ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Social Issues & Current Events

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags arson incidents , Japan incidents

Old 19th July 2019, 09:51 PM   #1
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Arson at Japanese Anime Studio...33 dead...

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-49027178

Sad to say, I am not surprised. I have been seeing more and more really crazy behavior by fans,and thought osmething like this wold happen. But I was not expecting such a massive death toll.

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th July 2019, 12:32 PM   #2
Babbylonian
Penultimate Amazing

If I worked at a gas station and someone showed up with more than one container, I would subject them to some invasive questioning. If I owned a gas station, I would have a strict one-container, one-gallon limit.
Babbylonian is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th July 2019, 01:17 PM   #3
mgidm86
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Babbylonian View Post
If I worked at a gas station and someone showed up with more than one container, I would subject them to some invasive questioning. If I owned a gas station, I would have a strict one-container, one-gallon limit.

People can simply siphon gas out of their cars if they want the gas.

Someone coming in with a trailer full of dirt bikes may want to fill up their gas cans so they can refill their bikes over the weekend. You'd lose business - not that people ever go outside anymore

Background checks for petrol!
Old 20th July 2019, 02:29 PM   #4
Babbylonian
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by mgidm86 View Post
People can simply siphon gas out of their cars if they want the gas.
No ****, really? Can they also buy other accelerants elsewhere?

Quote:
Someone coming in with a trailer full of dirt bikes may want to fill up their gas cans so they can refill their bikes over the weekend. You'd lose business - not that people ever go outside anymore
Yeah, if someone has a trailer full of dirt bikes, the explanation for wanting multiple gas cans would be pretty obvious and an exception might be made.
Quote:
Background checks for petrol!
Hilarious! Especially in the context of this thread. Very well done.
Babbylonian is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th July 2019, 02:51 PM   #5
casebro
Penultimate Amazing

The BBC article up-thread had pics. One front door, a loading dock out back. Period.

Wat, no OSHA fire drills in Japan?
casebro is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th July 2019, 03:03 PM   #6
Babbylonian
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by casebro View Post
The BBC article up-thread had pics. One front door, a loading dock out back. Period.

Wat, no OSHA fire drills in Japan?
I don't know if a fire marshal would sign off on that building in an American city as being usable for a business without at least a fire escape. Given the size, it seems like there should be at least a couple more visible exits on the ground floor.
Old 20th July 2019, 04:10 PM   #7
kookbreaker
Evil Fokker

Previous thread: http://www.internationalskeptics.com...d.php?t=337635

Thanks for helping me win Best Toys in Philly Voter in 2011,2012, and 2014! We won' be discussing the disappointment that was 2013.
kookbreaker is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Social Issues & Current Events