IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics
 


Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Reply
Old 27th July 2022, 08:01 AM   #1
shemp
a flimsy character...perfidious and despised
 
shemp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Out back preparing the bunker for the next Civil War
Posts: 50,393
One America News begging liberals to help them

https://twitter.com/RonFilipkowski/s...92292537880576

Quote:
OAN host makes an urgent plea to liberals to help save the network after Verizon dropped them: “It is absolutely crucial that, for once, we defy the powers that be, we all come together, set aside our differences in a unified effort.”
__________________
Counting the days to Civil War II.
shemp is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th July 2022, 08:02 AM   #2
JoeMorgue
Self Employed
Remittance Man
 
JoeMorgue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Florida
Posts: 41,304
It's vital that OAN be given a soapbox by Verizon and that anyone mean to OAN be punished or else free speech will collapse.
__________________
"If everyone in the room says water is wet and I say it's dry that makes me smart because at least I'm thinking for myself!" - The Proudly Wrong.
JoeMorgue is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th July 2022, 08:06 AM   #3
slyjoe
Illuminator
 
slyjoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Near Harmonica Virgins, AZ
Posts: 3,330
How odd. The quote

Quote:
“It is absolutely crucial that, for once, we defy the powers that be, we all come together, set aside our differences in a unified effort.”
seems to indicate that OAN normally does NOT defy the powers that be.
__________________
"You have done nothing to demonstrate an understanding of scientific methodology or modern skepticism, both of which are, by necessity, driven by the facts and evidence, not by preconceptions, and both of which are strengthened by, and rely upon, change." - Arkan Wolfshade
slyjoe is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th July 2022, 08:11 AM   #4
Segnosaur
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Canada, eh?
Posts: 19,065
Just wondering...

The video cuts off before Fascist Barbie gets to describe her master plan to "save OAN". Any idea what they were suggesting the liberals need to do? Letter-writing campaign to verizon? paying for subscriptions? Adopt a neo-nazi?
__________________
Trust me, I know what I'm doing. - Sledgehammer

I'm Mary Poppin's Y'all! - Yondu

We are Groot - Groot
Segnosaur is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th July 2022, 08:59 AM   #5
Upchurch
Papa Funkosophy
 
Upchurch's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: St. Louis, MO
Posts: 33,161
Originally Posted by shemp View Post
"unified effort" to do what, exactly?
__________________
"There is nothing more deceptive than an obvious fact." -- Sherlock Holmes.
"It’s easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled." -- Mark Twain, maybe.
Upchurch is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th July 2022, 09:06 AM   #6
plague311
Great minds think...
 
plague311's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: North Dakota
Posts: 13,152
I think there's a unified effort among liberals already, to not give a **** if OAN goes off the air permanently.
__________________
“There are times when the mind is dealt such a blow it hides itself in insanity. While this may not seem beneficial, it is. There are times when reality is nothing but pain, and to escape that pain the mind must leave reality behind.” - Patrick Rothfuss
plague311 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th July 2022, 09:09 AM   #7
8enotto
Master Poster
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: Mexico
Posts: 2,555
Gee, the faithful aren't enough support or generous enough to save thier thought process?

To see them go the way of the dodo with Q, Alex Jones and the insurrection supporters is funny.

Last edited by 8enotto; 27th July 2022 at 09:10 AM.
8enotto is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th July 2022, 09:12 AM   #8
plague311
Great minds think...
 
plague311's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: North Dakota
Posts: 13,152
Originally Posted by 8enotto View Post
Gee, the faithful aren't enough support or generous enough to save thier though process?

To see them go the way of the dodo with Q, Alex Jones and the insurrection supporters is funny.
Well, I think this one is a little different. The dopes you mentioned all got suspended or banned from a platform.

In OAN's case, the businesses just didn't renew their contracts. I would assume because the risk of carrying OAN isn't worth the reward. The big question is what do they really want to be done by liberals? According to them we're all trash and, even if liberals were able to do\did something, OAN would just go back to ******** on them anyway.

Personally, I'm pleased with the outcome. They're the ones that say the market will sort it all out.
__________________
“There are times when the mind is dealt such a blow it hides itself in insanity. While this may not seem beneficial, it is. There are times when reality is nothing but pain, and to escape that pain the mind must leave reality behind.” - Patrick Rothfuss

Last edited by plague311; 27th July 2022 at 09:34 AM.
plague311 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th July 2022, 09:23 AM   #9
BobTheCoward
Suspended
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 22,512
Originally Posted by plague311 View Post
Well, I think this one is a little different. The dopes you mentioned all got suspended or banned from a platform.

In OAN's case, the businesses just didn't renew their contracts. I would assume because the risk of carrying OAN isn't worth the reward. The big question is what do they really want to be done by liberals? According to them we're all trash and, even if liberals were able to\did something, OAN would just go back to ******** on them anyway.

Personally, I'm pleased with the outcome. They're the ones that say the market will sort it all out.
I'm perfectly happy to do something morally right that will lead to an immoral person hurting me..No good deed goes unpunished..But I don't see a moral duty here.
BobTheCoward is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th July 2022, 09:36 AM   #10
plague311
Great minds think...
 
plague311's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: North Dakota
Posts: 13,152
Originally Posted by BobTheCoward View Post
I'm perfectly happy to do something morally right that will lead to an immoral person hurting me..No good deed goes unpunished..But I don't see a moral duty here.
I have no idea what the **** this means.

Morals aren't involved. Verizon didn't want them on their platform, they don't owe them the right to be on their platform, they didn't renew their contract. Nothing more, nothing less. There's no philosophical debate here. Businesses make this decision all the time. The only reason we're hearing about this one is because OAN is extremely partisan and is seeing their cash cow slip away so they're begging for help. **** 'em, I say.
__________________
“There are times when the mind is dealt such a blow it hides itself in insanity. While this may not seem beneficial, it is. There are times when reality is nothing but pain, and to escape that pain the mind must leave reality behind.” - Patrick Rothfuss
plague311 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th July 2022, 09:37 AM   #11
JoeMorgue
Self Employed
Remittance Man
 
JoeMorgue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Florida
Posts: 41,304
Originally Posted by plague311 View Post
I have no idea what the **** this means.
Roughly translated it's "Please pay attention my internet persona."
__________________
"If everyone in the room says water is wet and I say it's dry that makes me smart because at least I'm thinking for myself!" - The Proudly Wrong.
JoeMorgue is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th July 2022, 09:48 AM   #12
Regnad Kcin
Penultimate Amazing
 
Regnad Kcin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: New York
Posts: 10,690
Originally Posted by JoeMorgue View Post
It's vital that OAN be given a soapbox by Verizon and that anyone mean to OAN be punished or else free speech will collapse.
C’mon, what are you liberals afraid of?!
__________________
My heros are Alex Zanardi and Evelyn Glennie.
Regnad Kcin is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th July 2022, 09:59 AM   #13
Cain
Straussian
 
Cain's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 15,132
I'll pray for them.
__________________
Cain: Don't be a homo.
Diablo: What's that supposed to mean?
Cain: It's a heteronormative remark meant to be taken at face-value.
Cain is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th July 2022, 10:16 AM   #14
plague311
Great minds think...
 
plague311's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: North Dakota
Posts: 13,152
Originally Posted by Cain View Post
I'll pray for them.
Too late, I already did, that's why all of this is happening.
__________________
“There are times when the mind is dealt such a blow it hides itself in insanity. While this may not seem beneficial, it is. There are times when reality is nothing but pain, and to escape that pain the mind must leave reality behind.” - Patrick Rothfuss
plague311 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th July 2022, 10:19 AM   #15
slyjoe
Illuminator
 
slyjoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Near Harmonica Virgins, AZ
Posts: 3,330
Originally Posted by Cain View Post
I'll pray for them.
Originally Posted by plague311 View Post
Too late, I already did, that's why all of this is happening.
Better yet, tell them you prayed for them. According to the Prayer Study, those outcomes are worse.
__________________
"You have done nothing to demonstrate an understanding of scientific methodology or modern skepticism, both of which are, by necessity, driven by the facts and evidence, not by preconceptions, and both of which are strengthened by, and rely upon, change." - Arkan Wolfshade
slyjoe is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th July 2022, 10:28 AM   #16
Segnosaur
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Canada, eh?
Posts: 19,065
Originally Posted by plague311 View Post
Quote:
I'll pray for them.
Too late, I already did, that's why all of this is happening.
Oh yeah? I gave them both thoughts AND prayers!
__________________
Trust me, I know what I'm doing. - Sledgehammer

I'm Mary Poppin's Y'all! - Yondu

We are Groot - Groot
Segnosaur is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th July 2022, 10:42 AM   #17
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian
 
The Great Zaganza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 18,581
Sense of Privilege at it's most obvious at work.
__________________
"The only true paradise is paradise lost"
Marcel Proust
The Great Zaganza is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th July 2022, 10:49 AM   #18
BobTheCoward
Suspended
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 22,512
Originally Posted by plague311 View Post
I have no idea what the **** this means.

Morals aren't involved. Verizon didn't want them on their platform, they don't owe them the right to be on their platform, they didn't renew their contract. Nothing more, nothing less. There's no philosophical debate here. Businesses make this decision all the time. The only reason we're hearing about this one is because OAN is extremely partisan and is seeing their cash cow slip away so they're begging for help. **** 'em, I say.
I said I don't see a moral duty here in agreement with you (while pointing out that I disagree that them being mean to liberals is an issue). It is like a concurring opinion.
BobTheCoward is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th July 2022, 10:56 AM   #19
bruto
Penultimate Amazing
 
bruto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Way way north of Diddy Wah Diddy
Posts: 32,978
Originally Posted by plague311 View Post
I have no idea what the **** this means.

Morals aren't involved. Verizon didn't want them on their platform, they don't owe them the right to be on their platform, they didn't renew their contract. Nothing more, nothing less. There's no philosophical debate here. Businesses make this decision all the time. The only reason we're hearing about this one is because OAN is extremely partisan and is seeing their cash cow slip away so they're begging for help. **** 'em, I say.
I think it's a kind of categorical imperative thing: if you must act at all, you need to act right, even if it does you harm. In this case, it would appear that this rule does not apply because there is no "must act" involved.

At least I think that's what is meant, but being long estranged from theoretical purism, I might have missed something.

I would suspect that if liberals were to be so altruistically silly as to contribute to the maintenance of OAN, the best they could hope for is to be ratted out as hypocrites and gutless closet conservatives.

When you hand someone your gun, don't leave it pointed at you.
__________________
I love this world, but not for its answers. (Mary Oliver)

"There is another world, but it's in this one." (Paul Eluard)
bruto is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th July 2022, 11:14 AM   #20
Mojo
Mostly harmless
 
Mojo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Nor Flanden
Posts: 36,393
Originally Posted by plague311 View Post
I have no idea what the **** this means.

Begging the question.
__________________
"You got to use your brain." - McKinley Morganfield

"The poor mystic homeopaths feel like petted house-cats thrown at high flood on the breaking ice." - Leon Trotsky
Mojo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th July 2022, 11:23 AM   #21
bruto
Penultimate Amazing
 
bruto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Way way north of Diddy Wah Diddy
Posts: 32,978
Originally Posted by Mojo View Post
Begging the question.
In the case of the correspondent in question, I believe we already have a repeated assertion that results are not meaningful criteria in judging an idea. It would not be surprising if a pure enough theoretician could argue that a statement, like poetry, should not mean but be.
__________________
I love this world, but not for its answers. (Mary Oliver)

"There is another world, but it's in this one." (Paul Eluard)
bruto is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th July 2022, 11:38 AM   #22
Gord_in_Toronto
Penultimate Amazing
 
Gord_in_Toronto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 22,884
Originally Posted by plague311 View Post
I have no idea what the **** this means.

Morals aren't involved. Verizon didn't want them on their platform, they don't owe them the right to be on their platform, they didn't renew their contract. Nothing more, nothing less. There's no philosophical debate here. Businesses make this decision all the time. The only reason we're hearing about this one is because OAN is extremely partisan and is seeing their cash cow slip away so they're begging for help. **** 'em, I say.
This is obviously a Free Speech issue. The Government should force Verizon to broadcast their message. No Wait . . . . . Let me think this through.
__________________
"Reality is what's left when you cease to believe." Philip K. Dick
Gord_in_Toronto is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th July 2022, 11:42 AM   #23
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing
 
Stacyhs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: United States
Posts: 26,673
Quote:
OAN host makes an urgent plea to liberals to help save the network after Verizon dropped them: “It is absolutely crucial that, for once, we defy the powers that be, we all come together, set aside our differences in a unified effort.”
These people really are delusional.
Stacyhs is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th July 2022, 12:12 PM   #24
eerok
Quixoticist
 
eerok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: ON Canada
Posts: 5,245
Here's their lawsuit against AT&T. They manage to whine about Dominion in there, and there's other CT material.

https://www.oann.com/wp-content/uplo...am_Kennard.pdf

They filed this just in case the libs don't save them, I guess.
__________________
"Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future." - Oscar Wilde
eerok is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th July 2022, 12:16 PM   #25
JoeMorgue
Self Employed
Remittance Man
 
JoeMorgue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Florida
Posts: 41,304
Originally Posted by eerok View Post
Here's their lawsuit against AT&T. They manage to whine about Dominion in there, and there's other CT material.
Obviously the proper thing to do is to meet them halfway and agree that half their conspiracy theories are true.
__________________
"If everyone in the room says water is wet and I say it's dry that makes me smart because at least I'm thinking for myself!" - The Proudly Wrong.
JoeMorgue is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th July 2022, 12:19 PM   #26
8enotto
Master Poster
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: Mexico
Posts: 2,555
Originally Posted by plague311 View Post
Well, I think this one is a little different. The dopes you mentioned all got suspended or banned from a platform.

In OAN's case, the businesses just didn't renew their contracts. I would assume because the risk of carrying OAN isn't worth the reward. The big question is what do they really want to be done by liberals? According to them we're all trash and, even if liberals were able to do\did something, OAN would just go back to ******** on them anyway.

Personally, I'm pleased with the outcome. They're the ones that say the market will sort it all out.
Extinct is extinct, I am not picky with this bola de idiotas.
8enotto is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th July 2022, 12:22 PM   #27
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman
 
Skeptic Ginger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 92,453
It's a reflection of how deep they are into their lies: they see it as suppression of legitimate POVs. They don't get it that it's their damaging lies being suppressed.
Skeptic Ginger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th July 2022, 01:12 PM   #28
Donal
Illuminator
 
Donal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 4,887
"Hey, guys, you know how we called you all criminal anti-American Satanists who force children into sexual slavery? How about we let bygones be bygones and you help me keep my job?"

Originally Posted by Segnosaur View Post
Just wondering...

The video cuts off before Fascist Barbie gets to describe her master plan to "save OAN". Any idea what they were suggesting the liberals need to do? Letter-writing campaign to verizon? paying for subscriptions? Adopt a neo-nazi?
It wasn't mean for liberals. It was just so she can see "see, I tried to reach out to them but they ignored me". She's probably getting screenshots of all the people mocking her on social media.
__________________
SuburbanNerd A blog for making tech make sense
Donal is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th July 2022, 01:32 PM   #29
Norman Alexander
Penultimate Amazing
 
Norman Alexander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Gundungurra
Posts: 12,349
Why are OAN appealing to liberals? Why aren't they appealing to their target audience of redneck fascist oiks and Donald Trump? Or did they leave OAN in the dirt?
__________________
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornets’ nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th July 2022, 02:52 PM   #30
Shalamar
Dark Lord of the JREF
 
Shalamar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Somewhere Else
Posts: 5,587
Originally Posted by Norman Alexander View Post
Why are OAN appealing to liberals? Why aren't they appealing to their target audience of redneck fascist oiks and Donald Trump? Or did they leave OAN in the dirt?
Probably so they can say "We tried to reach out to the Libtards, but they just laughed at us, the true victims! Please give us money to prove the libs wrong!
__________________

"The truth is out there. But the lies are inside your head."
Shalamar is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th July 2022, 03:06 PM   #31
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing
 
Stacyhs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: United States
Posts: 26,673
We're the most persecuted news program in US history!
Stacyhs is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th July 2022, 03:51 PM   #32
Hercules56
Master Poster
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 2,596
OAN is pretty new.

Adios.
Hercules56 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th July 2022, 04:09 PM   #33
slyjoe
Illuminator
 
slyjoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Near Harmonica Virgins, AZ
Posts: 3,330
I don't remember any other commercial news network reaching out to ANYONE for money because their bandwidth supplier dumped them.
__________________
"You have done nothing to demonstrate an understanding of scientific methodology or modern skepticism, both of which are, by necessity, driven by the facts and evidence, not by preconceptions, and both of which are strengthened by, and rely upon, change." - Arkan Wolfshade
slyjoe is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th July 2022, 04:17 PM   #34
Gord_in_Toronto
Penultimate Amazing
 
Gord_in_Toronto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 22,884
I'm sorry but every time I see your logo in my YouTube feed I think of onanism. I'm not sure why.
__________________
"Reality is what's left when you cease to believe." Philip K. Dick
Gord_in_Toronto is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th July 2022, 04:20 PM   #35
slyjoe
Illuminator
 
slyjoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Near Harmonica Virgins, AZ
Posts: 3,330
Originally Posted by Gord_in_Toronto View Post
I'm sorry but every time I see your logo in my YouTube feed I think of onanism. I'm not sure why.
WHAT??????

__________________
"You have done nothing to demonstrate an understanding of scientific methodology or modern skepticism, both of which are, by necessity, driven by the facts and evidence, not by preconceptions, and both of which are strengthened by, and rely upon, change." - Arkan Wolfshade
slyjoe is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th July 2022, 04:36 PM   #36
Norman Alexander
Penultimate Amazing
 
Norman Alexander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Gundungurra
Posts: 12,349
They got...wait for it...OANed!



I'll just go...
__________________
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornets’ nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th July 2022, 04:42 PM   #37
shemp
a flimsy character...perfidious and despised
 
shemp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Out back preparing the bunker for the next Civil War
Posts: 50,393
Originally Posted by slyjoe View Post
WHAT??????

Relax, it's just a phase he's going through.
__________________
Counting the days to Civil War II.
shemp is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th July 2022, 05:07 PM   #38
newyorkguy
Penultimate Amazing
 
newyorkguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: NY
Posts: 12,473
OAN host Alison Steinberg makes an urgent plea to liberals to help save the network after Verizon dropped them. Here's some of Steinberg's 'journalism':

Quote:
Warning - Contains language NSFW
Pride flag in Huntington Beach rant
You want my help Alison?

No that's okay.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg I am SO outraged!.jpg (74.5 KB, 24 views)
newyorkguy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th July 2022, 05:09 PM   #39
Crossbow
Seeking Honesty and Sanity
 
Crossbow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Charleston, WV
Posts: 14,216
The good people at OAN should ask their Daddy Trump to help out.

After all, Trump is literally sitting on hundreds of millions of dollars that he has managed to scam his faithful followers out of since he became an Ex-President.
__________________
On 29JUL2022, 'Gaetan' said: "We all know here that the moderators are for the use of firearms and they don't mind if some people recieve a bullet in their head."

On 15 FEB 2019 'BobTheCoward' said: "I constantly assert I am a fool."

A man's best friend is his dogma.
Crossbow is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th July 2022, 05:18 PM   #40
Venom
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: United States
Posts: 5,969
**** these Radical Right bastards.
Venom is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Reply

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:32 PM.
Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

This forum began as part of the James Randi Education Foundation (JREF). However, the forum now exists as
an independent entity with no affiliation with or endorsement by the JREF, including the section in reference to "JREF" topics.

Disclaimer: Messages posted in the Forum are solely the opinion of their authors.