IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories
 


Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags Coronavirus , Coronavirus conspiracies , diseases , medical conspiracies

Closed Thread
Old 28th January 2022, 09:57 PM   #1761
Aridas
Crazy Little Green Dragon
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: East Coast, US
Posts: 8,893
Originally Posted by bruto View Post
Especially if you omit the part that soon follows.....
Well, because a post of mine was moved here and I accidentally clicked in, I may as well contribute a little. This particular approach to "Masks don't work" just reminds me of an early meme. Specifically, Wear Your Mask: The Urine Test.

That particular reference to it was a year and a half ago - and the concepts invoked by it seem to be both in line with the evidence being cited and well in line with the evidence as a whole. Going a bit further, michaelsuede trying to use THAT as evidence that masks don't work is worth little more than an eyeroll from the start. Normal masks that allow unfiltered air passage have long been known to serve as poor protection from getting infected by others when it comes to covid, with a note that there are also firm indications that mask use reduces average severity of disease - and decent protection for others from infection when used by the infected. Motivated selective amnesia arguments tend to just be annoying to address, though.

Incidentally, I'm reminded of the creationist disproofs of gradualism being used as arguments against evolution... many decades after scientists moved on from gradualism as a workable theory.
__________________
So sayeth the crazy little dragon.

Last edited by Aridas; 28th January 2022 at 10:07 PM.
Aridas is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 28th January 2022, 10:30 PM   #1762
Cosmic Yak
Philosopher
 
Cosmic Yak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Where there's never a road broader than the back of your hand.
Posts: 5,780
Originally Posted by michaelsuede View Post
The first quote is a reason they are investigating, not a statement of fact. Here's a clearer statement of what they concluded.
Quote:
Our results suggest that the recommendation to wear a surgical mask when outside the home among others did not reduce, at conventional levels of statistical significance, the incidence of SARS-CoV-2 infection in mask wearers in a setting where social distancing and other public health measures were in effect, mask recommendations were not among those measures, and community use of masks was uncommon.

That's called a fancy way of say'n - THEY DON'T WORK
No, that's you cherrypicking bits of a report that you think support your claim.
Did you look at the graphic at the beginning of the report? You know, the one that shows reduced infection rates in mask wearers?
Did you read any of this?
Quote:
A systematic review of observational studies reported that mask use reduced risk for SARS, Middle East respiratory syndrome, and COVID-19 by 66% overall, 70% in health care workers, and 44% in the community.

Observational evidence suggests that mask wearing mitigates SARS-CoV-2 transmission,
There are also a great number of caveats, such as improper wearing of masks and whether those around the mask-wearers were also wearing masks, leading the authors to state
Quote:
The most important limitation is that the findings are inconclusive
That's called a fancy way of sayin' -THIS DOESN'T SUPPORT YOUR CLAIM.
__________________
Fortuna Faveat Fatuis
Cosmic Yak is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 28th January 2022, 10:35 PM   #1763
Cosmic Yak
Philosopher
 
Cosmic Yak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Where there's never a road broader than the back of your hand.
Posts: 5,780
Originally Posted by michaelsuede View Post
michaelsuede: How many of those studies refer to Covid-19?
How many of them actually do conclude that masks 'don't work', as you claim?
Did you intentionally link to a retracted study, or did the disinformation source you relied on for this list not tell you that?
By the way, do you know the reasoning behind wearing masks? From these links, it appears you do not.
__________________
Fortuna Faveat Fatuis

Last edited by Cosmic Yak; 28th January 2022 at 10:46 PM.
Cosmic Yak is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 28th January 2022, 10:46 PM   #1764
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing
 
Craig4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: I live in a swamp
Posts: 25,165
Originally Posted by michaelsuede View Post
More confirmation that the vaccines are inuring large numbers of children. Pediatric ICU nurse saw myocarditis jump from 5 to 6 cases a year to 60 after the vaccine rollout. She says she has no doubt that its vaccine related due to the fact that she didn't see any cases come in during the pandemic.

She says MRI follow up showed scaring in about a third of the kids, which indicates a high chance that congestive heart failure may result from the injury. Also says there was no reporting requirement for any of these cases. But don't worry, the government made sure no one can be held responsible for this.

As another anecdote, my co-worker's college age daughter just got the vaccine and ended up in the ICU after a pulmonary embolism and tachycardia.

https://rumble.com/vtge32-tawny-buet...is-after-.html
Of course she did...
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 28th January 2022, 10:52 PM   #1765
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing
 
abaddon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Republic of Ireland
Posts: 23,499
Originally Posted by michaelsuede View Post
The first quote is a reason they are investigating, not a statement of fact. Here's a clearer statement of what they concluded.



That's called a fancy way of say'n - THEY DON'T WORK
So to get it straight, you think that under surgery, nobody should be masked because it does not work. Not the surgeon, or the nurses, or anyone because masks do not work.
__________________
Who is General Failure? And why is he reading my hard drive?


...love and buttercakes...
abaddon is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 29th January 2022, 12:31 AM   #1766
Pixel42
SchrŲdinger's cat
 
Pixel42's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Malmesbury, UK
Posts: 14,618
Originally Posted by Tippit View Post
If "one" reported adverse event was shown to be causal, then the fraction can't be zero, obviously.
Obviously.

So far, last I heard, the only type of adverse event for which a causal link has been established is the blood clot problem, but that alone makes it non zero. I don't know what the latest figure for that is, but I believe it's in the hundreds. Doubtless some are among the VAERS reported events.

Quote:
Are you contending with a straight face, that for all the vaccine associated mortality depicted in this VAERS graph representing 22,193 dead people, that only one person's death was actually caused by the vaccine?
No. I'm saying that the default assumption for each type of adverse event reported to VAERS is that it is unconnected to the vaccine until or unless there is good reason to think otherwise. Good reason is a rate of incidence of the event which is higher than usual, and is correlated with administration of the vaccine. There has already been good reason to think otherwise for one type of event, there may turn out to be good reason for others. But there's no reason to assume so.

Quote:
These people presumably died in close temporal proximity to being vaccinated. Are all of these deaths just one big coincidence? Are you a coincidence theorist?
One of the cognitive biases which have been built into our brains by evolution is a tendency to vastly underestimate the frequency with which coincidences can be expected to occur. It is a big factor in much stubborn insistence in believing in the paranormal, despite the objective evidence proving it not to be true. Belief in astrology, dowsing, miracles etc can be traced back to it, and the consequent confirmation bias. "There's no such thing as coincidence" is one of the stupidist statements that the scientifically illiterate solemnly repeat to each other in the belief that they are being profound. I'm not as familiar with conspiracy theories as I am with pseudoscience, but from what I've read that same inability to accept that their intuition and common sense are not reliable guides to what is or is not likely to be a coincidence is a significant factor in most of them too.
__________________
"If you trust in yourself ... and believe in your dreams ... and follow your star ... you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things" - Terry Pratchett

Last edited by Pixel42; 29th January 2022 at 01:41 AM. Reason: Typo
Pixel42 is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 29th January 2022, 12:33 AM   #1767
Tippit
Guest
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Florida
Posts: 4,038
Originally Posted by abaddon View Post
So to get it straight, you think that under surgery, nobody should be masked because it does not work. Not the surgeon, or the nurses, or anyone because masks do not work.
Surgical masks work for surgery, preventing bodily fluids from splashing the face, bacteria, and protozoans, but not for preventing .1 micron highly contagious aerosolized viruses. In other words, different masks work (or do not work as the case may be) for different applications.
Tippit is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 29th January 2022, 12:40 AM   #1768
Cosmic Yak
Philosopher
 
Cosmic Yak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Where there's never a road broader than the back of your hand.
Posts: 5,780
Originally Posted by Tippit View Post
Surgical masks work for surgery, preventing bodily fluids from splashing the face, bacteria, and protozoans, but not for preventing .1 micron highly contagious aerosolized viruses. In other words, different masks work (or do not work as the case may be) for different applications.
You are assuming that viruses spread from our noses and mouths as individual viruses.
This assumption is incorrect.
__________________
Fortuna Faveat Fatuis
Cosmic Yak is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 29th January 2022, 12:40 AM   #1769
Mojo
Mostly harmless
 
Mojo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Nor Flanden
Posts: 35,774
Originally Posted by michaelsuede View Post
More confirmation that the vaccines are inuring large numbers of children. Pediatric ICU nurse saw myocarditis jump from 5 to 6 cases a year to 60 after the vaccine rollout. She says she has no doubt that its vaccine related due to the fact that she didn't see any cases come in during the pandemic.

She says MRI follow up showed scaring in about a third of the kids,

Thatís probably because of people spouting alarmist conspiracy theories about the vaccines at them.
__________________
"You got to use your brain." - McKinley Morganfield

"The poor mystic homeopaths feel like petted house-cats thrown at high flood on the breaking ice." - Leon Trotsky
Mojo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 29th January 2022, 12:41 AM   #1770
Tippit
Guest
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Florida
Posts: 4,038
Originally Posted by Pixel42 View Post
No. I'm saying that the default assumption for each type of adverse event reported to VAERS is that it is unconnected to the vaccine until or unless there is good reason to think otherwise. Good reason is a rate of incidence of the event which is higher than usual, and is correlated with administration of the vaccine. There has already been good reason to think otherwise for one type of event, there may turn out to be good reason for others. But there's no reason to assume so.
And so for all of the otherwise healthy people with no co-morbidities who comprise those 22,193 and died shortly after being "vaccinated", your default assumption would be that their deaths were unconnected to the "vaccine"? What makes you think that's a reasonable assumption?
Tippit is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 29th January 2022, 12:54 AM   #1771
MBDK
Critical Thinker
 
MBDK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 313
Originally Posted by Tippit View Post
In other words, different masks work (or do not work as the case may be) for different applications.
Too bad you can't understand that the cloth masks work effectively for their own intended application - to limit the spread of the virus by an infected individual.
MBDK is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 29th January 2022, 01:00 AM   #1772
MBDK
Critical Thinker
 
MBDK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 313
Originally Posted by Tippit View Post
And so for all of the otherwise healthy people with no co-morbidities who comprise those 22,193 and died shortly after being "vaccinated", your default assumption would be that their deaths were unconnected to the "vaccine"? What makes you think that's a reasonable assumption?
What makes YOU think ANY of the 22,193 who died were otherwise healthy people with no comorbidities?
MBDK is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 29th January 2022, 01:01 AM   #1773
Pixel42
SchrŲdinger's cat
 
Pixel42's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Malmesbury, UK
Posts: 14,618
Originally Posted by Tippit View Post
And so for all of the otherwise healthy people with no co-morbidities who comprise those 22,193 and died shortly after being "vaccinated", your default assumption would be that their deaths were unconnected to the "vaccine"? What makes you think that's a reasonable assumption?
I see no reason to assume that these 22,193 people were "otherwise healthy people with no co-morbidities". Anyone can report events to VAERS, there's no way to ensure the reports are limited to such cases. I looked at the VAERS mortality data a while back and could see no indication that the events had been processed or filtered, but I could have missed it. What has led you to think that this number comprises only "otherwise healthy people with no co-morbidities"?

The other piece of data I would need before concluding that this number is alarming is the normal sudden death rate for "otherwise healthy people with no co-morbidities" with which it can be compared.
__________________
"If you trust in yourself ... and believe in your dreams ... and follow your star ... you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things" - Terry Pratchett
Pixel42 is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 29th January 2022, 01:09 AM   #1774
Planigale
Philosopher
 
Planigale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: 49 North
Posts: 5,617
Originally Posted by Tippit View Post
You mean, the freedom of speech that doesn't exist on the platforms owned by the largest corporations in the world? The one way top-down "freedom of speech" enjoyed by Dr. Anthony Fauci, who is directly responsible for the deaths of hundreds of thousands of people by panning early effective treatments for Covid, in favor of toxic experimental gene therapies that he has a direct financial conflict of interest in as a shareholder, and/or once hospitalized, "treatment" with expensive protocols that are effective only at monetizing the patients they are killing? The "post-truth" culture promoted by lying, propagandizing media and government? The financial incentives provided by Medicare to hospitals for Covid deaths, and ventilator usage that I just documented only a few posts up?

Yeah, no. Your explanation is rejected.

The discrepancy in per capita Covid mortality in the US is explained by the simple fact that the "vaccines" coupled with the gross negligence and malpractice by hospitals is literally killing people and then naming the cause of death Covid, and where it is not, every death with Covid is statistically misrepresented as a death by Covid.
As someone who actually sees people dying from Covid, I can tell you this is untrue as the vast majority of those dying from covid are the unvaccinated. In the UK we certainly differentiate death with Covid from death by Covid on death certificates.

Even your arguments about funding do not explain why the same pattern of deaths is seen in countries with centrally funded health care where each case is a cost not a profit and their is a significant disincentive to e.g. ventilate unnecessarily.
Planigale is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 29th January 2022, 01:19 AM   #1775
Planigale
Philosopher
 
Planigale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: 49 North
Posts: 5,617
Originally Posted by DetectedMotion View Post
Since the vaccines were initially emergency use only and the Covid 19 was a novel virus, right? There was not a big testing sample group early on with any of the vaccines from Phizer, Moderna or J & J and certainly not much on mice.
These drugs were experimental, so the science needs to have these questions answered in order to improve upon the vaccination effectiveness.
The Hatchard report from New Zealand is a critical report to check out. Early on NZ locked down and did not open back up until most of their population was fully vaccinated and the report is a very telling one that's worth a serious look.
https://youtu.be/VVxmAIKjYM4
Can you link to the actual report as opposed to someone's opinion on it?
Planigale is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 29th January 2022, 01:22 AM   #1776
Planigale
Philosopher
 
Planigale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: 49 North
Posts: 5,617
Originally Posted by Tippit View Post
The ones that use lipid nanoparticles to deliver to and program your ribosomes with synthetic messenger RNA to produce a genetically modified (GMO) version of the wild virus spike protein, for the hopeful purpose of generating an immune response which clearly fails to prevent transmission of the virus, and may reduce your risks of hospitalization and death due to Covid infection, while adding future unknown risks.
Do you know how vaccines work? For instance how does smallpox vaccine work/
Planigale is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 29th January 2022, 01:30 AM   #1777
Planigale
Philosopher
 
Planigale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: 49 North
Posts: 5,617
Originally Posted by Tippit View Post
First we were lied to that the "vaccines" would prevent infection, and now, it's beginning to look like the claim that they reduce the likelihood of severe illness or death is a lie too:

Nearly 40 percent of all Illinois COVID deaths in the last month are breakthroughs.

So what's going on? Is their efficacy waning, or was it never there to begin with?
So that means over 60% of over Illinois deaths are in the unvaccinated. Approximately 90% of deaths are in the over 65s and the vaccination rate in the over 65s is about 90%. So the 10% of the unvaccinated are contributing 60% of deaths. So I think your statistic says unvaccinated 6 times more likely to die; pretty good evidence of protection?
Planigale is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 29th January 2022, 01:34 AM   #1778
Planigale
Philosopher
 
Planigale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: 49 North
Posts: 5,617
Originally Posted by Tippit View Post
If you read the article, the pertinent question was:



Either Pritzker was lying about the rate of vaxxed in the ICU, or for some reason, vaxxed people are much more likely to avoid the ICU altogether and expire at home. Which do you think it is?
I can tell you that!

The vaccinated patients who die from covid are those with advanced diseases who decline ICU admission or are felt inappropriate for ICU admission. So they are a much higher risk group than the unvaccinated again emphasising the protective effect of vaccines.
Planigale is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 29th January 2022, 01:42 AM   #1779
Planigale
Philosopher
 
Planigale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: 49 North
Posts: 5,617
Originally Posted by Tippit View Post
The modification occurred in the RNA that codes the protein. The protein isnít the same as the protein coded by the virus that exists in the wild, as a result of the tampering with the RNA.

In addition the adenoviral vector vaccines are GMO as well, they use a genetically modified and deactivated pseudovirus to deliver a DNA payload which itself instructs cells to code modified spike proteins that donít exist in nature.

The epitopes are similar enough that they produce antibodies, but how effective they are against different variants isnít clear.

There are also a lot of toxic proteins that exist in nature which can produce different types of illness, from acute poisonings to causing cancers down the road. The modifications to the spike protein are presumed to be beneficial, but I donít believe anyone really knows, because the long term hasnít arrived yet. The intermediate term hasnít even arrived yet.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You may have missed the fact that there isn't just one spike protein? The whole thing about the variants is the continual (random) genetic modification of the virus resulting in multiple variants of the spike (and other) proteins, including some modifications of the spike protein allowing the virus to escape immune surveillance due to previous SARS-CoV-2 infection, hence omicron causes infections in those previously infected by alpah or delta variants.
Planigale is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 29th January 2022, 01:45 AM   #1780
Planigale
Philosopher
 
Planigale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: 49 North
Posts: 5,617
Originally Posted by michaelsuede View Post
Those sources are pretty much garbage. The Stanford study was an RCT on the promotion of face masks, not an actual trial. All the epidemiology on it is junk science.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to understand that respiratory viruses like COVID, flu, the common cold, etc.. which spread through aerosols are not stopped by a mask.

Ask anyone who lives in a northern latitude what happens when they breathe through a facemask or scarf in winter.

Masks are purely being pushed as a method of social control and virtue signaling. They offer no protection. They are a visible display of unity with other mass formation adherents, further reinforcing the collective.
I am curious how do you explain the dramatic fall in other respiratory viruses such as flu, common cold viruses?
Planigale is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 29th January 2022, 02:14 AM   #1781
Cosmic Yak
Philosopher
 
Cosmic Yak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Where there's never a road broader than the back of your hand.
Posts: 5,780
Originally Posted by Planigale View Post
Can you link to the actual report as opposed to someone's opinion on it?
I have already pointed out to DetectedMotion that the Hatchard report is a website, not an actual report.
He did not appear to know this, nor has he acknowledged this. I would therefore suggest that linking to an actual report is impossible, since it does not exist.
Of course, DetectedMotion could always set the record straight.....
__________________
Fortuna Faveat Fatuis
Cosmic Yak is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 29th January 2022, 03:43 AM   #1782
Carrot Flower King
Master Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Location: Northumberland, UK
Posts: 2,378
Originally Posted by michaelsuede View Post
She was fired, which you would know if you listened to what she had to say. I hope you vaccinate your kids. Kids are at great risk from COVID.
Don't watch random vids on the net, especially when I don't know it's a trustworthy site.

I did read the linked Kirsch piece and he did not say she was fired.

There are many reasons a nurse can be fired: how do we know that this had anything to do with Covid? Any supporting documents anywhere? Maybe she was just crap at her job? Maybe she assaulted a patient? Maybe she was stealing from work? Drunk at work? Time sheet fraud? Just to pick 5 reasons I know for nurses being fired.

Why on earth would you assume I have children? Just something else you plucked from the air?

Last edited by Carrot Flower King; 29th January 2022 at 04:12 AM. Reason: Another Reasons
Carrot Flower King is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 29th January 2022, 04:37 AM   #1783
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing
 
abaddon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Republic of Ireland
Posts: 23,499
Originally Posted by michaelsuede View Post
She was fired, which you would know if you listened to what she had to say. I hope you vaccinate your kids. Kids are at great risk from COVID.
Odd. Tippit claims that kids are at no risk from COVID.

So which is it?
__________________
Who is General Failure? And why is he reading my hard drive?


...love and buttercakes...
abaddon is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 29th January 2022, 04:42 AM   #1784
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing
 
Captain_Swoop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 42,145
Originally Posted by Tippit View Post
Surgical masks work for surgery, preventing bodily fluids from splashing the face, bacteria, and protozoans, but not for preventing .1 micron highly contagious aerosolized viruses. In other words, different masks work (or do not work as the case may be) for different applications.
You still don't know how a virus leaves the body in exhaled breath?

It's not like it hasn't been explained. Why would you still be making this same claim after all this time.
Captain_Swoop is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 29th January 2022, 04:43 AM   #1785
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing
 
Captain_Swoop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 42,145
Originally Posted by abaddon View Post
Odd. Tippit claims that kids are at no risk from COVID.

So which is it?
Whichever is convenient in the moment.
Captain_Swoop is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 29th January 2022, 04:48 AM   #1786
Pixel42
SchrŲdinger's cat
 
Pixel42's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Malmesbury, UK
Posts: 14,618
Originally Posted by abaddon View Post
Odd. Tippit claims that kids are at no risk from COVID.

So which is it?
I suspect michaelsuede is attempting sarcasm.

Most children are at little risk from COVID, but they can still spread it to those who are at much greater risk from it.
__________________
"If you trust in yourself ... and believe in your dreams ... and follow your star ... you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things" - Terry Pratchett
Pixel42 is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 29th January 2022, 05:43 AM   #1787
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing
 
abaddon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Republic of Ireland
Posts: 23,499
Originally Posted by Pixel42 View Post
I suspect michaelsuede is attempting sarcasm.

Most children are at little risk from COVID, but they can still spread it to those who are at much greater risk from it.
Perhaps you should read his other threads.
__________________
Who is General Failure? And why is he reading my hard drive?


...love and buttercakes...
abaddon is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 29th January 2022, 07:35 AM   #1788
W.D.Clinger
Illuminator
 
W.D.Clinger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 4,398
Originally Posted by Tippit View Post
You, like most pseudo-skeptics, just suffer from massive egos and the hubris that thinks that not only do you represent "science", but that you know everything about everything.
...said the mesomorph who has expressed, in no uncertain terms, his belief that he is fitter, stronger, healthier, and faster than anyone else in this thread.

Originally Posted by Foster Zygote View Post
The psychological projection is deafening.
Originally Posted by eerok View Post
That's hilarious.
Originally Posted by Tippit View Post
It's not a question of me not knowing as much as them, it's a question of them lacking credibility.
Tippit is not just fitter, stronger, healthier, and faster than anyone else. He also believes he is more credible.
W.D.Clinger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 29th January 2022, 08:02 AM   #1789
Tippit
Guest
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Florida
Posts: 4,038
Originally Posted by Planigale View Post
Do you know how vaccines work? For instance how does smallpox vaccine work/
The premise of your question is ridiculous, because different vaccines work differently. Smallpox vaccine infects the host to elicit an immune response, but it's not a severe infection because it's been attenuated - in other words, nothing like what I just described about the mRNA "vaccines", which, by the way are leaky and non-sterilizing, unlike the smallpox vaccine.
Tippit is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 29th January 2022, 08:08 AM   #1790
Tippit
Guest
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Florida
Posts: 4,038
Originally Posted by Planigale View Post
So that means over 60% of over Illinois deaths are in the unvaccinated. Approximately 90% of deaths are in the over 65s and the vaccination rate in the over 65s is about 90%. So the 10% of the unvaccinated are contributing 60% of deaths. So I think your statistic says unvaccinated 6 times more likely to die; pretty good evidence of protection?
I don't deny the experimental gene therapy elicits an immune response which offers protection depending on the variant. I'm claiming that Covid mortality stats are bogus, VAERS stats with reasonably inferred reporting rates indicate deaths in the tens or even hundreds of thousands, injuries in the millions, and moderate to severe adverse events in the tens of millions. I'm claiming that hospitals are killing patients and blaming it on Covid, health bureaucrats are killing people by panning early treatments that actually work, and for any protection the "vaccines" offer they probably aren't worth either the short or as yet unknown long term risks, given the efficacy of the suppressed treatments, and infection survival rates. They definitely aren't worth the risks in children, and especially young males.
Tippit is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 29th January 2022, 08:10 AM   #1791
Tippit
Guest
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Florida
Posts: 4,038
Originally Posted by Planigale View Post
You may have missed the fact that there isn't just one spike protein? The whole thing about the variants is the continual (random) genetic modification of the virus resulting in multiple variants of the spike (and other) proteins, including some modifications of the spike protein allowing the virus to escape immune surveillance due to previous SARS-CoV-2 infection, hence omicron causes infections in those previously infected by alpah or delta variants.
Right. This doesn't change the fact that the "vaccine" spike is a product of GMO RNA.
Tippit is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 29th January 2022, 08:13 AM   #1792
Steve
Penultimate Amazing
 
Steve's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Sydney Nova Scotia
Posts: 11,220
Originally Posted by W.D.Clinger View Post
...said the mesomorph who has expressed, in no uncertain terms, his belief that he is fitter, stronger, healthier, and faster than anyone else in this thread.






Tippit is not just fitter, stronger, healthier, and faster than anyone else. He also believes he is more credible.
Kid Creole and the Coconuts have a song about Tippit. Unfortunately they committed the cardinal sing of spelling his name wrong.

Endicott's up by 5 o'clock
Endicott's givin' it all he got
Endicott's job is six to nine but
Endicott's home by nine O five
Endicott helps to cook the steak
Endicott helps to wash the plates
Endicott puts the kids to bed
Endicott reads a book to them
Endicott loves Tribena so
Endicott puts her on a pedestal
Endicott's wish is her command but
Endicott don't make no demands
Endicott's always back in time
Endicott's not the cheatin' kind
Endicott's full of compliment
Endicott's such a gentleman
Cause I'm free
Free of any made-to-order liabilities
Thank God I'm free
Cos it's hard enough for me
to take care of me, oh-oh
Endicott's carryin' a heavy load but
Endicott never really ever moans
Endicott's not a wealthy guy but
Endicott pays the bills on time
Endicott's got ideas and plans
Endicott's what you call a real man
Endicott always will provide 'cause
Endicott is the family type
Cause I'm free
Freer than a pirate on a frigate out at sea
Thank God I'm free
Driftin' all around just like a tumbleweed, oh-oh
Maybe I need someone
Someone who isn't undone
Maybe an older woman
Will tolerate me
Maybe that certain someone
Older and wiser woman
Maybe the perfect someone
To satisfy me
Endicott keeps his body clean
Endicott don't use nicotine
Endicott don't drink alcohol
Endicott use no drugs at all
Endicott don't eat any sweet
Endicott don't eat pig feet
Endicott's frame is mighty strong
Endicott make love hard and long
Endicott loves Tribena so
Endicott walks her to the sto'
Endicott likes to hold her hand
Endicott's proud to be her man
Endicott stands for decency
Endicott means formality
Endicott's the epitome
Endicott stands for quality
Endicott
Endicott
Endicott
Endicott
__________________
Caption from and old New Yorker cartoon - Why am I shouting? Because I'm wrong!"
Steve is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 29th January 2022, 08:14 AM   #1793
Childlike Empress
Ewige Blumenkraft
 
Childlike Empress's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Ivory Tower
Posts: 20,004
For the dimwits who still claim that the mRNA fake "vaccines" aren't gene therapy, take it from the CEO of Bayer (who own Monsanto): https://youtu.be/OJFKBritLlc?t=5844
__________________
"They threw the babies out of the incubators!" - Vladimir Z
Childlike Empress is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 29th January 2022, 08:14 AM   #1794
Tippit
Guest
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Florida
Posts: 4,038
Originally Posted by Planigale View Post
I can tell you that!

The vaccinated patients who die from covid are those with advanced diseases who decline ICU admission or are felt inappropriate for ICU admission. So they are a much higher risk group than the unvaccinated again emphasising the protective effect of vaccines.
So on the one hand, there is a tendency for every death with Covid to be labeled by Covid, but on the other hand, there is a tendency to label every vaccinated breakthrough death as "advanced disease with Covid". Does that sound about right? I think it does.
Tippit is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 29th January 2022, 08:18 AM   #1795
Tippit
Guest
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Florida
Posts: 4,038
Originally Posted by Captain_Swoop View Post
You still don't know how a virus leaves the body in exhaled breath?

It's not like it hasn't been explained. Why would you still be making this same claim after all this time.
Some of it is in droplets, some of it is aerosolized. Regardless, the results of the study are clear - surgical masks are useless at preventing infection. Since we know cloth masks are far less effective than even the weakest ASTM level 1 surgical masks, we can infer that cloth masks are less than useless at preventing infection, even though they may theoretically stop some droplets.
Tippit is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 29th January 2022, 08:20 AM   #1796
Tippit
Guest
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Florida
Posts: 4,038
Originally Posted by Childlike Empress View Post
For the dimwits who still claim that the mRNA fake "vaccines" aren't gene therapy, take it from the CEO of Bayer (who own Monsanto): https://youtu.be/OJFKBritLlc?t=5844
Game, set, match. Nice find. Now where is Arthwolipot? "But, but.... no DNA has been altered!"
Tippit is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 29th January 2022, 08:25 AM   #1797
Tippit
Guest
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Florida
Posts: 4,038
Originally Posted by W.D.Clinger View Post

Tippit is not just fitter, stronger, healthier, and faster than anyone else. He also believes he is more credible.
Credibility is a funny thing. I may not have credibility here, per se, but that is less a function of my own credibility, and more a function of pseudo-skeptics inability to believe anything other than their narrative. What I do have, is integrity, and that is independent of what you, or anyone else believes.
Tippit is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 29th January 2022, 08:29 AM   #1798
Tippit
Guest
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Florida
Posts: 4,038
Originally Posted by abaddon View Post
Perhaps you should read his other threads.
Michaelsude is good people. I'm pretty sure he doesn't want you jabbing your kids for a disease with what, a 99.9999% infection survival rate for that demographic?
Tippit is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 29th January 2022, 08:37 AM   #1799
Cosmic Yak
Philosopher
 
Cosmic Yak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Where there's never a road broader than the back of your hand.
Posts: 5,780
Originally Posted by Tippit View Post
The premise of your question is ridiculous, because different vaccines work differently. Smallpox vaccine infects the host to elicit an immune response, but it's not a severe infection because it's been attenuated - in other words, nothing like what I just described about the mRNA "vaccines", which, by the way are leaky and non-sterilizing, unlike the smallpox vaccine.
Not all the Covid vaccines are mRNA, yet you still base your arguments on the assumption that they are.
__________________
Fortuna Faveat Fatuis
Cosmic Yak is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 29th January 2022, 08:41 AM   #1800
Cosmic Yak
Philosopher
 
Cosmic Yak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Where there's never a road broader than the back of your hand.
Posts: 5,780
Originally Posted by Childlike Empress View Post
For the dimwits who still claim that the mRNA fake "vaccines" aren't gene therapy, take it from the CEO of Bayer (who own Monsanto): https://youtu.be/OJFKBritLlc?t=5844
1. No, they aren't: this is yet another example of dishonesty from conspiracy theorists.
https://www.antifake.ro/fact-checkin...ter-human-dna/

2. Would you believe the CEO of Bayer? I'm assuming you wouldn't, so why try to quote him as evidence for something you believe?
__________________
Fortuna Faveat Fatuis
Cosmic Yak is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Closed Thread

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:27 AM.
Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

This forum began as part of the James Randi Education Foundation (JREF). However, the forum now exists as
an independent entity with no affiliation with or endorsement by the JREF, including the section in reference to "JREF" topics.

Disclaimer: Messages posted in the Forum are solely the opinion of their authors.