IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Social Issues & Current Events

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 24th June 2022, 04:34 PM   #721
stanfr
Master Poster

Wow,

Fox news just released the transcript of Landrie's confession. In it, the coward claims that she slipped while crossing a creek and hit her head, and was in extreme pain.
He claims he killed her "because that is what she wanted" to be merciful and end her pain. Then he claims he killed himself because he could not live without her.

So I guess we will never know what really motivated him to kill her, but it is an interesting glimpse into the mind of a psychopath. I could speculate that his psyche could not stomach the idea that he was evil, and did not want to be judged as evil by the community, so he invented a story that would make him look like a flawed but ultimately good individual.
Probably won't bring much peace to the families, contrary to his claimed intention in the confession.
stanfr is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th June 2022, 05:25 PM   #722
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by stanfr View Post
Wow,

Fox news just released the transcript of Landrie's confession. In it, the coward claims that she slipped while crossing a creek and hit her head, and was in extreme pain.
He claims he killed her "because that is what she wanted" to be merciful and end her pain. Then he claims he killed himself because he could not live without her.

So I guess we will never know what really motivated him to kill her, but it is an interesting glimpse into the mind of a psychopath. I could speculate that his psyche could not stomach the idea that he was evil, and did not want to be judged as evil by the community, so he invented a story that would make him look like a flawed but ultimately good individual.
Probably won't bring much peace to the families, contrary to his claimed intention in the confession.
Link?
Old 25th June 2022, 05:38 PM   #723
stanfr
Master Poster

Originally Posted by theprestige View Post
Link?
don't like linking to Fox News, but they did break the story:

here
stanfr is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th June 2022, 09:09 AM   #724
Gord_in_Toronto
Penultimate Amazing

don't like linking to Fox News, but they did break the story:

here
If you don't like linking Fox, how about Rolling Stone?

https://www.rollingstone.com/culture...ssion-1374075/
Old 26th June 2022, 09:57 AM   #725
eerok
Quixoticist

Originally Posted by Gord_in_Toronto View Post

Let's just say I'm rather skeptical of his narrative.
Old 28th June 2022, 07:51 AM   #726
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Gord_in_Toronto View Post

How is RS an improvement over Fox?
Old 28th June 2022, 08:00 AM   #727
ahhell
Illuminator

Wow,

Couple of things, folks are generally really could at fooling themselves, totally possible he believes his story. Not that it is all that much better than him having just killed her on account of being mad. Seriously, where in the US were they that she couldn't deal with the pain long enough to get help? Its like a seen from some bad parody. Someone sprains an ankle and they're comrades immediately kill them to spare them the pain.

Also, lots of folks who kill people are not psychopaths. My guess is they had a fight and he shoved or hit her and battery became manslaughter. Everything since then has been denial and regret.

Edit to add, I see he strangled her. Similar scenario but murder not manslaughter.

Last edited by ahhell; 28th June 2022 at 08:02 AM.
ahhell is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st July 2022, 06:42 AM   #728
Lithrael
Master Poster

The Teton County Coroner’s Office said Gabby died of “blunt-force injuries to the head and neck, with manual strangulation.” Sounds like you’d have to really CSI it to guess how credible his story is. But even if we buy his story, how does anyone trust ‘slipped’ over all the terrible descriptions of their interactions leading up to all this?
Lithrael is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th November 2022, 02:04 PM   #729
JoeMorgue
Self Employed
Remittance Man

Jeopardy television gameshow criticized for tasteless Brian Laundrie clue.

Quote:
Many viewers of "Celebrity Jeopardy!" Sunday recoiled at a clue oddly evoking the murder of Blue Point-raised Gabby Petito by her fiancé, Brian Laundrie, who after a police search was found dead by suicide in a Florida nature reserve.

“In 2021 fugitive Brian Laundrie ended his days in Fla’s Myakkahatchee Creek area, home to these long & toothy critters,” came the $200 clue, read by actor Mayim Bialik. Contestant Joel Kim Booster, the executive producer, star and co-writer of this year's Long Island-set gay romantic comedy "Fire Island,” who was competing against actors John Michael Higgins and Wil Wheaton, correctly responded "What are alligators?"
https://www.wkbn.com/news/national-w...and-tasteless/

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Social Issues & Current Events