ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Social Issues & Current Events

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags murder incidents , UK incidents

Old 15th May 2020, 01:58 AM   #1
The Don
Penultimate Amazing

Local Murder -Very Shocking

When I first heard about this I assumed that I had misheard or it was some kind of sick joke.

Quote:
A police officer is reported to have discovered human remains in a suitcase being carried by a couple in England.

Two people have been arrested on suspicion of murder after the discovery on Tuesday night and a large area on the outskirts of Coleford in Gloucestershire remains cordoned off.
https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/u...tMKHsim7xFFgO4

It seems that the officer saw the couple, thought their actions were suspicious and then made a grisly discovery.
The Don is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th May 2020, 09:59 AM   #2
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

Heh. I read the thread title and immediately felt guilty for thinking of an electrocution joke.

But yes, the actual story is pretty shocking.

Apparently the cordon was put up because more(?) remains were found. The article doesn't explain how it's connected to the couple carrying the body in a suitcase. The impression given is that the couple has transported more than one dead body to that area for disposal.

I wonder if the suitcase has been their transport method all along, or if it's a recent improvement to their previous method.

I also wonder if these killings were personal or professional.

Minor detail that I find engaging: The reporters got a fairly bland statement from the police, so they tried to get more details from local community members. But everyone they talked to could only say, "I dunno, the road was closed when I got here."
theprestige is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Social Issues & Current Events