ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags loose change , final cut

Old 13th November 2007, 05:34 AM   #201
Undesired Walrus
Penultimate Amazing

So, does the Cheney/Bush debacle at the Commission situation require comment?
Undesired Walrus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th November 2007, 06:08 AM   #202
Crazy Chainsaw
Illuminator

Originally Posted by ref View Post
And he also says something along the lines of the passport surviving 9000 gallons of jet fuel exploding. As if all the jet fuel was used to soak the passport and then exploded. The cockpit has no jet fuel. The wings do. And thousands of papers were on the streets after the impacts. They didn't burn either.
Funny thing is I have done test to see how likely it is for a document to survive a jet fuel blast, the blast front expanding air ahead of the fire Shields the paper, 87% of the time, the passport should survive that is what should happen can not believe how Dumb the Loose change film makers actually are.
Crazy Chainsaw is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th November 2007, 06:14 AM   #203
ref
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Crazy Chainsaw View Post
Funny thing is I have done test to see how likely it is for a document to survive a jet fuel blast, the blast front expanding air ahead of the fire Shields the paper, 87% of the time, the passport should survive that is what should happen can not believe how Dumb the Loose change film makers actually are.
Your tests are the best Just confirms how not unlikely at all it was to find that passport in such a good condition.

Conspiracy theories abound and I believe firmly that all of them are without merit. - Chief Daniel Nigro
ref is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th November 2007, 07:07 AM   #204
CurtC
Illuminator

Originally Posted by MetalliSociety View Post
Interesting. If Jones is paying for LTW's living, and he goes bankrupt if LCFC fails, then if this does fail will the Truth Movement effectively collapse?
It's the load transfer beam of the Truth Movement.
Old 13th November 2007, 07:35 AM   #205
Hyperviolet
Damnum Fatale

As an aside:

What's with the jazzy music behind the footage of other plane crashes?
Old 13th November 2007, 07:50 AM   #206
Calcas
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by TC329 View Post
So you're now actually denying AA11 remained on the radar after it's impact with the North Tower?

Really?

Please say yes.
I just ran across this gem from the first page.

TC, am I reading this right?

You want someone to "deny" AA11 remained on the radar after it's impact, correct?

Ok, I deny it. Duh.

Was another plane MISTAKEN for AA11? Perhaps. But, if you read through many of the accounts (including cheapshots) you'll find that someone probably was just passing "old" information along leading the controllers and others to think AA11 was still airborne.

How could it still be on the radar after it crashed? Are you a no planer?
Calcas is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th November 2007, 08:04 AM   #207
JamesB
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Brainster View Post
Just listened to Alex Jones' broadcast today. He went into the second hour before plugging LCFC, which again reinforced my impression that Jones and the LC kids are somewhat on the skids. He made a claim that he personally will have to declare bankruptcy if Loose Change isn't a success.
And you said that nothing good could come from this movie.

It is actually ironic that Mr anti-federal-reserve would have to rely on the modern credit system...
I said lots of things in NPH that I would not say today and that I did not repeat in NPHR, where I specifically corrected at least some of the errors I had made in that earlier book, written 5 years ago.
-David Ray Griffin-
JamesB is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th November 2007, 08:40 AM   #208
Brainster
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Undesired Walrus View Post
So, does the Cheney/Bush debacle at the Commission situation require comment?
I don't doubt that the reason for testifying together was so that there wouldn't be any minor, embarrassing contradictions between the two sets of testimony that could be seized on by either the partisans or the conspiracy theorists. Bush was in a position to demand this and he did. Liberals are in a position to criticize it and they did. Conspiracy theorists are in a position to find it mysterious and they did.

Last edited by Brainster; 13th November 2007 at 08:41 AM.
Brainster is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th November 2007, 08:50 AM   #209
Mangoose
Muse

I didn't mean errors of fact, I meant coding errors, lol

I haven't watched the whole thing, but so far it is synched okay and all.

One funny thing I just noticed that when Dylan talks about those who believe a 757 did not hit the Pentagon, he says they are "fueled" by lack of structural debris, etc., but they way he pronounces it, it comes out sounding like "fooled".
Mangoose is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th November 2007, 09:07 AM   #210
MetalliSociety
Critical Thinker

I thought by far the most compelling video he showed was of George Bush holding the news conference in which he wanted to have the testimonial behind closed doors and not under oath, with Dick Cheney (In order to get their evidence straight wink wink).

It was very edgy and mysterious, which indeed is the loose change way. And it proves to be effective propoganda. At least in my eyes.

I managed to hammer it into myself however that this proves absolutely nothing other than it is a bit fishy.

Any takers on this?
Well what they don't say is that the likes of Bill Clinton, Al Gore, Condi Rice, Colin Powell, Donald Rumsfeld, Paul Wolfowitz, Madeline Albright, Richard A. Clarke, all of which testified under oath and in the public, with the exception of Al Gore.

Is Dylan going to say that all of these govenment officials lied under oath (except Al) to protect Dick and George? This is why it doesn't matter much to me that they weren't under oath, because so many in their cabinet were.

I win again! HIGHFIVE!

Last edited by MetalliSociety; 13th November 2007 at 09:07 AM.
MetalliSociety is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th November 2007, 09:53 AM   #211
Swing Dangler
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by A W Smith View Post
Well. I guess i can just delete the 14 1/2 megabytes out of 631 I started to download last night on Azureus, Nothing to see here. Or maybe I should just continue to download and not view it just to share it. It would be like knifing dylans pockets.
In the time it took me to type this its already at 54 megabytes.
Just curious, why would you want to take away portions of the proceeds that will be going to benefit first responser's and their families?

Or are you willing to give that portion of the proceeds the FealGood Foundation out of your own pocket instead of paying for the film?

Or are you more interested in viewing the film for free rather than helping out first responders?
"I would imagine that if you took the top expert in that type of work and gave him the assignment of bringing these buildings down with explosives, I would bet that he could do it."-John SKilling-Head Structural Engineer WTC-1993 Seattle Times
Swing Dangler is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th November 2007, 10:03 AM   #212
jon
Muse

Originally Posted by Swing Dangler View Post
Just curious, why would you want to take away portions of the proceeds that will be going to benefit first responser's and their families?

Or are you willing to give that portion of the proceeds the FealGood Foundation out of your own pocket instead of paying for the film?

Or are you more interested in viewing the film for free rather than helping out first responders?
That's a great idea - people could donate a few bucks to an appropriate charity when you download the video for free, rather than mess around with paid downloads etc. After all, Louder Than Words said they'll donate more than United 93 did to charity, right - so they need all the donations they can get (and of course Avery et al won't be taking any money for themselves, right?) if they're ever going to reach that $1.25m donation

Maybe someone should suggest this on the Loose Change forum? How about $7 donation if you download and watch the video for free, and $10 if you download the video for free and don't watch all of it...
Old 13th November 2007, 10:03 AM   #213
Unsecured Coins
Hoku-maniac

If I purchased the FC download, only 70 cents would be going to the victims and first responders. I'd rather give that complete 7 dollars to them than have $6.30 go into Dylan's pockets.
Unsecured Coins is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th November 2007, 10:08 AM   #214
A W Smith
Philosopher

No monies will ever make it to the foundation. Alex Jones said just today that he will go bankrupt if this film don't take off. He lamented having to support four people over the course of two years.
You may also want to ask Louder Than Words LLC why they officially released a full length version on Google Video, In that respect They themselves are cheating the feal good foundation.

and since dylan is done making videos why dont he sell off his gigantic flat screens and editing equipment along with his ATVs? Donate Those proceeds.
Galileo:The jury said I didn't have any mental defects or diseases, they declared me 100% sane. Has a jury ever declared you sane?
Donít get me lolín off my chesterfield dude.

Last edited by A W Smith; 13th November 2007 at 10:13 AM.
A W Smith is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th November 2007, 10:14 AM   #215
MetalliSociety
Critical Thinker

I'd rather give the first responders the 7.50 than help pay for Avery, Bermass, and Rowe's way through life.

I win again! HIGHFIVE!
MetalliSociety is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th November 2007, 10:15 AM   #216
jon
Muse

Originally Posted by A W Smith View Post
Alex Jones said just today that he will go bankrupt if this film don't take off. He lamented having to support four people over the course of two years.
I was thinking about that - how much of a hole can you get into from supporting four people with living expenses etc? I've done bits of work for 'good causes' for little or no money - and it's surprising how little you can spend if you cut back on non-essentials (and working excessive hours helps reduce spending opportunities, too ). I wonder how much money the four got through in 2 years...?
Old 13th November 2007, 10:18 AM   #217
JamesB
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Unsecured Coins View Post
If I purchased the FC download, only 70 cents would be going to the victims and first responders. I'd rather give that complete 7 dollars to them than have $6.30 go into Dylan's pockets.
No, he said they would donate 10% of the profits. After buying a new plasma tv, Alex Jones and DRg's fees and some more ATVs, how much profit do you think they will make off of this?
I said lots of things in NPH that I would not say today and that I did not repeat in NPHR, where I specifically corrected at least some of the errors I had made in that earlier book, written 5 years ago.
-David Ray Griffin-
JamesB is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th November 2007, 10:45 AM   #218
Undesired Walrus
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Brainster View Post
I don't doubt that the reason for testifying together was so that there wouldn't be any minor, embarrassing contradictions between the two sets of testimony that could be seized on by either the partisans or the conspiracy theorists. Bush was in a position to demand this and he did. Liberals are in a position to criticize it and they did. Conspiracy theorists are in a position to find it mysterious and they did.
But Brainster, this is such a boring and mundane explanation.

Can you jazz it up a bit?

Actually, here is something extra, why no oath?

Last edited by Undesired Walrus; 13th November 2007 at 10:47 AM.
Undesired Walrus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th November 2007, 11:55 AM   #219
MetalliSociety
Critical Thinker

Why'd Al Gore testify under the same exact conditions?

As I said, the rest of Dubya's cabinet testified in public and under oath, so what's it matter really?

I win again! HIGHFIVE!
Old 13th November 2007, 12:03 PM   #220
Undesired Walrus
Penultimate Amazing

Thinking..

George Bush and Dick Cheney are willing to fib infront of the entire world for 6 years, but feel an oath is too far.

Is there perhaps any law that cannot be inforced if you testify whilst not under oath?
Old 13th November 2007, 12:13 PM   #221
uk_dave
Philosopher

perjury?
uk_dave is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th November 2007, 12:16 PM   #222
MetalliSociety
Critical Thinker

The Commissioners also said that they were quite satisfied with their testimonies. Odds are they wanted this to make sure no stupid mistakes were made (i.e. Cheney making sure Dubya sounded intelligent to them). And what would Gore have to hide that he refused to go under Oath, even though President Clinton did?

I win again! HIGHFIVE!
Old 13th November 2007, 12:46 PM   #223
Undesired Walrus
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by MetalliSociety View Post
The Commissioners also said that they were quite satisfied with their testimonies. Odds are they wanted this to make sure no stupid mistakes were made (i.e. Cheney making sure Dubya sounded intelligent to them). And what would Gore have to hide that he refused to go under Oath, even though President Clinton did?
If we wanted to woo it out a bit, without our brains coming out, we could even speculate something like the Iran-Hezbollah-Al Qeada link was an issue they didn't want the public hearing a statement from the President on.

With this wild speculation aside, we can see how truthers are just like the creationists who believe a gap in the fossil record means God rather than Aliens etc etc.
Old 13th November 2007, 12:49 PM   #224
Unsecured Coins
Hoku-maniac

Originally Posted by JamesB View Post
No, he said they would donate 10% of the profits. After buying a new plasma tv, Alex Jones and DRg's fees and some more ATVs, how much profit do you think they will make off of this?
you're right. With them claiming the final cut cost "six figures to make" and the fact that they didn't bring in 4 grand at the movie theater release, they got a LONG way to go before they start seeing a profit
Unsecured Coins is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th November 2007, 01:07 PM   #225
qarnos
Cold-hearted skeptic

Originally Posted by JamesB View Post
And don't forget to take out the cost of four people living together for two years (WTF?!).

I guess that includes the amount of money Dylan and his friends think they could have made if they'd had real jobs for two years instead of bumming around editing videos.

Then there's all the equipment they bought which contributed in the slightest way to making the movie (like the plasmas).

Take out the costs of four-walling and I reckon the Fealgood Foundation owes LTW about $500,000.
Old 13th November 2007, 01:08 PM   #226
qarnos
Cold-hearted skeptic

Originally Posted by boloboffin View Post
The movie we can't debunk...because Dylan barely says a [rule10] thing!
Presenting LOOSE CHANGE: FINAL CUT

"The movie we can't debunk..." - JREFer.

Old 13th November 2007, 01:17 PM   #227
qarnos
Cold-hearted skeptic

Originally Posted by ref View Post
That's Kristina 'Kristy' Kissner.

Their general manager, bookkeeper, financial advisor and publicity director along with general offices duties, scheduling and phone support.

http://www.loosechange911.com/crew.shtml
Holy FSM... has anyone read this?

Quote:
A Business Economics and Finance Major and the State University College at Oneonta, Kristina began her involvement with Loose Change and Louder Than Words in 2004 when she was casted as "Kim the Waitress" in the original fictional production of Loose Change. Those scenes essentially turned into hour-long outtakes and Loose Change: The Movie was indefinitely postponed for obvious reasons.
I can't believe he boasts about this kinda stuff!
Old 13th November 2007, 02:39 PM   #228
JamesB
Master Poster

Quote:
A Business Economics and Finance Major and the State University College at Oneonta, Kristina began her involvement with Loose Change and Louder Than Words in 2004 when she was casted as "Kim the Waitress" in the original fictional production of Loose Change.
She obviously wasn't an English major. You would think she could have helped Dylan out with the econ stuff, $1 trillion of gold stolen and all.
-David Ray Griffin-
Old 13th November 2007, 04:51 PM   #229
Gravy
Downsitting Citizen

Originally Posted by Mancman View Post
Around 1:24 Dylan says they stopped using asbestos fireproofing at the 64th floor of WTC2. Was it not the 34th floor of WTC1 with none in WTC2?

He also claims that asbestos removal would have cost over $1 billion.
Yup. That's three errors right there.

What's the Harm?........Stop Sylvia Browne........My 9/11 links
Gravy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th November 2007, 05:14 PM   #230
john white
New Blood

I dont know if anyone mentioned it but the Google link on the first page wasnt the film. It was a bonus feature from the DVD.
john white is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th November 2007, 05:15 PM   #231
Alt+F4
diabolical globalist

As a family member of a first responder (do you even know any?) I can tell you that not one single first responder we know would take a dime from any organization spreading the lie that 9/11 is an inside job.
Old 13th November 2007, 06:04 PM   #232
Brainster
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by john white View Post
I dont know if anyone mentioned it but the Google link on the first page wasnt the film. It was a bonus feature from the DVD.
The link went to Google video of the first 75 minutes or so of the film, which was what was seeded to bit torrent. Most of us have seen the whole thing. I had heard that some of the stuff people were getting off Google Video was the bonus material, which probably means that it's just recyled stuff from their fifth anniversary vanity videos.

Welcome to the Forums!
Brainster is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th November 2007, 06:18 PM   #233
Mr.Herbert
Graduate Poster

I can't find the post, but did Alex Jones really say he would be bankrupt is Loose Change FC was not a sucess?? Anyone have a source??
Mr.Herbert is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th November 2007, 08:06 PM   #234
TC329
Banned

#Ziad Jarrah sent a fairwell letter to his girlfriend in Germany, with the words 'You will see the results, and everybody will be happy'. He also mentions that they will 'meet again', and ends it with 'goodbye'. He phoned her on the morning of 9/11 at 5am and told her he loved her three times.

If I was Dylan, I should ask, in an unbiased documentary, 'Why was he saying fairwell'? Why did he mention 'the results'? Why did he tell her he loved her three times at 5am?' The timing fits with morning prayer.
Another good one is "Why did Ziad forget his girlfriend's address?"

The only people who have ever seen that letter are the FBI. It has never been made public and Zaid's family calls it a fake.

Do you not know these things or do you selectively choose what you think is important?
TC329 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th November 2007, 08:50 PM   #235
Brainster
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Mr.Herbert View Post
I can't find the post, but did Alex Jones really say he would be bankrupt is Loose Change FC was not a sucess?? Anyone have a source??
He claimed that on yesterday's radio show. Let me make clear that I doubt very much that Alex is really going to go belly up even if Loose Change doesn't sell a single DVD. He's just saying that to get the faithful to buy the product.
Old 13th November 2007, 10:02 PM   #236
Alt+F4
diabolical globalist

Another good one is "Why did Ziad forget his girlfriend's address?"

The only people who have ever seen that letter are the FBI.
Then how do you know it exists?
Old 13th November 2007, 11:07 PM   #237
TC329
Banned

Originally Posted by Alt+F4 View Post
Then how do you know it exists?
You catch on quick, don't you?
TC329 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th November 2007, 02:21 AM   #238
Undesired Walrus
Penultimate Amazing

Don't you guys have Habeas Corpus back again, as declared nonexistent in the movie?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Habeas_...on_Act_of_2007
Old 14th November 2007, 03:33 AM   #239
qarnos
Cold-hearted skeptic

Nice dodge.
Old 14th November 2007, 04:54 AM   #240
JimBenArm
Based on a true story!

Well, are you going to answer the question? How do you know it exists, if only the FBI has seen it?
Or are you now an FBI agent?
JimBenArm is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories