ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 16th July 2009, 10:13 PM   #41
Minadin
Master Poster

I hope he didn't, but if he did, it's probably more closely related to mental imbalance than his beliefs in conspiracy theories - the conspiracy theories might just be another symptom.
Minadin is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th July 2009, 11:37 PM   #42
cyclonic
Muse

Originally Posted by CurtC View Post
Has anyone seen this?

According to the wikipedia article, Ace Baker killed himself last week.

I don't know whether it's true, but if so it's really sad.
He was using his youtube account yesterday.

http://www.youtube.com/user/CollinAlexander
cyclonic is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th July 2009, 02:29 AM   #43
Oliver
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by T.A.M. View Post
isn't faking your own death a crime?

If it isn't, I would love to see a class action law suit against him for emotional trauma, pain and suffering by all those witness to his ********** up "performance art". Fecking lunatic.

I don't know about the US, but over here he would "perform" in a padded cell for some weeks until the Doctors decide that he doesn't pose a real threat to himself and others.
Oliver is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th July 2009, 10:55 AM   #44
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

God, it reminds me of Eva Gabor's Character being discussed in "Gigi":

"She Commited Suicide?Again,So Soon!/How?"
"The Usual. Insufficent Poison".
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th July 2009, 11:23 AM   #45
Asaf92
New Blood

How come no one managed to win his 100,000$ challenge? :O
Asaf92 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th July 2009, 11:27 AM   #46
phunk
Illuminator

Well, someone should report the false modifications to the wiki page.
phunk is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th July 2009, 11:34 AM   #47
phunk
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Asaf92 View Post
I for one wouldn't give an original recording of the events of 9/11 to him, even for 100k. The historical value is too high to put it in the hands of some random idiot who's unlikely to pay up, and has none of the necessary experience to actually analyze it (and do so non-destructively).
phunk is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th July 2009, 01:22 PM   #48
StoneWT
Critical Thinker

Originally Posted by T.A.M. View Post
He is a CGI/NO Planer, so he is on the fringe of the fringe with Captain Bob and the CIT children. Not starting very well, even for a CTer.

TAM
Well, you have to work hard to pick a theory with less followers than the moon landing and Holocaust hoaxes.

I think he chose CGI/NP because it was virgin territory. By being a pioneer, he writes his name to the theory. It is a desire to be a leader.
StoneWT is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th July 2009, 01:33 PM   #49
alienentity
Illuminator

I just sent a message to Ace Baker thru his website asking him to respond to either me or on this thread.

Perhaps he can clarify...if he's still alive (which I hope is the case)
alienentity is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th July 2009, 01:50 PM   #50
fullflavormenthol
Master Poster

Well he never actually presented his "challenge" in any meaningful way that would reach beyond those who believe his theories. That and reading the challenge, it gives him so many outs as to say, "No, no; la la la! Listen to me I helped compose the music for an animated Barbie movie!", when faced with any evidence against him.
fullflavormenthol is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th July 2009, 01:52 PM   #51
fullflavormenthol
Master Poster

Originally Posted by alienentity View Post
I just sent a message to Ace Baker thru his website asking him to respond to either me or on this thread.

Perhaps he can clarify...if he's still alive (which I hope is the case)
He can't because he has been banned, although that hasn't stopped him before. In fact...he could be here right now!!!! [cue scary music]
fullflavormenthol is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th July 2009, 02:35 PM   #52
Galileo
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Gravy View Post
As his many posts here attest (as "truthseeker1234" he was banned long ago), Baker is mentally ill and desperate for attention. He worried Fetzer enough that Fetzer made an emergency call and sent the police to Baker's home. I wouldn't be surprised at all if some day he did kill himself. Reminds me of the truther in California who immolated himself: a call to action that went entirely unheeded. Most media outlets wisely decline to report such desperate insanity.
My favorite part of the interview was when Dr. Fetzer invoked my name, Galileo, in an attempt to save Ace Baker's life.
Galileo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th July 2009, 02:49 PM   #53
stateofgrace

Originally Posted by Galileo View Post
My favorite part of the interview was when Dr. Fetzer invoked my name, Galileo, in an attempt to save Ace Baker's life.
Yes I can imagine that this causes you much excitement during in the night.
stateofgrace is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th July 2009, 02:52 PM   #54
oldhat
Muse

Originally Posted by Galileo View Post
How did that work out?
Old 17th July 2009, 03:19 PM   #55
CptColumbo
Just One More Question

Maybe it wasn't a hoax. Maybe he's just a really, really bad shot.
The tools of conquest do not necessarily come with bombs and explosions and fallout. There are weapons that are simply thoughts, attitudes, prejudices to be only found in the minds of men. Prejudices and suspicion can destroy, and a thoughtless frightened search for a scapegoat has a fallout all its own.--Rod Serling
CptColumbo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th July 2009, 03:36 PM   #56
fullflavormenthol
Master Poster

Originally Posted by CptColumbo View Post
Maybe it wasn't a hoax. Maybe he's just a really, really bad shot.
Old 18th July 2009, 01:24 AM   #57
BenBurch
Gatekeeper of The Left

Because nobody believed he'd actually pay?
Old 18th July 2009, 01:25 AM   #58
BenBurch
Gatekeeper of The Left

Originally Posted by phunk View Post
Well, someone should report the false modifications to the wiki page.
Go change it yourself! Everybody has the privilege of doing that, you know.
Old 18th July 2009, 02:57 AM   #59
tsig
a carbon based life-form

Originally Posted by stateofgrace View Post
Yes I can imagine that this causes you much excitement during in the night.
He strokes it hard

He strokes it right

He strokes it through the entire night

And when it spews

It's gob of goo

He'll just say

You should of knew
tsig is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th July 2009, 01:19 PM   #60
Stellafane
Village Idiot.

Probably the same reason no one has ever won my gazillion-dollar challenge.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories