IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 9th January 2021, 02:21 PM   #81
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Originally Posted by fromdownunder View Post
I know it sounds childish and petty, but I sincerely hope that Mace girl has read about all the arrests and is hiding in her bedroom and wetting herself every time somebody knocks on the door.

After all, she did confess to taking part in a Revolution.

Norm
No, it's not petty. She took part in an attempt to subvert the will of the American people. She may not be arrested, but like you, I hope she's pissing her pants in fear.

Elizabeth from Kentucky is an idiot.
Resume is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th January 2021, 02:48 PM   #82
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

I think what they expected is that they would destroy Congress. They'd leave those supporting blocking the count and kill or drive away the rest.
Old 9th January 2021, 02:59 PM   #83
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by fromdownunder View Post
I know it sounds childish and petty, but I sincerely hope that Mace girl has read about all the arrests and is hiding in her bedroom and wetting herself every time somebody knocks on the door.

After all, she did confess to taking part in a Revolution.

Norm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=buGofxcIfTk

Here. Here suffering is evening funnier when set to music.
Old 9th January 2021, 03:12 PM   #84
sackett
Philosopher

A few days before, IIRC, some Proudshirt blathered about "removing them from office."

Is it mean and spiteful of me to wonder if, perhaps, the bulk of these hoons thought that removing somebody from office meant literally dragging him out of a room that had his name on the door and tumbling him into the street?

Surely I'm being too cynical. It's a frequent fault with me, isn't it? Yes?

What region of the earth is not filled with our calamities? -- Virgil
sackett is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th January 2021, 03:33 PM   #85
newyorkguy
Penultimate Amazing

Ashli Babbitt will be remembered as the woman shot to death by police as she attempted to be 'first one in' to the Speaker's Lobby after the glass window was broken. Babbitt was a true believer. From The Guardian:
Quote:
In late December, the incoming vice-president, Kamala Harris, tweeted about her plans for the first hundred days of the Biden administration. She promised “to ensure Americans mask up, distribute 100M shots, and get students safely back to school." Among the thousands of responses was an angry tweet from a 35-year-old air force veteran in San Diego. “No the **** you will not!” Ashli Babbitt replied to Harris. “No masks, no you, no Biden the kid raper, no vaccines...sit your fraudulent ass down…we the ppl bitch!” Link to Guardian article
Babbitt’s tweeted constantly in recent months, about the Covid-19 hoax, about Democratic lawmakers being pedophiles, and then about the massive election fraud that stole the election from trump. When a friend lamented on Twitter "When do we start winning?" Babbitt tweeted back: "Jan 6, 2021."

Here is an extraordinary self-video Babbitt took as she marched to the Capitol with "a mob" she repeatedly says is made up of three million people. She says it was "amazing to hear the president talk."

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE

Soon after filming herself Babbitt is dead. Her final words, to other rioters asking is she hurt bad as blood pours from her mouth, were "No it's cool." Seconds later she was unresponsive.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Ashli Babbitt.jpg (73.8 KB, 13 views)
newyorkguy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th January 2021, 05:49 PM   #86
uke2se
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Craig4 View Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=buGofxcIfTk

Here. Here suffering is evening funnier when set to music.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBpDEWgyVAI

"If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. " Karl Popper, The Open Society and Its Enemies Vol. 1
uke2se is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th January 2021, 05:53 PM   #87
uke2se
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by newyorkguy View Post
Ashli Babbitt will be remembered as the woman shot to death by police as she attempted to be 'first one in' to the Speaker's Lobby after the glass window was broken. Babbitt was a true believer. From The Guardian:

Babbitt’s tweeted constantly in recent months, about the Covid-19 hoax, about Democratic lawmakers being pedophiles, and then about the massive election fraud that stole the election from trump. When a friend lamented on Twitter "When do we start winning?" Babbitt tweeted back: "Jan 6, 2021."

Here is an extraordinary self-video Babbitt took as she marched to the Capitol with "a mob" she repeatedly says is made up of three million people. She says it was "amazing to hear the president talk."

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE

Soon after filming herself Babbitt is dead. Her final words, to other rioters asking is she hurt bad as blood pours from her mouth, were "No it's cool." Seconds later she was unresponsive.

I'd say she'll be remembered among America's most despicable people, like Timothy McVeigh. She along side her co-conspirators.

"If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. " Karl Popper, The Open Society and Its Enemies Vol. 1
uke2se is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th January 2021, 06:07 PM   #88
kookbreaker
Evil Fokker

Originally Posted by uke2se View Post
I'd say she'll be remembered among America's most despicable people, like Timothy McVeigh. She along side her co-conspirators.
As a side note, several folks I am friends with are Air Forces. Including one who was a retiree after 20 years. In one of his posts it was noted that she was just an E4 after 14 years.

Which, apparently, is really bad. Most were saying reaching E4 takes just 3 years, and it’s time based without any competition. Ranks after that there is more competition. E4 wouldn’t even be able to re-enlist after 12 years. One noted that when a vet with more years than that got busted down they were immediately processed out. The only way he thought it was possible for 14 years and and E4 rank is if she got busted down.

So apparently she wasn’t even the best of airwoman when she was in the service.

Thanks for helping me win Best Toys in Philly Voter in 2011,2012, and 2014! We won' be discussing the disappointment that was 2013.
kookbreaker is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th January 2021, 07:35 PM   #89
PhantomWolf
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by uke2se View Post
Let her be forgotten to anything more than that person that died trying to start an insurrection. Let their reward be that their names are struck from the record to never be said again. Why give them the infamy of their actions?

It must be fun to lead a life completely unburdened by reality. -- JayUtah
I am not able to rightly apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question. -- Charles Babbage (1791-1871)

PhantomWolf is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th January 2021, 07:39 PM   #90
uke2se
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by PhantomWolf View Post
Let her be forgotten to anything more than that person that died trying to start an insurrection. Let their reward be that their names are struck from the record to never be said again. Why give them the infamy of their actions?
Might be better to do that, yes, but she'll be invoked by her compatriots and a lot of grifters and dumbasses who think both sides are to blame. Her name might be forgotten, as nobody really cares about her except her loved ones, but as a symbol she's useful for right wing extremists. Best we can do is probably to vilify her enough to make anyone invoking her stand out as a terrorist sympathizer.

Old 9th January 2021, 08:35 PM   #91
Meadmaker
Penultimate Amazing

I AGREE

Three million plus?

I think the lack of critical thinking skills among Americans is at the core of the stupidity of the last four years, and probably going back farther than that.
Old 9th January 2021, 08:51 PM   #92
Modified
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Meadmaker View Post
Three million plus?

I think the lack of critical thinking skills among Americans is at the core of the stupidity of the last four years, and probably going back farther than that.

If there were three million people, you wouldn't be able to walk down the street. It would be wall-to-wall people for at least a mile in every direction.
Modified is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th January 2021, 09:48 PM   #93
Meadmaker
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Modified View Post
If there were three million people, you wouldn't be able to walk down the street. It would be wall-to-wall people for at least a mile in every direction.
Yep. Just another example of how out of touch with reality those people were. They really believed there was massive voter fraud. They really believed that Mike Pence could have done something about the election result. They really believed Congress might vote to change the election result.

This person really believed there were three million people who could fit on that portion of the National Mall or Pennsylvania Avenue. She also believed it was a good idea to jump through a broken door to get into the House of Representatives. If only someone would have been able to convince her that some of those other things were false, maybe she would not have believed that one, and she would still be with us today.

The big problem with these people is not ideology. It's just refusal to believe reality. Were Americans always that stupid? Has the internet and the "news bubbles" it enabled made us stupider, or has it just enabled the stupid to become better organized?
Old 9th January 2021, 10:01 PM   #94
MarkCorrigan
Winter is Coming

That's a wild underestimate I would imagine.

I live in a fairly crowded city here in the UK. It's just over 38 square miles. Now, obviously not everyone is filling every inch of space, but it contains a lot of blocks of flats and it has a population of about 300k. I can only imagine what 3 million people would look like.

Wembley Stadium here in the UK is a big stadium. It has to be, it's the home of the England football team, one of the most popular sports in the country, and the national team of by far the largest section of the UK population. It holds 90k.

3 million people is an insane number of people. The population of Washington D.C. is just under 690k. Did they really, really think that nearly 4 and a half times the city population COULD come, let alone would or did?

There were in 2019 7,628 commercial planes operating in the United States. Assuming that the average capacity is 200 (the capacity of a 757, so this is probably too high) that would mean that even if the ENTIRE commercial airliner capacity of the United States was just used to ferry these delusional gravy seals to the capital, most of the planes would need to make 2 trips.

These people are insane, moronic, or both.

They for example thought that slavery was perfectly fine, absolutely OK, and then they didn't and what is the point of the Catholic Church if it says "Oh we couldn't know better because no one else did" THEN WHAT ARE YOU FOR? - Stephen Fry
MarkCorrigan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th January 2021, 10:12 PM   #95
Mumbles
Philosopher

To be fair, most people have little ability to even make a rough estimate of crowd sizes. Park Services uses arial photos and a few key asumptions to make a ballpark estimate, but from the ground, and one saying "We have X number of people" without a definite count (such as actual tickets, entry tickers, etc.) is almost always wildly overestimating the matter.

(Why an overestimate? My guess is it's just because the people yammering on the ground are the sympathizers, it makes them feel better to have a larger number.)
Mumbles is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th January 2021, 01:56 AM   #96
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by turingtest View Post
What a defense- "Your honor, our client, a man who has been President for the last four years, is such an incoherent nincompoop that nothing he says can ever reasonably be held to be what anybody else may have understood him to mean."
Something similar actually worked for Tucker Carlson when his lawyers successfully argued in a lawsuit that, given Carlson's reputation, any reasonable viewer would take anything he said with a great deal of skepticism. IOW: you can't believe what he says. It could work for Donnie.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th January 2021, 02:08 AM   #97
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

I am outraged that the "I didn't know" defense can work when you are literally surrounded by the best experts in the world, eager to brief you.
Old 10th January 2021, 03:33 AM   #98
timhau
NWO Litter Technician

Location: Looks like Finland. Smells like Finland. Quacks like Finland. Where the hell am I?
I have an idea of what the morons who stormed the Capitol should achieve: a felony conviction. Real hard time for anyone who was involved in violence. Ditto for anyone who stole or broke anything (including windows). But for the LARP-revolutionaries like "They maced me"-Elizabeth from Knoxville, I don't know... if all they did was enter the Capitol when someone had already kicked in the doors, maybe jail is a bith harsh. Instead, they should get a valuable civics lesson.

This map of the US marks states based on felon disenfranchisement. The darker the color, the more strict their rules. The (fittingly) orange states are ones where felons are not allowed to vote until their probationary period ends. I assume the orange and darker-colored areas were well represented on Wednesday.

So, what the Elizabeths in the crowd should get is a felony conviction with possibly no jail time but the maximum probationary period. Maybe you could add mandatory civics classes as community service to drive it home that disenfranchisement is not when your guy loses the election.
Old 10th January 2021, 04:19 AM   #99
SuburbanTurkey
Philosopher

I AGREE

I mean, she was right. Fash getting clapped by the cops is pretty cool and it so rarely happens, so you gotta savor each moment.

Objectively a cool thing that happened.

Last edited by SuburbanTurkey; 10th January 2021 at 04:27 AM.
SuburbanTurkey is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th January 2021, 04:31 AM   #100
SuburbanTurkey
Philosopher

Relevant comic:

https://twitter.com/PinkWug/status/1...990081/photo/1
Old 10th January 2021, 05:09 AM   #101
dirtywick
Master Poster

they expected him to have some kind of master plan. he told them he won, he told them to come to dc, then he told them to go home.
dirtywick is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th January 2021, 05:22 AM   #102
Jack by the hedge
Safely Ignored

Originally Posted by dirtywick View Post
they expected him to have some kind of master plan. he told them he won, he told them to come to dc, then he told them to go home.
He probably thought he had a master plan too. Someone somewhere once said they only had to kick the doors in and the whole rotten edifice would collapse. (Yeah, that guy. Sorry.) So he got them to kick the doors in. Didn't work this time either. Now he's in his bunker unable to tweet about how his low-class troops let him down. Sad.
Jack by the hedge is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th January 2021, 06:03 AM   #103
Darat
Lackey
Administrator

Originally Posted by dirtywick View Post
Link in this post supports that view.

Originally Posted by Wudang View Post
Interesting article by someone who’s been watching Trump followers on the internet. https://www.gq.com/story/man-predict...coup-interview
Old 10th January 2021, 06:08 AM   #104
Darat
Lackey
Administrator

That’s not true. Look at Trump’s record breaking biggest ever crowd at his inauguration and the photos show even with all those millions packed in front of the Capitol there is still lots of space.....
Old 10th January 2021, 06:12 AM   #105
Safe-Keeper
Penultimate Amazing

My impression is part that they pulled a Breivik -- that they thought the country would rise up with them when they started the glorious revolution -- and part that they followed the far-right trend of livestreaming terrorist attacks. You know, when they go into a mosque or synagogue and start shooting people, and they film the attack with a GoPro so that their buddies can watch and use it as a propaganda material later. Maybe they thought they'd be hailed as heroes.

The fact that they're being arrested en masse tells me they didn't even bother going into hiding after the attack. They probably just went home and had a beer together in the backyard. It's bizarre.
"He's like a drunk being given a sobriety test by the police after being pulled over. Just as a drunk can't walk a straight line, Trump can't think in a straight line. He's all over the place."--Stacyhs
"If you are still hung up on that whole words-have-meaning thing, then 2020 is going to be a long year for you." --Ladewig
Safe-Keeper is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th January 2021, 06:22 AM   #106
Darat
Lackey
Administrator

Originally Posted by Safe-Keeper View Post
My impression is part that they pulled a Breivik -- that they thought the country would rise up with them when they started the glorious revolution -- and part that they followed the far-right trend of livestreaming terrorist attacks. You know, when they go into a mosque or synagogue and start shooting people, and they film the attack with a GoPro so that their buddies can watch and use it as a propaganda material later. Maybe they thought they'd be hailed as heroes.

The fact that they're being arrested en masse tells me they didn't even bother going into hiding after the attack. They probably just went home and had a beer together in the backyard. It's bizarre.
I’ve said it before. This is what the privilege of being a member of the comfortable class looks like. These are folks that are so used to the world giving them what they want when they want it that they sincerely believe that if they are doing something it is right.
Old 10th January 2021, 06:23 AM   #107
turingtest
Mistral, mistral wind...

Originally Posted by timhau View Post
I have an idea of what the morons who stormed the Capitol should achieve: a felony conviction. Real hard time for anyone who was involved in violence. Ditto for anyone who stole or broke anything (including windows). But for the LARP-revolutionaries like "They maced me"-Elizabeth from Knoxville, I don't know... if all they did was enter the Capitol when someone had already kicked in the doors, maybe jail is a bith harsh. Instead, they should get a valuable civics lesson.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...States.svg.png

This map of the US marks states based on felon disenfranchisement. The darker the color, the more strict their rules. The (fittingly) orange states are ones where felons are not allowed to vote until their probationary period ends. I assume the orange and darker-colored areas were well represented on Wednesday.

So, what the Elizabeths in the crowd should get is a felony conviction with possibly no jail time but the maximum probationary period. Maybe you could add mandatory civics classes as community service to drive it home that disenfranchisement is not when your guy loses the election.
And apparently what they can expect now is that they get the felony convictions for doing what Trump said to do, but he, in the name of "healing the divide," suffers no consequences at all for having said it. And they will probably think that's just fine.

Life was a short shelf that came with bookends- Stephen King
turingtest is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th January 2021, 07:08 AM   #108
newyorkguy
Penultimate Amazing

This is one problem with the trump regime's lack of transparency. trump refusing to take questions from the media. Having press secretaries like Kayleigh McEnany who seldom hold press conferences and when they do either refuse to answer questions or become evasive and confrontational. On December 19th trump tweeted:
Quote:
"Peter Navarro releases 36-page report alleging election fraud 'more than sufficient' to swing victory to Trump https://t.co/D8KrMHnFdK. A great report by Peter. Statistically impossible to have lost the 2020 Election. Big protest in D.C. on January 6th. Be there, will be wild!" — Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) CBS News New Orleans WWL
A normal administration would have made themselves available at some point to answer questions one would expect the media to ask:
  • Why is the president calling people to a protest in Washington?
  • What is the purpose?
  • What does the president expect the protest to accomplish?
  • What does he mean by 'wild?'
  • Is there any concern this protest could become violent?

But the trump regime mostly avoids answering questions so we -- the media and the public -- never had that conversation. The interactions with the press serve a purpose for the administrations as well. If trump or McEnany had been been put in a position where they had to convince seasoned Washington media representatives that this protest was a good idea, that it would not necessarily lead to violence, it may well have forced the trump regime to rethink the whole idea. The Founding Fathers created freedom of the press for some very good reasons. They saw a free press as an ombudsman for the general public. A way to force a regime like trump's to have to justify their policies to the general public.

So many news articles I read about trump always included, "The White House and the trump campaign did not respond to requests for comment."

What a total nightmare these past four years have been.
newyorkguy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th January 2021, 07:56 AM   #109
slyjoe
Master Poster

This is one problem with the trump regime's lack of transparency. trump refusing to take questions from the media. Having press secretaries like Kayleigh McEnany who seldom hold press conferences and when they do either refuse to answer questions or become evasive and confrontational.
...snip
What a total nightmare these past four years have been.
Speaking of press secretaries, Forbes had something to say about Trump's four (Sean Spicer, Sarah Huckabee Sanders, Stephanie Grisham, and Kayleigh McEnany).

Quote:
If any company plans on hiring one of these press secretaries, Forbes plans on scrutinizing those businesses.

Lane wrote, “Hire any of Trump’s fellow fabulists above, and Forbes will assume that everything your company or firm talks about is a lie. We’re going to scrutinize, double-check, investigate with the same skepticism we’d approach a Trump tweet. Want to ensure the world’s biggest business media brand approaches you as a potential funnel of disinformation? Then hire away.”
http://www.justjared.com/2021/01/09/...s-secretaries/
"You have done nothing to demonstrate an understanding of scientific methodology or modern skepticism, both of which are, by necessity, driven by the facts and evidence, not by preconceptions, and both of which are strengthened by, and rely upon, change." - Arkan Wolfshade
slyjoe is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th January 2021, 08:57 AM   #110
turingtest
Mistral, mistral wind...

What does Trump really think of his supporters? (Business Insider via MSN):

Quote:
In a short speech the day after the terrorist attack on the Capitol, Trump did not apologize for inciting these individuals to insurrection. That would mean that he would actually have to take some responsibility. He did, however, sacrifice his loyal supporters to America's anger, disavowing them and saying that they would be punished to the fullest extent of the law for their crimes.
When he tells them he "loves them" and that "they're special" like he did in a video following the insurrection, he's just manipulating them. What's more telling is what Trump does and says to his supporters when he's under duress. According to reports, once Trump realized he could face legal consequences for inciting them to violence he denounced them.

turingtest is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th January 2021, 09:23 AM   #111
pgwenthold
Penultimate Amazing

What did Timothy McVeigh expect after he bombed the federal building in OkC?
Old 10th January 2021, 09:50 AM   #112
Ladewig
I lost an avatar bet.

Republican Senator Roy Blout Jr speaking on Face the Nation:

“The president has touched a hot stove and is unlikely to touch it again.”

Shut up. Shut up. ShutUpShutUpShutUp.

Wednesday evening he was confused as to why his staffers were not as excited as he was.
He has not touched a hot stove. Please stop pretending he is normal in any way.
Old 10th January 2021, 10:01 AM   #113
Mader Levap
Graduate Poster

Republifascists.

Retuglicans.

Republiloons.

Degenerates.

There is reason why I call them these (and many other) names. Republicans are wanna-be authoritarian far-rightwing party working hard on "wanna-be" part.

They should have about as much place in democratic process as nazi party.
Old 10th January 2021, 10:17 AM   #114
Darat
Lackey
Administrator

Originally Posted by Ladewig View Post
Republican Senator Roy Blout Jr speaking on Face the Nation:

“The president has touched a hot stove and is unlikely to touch it again.”

Shut up. Shut up. ShutUpShutUpShutUp.

Wednesday evening he was confused as to why his staffers were not as excited as he was.
He has not touched a hot stove. Please stop pretending he is normal in any way.
I am sure Trump has learned a lesson.
Old 10th January 2021, 10:35 AM   #115
alfaniner
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Darat View Post
If that's parroting Susan Collins, you have to put all your consonant diphthongs in the wrong places.

"I ams ureT rumph asl earned al esson."
Old 10th January 2021, 11:00 AM   #116
MRC_Hans
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Darat View Post
Oh, he probably has. He will try a different tactics nest time.

Hans
Old 10th January 2021, 11:30 AM   #117
turingtest
Mistral, mistral wind...

As far as the GOP supporters of Trump's effort to overthrow the election's results go, they can expect to be hit where it might hurt them the most (MarketWatch via MSN):
Quote:
Money talks, and at Marriott International , it’s speaking out loudly against those who objected to the certification of the 2020 election following the riots in D.C. last week.

“We have taken the destructive events at the Capitol to undermine a legitimate and fair election into consideration and will be pausing political giving from our Political Action Committee to those who voted against certification of the election,” a Marriott spokesperson Popular Information.

The political newsletter asked 144 corporations that donated to at least one of the eight objecting senators if they’d continue to offer financial support. In addition to Marriott, Blue Cross Blue Shield and Commerce Bancshares also said they would be suspending donations.

Old 10th January 2021, 12:09 PM   #118
newyorkguy
Penultimate Amazing

This is good news.
Quote:
We have taken the destructive events at the Capitol to undermine a legitimate and fair election...
This is the reality that needs to become established. It WAS a fair election. The election was NOT rigged. As a foreign prime minister was quoted as saying, "The astonishing fact is, it is president trump who appears to be trying to 'rig' the election, but that fact seems lost on a sizable segment of the American public."

To Wednesday's protesters. You are NOT patriots. You're the opposite. You tried to overturn the results of a fair election because your candidate lost. Even Mitch McConnell finally got fed up and said, on the floor of the Senate, the losers were trying to change the result and that can not be allowed to happen. Ever.

Last edited by newyorkguy; 10th January 2021 at 01:20 PM.
Old 10th January 2021, 12:13 PM   #119
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

Originally Posted by MRC_Hans View Post
Oh, he probably has. He will try a different tactics nest time.

Hans
why?
Twitter can't ban him twice?

After the 1st Impeachment, he made the same phone call to Georgia to get his win.
Trump will never learn, he has to be stopped.
Old 10th January 2021, 12:43 PM   #120
timhau
NWO Litter Technician

Location: Looks like Finland. Smells like Finland. Quacks like Finland. Where the hell am I?
Originally Posted by slyjoe View Post
Speaking of press secretaries, Forbes had something to say about Trump's four (Sean Spicer, Sarah Huckabee Sanders, Stephanie Grisham, and Kayleigh McEnany).

http://www.justjared.com/2021/01/09/...s-secretaries/
The original piece is here. Worth a read, and available without paywalls.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics