IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Social Issues & Current Events

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags Capitol riot , donald trump , protest incidents , Trump controversies , Washington DC incidents

Old 6th January 2021, 08:55 PM   #321
johnny karate
... and your little dog too.

Originally Posted by SuburbanTurkey View Post
Guy showing off mail he stole off Pelosi's desk during the fash riot. Not even trying to conceal his identity or criminal acts

https://twitter.com/AllMattNYT/statu...421578754?s=19
To paraphrase what I saw on Twitter earlier, is there anyone who still needs white privilege explained to them?
johnny karate is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th January 2021, 08:56 PM   #322
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Guy showing off mail he stole off Pelosi's desk during the fash riot. Not even trying to conceal his identity or criminal acts

https://twitter.com/AllMattNYT/statu...421578754?s=19
Boy, will be be surprised when the FBI shows up on his door....

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th January 2021, 08:56 PM   #323
Silly Green Monkey
Cowardly Lurking in the Shadows of Greatness

According to the Charlie Kirk twitting feed, find pictures of rightwinger plants in the BLM protests and post them as proof that BLM are involved.
Old 6th January 2021, 08:56 PM   #324
BazBear
Possible Suspect

Location: Slightly Over The Hill, Not Too Far Around The Bend
Capitol Police firings imminent after Ďattempted coup,í top appropriator warns
BazBear is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th January 2021, 08:59 PM   #325
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

According to the DC police chief three other people died at the US Capitol complex today. That brings the total to four.

Medical issues apparently

Last edited by Captain_Swoop; 6th January 2021 at 09:00 PM.
Captain_Swoop is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th January 2021, 08:59 PM   #326
johnny karate

Fascists just had themselves a glorious victory tonight. Imagine this will only make their dangerous ideology all the more appealing.
How could it not? They stormed and occupied the U.S. Capitol with impunity. This will do wonders for their recruitment.
johnny karate is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th January 2021, 09:00 PM   #327
dasmiller
Just the right amount of cowbell

Originally Posted by gregthehammer View Post
How the, ? How the **** can you "spot an antifa" masquerading as a trump supporter in the crowd?
The lack of typos on their signs . . .
Old 6th January 2021, 09:01 PM   #328
lionking
In the Peanut Gallery

Originally Posted by Captain_Swoop View Post
Laura Ingraham on Fox, "The Washington Times is reporting that at least two antifa were spotted in the crowd" -
And me! I was there too dammit.

Sir Winston Churchill
lionking is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th January 2021, 09:03 PM   #329
johnny karate

Originally Posted by cullennz View Post
I think you might look back at this in a few years and realise you maybe over egging the pudding.
Iím not familiar with that idiom. Does it mean recognize an attempted coup for what it is? Because thatís how Iíll look back at this in a few years.
Old 6th January 2021, 09:07 PM   #330
lionking
In the Peanut Gallery

Originally Posted by johnny karate View Post
Iím not familiar with that idiom. Does it mean recognize an attempted coup for what it is? Because thatís how Iíll look back at this in a few years.
Seriously, I donít know what else you would call it.

Sir Winston Churchill
lionking is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th January 2021, 09:10 PM   #331
Meadmaker
Penultimate Amazing

The last moments of Ashli Babbitt have been posted to youtube. I won't post a link. You can search. Lots of copies.

Had she not been shot, she would have been the first to get through the broken window of the door of the Members' Lobby.
Old 6th January 2021, 09:15 PM   #332
cullennz
Embarrasingly illiterate

How the, ? How the **** can you "spot an antifa" masquerading as a trump supporter in the crowd?
Same way you can spot a far right idiot looting in amongst Antifa rioters presumably

2007 https://www.nbcnews.com/id/wbna16911044
cullennz is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th January 2021, 09:17 PM   #333
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Matthew Gertz tweeted

@MattGertz
Here's Lou Dobbs and Rep. Mo Brooks baselessly speculating that the hundreds of insurrectionists who stormed the Capitol today actually may have included antifa false flag elements.

Video in link

https://mobile.twitter.com/MattGertz...79712149684231
Captain_Swoop is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th January 2021, 09:17 PM   #334
Checkmite
Skepticifimisticalationist

If all the morbidly obese, neckbearded men with the red hats that say "MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN" were actually antifas this whole time, then why haven't any of Trump's real supporters been going to his rallies for the past four years?
Checkmite is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th January 2021, 09:19 PM   #335
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Now Sarah Palin, on a Fox says "we don't know who all were the instigators in this of these horrible things that happen today, I think a lot of it is the antifa folks"
Old 6th January 2021, 09:20 PM   #336
Kestrel
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Meadmaker View Post
The last moments of Ashli Babbitt have been posted to youtube. I won't post a link. You can search. Lots of copies.

Had she not been shot, she would have been the first to get through the broken window of the door of the Members' Lobby.
Who was the guy in the suit wearing an ID?
Kestrel is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th January 2021, 09:21 PM   #337
timhau
NWO Litter Technician

Location: Looks like Finland. Smells like Finland. Quacks like Finland. Where the hell am I?
Skin color.
Old 6th January 2021, 09:24 PM   #338
Orphia Nay
Penguilicious Spodmaster.
Tagger

Location: Ponylandistan Presidential Palace (above the Spods' stables).
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/...987599360?s=20

Orphia Nay is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th January 2021, 09:27 PM   #339
Bob001
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Kestrel View Post
Who was the guy in the suit wearing an ID?

Likely a cop. Video shows police moving in behind demonstrators, then leaving. He looks like he's taking charge.
https://nypost.com/2021/01/06/video-...ot-in-capitol/
Bob001 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th January 2021, 09:43 PM   #340
cullennz
Embarrasingly illiterate

Massively exaggerating a situations importance in historical terms, in this instance.

cullennz is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th January 2021, 09:45 PM   #341
cullennz
Embarrasingly illiterate

Having said that, hopefully (it won't happen) they might pass a law to stop presidents twittering.

Old 6th January 2021, 09:59 PM   #342
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by BazBear View Post
No **** Sherlock. I think a lot of jobs in the top command postions are going to be vacant.

Robert Heinlein.

Last edited by zooterkin; 7th January 2021 at 05:14 AM. Reason: Rule 10
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th January 2021, 10:03 PM   #343
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Checkmite View Post
If all the morbidly obese, neckbearded men with the red hats that say "MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN" were actually antifas this whole time, then why haven't any of Trump's real supporters been going to his rallies for the past four years?
See the moron in the horned helmet and fur coat in the Capitol building ? I hate that guy for two reasons:He is a treasonous insurrectionist and it's such a terrible, incompetent attempt at a Viking costume.

Robert Heinlein.
Old 6th January 2021, 10:12 PM   #344
Meadmaker
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by dudalb View Post
See the moron in the horned helmet and fur coat in the Capitol building ? I hate that guy for two reasons:He is a treasonous insurrectionist and it's such a terrible, incompetent attempt at a Viking costume.
A moron who can't even do cosplay right.

For good Capitol Hill cosplay, go back four years to KellyAnne Conway's inauguration dress.

And.....why Viking?

As an aside, I also want to complain that the building where the government meets is the capitol, but the city where the building sits is the capital.
Old 6th January 2021, 10:16 PM   #345
cullennz
Embarrasingly illiterate

As an aside, I also want to complain that the building where the government meets is the capitol, but the city where the building sits is the capital.
Aah

Cheers!

Was wondering about the whole sometimes "o" sometimes "a" thing.

Kind of makes sense.

Old 6th January 2021, 10:22 PM   #346
johnny karate

Massively exaggerating a situations importance in historical terms, in this instance.
Here are multiple historians who donít seem to agree with your scorching hot take:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn...ble/index.html

https://www.motherjones.com/2020-ele...-is-it-a-coup/

https://www.centralmaine.com/2021/01...f-u-s-capitol/
Old 6th January 2021, 10:30 PM   #347
cullennz
Embarrasingly illiterate

And I am sure they will get another couple of years TV interviews over it.

Old 6th January 2021, 10:33 PM   #348
crescent
Illuminator

Looking at Parler (right-wing imitation of Twitter) over the past week: If you believed them, there would be millions of Trump supporters protesting in D.C. on Jan 6. One post even expected 14 million people there.

Looking at Parler late in the evening of Jan 6, they all swear there were hardly any Trump supporters in D.C., as the whole takeover was planned and orchestrated by Antifa.

In the span of 24 hours they went from expecting millions of their own people to believing there were hardly any of their own people there and it was all Antifa.

I gotta say - the full throated embrace of conspiracy theories by 10's of millions of Americans has really damaged my faith in humanity. They just jump from one to another CT with no cognitive dissonance. And it is literally 10's of millions of people, enough to get a president elected (but at least not re-elected, this time).
crescent is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th January 2021, 10:43 PM   #349
alfaniner
Penultimate Amazing

A moron who can't even do cosplay right.

For good Capitol Hill cosplay, go back four years to KellyAnne Conway's inauguration dress.

And.....why Viking?

Note: capitol "C"

[sic]
Old 6th January 2021, 10:45 PM   #350
lionking
In the Peanut Gallery

And I am sure they will get another couple of years TV interviews over it.
Are you saying you know better than professional historians?

Sir Winston Churchill
Old 6th January 2021, 10:48 PM   #351
cullennz
Embarrasingly illiterate

Originally Posted by lionking View Post
Are you saying you know better than professional historians?
I am saying an opinion.

Purely from what ends up happening in the past.

Old 6th January 2021, 10:49 PM   #352
Checkmite
Skepticifimisticalationist

And.....why Viking?
It's a white-supremacist Viking LARP called Asatru. They think it's the proper Aryan religion for white people because Christianity is too Jewish.
Checkmite is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th January 2021, 10:55 PM   #353
SezMe
post-pre-born

Originally Posted by dasmiller View Post
. . . until Trump pardons them.
I don't think the crimes they will be charged with will be federal crimes so Trump can go pound sand.
SezMe is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th January 2021, 10:57 PM   #354
Mumbles
Philosopher

Folks found links to her twitter feed too, and well...
Mumbles is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th January 2021, 10:57 PM   #355
Meadmaker
Penultimate Amazing

It's a white-supremacist Viking LARP called Asatru. They think it's the proper Aryan religion for white people because Christianity is too Jewish.
Of course. Didn't make the connection.
Old 6th January 2021, 11:06 PM   #356
Meadmaker
Penultimate Amazing

A thought occurred to me. Does DC have a mask mandate? Can you get fined for not wearing one in a public place?

When they arrest some of these clowns, specifically the dude putting his feet on Nancy Pelosi's desk, I just would like to throw in a mask fine, just to add insult to injury as they send them away on felony charges related to storming the Capitol.
Old 6th January 2021, 11:09 PM   #357
Olmstead
Critical Thinker

What exactly is behind there? I guess she might have tried to enter some place where she really, really, really shouldn't have been, but the killing seems a little trigger happy.
Olmstead is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th January 2021, 11:11 PM   #358
cullennz
Embarrasingly illiterate

They aren't the brightest bulbs in the box, the supremacist nutters.

Which can come in handy.

Old 6th January 2021, 11:16 PM   #359
AJM8125
Potsing Whiled Runk
Tagger

Originally Posted by Olmstead View Post
What exactly is behind there? I guess she might have tried to enter some place where she really, really, really shouldn't have been, but the killing seems a little trigger happy.
Unless she was armed. Otherwise agreed.

Only a fool fights in a burning house.
AJM8125 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th January 2021, 11:20 PM   #360
timhau
NWO Litter Technician

Location: Looks like Finland. Smells like Finland. Quacks like Finland. Where the hell am I?
Originally Posted by AJM8125 View Post
Unless she was armed. Otherwise agreed.
Nah. She was a part of an unruly mob trying to break in violently. It is entirely understandable that the folks inside feared for their safety.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Social Issues & Current Events