ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories
 


Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags bill clinton , ex-presidents , George W. Bush

Reply
Old 13th July 2011, 04:28 PM   #121
BeAChooser
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 11,716
Originally Posted by Biscuit View Post
How come people with the most dirt on the Clintons are still alive; Flowers, Jones, Star, Lewinsky?
LOL! You think those women had more "dirt" on the Clintons than their own personal attorney, Vince Foster? Say, isn't he dead?
BeAChooser is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th July 2011, 04:40 PM   #122
uke2se
Penultimate Amazing
 
uke2se's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 13,426
Originally Posted by BeAChooser View Post
Do trees not fall in the forest just because you don't hear or see them fall?
How many crimes have they been convicted for?
uke2se is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th July 2011, 04:42 PM   #123
uke2se
Penultimate Amazing
 
uke2se's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 13,426
Originally Posted by BeAChooser View Post
No they haven't...

...OUTRIGHT LYING...
Yes... yes, you are.
uke2se is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th July 2011, 04:47 PM   #124
332nd
Penultimate Amazing
 
332nd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 11,278
Originally Posted by BeAChooser View Post
Do trees not fall in the forest just because you don't hear or see them fall?
Does bigfoot not knock the trees over? After all, there are many experts, witnesses, photographs & even film!
__________________
The poster formerly known as Redtail
332nd is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th July 2011, 05:38 PM   #125
Upchurch
Papa Funkosophy
 
Upchurch's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: St. Louis, MO
Posts: 31,837
Originally Posted by BeAChooser View Post
Say whatever you want, but, U are the one who debates like a 9/11 twoofer.

As I've proven over and over.
You use "prove" where you should say "assert". I'm not sure you even understand what "prove" actually mean. Those links show my point far more than they do yours.
Upchurch is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th July 2011, 05:43 PM   #126
BeAChooser
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 11,716
Originally Posted by uke2se View Post
you seem completely unable to bring any actual facts to the table
So you claim I'm "unable to bring any actual facts to the table?" A bold claim. Let's see if you can back it up. I'll ask you the same questions I asked Chaos. Will you run like he did?

Are you denying the fact that a military photographer and about half a dozen highly regarded forensic pathologists, all of whom were experts in gunshot wounds, publically stated that Ron Brown had what appeared to be a gunshot wound to the head and he should have been autopsied? Yes or no?

Are you denying the fact that Miquel Rodriguez, the man Ken Star picked to head his investigation of the death of Vince Foster, publically stated that the investigation was a sham and that he saw photographic evidence that Foster was shot in the neck, totally contradicting the official story? Yes or no?

Are you denying the fact that the man who wrote the articles of impeachment against Nixon is on the record stating that "Clinton's abuse of the IRS was far worse than Nixon's, and that Clinton should have been impeached a second time" and that "[i]n his conduct of the office of the president of the United States, William J. Clinton has given or received bribes"? Yes or no?

Are you denying the fact that handwritten FBI interview notes from May 9, 1994 show that Lisa Foster told the investigators Vince was "fighting" a "prescription" for sleeping pills dispensed several months earlier for insomnia, but the typed FD-302 report of the interview states in the equivalent location that Foster had been "fighting depression"? Yes or no?

Are you denying the fact that three well known handwriting experts have gone on record stating the so-called suicide note, that Clinton officials claim to have found in Foster's briefcase days after it had been searched in front of Park Police and nothing was found, is an obvious forgery? Yes or no?

Let's START with these five questions.

Will you answer yes to any of them, thus proving you attempted to lie.

Or will you answer "no" to all of them, thus proving you're a Truther?
BeAChooser is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th July 2011, 06:50 PM   #127
rustypouch
Philosopher
 
rustypouch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 6,736
Originally Posted by JudeBrando View Post
It's nothing but more blatant evidence of the blatant bias of this board, which is fine...

What is the conspiracy theory here?


You're amused, and insulting. What do you know of what "his life consists of"? What "failed topic" is this? Do you want only circle-jerk leftist amen choirs?


Wrong. He inspires all this vitriol aimed at him because he's better at providing and arguing the facts than any of you.
How is refusing to accept some very strong claims without supporting evidence 'blatant bias?'

I suppose it's like all those people who refuse to believe that Glenn Beck raped and killed a girl in 1990 are his ardent supporters...
rustypouch is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th July 2011, 06:55 PM   #128
JudeBrando
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,692
Originally Posted by rustypouch View Post
How is refusing to accept some very strong claims without supporting evidence 'blatant bias?'
What is the "conspiracy theory" here?
JudeBrando is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th July 2011, 07:02 PM   #129
rustypouch
Philosopher
 
rustypouch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 6,736
Originally Posted by JudeBrando View Post
What is the "conspiracy theory" here?
I don't know if you're serious, or trolling...

But I'll answer your question after you answer mine.

Go.
rustypouch is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th July 2011, 07:21 PM   #130
NotJesus
Unsaviory
 
NotJesus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 6,629
Originally Posted by BeAChooser View Post
So you claim I'm "unable to bring any actual facts to the table?" A bold claim. Let's see if you can back it up. I'll ask you the same questions I asked Chaos. Will you run like he did?

Are you denying the fact that a military photographer and about half a dozen highly regarded forensic pathologists, all of whom were experts in gunshot wounds, publically stated that Ron Brown had what appeared to be a gunshot wound to the head and he should have been autopsied? Yes or no?

Are you denying the fact that Miquel Rodriguez, the man Ken Star picked to head his investigation of the death of Vince Foster, publically stated that the investigation was a sham and that he saw photographic evidence that Foster was shot in the neck, totally contradicting the official story? Yes or no?

Are you denying the fact that the man who wrote the articles of impeachment against Nixon is on the record stating that "Clinton's abuse of the IRS was far worse than Nixon's, and that Clinton should have been impeached a second time" and that "[i]n his conduct of the office of the president of the United States, William J. Clinton has given or received bribes"? Yes or no?

Are you denying the fact that handwritten FBI interview notes from May 9, 1994 show that Lisa Foster told the investigators Vince was "fighting" a "prescription" for sleeping pills dispensed several months earlier for insomnia, but the typed FD-302 report of the interview states in the equivalent location that Foster had been "fighting depression"? Yes or no?

Are you denying the fact that three well known handwriting experts have gone on record stating the so-called suicide note, that Clinton officials claim to have found in Foster's briefcase days after it had been searched in front of Park Police and nothing was found, is an obvious forgery? Yes or no?

Let's START with these five questions.

Will you answer yes to any of them, thus proving you attempted to lie.

Or will you answer "no" to all of them, thus proving you're a Truther?
No doubt the sources for all the above are your usual extremist websites, but assuming they're all true:

Four of the five are opinions. No facts at all. Saying "It's a fact that so-and-so expressed an opinion which tends to support my position," is not terribly impressive, as "facts" go.

The other is apparently a key fact in the, "reading Vince Foster's mind proves he couldn't have killed himself," nonsense. I wish you lots of luck with it.
NotJesus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th July 2011, 07:27 PM   #131
Hans
Philosopher
 
Hans's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 7,972
Quote:
You're amused, and insulting. What do you know of what "his life consists of"?
Hans: Because I can read his continual unending attempts to go over and over the same material, derailing other threads, bringing up nonsense so he can to bring up his only point of conversation……..and truth is never insulting

Quote:
What "failed topic" is this?
Hans: Read the tread and the many more where he’s gone over the same material, over and over again. Do you think he has not done that? Fail means, to not succeed, but I think we both know you already knew that.

Quote:
Do you want only circle-jerk leftist amen choirs?
Hans: People should just leave the poor guy to circle slowly around talking to himself. As I noted before he should write a book or if he really believes he has special information, get a law enforcement agency to believe him – but that might be difficult…..so instead he goes over and over the same failed material – desperately trying to get someone to allow him to do his performance once again, LOL

Here is a question for you how many times should the same arguments be made?
Hans is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th July 2011, 09:44 PM   #132
BenBurch
Gatekeeper of The Left
 
BenBurch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: The Universe 35.2 ms ahead of this one.
Posts: 37,535
Originally Posted by Hans View Post
OOh wait they could use a believer in the Piri Reis map too especially one who has never actually looked at it. I found those folks to have a greater inner reserve of woooability

...

It's all explained by the qabalistic interpretation of the Voynich Manuscript.
__________________
For what doth it profit a man, to fix one bug, but crash the system?
BenBurch is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th July 2011, 10:07 PM   #133
BeAChooser
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 11,716
Originally Posted by 000063 View Post
Originally Posted by BeAChooser
Very few are aware of the facts surrounding Bill Clinton. They know next to nothing (and in many cases nothing) about Travelgate, CampaignFinancegate, Chinagate, Filegate, Emailgate, Rapegate, Pardongate, Monicagate, Fostergate, Browngate, etc. etc. etc.

BAC, be honest; did you make up any of those nicknames?
Well are you unclear as to what I'm referring to with those descriptions? Or are you one of the unwash, uninformed masses kept in the dark by the liberal media? Is your primary source of news the LATimes, for example? Because if it is, then that might explain why you seem unfamiliar with the term Rapegate. Because they never told their readers about the charges that he raped a women (actually several women) that surfaced during his impeachment. Assertions that, at least in one instance, FBI agents stated were quite credible.

Originally Posted by 000063 View Post
Quote:
Certainly the democrat who wrote the articles of impeachment against Nixon agrees with me. Certainly the democrat who worked for the House Managers as the chief Clinton impeachment prosecutor agrees with me.

Did you ask them?
They offered that opinion without my needing to ask them. Are you unaware of their published comments? In the dark about that too? Maybe you need new sources of information? Ever consider that?

Originally Posted by 000063 View Post
My word, you're intellectually bankrupt.
No, the folks who are intellectually AND MORALLY bankrupt are the ones still defending and supporting Clinton despite all we know about him. You in that group?
BeAChooser is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th July 2011, 10:00 AM   #134
kmortis
Biomechanoid
Director of IDIOCY (Region 13)
Deputy Admin
 
kmortis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: New Texas (aka SOMD)
Posts: 30,972
Mod WarningGet this thread back on topic, please. The topic is not the other posters.
Posted By:kmortis
__________________
-Aberhaten did it
- "Which gives us an answer to our question. What’s the worst thing that can happen in a pressure cooker?" Randall Munroe
-Director of Independent Determining Inquisitor Of Crazy Yapping
- Aberhaten's Apothegm™ - An Internet law that states that optimism is indistinguishable from sarcasm
kmortis is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th July 2011, 11:23 AM   #135
The Charnel Expanse
Muse
 
The Charnel Expanse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 944
If you're going to cite David Schippers as a source, you should probably note that the guy is a truther.source
__________________
Nature abhors a vacuum, which is why my dog barks at the roomba.

"I nominate The Charnel Expanse as the greatest poster in the history of the Internet." - - johnny karate
The Charnel Expanse is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th July 2011, 11:38 AM   #136
Biscuit
Philosopher
 
Biscuit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 6,929
Originally Posted by BeAChooser View Post
Do trees not fall in the forest just because you don't hear or see them fall?
I have no idea what you mean with this response. In one paragraph you alleged they were criminals and then in the next sentence you call them criminals. So I will ask again. Are the Clintons alleged criminals or are they criminals?

My second question that you ignored. What was the most recent crime the Clintons committed?
__________________
“... there is no shame in not knowing. The problem arises when irrational thought and attendant behavior fill the vacuum left by ignorance.”
― Neil deGrasse Tyson
Biscuit is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th July 2011, 01:18 PM   #137
CORed
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Central City, Colorado, USA
Posts: 9,163
Originally Posted by rustypouch View Post
So does anyone else loathe the use of -gate as a suffix to denote anything that has a hint of political scandal?
Yes. It's long past time to stop doing that.
CORed is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th July 2011, 01:24 PM   #138
CORed
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Central City, Colorado, USA
Posts: 9,163
Originally Posted by BeAChooser View Post
Like I said in the beginning, it's says something about the people willing to pay that much ... if the person has the sort of past Clinton does.
Yeh. governor of Arkansas, President of the United States. What a low-life!
CORed is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th July 2011, 01:28 PM   #139
CORed
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Central City, Colorado, USA
Posts: 9,163
Originally Posted by BeAChooser View Post
Have Brady or Manning committed the list of crimes I noted earlier? Not that I've heard.
No they haven't Neither has Clinton.
CORed is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th July 2011, 01:50 PM   #140
The Charnel Expanse
Muse
 
The Charnel Expanse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 944
Some of Manning's early playoff performances probably violated the Geneva Convention.
__________________
Nature abhors a vacuum, which is why my dog barks at the roomba.

"I nominate The Charnel Expanse as the greatest poster in the history of the Internet." - - johnny karate
The Charnel Expanse is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th July 2011, 02:04 PM   #141
TheRedWorm
I AM the Red Worm!
 
TheRedWorm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 4,452
Originally Posted by Ausmerican View Post
No rusty he is right, it IS blatant bias. We are all blatantly biased towards evidence and skepticism.

(Post starting with LOL and containing at least two by BaC in
Quote:
3...
Originally Posted by BeAChooser View Post
I'm curious NJ.

Do you consider your opinion of equal significance/weight to that a highly experienced forensic pathologist who saw Ron Brown's wound and x-rays first hand?

Do you consider your opinion the equal of Miquel Rodriguez's, who Ken Starr selected to head his investigation of Vince Foster's death?

It appears you do.

In which case, you remind me of a 9/11 Truther.
Quote:
2...
Originally Posted by BeAChooser View Post
So which claims to you think I've made that I don't have supporting evidence for? Be specific. Don't hide behind vagueness ... like a 9/11 Truther would.
Quote:
1...)
Originally Posted by BeAChooser View Post
Hans has me on ignore.

That's because he's afraid to even discuss ONE aspect of the Vince Foster case with me.

Even one.

Because he has the certainty of belief that a 9/11 Truther has.

And the same fear of facts.



LOL! And yet here Hans is on this thread, even hanging around after claiming he put me on ignore.



How many times do anti-Truthers confront 9/11 Truthers on this forum? As often as they make claims that are false. There is your answer.
Pretty close, Ausmerican...
__________________
I'll be the best Congressman money can buy!

As usual, he doesn't understand the relevant sciences, can't Google for the right thing, and appears to rely on the notion that a word salad liberally sprinkled with Google Croutons will make his argument seem coherent. -JayUtah
TheRedWorm is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th July 2011, 02:21 PM   #142
Biscuit
Philosopher
 
Biscuit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 6,929
Originally Posted by BeAChooser View Post
O

Or take on the challenge I gave Hans ... discuss the so-called "suicide note" in the Vince Foster case.
Are you referring to his letter of resignation? Because a suicide note and a LOR are not the same thing.
__________________
“... there is no shame in not knowing. The problem arises when irrational thought and attendant behavior fill the vacuum left by ignorance.”
― Neil deGrasse Tyson
Biscuit is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th July 2011, 09:17 PM   #143
BeAChooser
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 11,716
Originally Posted by Chaos View Post
Originally Posted by BeAChooser
Are you denying the fact that a military photographer and about half a dozen highly regarded forensic pathologists, all of whom were experts in gunshot wounds, publically stated that Ron Brown had what appeared to be a gunshot wound to the head and he should have been autopsied? Yes or no?

I deny your often-repeated and unproven claim that this is so.
LOL! So you claim that it's unproven that a military photographer and about half a dozen highly regarded forensic pathologists stated Brown appeared to have what looked like a gunshot wound to the head and should have been autopsied? I see.

Well, then you must think all of the linked, sourced material listed in the following post by me, for instance,

http://www.internationalskeptics.com...7&postcount=74

was nothing but lies? Right? Isn't that exactly what you are claiming with your statement, Chaos? That you think Christopher Ruddy, The Pittsburgh Tribune-Review, the Washington Weekly, Carl Limbaucher, Wesley Phelan, Larry Klayman, Judicial Watch, and George Putnam simply fabricated those quotes by the military photographer and pathologists? That they are all liars? Right?

But if that is true, then how do you explain what other articles and statements say? Because they certainly suggest that a photographer and pathologists were alleging what Ruddy, Limbaucher, Phelan, Klayman and Putnam quoted them saying in my post.

For example ...

http://www.cashill.com/ronbrown/time...bama_brown.htm

Quote:
In early December 1997, after eighteen months of successful damage control by the White House, the black community in Chicago finally learned of the anomalies in the death of Ron Brown.

… snip …

As reported in the Chicago Independent Bulletin, a group of black pastors, led by Rev. Hiram Crawford of the Israel Methodist Community Church on Chicago’s south side, “blasted local black legislators for their apparent silence in this matter.”

… snip …

As the Bulletin article reported accurately, Lt. Col. Steve Cogswell, a doctor and deputy medical examiner with the Armed Forces Institute of Pathology (AFIP), had gone public with his concerns.

“When you get something that appears to be a homicide, that should bring everything to a screeching halt," Cogswell was quoted as saying of Brown’s death.

Cogswell was referring to the “.45-inch inwardly beveling circular hole in top of [Brown’s] head,” which he described as “essentially the description of a 45-caliber gunshot wound.” Cogswell argued that at the very least the wound should have prompted an autopsy, but it did not.

So troubled were the Chicago pastors by what they saw as a “conspiracy to divert justice” that they called for the impeachment of President Clinton along with the opening of an investigation into Brown’s death.
You must be claiming that Jack Cashill also fabricated quotes by Cogswell and that the Chicago Independent Bulletin did not report the quote by Cogswell that Cashill claims they reported? But if Cashill said something false, don't you think the CIB would have demanded a retraction? Do you have any evidence AT ALL that the Chicago Independent Bulletin complained to or about Cashill? Hmmmm?

Or take this statement from the same Cashill article:

Quote:
The following day, Howard Kurtz of the Washington Post did what the mainstream media routinely did during the Clinton years—attacked the president’s critics.

“Cogswell never actually examined the body,” Kurtz snickered about Cogswell, who had covered the Croatian end of the crash. Kurtz then added with preposterous certainty, “There definitely was no bullet because there was no exit wound.”
Now why would Kurtz say that if Cogswell hadn't stated what Ruddy and others say he said? I thought Kurtz was supposed to be a respected journalist … who verifies his sources. Are you saying he's not? Because unless you are again claiming that Cashill completely fabricated that quote by Kurtz, then Kurtz must be incompetent if what you claim is true? Why wouldn't Kurtz have sued Cashill or demanded a retraction if he was misquoted? Can you provide any evidence of that? Hmmmmm?

Also, from the Cashill article:

Quote:
On Christmas Eve, veteran activist and former comedian Dick Gregory staged a protest and prayer vigil at the AFIP headquarters in Washington that culminated in the TV-friendly gesture of wrapping yellow crime scene tape around the area.

“We are not going to allow this to pass,” Gregory vowed. “There is very strong evidence the AFIP found a gunshot wound on Brown’s head and decided to cover-up this evidence.”
You must be claiming Gregory never said this … that Cashill lied about that too? This Cashill must be an awful guy, lying about everyone's statements. But why is Gregory still hosting articles on his own website about what it's alleged Janoski and Cogswell said (for example, http://www.dickgregory.com/dick/7_ronbrown.html , http://www.dickgregory.com/dick/8_ronbrown1.html , http://www.dickgregory.com/dick/11_ronbrown4.html ). Why would he do that rather than sue Cashill if Cashill misrepresented him? Hmmmmmm?

Something about your beliefs just doesn't smell right, Chaos. Because you're claiming lots of people have cause to sue Cashill but none have.

And you must also think I'm a liar. There's no way around that because, as I stated in http://www.internationalskeptics.com...7&postcount=74 (you read that thread before making your sweeping claim, right?), I've seen and posted here at JREF a video of CPO Janoski and Lt Colonel Cogswell (the military photographer and one of the military forensic pathologists in question) saying on camera what they are quoted saying by Ruddy and the other sources that you claim are lying. So you have to think I'm lying about that.

But then how do you explain the fact that on the JREF thread where I actually posted that video, here … http://www.internationalskeptics.com...5&postcount=78 , there were lots of *skeptics* like you busy trying to discredit my assertions and embarrass me, yet not one poster … NOT EVEN ONE … pointed out that the video I linked didn't exist or claimed it didn't say exactly what I claimed? They just ignored it.

Were my opponents on that thread just unobservant, Chaos? Are you claiming that beachnut, for example, to whom I specifically posted that video and then called a liar for essentially claiming what you are now claiming, wouldn't have pointed out immediately that my link to the video didn't work or say what I claimed, if it hadn't existed or said what I claimed? Hmmmmm?

And notice maxpower1227 was on that thread (calling me a "deranged" "loon"). So I specifically pointed out the video to him. You think he is such a poor debater that he didn't catch what you seem to be claiming was an obvious lie?

How about yodaluver28? I specifically challenged him regarding the Cogswell/Janoski video too … and asked if he was too lazy or too partisan to look at it. You don't think that would have motivated him to catch me in what you seem to be claiming was a transparent and easily disproven lie? Really? If so, I don't think you know human nature.

And let's not forget Alt+F4 and JoeElison. I pointed out that video to both of them on that thread, as well. And they didn't catch me in what would have been an easily proven lie either. They ignored the video, too.

And there were other posters present on that thread … some that are here on this thread. Sez Me, for example. And ANTPogo. And Upchurch. Are you suggesting that they are such a poor debaters, or so inattentive, that they wouldn't have jumped at reporting an obvious lie by me … if I had indeed lied as you seem to be claiming? They don't seem like poor debaters who would pass up the opportunity to embarrass me? But then that's my opinion.

Now surely you are not suggesting ALL the above posters were so close minded that they didn't even watch the video I linked? After all, I was just satisfying their demands for … *evidence*. Of course they watched it. Right? And if they watched it, and it didn't show what I claimed, don't you think they would have immediately pointed that out and gloated? Or if the link I supplied didn't work, don't you think they'd have pointed THAT out? Yet they didn't. How do you explain that?

Since they didn't, I think folks can safely assume that the video existed and said exactly what I claimed. It corroborated the accuracy of the quotes in the sources for both Janoski and Cogswell. And if those quotes are accurate, isn't it likely that the quotes of the other pathologists and experts who were quoted in those articles by Ruddy and others are equally accurate? Seems logical. In fact, I recall that Janoski and Cogswell mentioned what some of the other experts said in that no longer working video … just what Ruddy and the others claimed they said.

So you see, Chaos, simply and very straightforward logic shows that your implied assertion that I'm a liar about the Cogswell/Janoski video evidence just doesn't pass the smell test, even if the video in question has long since been taken down from youtube.

You'll also note in post http://www.internationalskeptics.com...5&postcount=78 , that I claimed Larry Elder, a noted radio host, had interviewed several of the parties in question, including Dr Cyril Wecht (a widely respected civilian forensic pathologist). I said he interviewed Wecht on TV on December 31, 1997 when he was the guest host of CNBC's Rivera Live! You calling that claim by me a lie, too? Hmmmmmm? I tell you what, why don't you contact Larry Elder. If I'm lying about him doing that or the view expressed by Wecht, I'm sure he'd be eager to set the record straight. But somehow I don't think you'll do that.

Originally Posted by Chaos View Post
Quote:
Are you denying the fact that Miquel Rodriguez, the man Ken Star picked to head his investigation of the death of Vince Foster, publically stated that the investigation was a sham and that he saw photographic evidence that Foster was shot in the neck, totally contradicting the official story? Yes or no?

I deny your often-repeated and unproven claim that this is so.
Here you go again. You really think I can't and haven't backed up that claim here at JREF? Here, the following links have been previously posted to this forum by me (note what it states):

http://www.aim.org/special-report/de...foster-part-1/
http://www.aim.org/special-report/de...foster-part-2/
http://www.aim.org/special-report/de...foster-part-3/
http://www.aim.org/special-report/de...foster-part-4/

Quote:
You are about to hear the voice of Miquel Rodriguez, a United States Attorney working in Sacramento California.

Mr. Rodriguez resigned from Kenneth Starr’s office of Independent Counsel in the spring of 1995, when Kenneth Starr’s staff frustrated his investigation. Mr. Rodriguez resigned because he refused to join the others in covering up Foster’s murder. … snip … What you will hear are actual excerpts from some of these conversations. Only the voice of Mr. Rodriguez is heard, to protect confidential sources.

… snip …

Narrator

There never really was an investigation into Vincent Foster’s death. There was only the appearance of an investigation. Park Police investigator Cheryl Braun, admitted in testimony that the determination that the death was a suicide was made prior to her going up and looking at the body. The Fiske and Starr investigations were result-oriented. Miquel Rodriguez resigned because he would not be part of an investigation with a forgone conclusion.

Miquel Rodriguez:

It’s ah, the result is being dictated by a lot higher, um, authority than I think people really understand or appreciate and certainly more than I ever appreciated. What with this whole notion ah, you know, of, of doing an honest investigation, um, you know, you know, it’s, it’s laughable.

I knew what the result was going to be, because I was told what the result was going to be from the get-go. And then there’s all so much fluff, and a look-good job, it’s just, this is all, all so much nonsense and I knew the result before the investigation began.

That’s why I left. I don’t do investigations like that ? do investigations to justify results. There’s a ? again, I don’t think they can go back to the fact that, and it’s just a fact for me because it was told to me, the result here has already been determined. It was determined long ago. Fiske himself indicated that he had determined the result before he had ever released a report. And that’s the way all the investigations have resulted ? its end oriented. Again, you know, I left for a very good reason. The results, you know, were dictated and I don’t do that kind of work.

… snip …

Miquel Rodriguez:

Both EMTs that responded to the park. Both observed trauma to the neck. I saw pictures that clearly indicate to me that there is trauma on the neck. I believe it’s a puncture wound on the neck.

There is really nothing that is consistent with him committing that kind of violent act at all.
So are you claiming AIM is falsely representing what Miquel Rodriguez said? Are you? That they fabricated his voice for that audio file they linked at that site? Hmmmmm? Wow! Fabricating his voice even … and he didn't complain?

Originally Posted by Chaos View Post
Quote:
Are you denying the fact that the man who wrote the articles of impeachment against Nixon is on the record stating that "Clinton's abuse of the IRS was far worse than Nixon's, and that Clinton should have been impeached a second time" and that "[i]n his conduct of the office of the president of the United States, William J. Clinton has given or received bribes"? Yes or no?

I deny your often-repeated and unproven claim that this is so.
Didn't you see the post where I had linked the following official government document, which includes a memo that Jerome Zeifman, the former chief counsel of the House Judiciary Committee in 1973 and 1974 (the democrat who wrote the articles of impeachment against Nixon), wrote to Bob Barr, Representative from the State of Georgia on November 18, 1998?

http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/CHRG-10...5hhrg53367.pdf

Quote:
I am submitting for your consideration the text of my recommendations for a proposed Article of Impeachment against President Clinton for bribery, which follows:


BRIBERY

In his conduct of the office of President of the United States, William J. Clinton has given or received bribes with respect to one or more of the following:

(1) Approving, condoning, or acquiescing in the surreptitious payment of bribes for the purpose of obtaining the silence or influencing the testimony of Webster Hubbell as a witness or potential witness in criminal proceedings;

(2) Approving, condoning, or acquiescing in the use of political influence by Vernon Jordan in obtaining employment for the purpose of obtaining the silence or influencing the testimony of Monica Lewinsky as a witness or po- tential witness in civil or criminal proceedings; and

(3) Approving, condoning or acquiescence in the receipt of bribes in connec- tion with the issuance of an executive order which had the effect of giving Indonesia a monopoly on the sale of certain types of coal.
Are you really claiming that official government document, found on the website of the US Government Printing Office, is a lie? Or that this link was just fabricated by me? Hmmmmm?

Originally Posted by Chaos View Post
Quote:
Are you denying the fact that handwritten FBI interview notes from May 9, 1994 show that Lisa Foster told the investigators Vince was "fighting" a "prescription" for sleeping pills dispensed several months earlier for insomnia, but the typed FD-302 report of the interview states in the equivalent location that Foster had been "fighting depression"? Yes or no?

I deny your often-repeated and unproven claim that this is so.
I can't count the number of times I posted a link to the handwritten notes and typed FD-302 form to proved the above claim on this forum. This link: http://www.swlink.net/~hoboh/foster/...depression.htm . Now it's no longer working but again, NOT ONCE in all the times I posted that link to this forum and ask my detractors to comment did ANY JREF *skeptic* respond that the link didn't work or didn't say exactly what I claimed. Not once.

For example, I posted it on this thread: http://www.internationalskeptics.com...69#post5185169 . And I posted it on this thread: http://www.internationalskeptics.com...&postcount=132 . And I posted it here: http://www.internationalskeptics.com...&postcount=110 . And here: http://www.internationalskeptics.com...&postcount=111 . And here: http://www.internationalskeptics.com...28&postcount=1 . And here: http://www.internationalskeptics.com...0&postcount=33.

I could go on and on. And NOT ONE of those JREF *skeptics* to whom those posts were addressed responded that the link I posted didn't work or claimed that the link said something other than what I claimed. No, they just acted like … well, you know what … and ignored it. But if you search, you can still find reference to what I claimed.

Christopher Ruddy mentioned this in his book: http://books.google.com/books?id=qT8...page&q&f=false . You can do a search for "fighting" and you'll find the exact passage.

But then I know you claim Ruddy is lying about everything. So here, how about Dan Moldea, who also wrote a book (http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE...le&pageId=3232 ) and in it noted that:

Quote:
The handwritten FBI interview notes of the widow state that Foster had been "fighting" taking a "prescription" for sleeping pills ("Restoril," generic name "tamazepam," a benzodiazepine) dispensed several months earlier for this same insomnia (according to his widow, Foster was concerned the sleeping pills could be addictive), but the typed FD-302 report of the interview states in the equivalent location that Foster had been "fighting depression," a significant alteration in wording by the FBI, apparently made to buttress the official claims that Foster was depressed.
Is he lying too? I think we are starting to see a pattern here, Chaos. You just won't believe anyone or any logic that challenges your firmly held beliefs about Clinton, will you?

Originally Posted by Chaos View Post
Quote:
Are you denying the fact that three well known handwriting experts have gone on record stating the so-called suicide note, that Clinton officials claim to have found in Foster's briefcase days after it had been searched in front of Park Police and nothing was found, is an obvious forgery? Yes or no?

I deny your often-repeated and unproven claim that this is so.
I already linked a post on this forum that specifically dealt with the so-called suicide note issue. Here: http://www.internationalskeptics.com...&postcount=655 . And in that link you will find an article by Reed Irvine of AIM, http://www.aim.org/publications/aim_.../1995/08a.html , that describes the conclusion of Sgt Larry Lockhart, the handwriting expert that the government originally used to authenticate the "suicide" note as having been written by Foster, after Lockhart was shown (in a blind test) better images of characters from the note in question than what the government provided and asked to compare it with samples from another source. And he concluded that the note and samples were "very possibly" or "probably" written by different persons. Thus contradicting his original conclusion.

Also in my previous post http://www.internationalskeptics.com...&postcount=655 , I linked a source that provides the statements of the three widely recognized, board certified handwriting experts who evaluated the so-called "suicide" note authenticity. Here's that linK again, http://whatreallyhappened.com/RANCHO...NOTE/note.html . And as noted in my post, the conclusion from their work was reported by Reuter's and published in a UK paper. Here:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...s-1579504.html

Quote:
26 October 1995

Washington (Reuter) - Someone forged the torn-up suicide note that was discovered after White House lawyer Vincent Foster was found with a fatal gunshot wound, a group of handwriting experts said yesterday.

Three handwriting specialists presented analysis at a news conference of the note found in Foster's briefcase after the deputy White House counsel was found dead on 20 July 1993 in a park near Washington. They said it appeared the note was not written by Foster but was a forgery.

… snip …

The handwriting specialists, former New York police department homicide expert Vincent Scalice, Oxford University manuscript expert Reginald Alton, and Boston private investigator Ronald Rice, said comparisons with a letter Foster had written had enough differences in style and letters to conclude the suicide note was not written by Foster.
And you just ignored all that, didn't you, Chaos. I think given all the above, we can established that you are 100% wrong. My claims are proven and by credible sources. You are now shown to be unreliable.

BeAChooser is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th July 2011, 09:35 PM   #144
dropzone
Master Poster
 
dropzone's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 2,032
I voted for him twice and would vote for him again. He has his failings, but he did a good job.

And he could sing the birds out of the trees, explaining his success with his speaking engagements.
dropzone is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th July 2011, 10:20 PM   #145
Hans
Philosopher
 
Hans's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 7,972
I never voted for him never quite liked him and thought he should have resigned over lying about Monica, however over time one must admit he did some things well as the President.
Hans is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th July 2011, 10:42 PM   #146
NotJesus
Unsaviory
 
NotJesus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 6,629
You're citing Jack Cashill again? Too funny. I guess this thread didn't teach you anything.
NotJesus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th July 2011, 05:14 AM   #147
Spindrift
Time Person of the Year, 2006
 
Spindrift's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Right here!
Posts: 19,246
Originally Posted by BeAChooser View Post
LOL! So you claim that it's unproven that a military photographer and about half a dozen highly regarded forensic pathologists stated Brown appeared to have what looked like a gunshot wound to the head and should have been autopsied? I see.
He never said that they didn't say that. He's saying it doesn't prove anything. Someone making a claim and someone proving something are two very different things. Apparently when it comes to the Clinton's you always consider them the same.
__________________
I've always believed that cluelessness evolved as an adaptation to allow the truly appalling to live with themselves. - G. B. Trudeau
A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it. - Kay, Men in Black.
Enjoy every sandwich. - Warren Zevon
Spindrift is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th July 2011, 05:15 AM   #148
nvidiot
Botanical Jedi
 
nvidiot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 2,121
So why is it bad that Clinton made money again?
nvidiot is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th July 2011, 05:24 AM   #149
Tricky
Briefly immortal
 
Tricky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: The Group W Bench
Posts: 44,369
Mod Warning I've gone back and done a little more cleanout, mostly of bickering but some off-topic.

To answer a FAQ, this thread was moved to CT because it was not so much about Clinton's speeches as it was about the conspiracy theories involving the Clintons.

Feel free to discuss (again) those theories, but stop with the personalization.

Thank you
Posted By:Tricky
Tricky is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th July 2011, 07:35 AM   #150
BenBurch
Gatekeeper of The Left
 
BenBurch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: The Universe 35.2 ms ahead of this one.
Posts: 37,535
Originally Posted by nvidiot View Post
So why is it bad that Clinton made money again?
Because he wasn't George H. W. Bush or Bob Dole.
__________________
For what doth it profit a man, to fix one bug, but crash the system?
BenBurch is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th July 2011, 07:40 AM   #151
A'isha
Miss Schoolteacher
 
A'isha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 15,221
Originally Posted by NotJesus View Post
You're citing Jack Cashill again? Too funny. I guess this thread didn't teach you anything.
Yeah, Cashill is either a total liar, or someone who has no analytical capabilities whatsoever and will uncritically repeat anything told to him. The whole deal with the Obama photo that he thought was "photoshopped" because "experts" told him so was just laughable, and is emblematic of his utter lack of reliability and credibility.
A'isha is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th July 2011, 07:51 AM   #152
Upchurch
Papa Funkosophy
 
Upchurch's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: St. Louis, MO
Posts: 31,837
Originally Posted by ANTPogo View Post
...and is emblematic of his utter lack of reliability and credibility.
"Who's more foolish? The fool or the fool who follows him?"
Upchurch is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th July 2011, 09:04 AM   #153
Hans
Philosopher
 
Hans's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 7,972
Originally Posted by nvidiot View Post
So why is it bad that Clinton made money again?
Just because
Hans is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th July 2011, 09:16 AM   #154
Upchurch
Papa Funkosophy
 
Upchurch's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: St. Louis, MO
Posts: 31,837
Originally Posted by nvidiot View Post
So why is it bad that Clinton made money again?
Right there.
Upchurch is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th July 2011, 10:26 AM   #155
Cl1mh4224rd
Philosopher
 
Cl1mh4224rd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 9,778
Originally Posted by nvidiot View Post
So why is it bad that Clinton made money again?

Liberals aren't allowed to dream the American dream.
Cl1mh4224rd is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th July 2011, 10:57 AM   #156
BenBurch
Gatekeeper of The Left
 
BenBurch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: The Universe 35.2 ms ahead of this one.
Posts: 37,535
Originally Posted by Cl1mh4224rd View Post
Liberals aren't allowed to dream the American dream.
We're supposed to be the "servant class," after all.
__________________
For what doth it profit a man, to fix one bug, but crash the system?
BenBurch is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th July 2011, 11:17 AM   #157
BeAChooser
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 11,716
Originally Posted by NotJesus View Post
Originally Posted by NotJesus
Four of the five are opinions. No facts at all.
So NJ ...

Do you consider your opinion of equal significance/weight to that a highly experienced forensic pathologist who saw Ron Brown's wound and x-rays first hand?

Do you consider your opinion the equal of Miquel Rodriguez's, who Ken Starr selected to head his investigation of Vince Foster's death?

Because it sounds like you do.

And that would be rather presumptious, wouldn't it?
BeAChooser is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th July 2011, 11:57 AM   #158
NotJesus
Unsaviory
 
NotJesus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 6,629
Originally Posted by BeAChooser View Post
So NJ ...

Do you consider your opinion of equal significance/weight to that a highly experienced forensic pathologist who saw Ron Brown's wound and x-rays first hand?

Do you consider your opinion the equal of Miquel Rodriguez's, who Ken Starr selected to head his investigation of Vince Foster's death?

Because it sounds like you do.

And that would be rather presumptious, wouldn't it?
This is silly. I have no opinion whether the hole in Ron Brown's head looked like a bullet wound. I haven't seen any photos of his wound.

If it looked like a bullet wound, fine. Was it a bullet wound? No one has shown that it was. It may have been a hole that looked like a bullet wound but was caused by something else. And since we have plenty of evidence that he was in a plane crash and zero evidence that he was shot, it's reasonable to conclude that it was most likely not a bullet wound. Produce some credible evidence that he was shot and I may change my mind.

I know nothing about Miguel Rodriguez. Correction: I know how to spell his first name.
NotJesus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th July 2011, 12:12 PM   #159
Biscuit
Philosopher
 
Biscuit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 6,929
Originally Posted by BeAChooser View Post
who Ken Starr selected to head his investigation of Vince Foster's death?
Would this be the same investigation that concluded Vince Foster committed suicide? The third of such investigations to conclude Vince killed himself?

I know you got a lot to do but I have happily taken up your challenge of the Vince foster "suicide note" if you would just look up the page a bit.
__________________
“... there is no shame in not knowing. The problem arises when irrational thought and attendant behavior fill the vacuum left by ignorance.”
― Neil deGrasse Tyson
Biscuit is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th July 2011, 12:23 PM   #160
Biscuit
Philosopher
 
Biscuit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 6,929
Quote:
Col. William Gormley, the pathologist who actually did the Ron Brown autopsy, said, however, that it is more of an indentation than a hole and that if there had been a bullet, there would have been either an exit wound or a bullet found in the body, and there were not.
http://www.truthorfiction.com/rumors...tonfriends.htm
__________________
“... there is no shame in not knowing. The problem arises when irrational thought and attendant behavior fill the vacuum left by ignorance.”
― Neil deGrasse Tyson
Biscuit is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Reply

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:40 AM.
Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

This forum began as part of the James Randi Education Foundation (JREF). However, the forum now exists as
an independent entity with no affiliation with or endorsement by the JREF, including the section in reference to "JREF" topics.

Disclaimer: Messages posted in the Forum are solely the opinion of their authors.