 2021, 02:02 PM   #135
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Laura Ingraham is on Fox News at the moment trying to pin the blame for violence at the Capitol on antifa
Old 6th January 2021, 02:03 PM   #136
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

Laura Ingraham is on Fox News at the moment trying to pin the blame for violence at the Capitol on antifa

That's not just spin, it's insane.
Old 6th January 2021, 02:04 PM   #137
turingtest
Mistral, mistral wind...

They are the crazies. they have driven the government of the United States out of the Capitol and are occupying it.

Your government is powerless to stop them it seems and they are doing it with the encouragement of the President.
he is the one that told them to go up to the Capitol and make their feelings known and 'stop the steal'
I'm guessing Giuliani's "letís have trial by combat!" didn't help things any either.

Life was a short shelf that came with bookends- Stephen King
turingtest is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th January 2021, 02:08 PM   #138
MRC_Hans
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Ladewig View Post
Why not?

Before he was president they covered him even though he had nothing sensible to say.

For years CNN let him call in and ramble on about shocking Birther evidence he was really close to releasing. Really, really close. And really, really shocking.
Really? Well, perhaps we should just .... disband the USA.

Hans
Old 6th January 2021, 02:10 PM   #139
turingtest
Mistral, mistral wind...

Originally Posted by acbytesla View Post

That's not just spin, it's insane.
Gotta be the ever-popular "see? SEE? Look what you made us do!"

turingtest is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th January 2021, 02:11 PM   #140
Darat
Lackey
Administrator

Mod InfoThe Washington insurrection is being talked about across multiple threads, can we try to keep it to one thread: http://www.internationalskeptics.com...d.php?t=348790
Posted By:Darat
Old 6th January 2021, 02:18 PM   #141
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Twitter affixed a label to Trump's latest tweet saying it "can't be replied to, Retweeted, or liked due to a risk of violence."
Old 6th January 2021, 02:21 PM   #142
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

The Gentlemen in my avatar said in 1861 "There are but two parties now; Patriots and Traitors".
Time for many in the GOP to decide which they are.
I saw footage of the equestrian statue of General Grant in from of the Capitol being surrounded by traitors. I could almost see the ghost of Grant trying to posses the statue, drew his sabre, and charge the bastards.

Robert Heinlein.

Last edited by dudalb; 6th January 2021 at 02:26 PM.
Old 6th January 2021, 02:26 PM   #143
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

It's now a footnote, but the electoin has been called in Georgia for Ossof.

Robert Heinlein.
Old 6th January 2021, 02:36 PM   #144
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Originally Posted by kookbreaker View Post
A bow and arrow against the lightning.
You misspelled feckless ****.

George Will on
President Donald J. Trump.
June 1, 2020
Resume is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th January 2021, 02:44 PM   #145
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Pence has unfollowed Trump and put Biden-Harris as his banner on Twitter.
Has a Vice-President ever left their position before the transition has taken place?
Old 6th January 2021, 02:47 PM   #146
The Don
Penultimate Amazing

Will Trump pardon anyone arrested as part of the insurrection ?
The Don is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th January 2021, 02:54 PM   #147
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Protestors are saying they will be back with with weapons next time....

Robert Heinlein.
Old 6th January 2021, 02:57 PM   #148
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

25th now, for the good of the country.

George Will on
June 1, 2020
Resume is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th January 2021, 03:09 PM   #149
turingtest
Mistral, mistral wind...

Originally Posted by dudalb View Post
Protestors are saying they will be back with with weapons next time....
For anyone who might think DC's gun control laws are too strict, I'd like to ask- how do you think all this would have played out today if these rioters had had weapons with them this time? Do you think it would have been a bunch of good guys with guns stopping the bad guys with guns, but no way to tell the difference between the two?

Old 6th January 2021, 03:10 PM   #150
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Originally Posted by turingtest View Post
For anyone who might think DC's gun control laws are too strict, I'd like to ask- how do you think all this would have played out today if these rioters had had weapons with them this time? Do you think it would have been a bunch of good guys with guns stopping the bad guys with guns, but no way to tell the difference between the two?
I think some were armed.

George Will on
June 1, 2020
Old 6th January 2021, 03:11 PM   #151
kookbreaker
Evil Fokker

Originally Posted by turingtest View Post
I also wonder if DCís stricter gun laws are a legacy of the Black Panthers era (when suddenly right-wingers are all about gun control...for certain people).

Thanks for helping me win Best Toys in Philly Voter in 2011,2012, and 2014! We won' be discussing the disappointment that was 2013.
kookbreaker is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th January 2021, 03:13 PM   #152
dirtywick
Master Poster

a crowd of angry people with guns is a scary situation
dirtywick is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th January 2021, 03:18 PM   #153
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Originally Posted by dirtywick View Post
a crowd of angry people with guns is a scary situation
They've already arrested and confiscated some guns; every single one of them carrying, open or concealed, should be arrested.

George Will on
June 1, 2020
Old 6th January 2021, 03:22 PM   #154
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

David Cicilline Congressman for Rhode Island’s 1st District tweeted

@davidcicilline
Vice President Pence can help put down this attempted coup if he wants to.
I’m circulating a letter urging him to invoke the 25th Amendment to remove Trump from office.
If he doesn’t, then Congress should go ahead and impeach the President.
Old 6th January 2021, 03:23 PM   #155
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Ilhan Omar tweets

@IlhanMN
Rest assured, this day will not end without us finishing the work Congress is supposed to carry out.

We will not let our Constitution be trampled on by a mob and threaten by a tyrant.
Democracy will prevail.

I am drawing up Articles of Impeachment.
Donald J. Trump should be impeached by the House of Representatives & removed from office by the United States Senate.

We can’t allow him to remain in office, it’s a matter of preserving our Republic and we need to fulfill our oath.
Old 6th January 2021, 03:24 PM   #156
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Interviews with the insurrectioinst saying this is just the beginning.
This is not going to have a peaceful ending.

Robert Heinlein.
Old 6th January 2021, 03:25 PM   #157
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

A reminder that our own UK Foreign Secretary was so desperate not to offend Trump he wouldn’t even say all votes should be counted in a democratic election.
Old 6th January 2021, 03:26 PM   #158
dirtywick
Master Poster

i think they could probably get the votes to impeach after this week.

i'm sure there was a couple of GOP congressmen that thought that was awesome and great for the brand, but i'm sure there were plenty that were legitimately afraid. trump's nonsense is getting pretty close to home for them
dirtywick is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th January 2021, 03:27 PM   #159
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

The Insurrectionist are totally unrepentent. Saying it is just beginning.
Time to shoot a few of these traitors.

Robert Heinlein.
Old 6th January 2021, 03:27 PM   #160
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

Pence has unfollowed Trump and put Biden-Harris as his banner on Twitter.
Has a Vice-President ever left their position before the transition has taken place?
I don't see Biden Harris banner on his Twitter page. I see him standing in front of a very racially diverse class of children holding little US flags.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics