IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal
 


Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags alien visitation

Reply
Old 6th August 2022, 06:50 PM   #1
cjdelphi
Critical Thinker
 
Join Date: Aug 2022
Posts: 455
Alien Visitation Contact Proof

As a new user here, links are forbidden until I make 15 posts, so you will have to copy and paste ... unless mod can sort it


m.youtube.com/watch?v=Qm_2zaSZljs

Short

youtube.com/watch?v=cnQ8mq40jsQ

Slowed down

youtube.com/watch?v=1hQszQ01X_4

Further slowed

youtube.com/watch?v=SDq5ZTa9PoQ

Raw 60 seconds footage

youtube.com/watch?v=SDq5ZTa9PoQ


Power coming back on..

youtube.com/watch?v=mh1j9vI4Fdk

And a car backing (for comparison)

youtube.com/watch?v=-lTjK2PS7mQ

I have ruled out...

Fireworks
Meteors
Brown outs
Transformer arcing
Power line arcing
Reflection from re entering satellites
People sky diving with Laser Flashlights
Traffic (as there clearly wasn't any)
Man made anything

Ignoring the RED LIGHT when the power goes out, that's my power outage light as shown in all the videos..

Explain the flash of light at 3 57 and 15s
Explain the missing time at 3 57 and 09s

3am 57m 09s is when you see a brief flash of light at the tip of the tree followed by missing time, at 15s the light beam is what put me or my wife or both of us back....*


at 3am 57m and 09 seconds is completely missing!* count from 3am 57m an 05, 06, 07... where is the 9th second????


3:57:15s for the alien search beam...only lasts a second blink and miss


this is my front window, the power goes out you see the street lamps fade out not surge or flash or flicker etc...


5 seconds after the power goes out a search light can be seen scanning the ground, the webcamera hears me or the misses snoring, it hears the fridge compressor cut out and it goes silent right at the beginning*


then the search beam light hits the camera and you can actually hear the digital alien signal...*


the neighbour to the left was awake, no traffic, helicopters, it's dead here at 4am! no meteors no fireworks, no arcing no fireworks


the damn craft was silent, its power source tripped the power line and it's search beam stopped at my bedroom window ..


I felt tired for days later like I missed 6 or 7 hours of sleep, but if it happened it was in an instant.**


TURN UP THE VOLUME... you can actually hear* the alien signal, nothing of man does this, I have the raw video segment
cjdelphi is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th August 2022, 07:13 PM   #2
The Atheist
The Grammar Tyrant
 
The Atheist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 32,257
Congratulations - you're the luckiest human who ever lived!

Those aliens travelled for hundreds of light years just to show you they existed.

I hope you monetised the YouTube channel.
__________________
The point of equilibrium has passed; satire and current events are now indistinguishable.
The Atheist is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th August 2022, 07:28 PM   #3
cjdelphi
Critical Thinker
 
Join Date: Aug 2022
Posts: 455
Originally Posted by The Atheist View Post
Congratulations - you're the luckiest human who ever lived!

Those aliens travelled for hundreds of light years just to show you they existed.

I hope you monetised the YouTube channel.
YouTube requires 1000 subscribers, so not possible these days, and they didn't travel just for me I think they came knocking because I was out looking for them almost daily...
cjdelphi is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th August 2022, 08:40 PM   #4
Gord_in_Toronto
Penultimate Amazing
 
Gord_in_Toronto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 22,927
That's an awful lot of speculation for very little evidence.

How widespread was the power outage? What does your electrical power supply company say happened?
__________________
"Reality is what's left when you cease to believe." Philip K. Dick
Gord_in_Toronto is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th August 2022, 09:35 PM   #5
cjdelphi
Critical Thinker
 
Join Date: Aug 2022
Posts: 455
It was silent outside the neighbour was awake.. the sound we do hear, only the camera heard it...

Now you show me how you light up my path without lighting up the tree directly behind it without lighting up the entire tree?

That's not possible

The 9th second that went missing not possible I was running the camera from a switching regulator running off a 100ah battery, if it had of been EMI or EMF, we would have seen blacked out pixels and corruption, it was not...

If you look at every frame of the video like I have you will see the light between the tree go out a fraction of a second before the lights here, the power was being taken out block by block as something flew over..

The power company said it was a bat that caused the power out, well, no bat being electrocuted can create a flash of light without a zzzzzzap firecracker/whip type sound as the plasma discharges into the air due to less resistance of the bat getting between the conductors

Yes, I'm into electronics as you can see on the rest of my youtube videos

But my power company would say a bat did it even if an asteroid hit the power station can't be trusted

What happened was the power source from the craft causes an induced magnetic current into the power lines and the relays kick in and shut down the power lines, that's why you see the lights fade out not flicker
cjdelphi is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th August 2022, 09:49 PM   #6
Lukraak_Sisser
Illuminator
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 4,676
So not only do you have proof, you also know exactly how an interstellar spacecraft is powered and how that power works.

Cool.
Start building I'd say.
Lukraak_Sisser is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th August 2022, 09:56 PM   #7
cjdelphi
Critical Thinker
 
Join Date: Aug 2022
Posts: 455
My theory based on other peoples reports is that they are silent unless close up within a few meters, it's an ion propulsion system people claim they hang around fresh water sources collecting hydrogen

We can only run an ion drive to lift things when plugged into the wall, but a mini fusion reactor using an ion drive would indeed induce current into the lines

If it uses anything more advanced like nut jobs claim that's pure speculation, my evidence is based on close encounters people have had and I've simply determined what that could be and ion propulsion fits, I have a strong interest in the subject

Last edited by cjdelphi; 6th August 2022 at 09:57 PM.
cjdelphi is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th August 2022, 11:41 PM   #8
Lukraak_Sisser
Illuminator
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 4,676
Yes, because an interstellar species definitely needs to hang around sources of water in the middle of nowhere to get hydrogen.

There would be no way to collect that from anywhere else in a solar system at all. No, only a body of water on a high gravity well will do.
Lukraak_Sisser is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th August 2022, 11:45 PM   #9
Olmstead
Graduate Poster
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 1,235
You should probably see a psychiatrist to check whether you have schizophrenia.

Last edited by Olmstead; 6th August 2022 at 11:47 PM.
Olmstead is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th August 2022, 11:57 PM   #10
Blue Mountain
Resident Skeptical Hobbit
 
Blue Mountain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Waging war on woo-woo in Winnipeg
Posts: 7,103
Here are the videos with clickable links:
YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE

Short:
YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE

Slowed down:
YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE

Raw 60 seconds footage:
YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE

Power coming back on:
YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE

And a car backing (for comparison):
YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE

The videos labelled "Further slowed" and "Raw 60 seconds video" point to the same URL, which appears to be the 60 second video, so I removed "Further Slowed" from the list.

All the videos suffer from being compressed for streaming over the internet.

I have the following questions:
  1. The red LED that indicates a power outage: is that from the camera or something like a UPS (Uninterruptible Power Supply?)
  2. What is the make and model of the camera used to take the video?
  3. How is it powered? (Plugged in to mains, has its own battery, or both?)
  4. What is the native video format the camera saves as? (MP4, MOV, or other?; frame size?)
  5. How large is the 60 second raw video in the format? Hundreds of kilobytes? Low megabytes? (I'm trying to figure out options for making it available for analysis.)
  6. When the power went out, the foreground illumination died, as did the lights across the parking out. At 5:01:40, the foreground is brightly illuminated, then goes out at 5:02:22, then the lights across the way come back on at 5:02:31, then the foreground light flickers to life at 5:02:33-34. What's the source of this foreground illumination? Do you know at what time prior to 5:01:40 it came on?
  7. Would you care to share your location in latitude and longitude?

Answers to these questions would help in the analysis.
__________________
The social illusion reigns to-day upon all the heaped-up ruins of the past, and to it belongs the future. The masses have never thirsted after truth. They turn aside from evidence that is not to their taste, preferring to deify error, if error seduce them. Gustav Le Bon, The Crowd, 1895 (from the French)
Blue Mountain is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th August 2022, 12:02 AM   #11
cjdelphi
Critical Thinker
 
Join Date: Aug 2022
Posts: 455
Originally Posted by Olmstead View Post
You should probably see a psychiatrist to check whether you have schizophrenia.
And tell them what? ... it's not my imagination, it's caught on video, if you had an expert eye you would see it
cjdelphi is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th August 2022, 12:02 AM   #12
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing
 
smartcooky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Nelson, New Zealand
Posts: 22,314
Originally Posted by Lukraak_Sisser View Post
Yes, because an interstellar species definitely needs to hang around sources of water in the middle of nowhere to get hydrogen.

There would be no way to collect that from anywhere else in a solar system at all. No, only a body of water on a high gravity well will do.
Wouldn't even need to come into the inner solar system at all to get more water than they would ever need.. The Oort cloud contains around 2 trillion chunks of water/ice.

The OP is just a eye-watering screed of nut-jobbery!
__________________
Science supplies evidence, invites you to analyse and evaluate that evidence, and then to draw conclusions from that
Religion supplies no evidence, demands you have faith, and expects you to uncritically and automatically believe that something is true simply because "the Bible tells you so"
If you don't like my posts, opinions, or directness then put me on your ignore list!
smartcooky is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th August 2022, 12:14 AM   #13
Thermal
Penultimate Amazing
 
Thermal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: East Coast USA (in the Troll Ignoring Section)
Posts: 20,018
Originally Posted by cjdelphi View Post
And tell them what? ... it's not my imagination, it's caught on video, if you had an expert eye you would see it
Brah. You have a couple flashes of light that you think are unexplained. The rest of your conclusions are 100% pulled out of thin air.

Prove first, for instance, that the government was not experimenting with a ion driven sex toy and you caught them. That at least has real things in it, not a bunch of imaginary creatures who like to travel the cosmos to **** with you in particular.
__________________
We find comfort among those who agree with us, growth among those who don't -Frank A. Clark

Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect -Mark Twain
Thermal is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th August 2022, 12:14 AM   #14
Norman Alexander
Penultimate Amazing
 
Norman Alexander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Gundungurra
Posts: 12,430
Claiming "It was a UFO, prove me wrong!" is not how science works. You have it precisely backwards if you really want to know.

Here's how it works: YOU are the claimant, so YOU provide the evidence. And Youtube videos are NOT evidence. Of anything. So back up a bit and try again but with real evidence this time. Away you go!
__________________
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornets’ nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015

Last edited by Norman Alexander; 7th August 2022 at 12:15 AM.
Norman Alexander is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th August 2022, 12:15 AM   #15
Olmstead
Graduate Poster
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 1,235
Originally Posted by cjdelphi View Post
And tell them what? ... it's not my imagination, it's caught on video, if you had an expert eye you would see it
You're making some really weird connections based on almost nothing.

Also, what exactly do you mean by this:

"at 15s the light beam is what put me or my wife or both of us back....*"
Olmstead is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th August 2022, 12:16 AM   #16
Thermal
Penultimate Amazing
 
Thermal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: East Coast USA (in the Troll Ignoring Section)
Posts: 20,018
Originally Posted by Norman Alexander View Post
Claiming "It was a UFO, prove me wrong!" is not how science works. You have it precisely backwards if you really want to know.

Here's how it works: YOU are the claimant, so YOU provide the proof. And Youtube videos are NOT proof. Of anything.
Proves to me we need to get building a ******* ark.
__________________
We find comfort among those who agree with us, growth among those who don't -Frank A. Clark

Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect -Mark Twain
Thermal is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th August 2022, 12:21 AM   #17
Thermal
Penultimate Amazing
 
Thermal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: East Coast USA (in the Troll Ignoring Section)
Posts: 20,018
This thread needs to be retitled. It is called Alien Vistitation Contact Proof. Not one of those four elements appears in the OP videos. No aliens. No visitation. No contact. And no proof.

Move to change title to Brief Flashes of Light? All four of those words are actually true.
__________________
We find comfort among those who agree with us, growth among those who don't -Frank A. Clark

Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect -Mark Twain
Thermal is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th August 2022, 12:34 AM   #18
cjdelphi
Critical Thinker
 
Join Date: Aug 2022
Posts: 455
Show me one thing that makes this kind of sound when the light goes through the tree to the path, the missing 9th second in which something happened

I extracted every frame, power went out a block.away then my own, the light can be seen 60 meters away

"A light thing" lol how vague do you get, nothing explains the sound it detected or the light, nothing...
cjdelphi is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th August 2022, 12:40 AM   #19
Mojo
Mostly harmless
 
Mojo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Nor Flanden
Posts: 36,429
“You can’t explain this, therefore aliens” has a massive non-sequitur at its heart.
__________________
"You got to use your brain." - McKinley Morganfield

"The poor mystic homeopaths feel like petted house-cats thrown at high flood on the breaking ice." - Leon Trotsky
Mojo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th August 2022, 12:40 AM   #20
Olmstead
Graduate Poster
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 1,235
Originally Posted by cjdelphi View Post
Show me one thing that makes this kind of sound when the light goes through the tree to the path, the missing 9th second in which something happened

I extracted every frame, power went out a block.away then my own, the light can be seen 60 meters away

"A light thing" lol how vague do you get, nothing explains the sound it detected or the light, nothing...
I don't know why your footage skips weirdly. It does the same thing in the video with the car backing up.
Olmstead is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th August 2022, 12:43 AM   #21
Roger Ramjets
Philosopher
 
Roger Ramjets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 5,909
Originally Posted by cjdelphi View Post
But my power company would say a bat did it even if an asteroid hit the power station can't be trusted
Not just the power company - you can't trust anyone these days. You don't know who might be an alien trying to cover up their presence here on Earth.

However I will let you in on a little secret. Everybody here is an alien! (Yes, even me. How else would I know?). That's why they pretend to be skeptical of your claims. They will ask you all kinds of silly questions and nitpick your replies even when the evidence is irrefutable - because they already know it's true! But you will never get them to admit it.

Now you may wonder, why I am giving the game way by telling you this now? Wouldn't that expose us for what we are? The answer is no it won't, because I know you won't believe me. I mean, who would believe such a wacky claim? Aliens right here living among us, buzzing around in their spaceships at 3am making the lights go out? Ridiculous! But that's we do for fun - when we aren't toying with anyone who naively posts evidence of our existence in this forum, expecting to be treated seriously.
__________________
We don't want good, sound arguments. We want arguments that sound good.
Roger Ramjets is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th August 2022, 01:03 AM   #22
Mojo
Mostly harmless
 
Mojo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Nor Flanden
Posts: 36,429
Originally Posted by Roger Ramjets View Post
Not just the power company - you can't trust anyone these days. You don't know who might be an alien trying to cover up their presence here on Earth.

However I will let you in on a little secret. Everybody here is an alien! (Yes, even me. How else would I know?). That's why they pretend to be skeptical of your claims. They will ask you all kinds of silly questions and nitpick your replies even when the evidence is irrefutable - because they already know it's true! But you will never get them to admit it.

Now you may wonder, why I am giving the game way by telling you this now? Wouldn't that expose us for what we are? The answer is no it won't, because I know you won't believe me. I mean, who would believe such a wacky claim? Aliens right here living among us, buzzing around in their spaceships at 3am making the lights go out? Ridiculous! But that's we do for fun - when we aren't toying with anyone who naively posts evidence of our existence in this forum, expecting to be treated seriously.

As Ford Prefect said, “they find some isolated spot with very few people around, then land right by some poor unsuspecting soul, who no one’s ever going to believe, and then strut up and down in front of them wearing silly antennae on their head and making “beep, beep” noises. Rather childish really.”
__________________
"You got to use your brain." - McKinley Morganfield

"The poor mystic homeopaths feel like petted house-cats thrown at high flood on the breaking ice." - Leon Trotsky
Mojo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th August 2022, 01:08 AM   #23
cjdelphi
Critical Thinker
 
Join Date: Aug 2022
Posts: 455
I know my electronics, electric high currents ohms law impeadance, I build power supplies, I ruled it all out so unless you can be more specific I can't post images here until I have made 15 posts to actually put the evidence and facts across because you can only see the video

Stills and screenshots show a lot more
cjdelphi is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th August 2022, 01:12 AM   #24
cjdelphi
Critical Thinker
 
Join Date: Aug 2022
Posts: 455
Does it do the same with the 60 second video segment ?

youtu.be/SDq5ZTa9PoQ

Only time skip is the 9th second and it's not a skip it's like 9 was cut from time and replaced by the 10th
cjdelphi is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th August 2022, 01:18 AM   #25
Thermal
Penultimate Amazing
 
Thermal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: East Coast USA (in the Troll Ignoring Section)
Posts: 20,018
Originally Posted by cjdelphi View Post
I know my electronics, electric high currents ohms law impeadance, I build power supplies, I ruled it all out so unless you can be more specific I can't post images here until I have made 15 posts to actually put the evidence and facts across because you can only see the video

Stills and screenshots show a lot more
Let me guess...they show a couple flashes of light?

Show an 'alien', as you claim. Show their craft 'visiting'. Show the 'contact' they made. Show this 'proof'.

Otherwise, you have nothing but some flashes.
__________________
We find comfort among those who agree with us, growth among those who don't -Frank A. Clark

Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect -Mark Twain
Thermal is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th August 2022, 01:23 AM   #26
Olmstead
Graduate Poster
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 1,235
Originally Posted by cjdelphi View Post
Does it do the same with the 60 second video segment ?

youtu.be/SDq5ZTa9PoQ

Only time skip is the 9th second and it's not a skip it's like 9 was cut from time and replaced by the 10th
Who cares, it's some glitch in the video, the compression, or the camera. Why does your car backing video skip from 48s to 50s? It's probably for the same reason.
Olmstead is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th August 2022, 01:40 AM   #27
cjdelphi
Critical Thinker
 
Join Date: Aug 2022
Posts: 455
Originally Posted by Olmstead View Post
Who cares, it's some glitch in the video, the compression, or the camera. Why does your car backing video skip from 48s to 50s? It's probably for the same reason.

The raw 60 second video unlike all the other videos was taken directly from the internal memory card, the others I use the xiamo camera app copies it from a series of live screenshots from the server via the webcam, chinese are probably spying on people using this method...

That's why I'm asking if the raw video does the same thing as it's different
cjdelphi is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th August 2022, 01:45 AM   #28
cjdelphi
Critical Thinker
 
Join Date: Aug 2022
Posts: 455
I just went to the effort of uploading screen captures from the video to finally prove it, that sound you hear after the power going out proves with was not of this earth..








That light is 60 meters away



But theres no way of getting light to the ground like that without lighting up the tree








That's why I looked


Now that light that the camera sees 60 meters away







As you can see, it takes 1 second for the lights to fade out, yet at the 8th second when the power goes out, on the 10th second, they are no where near faded out yet, if the 10th second was the real 10th second, the street lamps would have been almost dark on the 10th second but they're not..

The very last frame is this one before the power drops



You see a tiny spec of light at the tip of the tree, and nothing... then the 9th second vanished, who and what happened then... fk I don't really want to know



cjdelphi is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th August 2022, 01:48 AM   #30
sphenisc
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 5,793
Originally Posted by Norman Alexander View Post
Claiming "It was a UFO, prove me wrong!" is not how science works. You have it precisely backwards if you really want to know.

Here's how it works: YOU are the claimant, so YOU provide the evidence. And Youtube videos are NOT evidence. Of anything. So back up a bit and try again but with real evidence this time. Away you go!
They're evidence of YouTube videos.
__________________
"The cure for everything is salt water - tears, sweat or the sea." Isak Dinesen
sphenisc is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th August 2022, 01:49 AM   #31
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing
 
smartcooky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Nelson, New Zealand
Posts: 22,314
Originally Posted by Mojo View Post
“You can’t explain this, therefore aliens” has a massive non-sequitur at its heart.
Its the Giorgio Triple-Whammy...

__________________
Science supplies evidence, invites you to analyse and evaluate that evidence, and then to draw conclusions from that
Religion supplies no evidence, demands you have faith, and expects you to uncritically and automatically believe that something is true simply because "the Bible tells you so"
If you don't like my posts, opinions, or directness then put me on your ignore list!
smartcooky is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th August 2022, 01:53 AM   #32
Mojo
Mostly harmless
 
Mojo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Nor Flanden
Posts: 36,429
Originally Posted by cjdelphi View Post
I don't really want to know

Of course not, your argument depends on not knowing.
__________________
"You got to use your brain." - McKinley Morganfield

"The poor mystic homeopaths feel like petted house-cats thrown at high flood on the breaking ice." - Leon Trotsky
Mojo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th August 2022, 01:56 AM   #33
cjdelphi
Critical Thinker
 
Join Date: Aug 2022
Posts: 455
Originally Posted by Olmstead View Post
Who cares, it's some glitch in the video, the compression, or the camera. Why does your car backing video skip from 48s to 50s? It's probably for the same reason.
Originally Posted by Blue Mountain View Post
Here are the videos with clickable links:
YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE

Short:
YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE

Slowed down:
YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE

Raw 60 seconds footage:
YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE

Power coming back on:
YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE

And a car backing (for comparison):
YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE

The videos labelled "Further slowed" and "Raw 60 seconds video" point to the same URL, which appears to be the 60 second video, so I removed "Further Slowed" from the list.

All the videos suffer from being compressed for streaming over the internet.

I have the following questions:
  1. The red LED that indicates a power outage: is that from the camera or something like a UPS (Uninterruptible Power Supply?)
  2. What is the make and model of the camera used to take the video?
  3. How is it powered? (Plugged in to mains, has its own battery, or both?)
  4. What is the native video format the camera saves as? (MP4, MOV, or other?; frame size?)
  5. How large is the 60 second raw video in the format? Hundreds of kilobytes? Low megabytes? (I'm trying to figure out options for making it available for analysis.)
  6. When the power went out, the foreground illumination died, as did the lights across the parking out. At 5:01:40, the foreground is brightly illuminated, then goes out at 5:02:22, then the lights across the way come back on at 5:02:31, then the foreground light flickers to life at 5:02:33-34. What's the source of this foreground illumination? Do you know at what time prior to 5:01:40 it came on?
  7. Would you care to share your location in latitude and longitude?

Answers to these questions would help in the analysis.
The red light is my light, connected to a battery that's why the red light and the camera never go off, the xiami 360 webcam is connected directly to a 100ah battery and an lm2596 switching regulator, no clue the frame rate

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1YDP...w?usp=drivesdk

The red light

My location

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1XrQ...w?usp=drivesdk

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Xse...w?usp=drivesdk


I compared all the light sources around here to the brief search beam flash, nothing, shadows are all wrong..

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_Xe...w?usp=drivesdk

Only reason I looked, was because my power company woke me up...
cjdelphi is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th August 2022, 02:10 AM   #34
Mojo
Mostly harmless
 
Mojo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Nor Flanden
Posts: 36,429
Originally Posted by cjdelphi View Post
The power company said it was a bat that caused the power out, well, no bat being electrocuted can create a flash of light without a zzzzzzap firecracker/whip type sound as the plasma discharges into the air due to less resistance of the bat getting between the conductors

Yes, I'm into electronics as you can see on the rest of my youtube videos

But my power company would say a bat did it even if an asteroid hit the power station can't be trusted

Why would a power company want to say that an outage caused by an alien spacecraft was the result of a bat flying into their equipment?
__________________
"You got to use your brain." - McKinley Morganfield

"The poor mystic homeopaths feel like petted house-cats thrown at high flood on the breaking ice." - Leon Trotsky
Mojo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th August 2022, 02:24 AM   #35
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing
 
smartcooky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Nelson, New Zealand
Posts: 22,314
Originally Posted by Mojo View Post
Why would a power company want to say that an outage caused by an alien spacecraft was the result of a bat flying into their equipment?
Well, I have literally seen a bird knock out the power, and start a fire at the same time!

A magpie landed on a pole mounted high-tension transformer in a rural area. It landed on the cross arm and got zapped by the 11KV wire (this knocked out the power) then plummeted dead and flaming to the base of the power pole where there was long dry grass growing, which caught fire and almost immediately spread into an adjacent field of corn stubble and within minutes most of the field was well alight.

**** happens!
__________________
Science supplies evidence, invites you to analyse and evaluate that evidence, and then to draw conclusions from that
Religion supplies no evidence, demands you have faith, and expects you to uncritically and automatically believe that something is true simply because "the Bible tells you so"
If you don't like my posts, opinions, or directness then put me on your ignore list!

Last edited by smartcooky; 7th August 2022 at 02:27 AM.
smartcooky is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th August 2022, 02:45 AM   #36
cjdelphi
Critical Thinker
 
Join Date: Aug 2022
Posts: 455
Originally Posted by smartcooky View Post
Well, I have literally seen a bird knock out the power, and start a fire at the same time!

A magpie landed on a pole mounted high-tension transformer in a rural area. It landed on the cross arm and got zapped by the 11KV wire (this knocked out the power) then plummeted dead and flaming to the base of the power pole where there was long dry grass growing, which caught fire and almost immediately spread into an adjacent field of corn stubble and within minutes most of the field was well alight.

**** happens!
There was nothing electrical going on, learn what high voltage plasma is, any arcing makes sound, this was silent, try again!
cjdelphi is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th August 2022, 02:52 AM   #37
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing
 
smartcooky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Nelson, New Zealand
Posts: 22,314
Originally Posted by cjdelphi View Post
There was nothing electrical going on, learn what high voltage plasma is, any arcing makes sound, this was not recorded, try again!
FTFY
__________________
Science supplies evidence, invites you to analyse and evaluate that evidence, and then to draw conclusions from that
Religion supplies no evidence, demands you have faith, and expects you to uncritically and automatically believe that something is true simply because "the Bible tells you so"
If you don't like my posts, opinions, or directness then put me on your ignore list!
smartcooky is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th August 2022, 02:56 AM   #38
Jack by the hedge
Safely Ignored
 
Jack by the hedge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 13,713
(Sorry I haven't watched more that the first video yet as it's awkward on my phone but) as it's been noted that the video of a car reversing also shows dropping/skipping a second or two of video, can i ask the OP to address the possibility that dropping occasional chunks of video frames might be a glitch in the recorder which happens all the time and just wasn't noticed until this event.

Also my first impression of the odd noise is it coincides with the blueish flash beyond the trees and is probably interference caused by an electrical discharge. Has the OP attempted to find the location where a bat purportedly met its end? Was it in that direction?
Jack by the hedge is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th August 2022, 03:37 AM   #39
cjdelphi
Critical Thinker
 
Join Date: Aug 2022
Posts: 455
You said what 20 skeptics before all said...

I know what electric discharge is, and I have put my location here, I filter emi and end with chokes and my own inductor and capacitors ...

The raw video is copied directly from memory card, the other videos are not... which could explain the jumpy ness
cjdelphi is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th August 2022, 03:45 AM   #40
Jack by the hedge
Safely Ignored
 
Jack by the hedge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 13,713
So you filter out interference coming from the power supply. What of EMI that isn't mains borne? A camera and microphone which were running on an internal battery and unconnected to anything else could still be susceptible to EMI. I infer that's what you think actually happened, but you propose an exotic source rather than a mundane one.

What about the reported dropped video frames in the car video? Do you intend to copy that video straight off the card like the other to see if the anomaly is on the original recording?

Last edited by Jack by the hedge; 7th August 2022 at 03:46 AM.
Jack by the hedge is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Reply

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:20 PM.
Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

This forum began as part of the James Randi Education Foundation (JREF). However, the forum now exists as
an independent entity with no affiliation with or endorsement by the JREF, including the section in reference to "JREF" topics.

Disclaimer: Messages posted in the Forum are solely the opinion of their authors.