ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Economics, Business and Finance

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 15th January 2017, 05:31 PM   #881
Samson
Philosopher

Originally Posted by The Central Scrutinizer View Post
I thought we were supposed to buy Aus200?
That too.
Actually I am long both right now, but I chop in and out.
The Aussie200 is on a monthly algo, It has a low probability of failure, the Euro on a daily algo, so hopefully a quicker trade.
Samson is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th January 2017, 10:13 PM   #882
The Central Scrutinizer
Penultimate Amazing

Have we tripled our money yet?

Lupus is Lupus tor central scrutineezer
The Central Scrutinizer is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th January 2017, 11:02 PM   #883
Samson
Philosopher

Have we tripled our money yet?
No. The Aus200 is dropping its guts. The Euro is doing well though.

When America is great again, greater than it's ever been before, the Aus200 should join the party.
Samson is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd January 2017, 02:54 AM   #884
Samson
Philosopher

I see the planets lining up, Euro and Aus200 higher at end of week.

Currently 1.07018

and

Old 23rd January 2017, 01:31 AM   #885
AdMan
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Samson View Post
...I have made no real attempt to interpret fundamentals. I am just not wise enough. I find technical analysis far easier.

I see the planets lining up...

I suppose astrology would probably require the least amount of effort, so I can see why you would find it appealing.
Old 23rd January 2017, 04:57 AM   #886
The Don
Penultimate Amazing

I see the planets lining up, Euro and Aus200 higher at end of week.

Currently 1.07018

and

Probably a 50/50 call on each so you have a 75% chance of being right about at least one. Then again it'd be even higher if you consider it a "win" if either is higher at any point in the week.
The Don is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd January 2017, 05:37 AM   #887
Samson
Philosopher

Originally Posted by The Don View Post
Probably a 50/50 call on each so you have a 75% chance of being right about at least one. Then again it'd be even higher if you consider it a "win" if either is higher at any point in the week.
In fact the monthly Aus chart is intact and cheap so this is a great time to invest.
The euro should get that target currently just 1.0741
Old 7th February 2017, 10:44 AM   #888
The Central Scrutinizer
Penultimate Amazing

No. The Aus200 is dropping its guts. The Euro is doing well though.

When America is great again, greater than it's ever been before, the Aus200 should join the party.
When will that be?

Lupus is Lupus tor central scrutineezer
The Central Scrutinizer is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th February 2017, 03:53 AM   #889
Samson
Philosopher

When will that be?
NOW. America is great right now, just look at that sharemarket go.
Just one more legal victory keeping the rabble at bay....
Old 15th February 2017, 12:06 AM   #890
Samson
Philosopher

It feels like we are almost entering a panic buying phase on Wall Street. It looks another decent leg up today. There could be a quick 7 or 8 percent! This is a feeling not a prediction.
Old 9th March 2017, 11:53 PM   #891
Samson
Philosopher

This is an excellent time to buy those Australian stocks that psionl0 is selling.

Currently Aus200 5782
Old 28th May 2017, 04:33 PM   #892
Samson
Philosopher

This is the last chance for a few months to buy Euro USD.
Why?

Because TA tells us. The tipping point has happened.
Please all help yourselves to this opportunity.
ETA euro currently 1.0568

1.15 is set in concrete.

As always, the thread logs heros and goats.
Time to take profit on those long eur/usd at 1.1177
Maybe go short for a couple of weeks, but take profit anyway.
Old 17th July 2017, 07:56 PM   #893
Samson
Philosopher

This is the last chance for a few months to buy Euro USD.
Why?

Because TA tells us. The tipping point has happened.
Please all help yourselves to this opportunity.
ETA euro currently 1.0568

1.15 is set in concrete.

As always, the thread logs heros and goats.
The Euro just hit 1.1530 US dollars, up about 10% from this recommendation.

Thank you Samson for demonstrating once more technical analysis works, and for the great profit we made.

No trouble at all, don't mention it.

Last edited by Samson; 17th July 2017 at 07:59 PM.
Old 17th July 2017, 08:03 PM   #894
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

The Euro just hit 1.1530 US dollars, up about 10% from this recommendation.

Thank you Samson for demonstrating once more technical analysis works, and for the great profit we made.

No trouble at all, don't mention it.
: ): ): ): ): )
LOL

Originally Posted by Aber View Post
By when?
The old saying is give me a price or give me a time, but don't ask me for both.

There is a reasonable expectation US interest rates rise, and dollar strength continues, so this technical view is slightly contrarian.

I will be simply placing a stop loss at the lows of about 1.0330 and if the picture changes say when.

At a guess april or may.
theprestige is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th July 2017, 08:12 PM   #895
Samson
Philosopher

Yes I made the comment that on fundamentals I would expect the dollar to do better than the euro.
That is why I prefer technical analysis, it is all I ever use for financial markets.
Old 18th July 2017, 05:36 AM   #896
Samson
Philosopher

It was not april or may, nor june, but july.
I am not sure what prestige is saying.
This forum will thrive if people say what they mean and mean what they say.
I made a specific prediction exactly as I did with Apple, and only marplots took notice then. At what sign post will anyone here understand that technical analysis is a market beating facility?
It is not noble, it is not good, but inequality of income from birth, is neither of above. The Donald has lied and cheated his way to the office, you are subservients to ethical principles, so why not make easy money like super models?
Old 18th July 2017, 05:18 PM   #897
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

First, super models work hard for their money.

Second, last time I checked you weren't making much money at all off technical analysis. You had a lot of excuses about why not, though.

This signature is intended to irradiate people.
theprestige is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th July 2017, 06:19 PM   #898
Samson
Philosopher

Originally Posted by theprestige View Post
First, super models work hard for their money.

Second, last time I checked you weren't making much money at all off technical analysis. You had a lot of excuses about why not, though.

I suggested buying the euro and why, there have been more than 200 page views since I updated yesterday, so maybe someone is being helped.
Old 18th July 2017, 06:23 PM   #899
Samson
Philosopher

I will make another recommendation soon, but it will be a short term idea, it will work.
Old 18th July 2017, 07:36 PM   #900
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

I suggested buying the euro and why, there have been more than 200 page views since I updated yesterday, so maybe someone is being helped.
How many Euro did you buy, the day of your prediction? How many did you sell, yesterday? How much easy money did you make off this "prediction" of yours?

Old 19th July 2017, 07:45 AM   #901
Samson
Philosopher

Skeptics on the forum will challenge the relevance of your questions.
As I said, the thread logs predictions, they can never be altered.
The nigglers have disappeared because they are defeated.
Old 19th July 2017, 08:04 AM   #902
Fast Eddie B
Illuminator

No, I expect many of the forum skeptics find themselves between the horns of a dilemma.

On the one hand, there is a strong desire to point out the inanity of the posts being made by one particular person to this thread.

On the other hand, each post - even this one - really just feeds the troll.

So I'll go back to lurking - but like a car wreck its so hard not to at least look.
Old 19th July 2017, 08:29 AM   #903
Samson
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Fast Eddie B View Post
No, I expect many of the forum skeptics find themselves between the horns of a dilemma.

On the one hand, there is a strong desire to point out the inanity of the posts being made by one particular person to this thread.

On the other hand, each post - even this one - really just feeds the troll.

So I'll go back to lurking - but like a car wreck its so hard not to at least look.
Science shows who trolls are, Fast.
Science and applied math (mathematics where I come from).
Welcome back Fast.
Old 20th July 2017, 02:32 AM   #904
Samson
Philosopher

The thread has had nearly 500 views since I recommenced updating. This encourages me, I will make very specific trade recommendations, most of which will work.
Keep reading, loyal followers.
Old 22nd July 2017, 04:44 PM   #905
Samson
Philosopher

I see the dax has triggered a technical sell. This is interesting, grant some calls, buy some puts, or even better sell the open on monday for a ten to 15 day short trade.
Last 12246.
Easy money, if any one likes easy money....

From a fundamental perspective, everything is overcooked. Some NZ funds are 75% cash, this surprised me, but they are the best performing funds. I wonder what they know.
Old 22nd July 2017, 04:58 PM   #906
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

Is that one of your very specific trade predictions?

Old 22nd July 2017, 08:53 PM   #907
Samson
Philosopher

Originally Posted by theprestige View Post
Is that one of your very specific trade predictions?

Yes just like euro. 80% chance of good trade, but I will say when to exit.
Old 27th July 2017, 05:50 AM   #908
Samson
Philosopher

The trade is looking promising.
I have been visiting my friends .....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwlogyj7nFE

Come to the party Fast Eddie

Last edited by Samson; 27th July 2017 at 05:54 AM.
Old 13th August 2017, 04:58 AM   #909
Samson
Philosopher

The dax is dropping as Technical Analysis predicted.
Interestingly, a German friend , (long resident in NZ), phoned me at the weekend out of the blue.
He stated
1. War is pending.
2. German 10 year treasuries are 0.5%, American 2.5%.
3. Interest rates will rise everywhere.

As always, he wants to short everything, he expects a global crash.
The funds in NZ I respect most have been 75% cash for some time, but hey, I am just a technical analyst.

Last edited by Samson; 13th August 2017 at 04:59 AM.
Old 2nd October 2017, 04:26 AM   #910
Samson
Philosopher

Buy gold right now.
This is predicated on an algorithm that scans all markets, today gold is the strange issue of an ancient super nova, not much around, and pledges greatly exceed physical metal.

The monthly chart does not lie. I will tell you all when to take profit on this sublimely straightforward way to make easy money.
Old 2nd October 2017, 01:18 PM   #911
GlennB
Loggerheaded, earth-vexing fustilarian

Buy gold right now.
This is predicated on an algorithm that scans all markets, today gold is the strange issue of an ancient super nova, not much around, and pledges greatly exceed physical metal.

The monthly chart does not lie. I will tell you all when to take profit on this sublimely straightforward way to make easy money.
That includes some time in 2027 ...
Old 2nd October 2017, 08:22 PM   #912
psionl0
Skeptical about skeptics

Originally Posted by GlennB View Post
That includes some time in 2027 ...
Darn! Somebody took the bait!
Old 2nd October 2017, 11:53 PM   #913
GlennB
Loggerheaded, earth-vexing fustilarian

Originally Posted by psionl0 View Post
Darn! Somebody took the bait!
Apologies. It was the cheap wine talking
Old 3rd October 2017, 03:30 AM   #914
Samson
Philosopher

Originally Posted by GlennB View Post
Apologies. It was the cheap wine talking
As always the forum logs.
The dax did pay out, gold will too. Don't forget I suggested euro/usd were cheap at 1.06, now 1.19.

But Americans are smart and dumb simultaneously.

Please stop selling guns to people.

Charlie Wilkes is remembered fondly.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Economics, Business and Finance