ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories
 


Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags Canada issues , FOTL , Freeman movement

Reply
Old 7th September 2010, 07:17 AM   #401
carlitos
"más divertido"
 
carlitos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 17,518
Originally Posted by D'rok View Post
That and Celine Dion The Tragically Hip.

Fixed that for you
carlitos is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th September 2010, 09:03 AM   #402
EldonG
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 211
Originally Posted by D'rok View Post
We're not very important. This is the Internet, after all. But thanks for thinking so highly of us.

Trolling the JREF forums is easy to do. We like trolls. What's more revealing is just how quickly you showed up here after JLord's initial post. It smacks of desperation for an audience. Do you Google yourself daily in the hopes that someone, somewhere is talking about you?
No. I have no problem with the positive exposure and hits on my website. I just noticed that there were a number of hits on my hitcounter from JREF Forum, and wondered what was triggering the hits on my website.

Then, I find a whole bunch of the fascist crowd chiming in to supposedly 'debunk' Detax Canada and Eldon Warman.

I find that a lawyer, who uses the old lawyer technique of lying by not giving all the fact or ignoring that which does not conform to his agenda, laying out the pattern for the debunking crowd to follow. Lying by omission is just as much lying as is stating falsehoods.

For instance, he says there is no mention of incorporated bodies being 'make believe ships at sea' in the legislation on the creation of incorporated bodies.

Does a nautical engineer have to explain what a ship is when he is designing and overseeing the building of a ship or vessel? If a body has bounds, boundaries, a hull or skin in which the body is contained, and has a captain (by whatever name), and 'officers' (by whatever name) and (crew) members (by whatever name), then that describes a ship at sea, or a make-believe ship at sea - an incorporated (from the Latin, 'corpus' meaning 'body'), where the word 'to incorporate means to assemble into a completed structure (body).

So, you all can continue your Eldon Warman bashing, as you obviously will; however, it makes no difference to me or my mission to help the Canadian and American men and women return to their true God Given status as free will men, and stop the enslavement and life/time ripoff that they now suffer.

You cannot affect my interests financially, as my detax program is totally free for the asking, and always has been since I went on the internet in January of 1998.

Therefore, if you wish to have any help or advice in recovering your Creator Diety given rights and freedoms, find my e-mail on my website.

Sticks and stones may break one's bones, but names can make you a slave!

Bye Bye!

Last edited by EldonG; 7th September 2010 at 09:05 AM.
EldonG is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th September 2010, 09:16 AM   #403
D'rok
Free Barbarian on The Land
 
D'rok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 6,399
Originally Posted by EldonG View Post
Bye Bye!
Toodles!

Here's some reading for you as a parting gift:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/False_analogy
__________________
"War exists within the continuum of politics, in which play is continuous, and no outcome is final, save for a global thermonuclear war, which might be." - Darth Rotor

"Life, like a Saturday afternoon, finds its ruination in purpose." - MdC
D'rok is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th September 2010, 10:17 AM   #404
JLord
Critical Thinker
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 426
Originally Posted by EldonG View Post
Well, if you look at the history of paper money, it was always 'promissory notes' to pay the real asset valued money, and the assets have historically in the caucasian world, gold or silver, and a measure thereof, as depicted in the US Coinage Act of 1793. When currency is not a promissory note, it is a pure 'con' game - with the term 'to con' meaning to defraud by deceit. Thus, you say that Canadian currency is valued by the CON-fidence of the Canadian people.
It's not a con game because nobody is being decieved. It isn't as if they secretly switched to a fiat currency system and you are the only one to discover it and the rest are being fooled. It was a widely publicized event and it has been widely discussed since. Everyone who is interested in the topic knows that Canada (and other countries) operate with a system of fiat currency. We still choose to use this money knowing that it is fiat currency. So where is the con?

Even if you make the argument that economically it makes sense to move back to a gold standard, to call it a con there has to be some element of deception. There is no deception going on here. We all know what fiat currency is and choose to use it. If I want to do business only with gold coins I can if I want. This is not a con. (unless you have some old English/latin definition of the word that is different from it's current English definition)

Quote:
If not, then What is the reason? Just making the statement proves nothing,
Bills of exchange existed for hundreds of years. Well before the current system of fiat currency. Your claim that the Bills of Exchange Act was enacted because money was worthless and people had no other way of settling debts falls down on this fact alone. As with the English Bills of Exchange Act (which is from the 1880s, again well before the current system of fiat currency), the Canadian Act was made for the purposes of codifying rules relating to Bills of Exchange. It wasn't bringing any new type of financial instrument into existence as a way of dealing with the switch to a fiat currency.

Quote:
especially when the one making the unsupported statement is representing the Mickey Mouse fiction world that is corporate Canada, and the corporate Crown of the City of London.
I am not representing anyone else in these conversations.

Quote:
Who would make or issue such a decision? A black robed priest? They are just administrative officers of the make-believe ship at sea called Canada, with their allegiance pledged to the Crown of the City of London.
Yes, a judge employed by the government of Canada. You are one saying they needed to make changes to the law to allow people to sue for debts. You could have just claimed they ignore the law and are loyal to pope or something. But in this you are claiming that they were following the law but had to make some changes in response to a fiat currency. If so there must be some decision reflecting this fact, or else how did you come to the conlusion you have reached?

Quote:
So, if Parliament says that Canadian currency is no longer a bill of exchange, then that means that creditors are getting truly ripped off, and currency is purely a con game.
Again, it isn't a con game if there is no deception.

Quote:
Everybody knows???? Since when. And, if all one gets in rexchange for their labour/time/life is this con job called fiat money, and then CRA takes it from them because CRA sees them as slaves belonging to the corporate Crown, and subject to the harvesting of the fruits of their labour, may I suggest that the fraud is all too evident.
No. The current system of currency is known to everyone. Sure some people are ignorant and have never looked into it, but the information is widely available. The fact that we pay taxes is widely known as well. If the CRA secretly considers people to be like slaves they are keeping this to themselves and administering the tax system in accordance with parliament's wishes.

Quote:
All the evidence and proof in the world would not change your loyalty to your primary oath to the Lawyers Guild ( The BAR) of the City of London, and thus the Pontiff's Holy Roman Empire evil dictatoprship.
As I have said before, I have no loyalty to any of these groups.

Quote:
If the law meant what the term is supposed to mean,
This sort of thinking seems to be leading you to a lot of incorrect conclusions. A word means what it means. It is ridiculous to insert your own meaning and then say "that's what it is supposed to mean." Someone brought up the example with calling someone "gay." You can say it is supposed to mean happy and cheerful and to back up your argument you can point to a dictionary definition from 100 years ago. But that argument instantly fails as soon as someone else looks for the meaning in current sources.

Quote:
If you are an 'officer of the corporate Crown', then your first loyalty is to that corporation. Follow what law? The rules made by the 'policy makers' (politicians) of the corporate Parliament of corporate Provincial legislatures? Who owns those corporate bodies. The judge in the People of Wetaskiwin v. Milton Littlechild MP certainly pointed out that, once an MP is sworn in as an officer of Parliament, they were not beholden to the people who voted for that MP.
Well, I'm not an "officer of the corporate crown" but that is a reasonable accurate description of the political system. You're not using the corret words but I know what you mean.

Quote:
Maybe in fact, but not in practise. I have met lawyers who were disBARred for defending someone against Crown policy.
Who? I would be very interested.

Last edited by JLord; 7th September 2010 at 10:18 AM.
JLord is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th September 2010, 10:42 AM   #405
Alareth
Philosopher
 
Alareth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 7,678
Originally Posted by EldonG View Post
Now, offer some proof that 'govern' does not mean to steer, direct or administer a ship at sea, or to administer, steer, or direct a make-believe ship at sea, called an incorporated body, of which Government is a 'body politic' (policy making fictional body) - a thing that does not exist in nature.
The person that steers a ship is called a Helmsman.

The person in charge of a ship is called a Captain.
Alareth is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th September 2010, 11:03 AM   #406
JLord
Critical Thinker
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 426
Originally Posted by EldonG View Post
For instance, he says there is no mention of incorporated bodies being 'make believe ships at sea' in the legislation on the creation of incorporated bodies.
This kind of implies that he is about to come back with some kind of response to my assertion. But instead this:

Quote:
Does a nautical engineer have to explain what a ship is when he is designing and overseeing the building of a ship or vessel? If a body has bounds, boundaries, a hull or skin in which the body is contained, and has a captain (by whatever name), and 'officers' (by whatever name) and (crew) members (by whatever name), then that describes a ship at sea, or a make-believe ship at sea - an incorporated (from the Latin, 'corpus' meaning 'body'), where the word 'to incorporate means to assemble into a completed structure (body).
JLord is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th September 2010, 11:06 AM   #407
carlitos
"más divertido"
 
carlitos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 17,518
Originally Posted by Alareth View Post
The person that steers a ship is called a Helmsman.

The person in charge of a ship is called a Captain.
That's what my ex-Navy buddy said. You guys must be shills.
carlitos is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th September 2010, 11:14 AM   #408
Sledge
Grammaton Cleric
 
Sledge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 7,114
Oh, has he gone? Damn, and I wanted to know what a "diety" was.
__________________
"The perfect haiku would have just two syllables: Airwolf" ~ Ernest Cline

"Science knows it doesn't know everything, otherwise it would stop" ~ Dara O'Briain.
Sledge is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th September 2010, 12:18 PM   #409
blobru
Philosopher
 
blobru's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 6,900
Originally Posted by Sledge View Post
Oh, has he gone? Damn, and I wanted to know what a "diety" was.

From its etymology, it's obviously this worn inside-out:

__________________
"Say to them, 'I am Nobody!'" -- Ulysses to the Cyclops

"Never mind. I can't read." -- Hokulele to the Easter Bunny
blobru is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th September 2010, 12:33 PM   #410
SanityGap
Critical Thinker
 
SanityGap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 346
Originally Posted by Sledge View Post
Oh, has he gone? Damn, and I wanted to know what a "diety" was.
It's the profound feeling of sorrow felt after reducing your calorie intake and seeing no change on the scales.
__________________
Fundemental atheist. Prepared to kill to prove there is nothing worth dying for.
SanityGap is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th September 2010, 12:47 PM   #411
D'rok
Free Barbarian on The Land
 
D'rok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 6,399
Originally Posted by blobru View Post
From its etymology, it's obviously this worn inside-out:

http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/e...s/DSC03502.jpg
Originally Posted by SanityGap View Post
It's the profound feeling of sorrow felt after reducing your calorie intake and seeing no change on the scales.
Nonsense. You're both wrong. It obviously means "Diet" as in a "formal deliberative assembly". In particular, the general assembly of Imperial Estates of the Holy Roman Empire.

So, when Eldon says...
Quote:
Therefore, if you wish to have any help or advice in recovering your Creator Diety given rights and freedoms, find my e-mail on my website.
...he plainly means the rights and freedoms allowed us by our Roman overlords in the Imperial Diet. Thus, they are our "diety" rights.

I think Eldon's red robes are showing.
__________________
"War exists within the continuum of politics, in which play is continuous, and no outcome is final, save for a global thermonuclear war, which might be." - Darth Rotor

"Life, like a Saturday afternoon, finds its ruination in purpose." - MdC

Last edited by D'rok; 7th September 2010 at 12:49 PM.
D'rok is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th September 2010, 01:44 PM   #412
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing
 
dudalb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 36,757
Eldon's statements on "The Pope's Holy Roman Empire" get this reaction from anybody familiar with the history of the HRE in the Middle Ages and the Renaissance period:



Let us just say the constant fighting between the Pontiff and the Emperor of the HRE made anything between Barack Obama and the GOP look mild in comparasion.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th September 2010, 03:53 PM   #413
LightinDarkness
Master Poster
 
LightinDarkness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 2,583
Originally Posted by EldonG View Post
No. I have no problem with the positive exposure and hits on my website. I just noticed that there were a number of hits on my hitcounter from JREF Forum, and wondered what was triggering the hits on my website.

Then, I find a whole bunch of the fascist crowd chiming in to supposedly 'debunk' Detax Canada and Eldon Warman.

I find that a lawyer, who uses the old lawyer technique of lying by not giving all the fact or ignoring that which does not conform to his agenda, laying out the pattern for the debunking crowd to follow. Lying by omission is just as much lying as is stating falsehoods.

For instance, he says there is no mention of incorporated bodies being 'make believe ships at sea' in the legislation on the creation of incorporated bodies.

Does a nautical engineer have to explain what a ship is when he is designing and overseeing the building of a ship or vessel? If a body has bounds, boundaries, a hull or skin in which the body is contained, and has a captain (by whatever name), and 'officers' (by whatever name) and (crew) members (by whatever name), then that describes a ship at sea, or a make-believe ship at sea - an incorporated (from the Latin, 'corpus' meaning 'body'), where the word 'to incorporate means to assemble into a completed structure (body).

So, you all can continue your Eldon Warman bashing, as you obviously will; however, it makes no difference to me or my mission to help the Canadian and American men and women return to their true God Given status as free will men, and stop the enslavement and life/time ripoff that they now suffer.

You cannot affect my interests financially, as my detax program is totally free for the asking, and always has been since I went on the internet in January of 1998.

Therefore, if you wish to have any help or advice in recovering your Creator Diety given rights and freedoms, find my e-mail on my website.

Sticks and stones may break one's bones, but names can make you a slave!

Bye Bye!
Another one debunked and on the run. Why do they all run? It would be so easy to silence the entire forum and "win" the argument...if it had ANY basis in reality. All you need to do is cite 1 sustained court case from any country that says a defendant Freeloader on the Land does not have to pay taxes because of his sovereign citizen status. Thats it - you win. Why can none of the Freeloaders do this simple thing and silence us all?

Oh, because the entire thing is made up and prays on the minds of dumb people trying to escape legitimate debts.

By the way, if you google this guy its nothing but a tragic tale of him being banned/abandoning forum after forum where he finds 0 supports and to much reality to deal with.

Eldon Warman: 0
Reality: 1

Last edited by LightinDarkness; 7th September 2010 at 03:59 PM.
LightinDarkness is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th September 2010, 04:32 PM   #414
bikerdruid
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: North Peace Bioregion of theGreat Boreal Forest
Posts: 7,361
Originally Posted by carlitos View Post
Fixed that for you
'our lady peace' is a pretty cool canadian export too.
bikerdruid is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th September 2010, 09:13 PM   #415
lopeyschools
Critical Thinker
 
lopeyschools's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 397
Well that was highly entertaining! I thought the whole catholic papal conspiracy thing was regulated to the past, but ELDON has clearly demonstrated that is incorrect.
lopeyschools is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th September 2010, 06:10 AM   #416
BaaBaa
Semi-literate hench-person
 
BaaBaa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 1,455
I have to say I really enjoyed it and I finally got my custom title sorted out, because of it.
__________________
"Damn, i think you are illeterate"
BaaBaa is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th September 2010, 04:18 PM   #417
EldonG
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 211
Originally Posted by LightinDarkness View Post
Another one debunked and on the run. Why do they all run? It would be so easy to silence the entire forum and "win" the argument...if it had ANY basis in reality. All you need to do is cite 1 sustained court case from any country that says a defendant Freeloader on the Land does not have to pay taxes because of his sovereign citizen status. Thats it - you win. Why can none of the Freeloaders do this simple thing and silence us all?

Oh, because the entire thing is made up and prays on the minds of dumb people trying to escape legitimate debts.

By the way, if you google this guy its nothing but a tragic tale of him being banned/abandoning forum after forum where he finds 0 supports and to much reality to deal with.

Eldon Warman: 0
Reality: 1
Nah! It is just that I find no one participating in this thread with the high intelligence of myself, and thus none worthy of my further responses.

Such purile minds bore me! However, the response from so many 'damage control goons' does suggest to me that I, and my Detax Canada website, am obviously a burr under some big shot's saddle.
EldonG is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th September 2010, 04:25 PM   #418
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing
 
dudalb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 36,757
Originally Posted by EldonG View Post
Nah! It is just that I find no one participating in this thread with the high intelligence of myself, and thus none worthy of my further responses.

Such purile minds bore me! However, the response from so many 'damage control goons' does suggest to me that I, and my Detax Canada website, am obviously a burr under some big shot's saddle.


So now he goes into "Black Knight From Monty Python and The Holy Grail" mode.......
"COME BACK,AND I'LL BITE YOU TO DEATH!".
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th September 2010, 04:44 PM   #419
catsmate
No longer the 1
 
catsmate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 19,089
Originally Posted by EldonG View Post
Nah! It is just that I find no one participating in this thread with the high intelligence of myself, and thus none worthy of my further responses.

Such purile minds bore me! However, the response from so many 'damage control goons' does suggest to me that I, and my Detax Canada website, am obviously a burr under some big shot's saddle.
Misplaced arrogance rocks!!!
Now will you be addressing your criminal convictions, anti-semitism, lying, scams et cetera?
catsmate is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th September 2010, 05:51 PM   #420
Horatius
NWO Kitty Wrangler
 
Horatius's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 25,830
Originally Posted by catsmate1 View Post
Misplaced arrogance rocks!!!
Now will you be addressing your criminal convictions, anti-semitism, lying, scams et cetera?


I'd say self supporting delusions rock!


He knows he's on to something big, because everywhere he goes, he runs into people who tell him he's insane.
__________________
Obviously, that means cats are indeed evil and that ownership or display of a feline is an overt declaration of one's affiliation with dark forces. - Cl1mh4224rd
Horatius is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th September 2010, 08:56 PM   #421
carlitos
"más divertido"
 
carlitos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 17,518
Originally Posted by EldonG View Post
Nah! It is just that I find no one participating in this thread with the high intelligence of myself, and thus none worthy of my further responses.

Such purile minds bore me! However, the response from so many 'damage control goons' does suggest to me that I, and my Detax Canada website, am obviously a burr under some big shot's saddle.
The genius who said that my (native-born American) argument was "inviolate proof that the Jesuit program of 'dumbing down' of the Canadian population in their control of school curriculum and textbooks" honors us with a short post building up his own intelligence and ego compared with us mortals and then he misspells "puerile."



PS - When you put stuff in quotes, you should make it a quote. No one here said "damage control goons" but you, smart guy.
carlitos is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th September 2010, 09:32 PM   #422
jaydeehess
Penultimate Amazing
 
jaydeehess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: 40 miles north of the border
Posts: 20,791
Is intelligence a roadblock to proper spelling and grammar?

hey, I just read page 1 and this page and its been a hoot. Especially Eldon's last post above.

Yep, no better proof that you are right and that TPTB are sending 'goons' to stifle your clarion call, than to have dozens of people tell you that you are wrong.
jaydeehess is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th September 2010, 09:57 PM   #423
Hans
Philosopher
 
Hans's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 6,359
Originally Posted by Horatius View Post
I'd say self supporting delusions rock!


He knows he's on to something big, because everywhere he goes, he runs into people who tell him he's insane.
Ah but he isn't insane he's just so mistaken and misoriented he SEEMS insane - just a plain old ID ten T problem.
Hans is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th September 2010, 10:32 PM   #424
The Platypus
Graduate Poster
 
The Platypus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 1,883
Originally Posted by EldonG View Post
Nah! It is just that I find no one participating in this thread with the high intelligence of myself, and thus none worthy of my further responses.

Such purile minds bore me! However, the response from so many 'damage control goons' does suggest to me that I, and my Detax Canada website, am obviously a burr under some big shot's saddle.
Why do these cult kooks always seem to think that spewing delusions of grandeur and over the top pompous arrogance covers up the fact that they are trying to peddle lies and snake oil???
__________________
I'll go with the qualified experts, over some ranting guy on the internet that claims he has "the truth".

Always beware of those that overuse, capitalize and blanket themselves in them word "truth". I may not always know the truth, but i do know when i'm being lied too.
The Platypus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th September 2010, 01:29 AM   #425
dtugg
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 7,885
If there were a legal way to avoid pay income taxes or way that I would be positive that I wouldn't get caught, I wouldn't pay a penny (although to be honest I have under-reported my income by a lot when I could- nothing the IRS could prove of course). Because **** the federal government. I would rather have that money myself. But fortunately, I am not insane and/or retarded and realize that the federal government of the USA does indeed have the authority to collect income taxes. And even if the government of the USA technically does not have the authority to collect income taxes (which, it of course does), it absolutely has the physical power to either make you pay or ruin your life. And I don't know about you people, but I would rather pay some money than have the feds on my back.
dtugg is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th September 2010, 05:06 AM   #426
uk_dave
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 8,154
Originally Posted by dtugg View Post
If there were a legal way to avoid pay income taxes or way that I would be positive that I wouldn't get caught, I wouldn't pay a penny (although to be honest I have under-reported my income by a lot when I could- nothing the IRS could prove of course). Because **** the federal government. I would rather have that money myself. But fortunately, I am not insane and/or retarded and realize that the federal government of the USA does indeed have the authority to collect income taxes. And even if the government of the USA technically does not have the authority to collect income taxes (which, it of course does), it absolutely has the physical power to either make you pay or ruin your life. And I don't know about you people, but I would rather pay some money than have the feds on my back.
So you don't use roads? Emergency services? Benefit from living in a country (and economy) protected by a strong military? Appreciate regulation of polluters and the safety of the air you breathe, the water you drink, the food you eat and the medicines you take?

What are you? A hippy?
uk_dave is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th September 2010, 09:40 AM   #427
dtugg
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 7,885
A very small percentage of the income taxes I pay to the feds is actually used for stuff I find useful. The vast majority is pissed away. So yes, if there is a way that I could keep it without going to prison, I would do it.
dtugg is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th September 2010, 09:49 AM   #428
JLord
Critical Thinker
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 426
Originally Posted by EldonG View Post
Nah! It is just that I find no one participating in this thread with the high intelligence of myself, and thus none worthy of my further responses.

Such purile minds bore me! However, the response from so many 'damage control goons' does suggest to me that I, and my Detax Canada website, am obviously a burr under some big shot's saddle.
I am not a bigshot of any kind. As I said my work is helping poor people. The opposite of a bigshot.

And I am happy to give the detax Canada website some publicity. I think most people find it pretty comical on a number of levels. The content is obviously hilarious, but so is the style, the crazy colours, the one super long page, the classic amateur web page style from the mid 90s.

And another point to think about... If there were any merit to these claims who would be the first people to jump all over it? Lawyers. They are the one group who has the means to dispute this and is always quick to jump all over any kind of loophole in the law. The fact that it is always homemade web pages that promote these theories and there are never any lawyers who take advantage of these great "loopholes" is pretty much proof alone that the theories are bunk.
JLord is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th September 2010, 10:45 AM   #429
drkitten
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 21,629
Originally Posted by JLord View Post
And another point to think about... If there were any merit to these claims who would be the first people to jump all over it? Lawyers. They are the one group who has the means to dispute this and is always quick to jump all over any kind of loophole in the law.
Not to mention the fact that they probably have more to benefit from being able to escape taxes on their typically much larger than median salaries.

I remember a conversation I had with my eye doctor a while back about then-experimental laser surgery. He pointed out that he still wore glasses even though he could get the surgery done for free as a professional courtesy.

I found that a deeply compelling argument against.
drkitten is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th September 2010, 07:15 PM   #430
Mongrel
Begging for Scraps
 
Mongrel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: 20 minutes in the future
Posts: 1,759
Originally Posted by JLord View Post
And another point to think about... If there were any merit to these claims who would be the first people to jump all over it? Lawyers.
Second, first would be accountants
__________________
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge: it is those who know little, and not those who know much, who so positively assert that this or that problem will never be solved by science.” - Charles Darwin

...like so many contemporary philosophers he especially enjoyed giving helpful advice to people who were happier than he was. - Tom Lehrer
Mongrel is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th September 2010, 07:29 PM   #431
Gord_in_Toronto
Penultimate Amazing
 
Gord_in_Toronto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 18,647
Originally Posted by Mongrel View Post
Second, first would be accountants
And considering, that every couple of years either a lawyer or an accountant identifies a clever loop in the tax law and sneaks a reduction in his tax through that the NRS promptly closes for the next year, it's not like they aren't interested.
__________________
"Reality is what's left when you cease to believe." Philip K. Dick
Gord_in_Toronto is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th September 2010, 07:40 PM   #432
Sledge
Grammaton Cleric
 
Sledge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 7,114
Originally Posted by drkitten View Post
Not to mention the fact that they probably have more to benefit from being able to escape taxes on their typically much larger than median salaries.

I remember a conversation I had with my eye doctor a while back about then-experimental laser surgery. He pointed out that he still wore glasses even though he could get the surgery done for free as a professional courtesy.

I found that a deeply compelling argument against.
Did you check his glasses had prescription lenses and not just clear glass?
__________________
"The perfect haiku would have just two syllables: Airwolf" ~ Ernest Cline

"Science knows it doesn't know everything, otherwise it would stop" ~ Dara O'Briain.
Sledge is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th September 2010, 08:25 PM   #433
drkitten
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 21,629
Originally Posted by Sledge View Post
Did you check his glasses had prescription lenses and not just clear glass?
Oddly enough, I didn't.

I guess I'm just not smart enough to be a Frootloop on the Lam.
drkitten is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th September 2010, 03:36 PM   #434
EldonG
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 211
Originally Posted by dtugg View Post
If there were a legal way to avoid pay income taxes or way that I would be positive that I wouldn't get caught, I wouldn't pay a penny (although to be honest I have under-reported my income by a lot when I could- nothing the IRS could prove of course). Because **** the federal government. I would rather have that money myself. But fortunately, I am not insane and/or retarded and realize that the federal government of the USA does indeed have the authority to collect income taxes. And even if the government of the USA technically does not have the authority to collect income taxes (which, it of course does), it absolutely has the physical power to either make you pay or ruin your life. And I don't know about you people, but I would rather pay some money than have the feds on my back.
Just go to the DetaxCanada webpage linked by OP in the opening post on this thread, and download the file called "The Name Game Blog". That will explain the mechanism used by the IRS to steal the fruits of your labor with impunity and without considering your human rights.
EldonG is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th September 2010, 03:43 PM   #435
EldonG
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 211
Originally Posted by JLord View Post
I am not a bigshot of any kind. As I said my work is helping poor people. The opposite of a bigshot.

And I am happy to give the detax Canada website some publicity. I think most people find it pretty comical on a number of levels. The content is obviously hilarious, but so is the style, the crazy colours, the one super long page, the classic amateur web page style from the mid 90s.

And another point to think about... If there were any merit to these claims who would be the first people to jump all over it? Lawyers. They are the one group who has the means to dispute this and is always quick to jump all over any kind of loophole in the law. The fact that it is always homemade web pages that promote these theories and there are never any lawyers who take advantage of these great "loopholes" is pretty much proof alone that the theories are bunk.
Well, I am glad that I provided you with some comedy, even though there apparently is little hope that I could instigate any thought of helping you to seek a remedy for your slave status. Enjoy the rattle of your chains.

Your 'help' for those caught up in the distress of the legal system reminds me of the story of a fellow who comes out of the fast food restaurant with a sack of Big Macs, double fries, and a large mikkshake. Outside is a homeless man begging, and says the the fellow. I haven't had anything to eat in 2 days. The fellow with the sack of food says to the homeless man: "I sure wish I had your will power to resist food."

And, the 'loopholes' to which you refer, are outside the fiction world in which lawyers exist, and have their being. The DetaxCanada detax program is NOT a loophole in the legal system laws. It is the right of a free will adult man to exercise his own unalienable property right, with a man's primary property being his labour produced by his own mind, and through his physical body.

Last edited by EldonG; 11th September 2010 at 03:54 PM.
EldonG is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th September 2010, 04:00 PM   #436
EldonG
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 211
Originally Posted by Mongrel View Post
Second, first would be accountants
A few years ago, Parliament/the corporate Crown enacted an amendment that made all lawyers and accountants pseudo-CRA agents, under penalty of a heavy fine for giving any meaningful advice to the Canadian people on how to avoid or escape taxation. So much for any lawyers or accountants advising or helping find loopholes , let alone advising people how to get out from under the imposed 'slave status', and the 'harvesting of the friuts of the labour of Crown owned slaves' - income tax.
EldonG is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th September 2010, 04:00 PM   #437
uke2se
Penultimate Amazing
 
uke2se's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 10,646
I thought you said you were done here, Eldon.
uke2se is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th September 2010, 04:14 PM   #438
EldonG
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 211
Originally Posted by Gord_in_Toronto View Post
And considering, that every couple of years either a lawyer or an accountant identifies a clever loop in the tax law and sneaks a reduction in his tax through that the NRS promptly closes for the next year, it's not like they aren't interested.
You give another good reason why there is no help with income tax issues coming from lawyers or accountants.

The DetaxCanada program teaches you how to get out from under the slave status status imposed upon you by the corporate Crown of the City of London - yes, the Queen of GB is just an agent for the corporate Crown of the City of London - as all British Monarchs have been since the treaty between Pope Innocent III and King John of 1213 - that made the Pontiff of Rome 'Overlord' of England, and that is not a Roman Catholic thing - it is a secular/worldly rulership that has not changed since that time. Don't believe me? GOOGLE "King John and Innocent III". The information is on RC websites.

The DetaxCanada program has absolutely no reference to 'so-called' loopholes. It is just a matter of reality over fiction.

But then, I am forgetting... Those posting here know a lot more than anyone else about such matters.....
EldonG is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th September 2010, 04:18 PM   #439
EldonG
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 211
Originally Posted by uke2se View Post
I thought you said you were done here, Eldon.
Mod WarningRemoved breach. Read Rule 10 and abide by it.
Posted By:LashL

Last edited by LashL; 11th September 2010 at 05:13 PM.
EldonG is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th September 2010, 04:50 PM   #440
ktesibios
Worthless Aging Hippie
 
ktesibios's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 1,493
Originally Posted by EldonG View Post
A few years ago, Parliament/the corporate Crown enacted an amendment that made all lawyers and accountants pseudo-CRA agents, under penalty of a heavy fine for giving any meaningful advice to the Canadian people on how to avoid or escape taxation. So much for any lawyers or accountants advising or helping find loopholes , let alone advising people how to get out from under the imposed 'slave status', and the 'harvesting of the friuts of the labour of Crown owned slaves' - income tax.
Evidence?

That means a direct cite of the law involved, from a reliable source- not an unsupported assertion spread by cybermetastasis from one CT Web site to another?
__________________
Ship me somewheres east of Suez, where the best is like the worst, where there ain't no ten commandments and a man can raise a small, bristly mustache.
ktesibios is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Reply

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:33 AM.
Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 2014, TribeTech AB. All Rights Reserved.
This forum began as part of the James Randi Education Foundation (JREF). However, the forum now exists as
an independent entity with no affiliation with or endorsement by the JREF, including the section in reference to "JREF" topics.

Disclaimer: Messages posted in the Forum are solely the opinion of their authors.