ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags 911 Truth Action Project , ae911truth

Old 11th August 2017, 07:52 PM   #1
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

The 2017 anniversary of 9/11 - not happening in Trutherland

It's only a month till the next anniversary of the 9/11 tragedy rolls in. Of course we expect the millions that have woken up since last year to join the millions already awake in 2016 to join all the rallies, sit-ins, conferences, marches, prayers etc. that demand a new investigation, right?

Perhaps they kicked me off their mailing list, but I have not received a newsletter from AE911Truth since June.
Nor can I find any thrilling events organized by Gage and his minions on their webpage (last news entry: June also)
Nothing on Facebook.

I have not seen any event scheduled for September 11 on 911Blogger

And even the 911TAP event calendar is empty, except for a monthly conference call: https://www.911tap.org/9-11-tap-even...alendar/2017/9

What a mighty Movement this is!
Old 11th August 2017, 08:26 PM   #2
FFTR
Scholar

They have nothing new to present. If some are still contributing to the likes of AE911T, it is just money down the drain.

How long does it take an organization to retest dust samples? Evidently years.
FFTR is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th August 2017, 04:14 AM   #3
JSanderO
Master Poster

The question is will the movement officially in the towel and say we couldn't prove our case and so we must have erred? Or claim that there was so much irrational resistance to "the truth" that the struggle can't go anywhere.. and is effectively blocked and a wasted effort? Game over... or just go silent...?

I suspect the formal 9/11 truth movement will go silent with the sites remaining as a legacy. Fanatics will continue to try to keep the sinking ship afloat... but it will simply descend to the bottom of the ocean...
Old 12th August 2017, 05:56 AM   #4
Richard the G
Thinker

I think they are planning the big unveiling of the Hulsey study. I am sure there is still plenty of money in truth for it to continue for a few more years
Richard the G is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th August 2017, 07:28 AM   #5
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Richard the G View Post
I am sure there is still plenty of money in truth for it to continue for a few more years
I doubt that.

Gage may still have steady income. AE had their annual "membership" drive (i.e. a campaign to renew monthly payment plans) in spring, and it came with a promise that any pledge that came within a certain time window would be doubled by some mystery rich dude in the background!

(Oh, and I just read in that same newsletter that they will be "Unveiling our brand-new, cutting-edge website in September" and need some money for that!)

But elsewhere, donations come very slowly. For example, there is another AE spin-off, the Lawers' Committee for yadda yadda - they have a fund raiser out with which they want to raise an initial $7000, with a long-term goal of $800,000 - but is is stuck at just over $1000. Within the last 3 months, they raised only $75! And they (Mick Harrisson) admitted at a recent 9/11 Truth Teleconference that money isn't flowing in and they are for now paying expenses out of their own pockets.

There are also no numbers of supporters behind the TM any longer. Petitions fare worse and worse as time progresses. the 9/11 Truth Action Project just released a "Quarterly Progress Report" for Q2/2017 on their "911TAP Petition Project". In December 2016, they had stated publicly that they want to get at least 1 million signatures within 4 years, as an official target - but they indicatedt they privately hoped for as much as 4 million. But as a first step, they defined as their most important present target to reach 32,000 by the end of this year.
Well, half of that year had passed, and by the end of June, they had only 1,842 signatures - not even 6% of target. And signatures had been coming in slower in Q2 than in Q1. They were on track to catastrophically failing their most important current objective - but you read none of that in the progress report! No mention of any targets!

There is zero honesty in the TM. It's never been in such bad shape.
Old 12th August 2017, 05:54 PM   #6
JSanderO
Master Poster

When there is no traction or "progress" people will get disillusioned and lose whatever enthusiasm they might have had. People need to see some tangible results of progress toward a goal. For the truthers the progress would be the "authorities" and the MSM accepting the core ideas... things like: inside job, CD, no plane hit the pentagon...along with some of the specific claims... free fall, massive steel hurled 600 feet and so on.

I have not seen a single change in the authorities or MSM re 9/11. So some truthers want to know "why?_... is our argument(s) wrong? Are the arguments not read or heard? Is there a conspiracy to suppress it?

You'll read some excuses for the lack of progress... and the occasional celeb surfaces spouting truther beliefs... not that's about it. Hardcore truthers are not abandoning their beliefs...but their pitch is not working as expected. The reason being... it's not rigorous nor scientific... despite their claims to the contrary.
Old 14th August 2017, 01:02 PM   #7
Mark F
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by JSanderO View Post
I have not seen a single change in the authorities or MSM re 9/11. So some truthers want to know "why?_... is our argument(s) wrong?
I have not encountered any who entertain that thought in a very long time.
Old 20th August 2017, 02:08 AM   #8
Brainster
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Oystein View Post
I doubt that.

Gage may still have steady income. AE had their annual "membership" drive (i.e. a campaign to renew monthly payment plans) in spring, and it came with a promise that any pledge that came within a certain time window would be doubled by some mystery rich dude in the background!

(Oh, and I just read in that same newsletter that they will be "Unveiling our brand-new, cutting-edge website in September" and need some money for that!)

But elsewhere, donations come very slowly. For example, there is another AE spin-off, the Lawers' Committee for yadda yadda - they have a fund raiser out with which they want to raise an initial $7000, with a long-term goal of $800,000 - but is is stuck at just over $1000. Within the last 3 months, they raised only $75! And they (Mick Harrisson) admitted at a recent 9/11 Truth Teleconference that money isn't flowing in and they are for now paying expenses out of their own pockets.

There are also no numbers of supporters behind the TM any longer. Petitions fare worse and worse as time progresses. the 9/11 Truth Action Project just released a "Quarterly Progress Report" for Q2/2017 on their "911TAP Petition Project". In December 2016, they had stated publicly that they want to get at least 1 million signatures within 4 years, as an official target - but they indicatedt they privately hoped for as much as 4 million. But as a first step, they defined as their most important present target to reach 32,000 by the end of this year.
Well, half of that year had passed, and by the end of June, they had only 1,842 signatures - not even 6% of target. And signatures had been coming in slower in Q2 than in Q1. They were on track to catastrophically failing their most important current objective - but you read none of that in the progress report! No mention of any targets!

There is zero honesty in the TM. It's never been in such bad shape.
It's been pretty steadily dying since November 2008. They could no longer hold onto the fiction that a large percentage of the elected Democrats bought into their beliefs (but were just afraid of being executed by Bush/Cheney). I could see the declining numbers at 9-11 Blogger (before they hid their sitemeter), but I could also see them at SLC.

Gage did a pretty good job of pumping some air into the corpse to make it seem like it was still breathing for awhile, but has pretty much abandoned the facade. As you point out their events calendar, which should be a priority, hasn't been updated in a long time. Probably reflects what happens when you don't pay anybody.

Who's behind the Truth Action Project? It's it the old Victoria Ashley/Jim Hoffman gang? I do love that their project update notes that Milton, Massachusetts and Stuart, Florida are tied for the sixth most petitions signed with 11.
Brainster is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th August 2017, 05:56 AM   #9
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Brainster View Post
...As you point out their [AE911T's?] events calendar, which should be a priority, hasn't been updated in a long time. Probably reflects what happens when you don't pay anybody.
Oh I think Gage does pay a few people - without ever revealing it. The most useful sycophants.
Doesn't mean he is managing his organization well. He has pissed off too many fans and helpers over the time. Those he pays simple aren't the ones doing that work (like updating the events calendar).

...Who's behind the Truth Action Project? It's it the old Victoria Ashley/Jim Hoffman gang?
I don't think so. It's an AE911T spin-off
Wayne Coste (formerly an AE Board member) seems to be the founder, he brought along David Fura of the Oregon activism (OR has for many years "outperformed" all other states, AE-petition-wise), David Slesinger and the lawyer Bill Jacoby. The 2015 Form 990 listed the following as Board members:
Wayne Coste, Chair (30 hours/week)
Carl Seeger Henry, Vice-Chair (10 h/w)
William Jacoby, Secretary (25 h/w)
Gail Adams, Treasurer (2 h/w)
I know nothing else about the second and the fourth person there. None was reported to receive any pay (out of the $33K revenues that year).
A new guy on the Board this year is Christopher Gruener. I know nothing about other than his AE profile:
Titel: Licensed Mental Health Counselor
Degree: <none>
Bio: "Christopher Gruener MA LMHC is a licensed mental health counselor, working in private practice in Newton MA. Christopher offers phone based counseling work, without a fee, to 9/11 Truth Activists/Groups who are seeking to maximize their community organizing effectiveness. He can be reached at 617-965-6552"
Personal Statement: "May 9/11 Truth (and the mysterious collapses of WTC Buildings 1,2, and 7) be properly investigated and widely publicized and may this contribute to greater justice, liberty, prosperity and peace for people all around the world."
I do love that their project update notes that Milton, Massachusetts and Stuart, Florida are tied for the sixth most petitions signed with 11.
That's a hoot, isn't it?

In more than 10 years, AE911Truth collected under 25K signatures. 911TAP wanted to get to 32K within the first year.
Such disconnect from reality...
Old 20th August 2017, 03:08 PM   #10
JSanderO
Master Poster

Don't tell me Gage will have to get a real job?
Old 21st August 2017, 04:28 PM   #11
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

What is amusing is Alex Jones complete and total abandoning of 9/11 Truth. It does not sell well with his current clientele....

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st August 2017, 04:31 PM   #12
Loss Leader
Would Be Ringing (if a bell)

Wait a generation and then there'll be a huge resurgence like JFK and the lunatic idea that H.H. Holmes was Jack the Ripper.

L. Leader
Loss Leader is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd August 2017, 11:29 AM   #13
Horatius
NWO Kitty Wrangler

The question is will the movement officially in the towel and say we couldn't prove our case and so we must have erred? Or claim that there was so much irrational resistance to "the truth" that the struggle can't go anywhere.. and is effectively blocked and a wasted effort? Game over... or just go silent...?

I suspect the formal 9/11 truth movement will go silent with the sites remaining as a legacy. Fanatics will continue to try to keep the sinking ship afloat... but it will simply descend to the bottom of the ocean...

I predicted years ago that 9/11 Truth would eventually just become yet another part of the general background of the Conspiracy Theory worldview. You won't have conferences and protests centered around it, but you'll still get average CTists asking "You don't still believe 19 Muslims brought down WTC7?", the way we have them now asking, "You don't still believe that one guy shot JFK?"

They'll simply assume the truth of the CT claims, and vaguely assert that they were "proven" years ago.
Old 22nd August 2017, 10:08 PM   #14
benthamitemetric
Critical Thinker

Anyone want to try to peg the odds of how AE911Truth's next embarrassment will play out?

I'm guessing that the most likely scenario is that Hulsey/Gage/Szamboti(?) self-publish a PDF report under the sensational claim that they have proven fire could not bring down the building. In reality the report will just be a critique of the NIST report. The report will never be submitted to the journal of structural engineering as an actual rebuttal to the NIST report, however. In fact, they will likely never submit it to a serious and reputable refereed engineering journal, though they may find some vanity journal willing to publish it. They may or may not make the model data public, but, if they do, no one will care enough to even buy the software to evaluate it because it will be obvious that their entire premise is flawed. I highly doubt that the research assistants will let their names be attached to the final report.

Another reasonably plausible scenario is that they fail to publish anything. Time is already against them in August. Seems odd to wait until right before the holiday weekend to publish.

It'd be fun to be a fly on the wall as the geniuses at AE911Truth planned out this folly, in any event. Wonder if any serious people at UAF have gotten wind yet re how Hulsey has essentially wasted two years of his students' development on a vanity paper for a conspiracy theorist group...
benthamitemetric is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd August 2017, 04:08 AM   #15
JSanderO
Master Poster

If the Hulsey work demonstrates flaws in another study it doesn't necessarily undermine the report. It would depend on what the flaw is. After all the NIST work was not an attempt to explain exactly what happened, but more a report of what could have and likely did. Without moment to moment data about what was going on inside those buildings... ANY analysis involves assumptions. There are many possibilities and paths the unwinding of a structure can take in a complex system.

There are no proofs.
Old 23rd August 2017, 05:36 AM   #16
Dave Rogers
Bandaged ice that stampedes inexpensively through a scribbled morning waving necessary ankles

If the Hulsey work demonstrates flaws in another study it doesn't necessarily undermine the report.
I think that's the overwhelmingly likely outcome; Hulsey will turn up some fairly unimportant detail which the NIST report fails to explain to some unrealistic degree of accuracy, then deny the antecedent and claim that this disproves any possibility of the collapse not having involved explosives. The faithful will witter on about this for a while, completely fail to understand the fallacy involved, and eventually wander off with their beliefs bolstered by their faulty grasp of logic, after which the world will carry on unaffected.

Dave
Me: So what you're saying is that, if the load carrying ability of the lower structure is reduced to the point where it can no longer support the load above it, it will collapse without a jolt, right?

Tony Szamboti: That is right
Dave Rogers is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd August 2017, 02:36 PM   #17
LSSBB
Devilish Dictionarian

Originally Posted by Dave Rogers View Post
I think that's the overwhelmingly likely outcome; Hulsey will turn up some fairly unimportant detail which the NIST report fails to explain to some unrealistic degree of accuracy, then deny the antecedent and claim that this disproves any possibility of the collapse not having involved explosives. The faithful will witter on about this for a while, completely fail to understand the fallacy involved, and eventually wander off with their beliefs bolstered by their faulty grasp of logic, after which the world will carry on unaffected.

Dave
It only takes an inch, and the building won't collapse. Ask Tony.
Old 23rd August 2017, 05:51 PM   #18
Mark F
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Loss Leader View Post
Wait a generation and then there'll be a huge resurgence like JFK and the lunatic idea that H.H. Holmes was Jack the Ripper.
Depends on how much money there is to be made.
Old 24th August 2017, 12:17 AM   #19
Dave Rogers
Bandaged ice that stampedes inexpensively through a scribbled morning waving necessary ankles

Originally Posted by LSSBB View Post
It only takes an inch, and the building won't collapse. Ask Tony.
Yes, I was thinking of Tony when I wrote that.

Dave
Me: So what you're saying is that, if the load carrying ability of the lower structure is reduced to the point where it can no longer support the load above it, it will collapse without a jolt, right?

Dave Rogers is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th August 2017, 11:09 AM   #20
MileHighMadness
Muse

Originally Posted by Dave Rogers View Post
Yes, I was thinking of Tony when I wrote that.

Dave
Tony...god bless him...a true blue believer!
Old 24th August 2017, 04:47 PM   #21
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

Ah, I finally found a Truthy event almost (Sunday, September 10) on the Anniversary:

aka "First Annual 9/11 Activist Summit" hosted by Sibel Edmonds' "Newsbud"

It's a webinar, 150 minutes, and to dial in you have to puchase advance tickets - at a whopping US$ 180! ($145 for Newsbud members).

The Panel of "Truth Titans" consists of
  • Sibel Edmonds, "FBI whistleblower"
  • James Corbett of the "Corbett Report"
  • Cynthia McKinney, Former U.S. Congresswoman (GA) & 9/11 Twoofie
  • Wayne Madsen, Investigative Author
  • Daniel Estulin- Best-Selling Author that I never even heard of
Plus, they promise 2 "Star guests" One a "whistleblower" (I expect Kevin Ryan), and another from the "scholars community" (S. Jones? Fetzer??)

What kind of audience is willing to shell out 180 bucks for 150 minutes of the same old boring same old boring? I might pay this much for another Led Zeppelin reunion... but then again, not really.
Old 24th August 2017, 05:43 PM   #22
JSanderO
Master Poster

Sibel Edmonds has descended the rabbit hole... after finding some BS in the FBI. I don't whether she is well accepted these days among the other whistle blowers but she trades on that reputation. Only nuts will shell out that sort of money to for the same nonsense.
Old 24th August 2017, 10:46 PM   #23
BStrong
Penultimate Amazing

Truthers don't like to observe the anniversary of their failures.

"Dulce bellum inexpertīs." - Erasmus
BStrong is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th August 2017, 04:25 AM   #24
JSanderO
Master Poster

What has struck me as bizarre for now almost 15 years is the notion that the truth guys reject the notion of "opportunism" related to 9/11. They essentially believe that the event was staged to leverage all manner of advances by the MIC and the national security state. No one will deny what the RESPONSE to 9.11 was and that much of it was irrational and benefited corps and the military institutions and mindset. The odd thing is that truth people can't see nor except the notion that Western interventionism has given rise to terrorist responses from those who feel and arguably were harmed by US and their allies policies. The term blowback describes this and this is completely dismissed. We are therefore led to conclude that intervention, meddling, oppression, exploitation by the West should not and did not produce animosity toward the USA and it's allies. To explain an attack such as on the USS Cole... conspiracist simply see that as a false flag.... a US sponsored self inflicted wound as a raison d'etre for their miliary response. It is impossible for them to accept the the Cole attack could have been planned and carried out without USA/CIA support.

Militarist in the USA and the West accept the principle of self defense... but completely reject the notion of aggression and unprovoked military intervention. Terrorism is a tough one because terrorism is basically "mischief" not am attack by a state or an army as we have seen in history. Terror can come from state and non state actors. But oppression, exploitation is an institutional thing. ISIS oppress and exploit and declared themselves to be "a state"... sort of non state actors trying to be a state. They are managing to get support and interest from the "oppressed". Their memes and horrible record on human rights make them not a liberation movement from oppression as much as a movement of oppression.

I seriously doubt that the Western powers created ISIS for the purpose of a false flag response. But they EASILY can exploit ISIS as an opportunity to "do war". It should be noted that all the weapons that are used in the ME were manufactured in the West, Russia etc. So war mongers etc. seize the opportunity and they have the perfect excuses. Sure going back Western policies created this mess and their military solutions will guaranty that the mess with go on into the future. We have a self fulfilling prophesy her... cause and effect dialectic. You reap what you sow... War begets war. And millions and millions of innocent lives are destroyed.
Old 25th August 2017, 05:53 PM   #25
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

I seriously doubt that the Western powers created ISIS for the purpose of a false flag response. But they EASILY can exploit ISIS as an opportunity to "do war". It should be noted that all the weapons that are used in the ME were manufactured in the West, Russia etc. So war mongers etc. seize the opportunity and they have the perfect excuses. Sure going back Western policies created this mess and their military solutions will guaranty that the mess with go on into the future. We have a self fulfilling prophesy her... cause and effect dialectic. You reap what you sow... War begets war. And millions and millions of innocent lives are destroyed.
The concept isn't exactly new. Germany's greatest poet, Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, wrote a poem called "Der Zauberlehrling" in 1797 against a backdrop that included the French Revolution and all that ran off course in it. One of the best-known classical German poems still today. It features "The Sorcerer's Apprentice" (English title of the poem) who tries some magic at home when his master Sorcerer is away: Tired of fetching water the way mere mortals do, he attempts to enlist the assictance of spirits. But he doesn't master the art yet (couldn't remember the word to stop the spirits), and soon, things start going wrong - catastrophically wrong! The mess is captured in this line, which is a cliché in our language:
"Ach, da kommt der Meister!
Herr, die Not ist groß!
Die ich rief, die Geister
werd ich nun nicht los."
My translation:
"Woe, there come the Master!
Lord, distress is great!
Those I called, the spirits,
I can't get rid of anymore."
The second-to-last line, or rather a variation thereof, is a common dictum in the form: "The spirits that I called..." (with ellipse - imagine a silent sigh at the end).

This describes the notion of fallible men not being able to fully control the forces they unleash - in politics, in science, in criminal scheming, in trivial deceipt.
The current US administration shows clearly that there is no sure safeguard against amateurs and incompetents making it to positions of power, for example in foreign politics or military commands. Whenever a powerful country meddles with the world, things go wrong. "The spirits that we called..." include rebel groups in 1980s Afghanistan, 1990s Iraq, 2000s Kurdistan, 2010s Syria.

Except, in the real world, there exists no Master Sorcerer.
Old 8th September 2017, 08:52 AM   #26
MrRandomGuy
Student

I think the building that collapsed in Iran due to fire alone has woken a lot of the Truther sheeple up.

Of course AE9/11 Truth has tried to cover their ass by alleging controlled demolition.
MrRandomGuy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th September 2017, 02:53 PM   #27
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by MrRandomGuy View Post
I think the building that collapsed in Iran due to fire alone has woken a lot of the Truther sheeple up.

Of course AE9/11 Truth has tried to cover their ass by alleging controlled demolition.
And by never again mentioning the incident after the Iranian investigation found that fires, not explosives or incendiaries, were the cause of that collapse.

Rule #1: Under all circumstances, never let your fans and donors hear anything that's actually true!
Old 8th September 2017, 04:10 PM   #28
Mr.Herbert
Graduate Poster

It looks like Richard (Dick) Gage is spending 9/11 with Bob McIlvaine in Washington. They will be presenting the "Bobby McIlvaine World Trade Center Investigation Act".

The Bobby McIlvaine Act is draft legislation that would empanel a select committee in either chamber of Congress to reinvestigate the destruction of the three World Trade Center towers on September 11, 2001. The act is named after Mr. McIlvaine’s son Bobby, who was tragically killed at the age of 26 while entering the North Tower of the World Trade Center.

Space is limited. Please RSVP by emailing Congress@AE911Truth.org.

Who: Bob McIlvaine; Richard Gage, AIA; Peter Michael Ketcham; Architects & Engineers for 9/11 Truth

What: Announcement of the Bobby McIlvaine World Trade Center Investigation Act

When: 1 p.m. EDT, September 11, 2017

Where: National Press Club, 529 14th Street NW, 13th Floor, Washington, D.C.

Livestream: https://beta.AE911Truth.org/get-invo...-mcilvaine-act

https://www.press.org/events/bobby-m...estigation-act
http://bit.ly/McIlvaineAct

Last edited by Mr.Herbert; 8th September 2017 at 04:12 PM.
Mr.Herbert is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th September 2017, 04:19 PM   #29
DGM
Skeptic not Atheist

Originally Posted by Mr.Herbert View Post
It looks like....................
Nice to see you still lurking.

"How many leaves on the seventh branch of the fourth tree?" is meaningless when you are in the wrong forest: ozeco41
DGM is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th September 2017, 08:56 PM   #30
MicahJava
Master Poster

As a concerned citizen, I will try supporting the Bobby McIlvaine WTC Investigation Act as much as I can. As at least a couple of former 9/11 Commission members have said, their effort was a rushed "set up to fail and was a "first draft of history". To not support a series of new investigations would be crapping on the graves of 3,000 victims. And I don't blame people for wondering if the maliciousness went as far as blowing up the Towers! After all, we don't know who that mysterious engineer was who told the fire chiefs that WTC 7 would collapse "in about five or six hours".
MicahJava is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th September 2017, 10:43 PM   #31
beachnut
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by MicahJava View Post
As a concerned citizen, I will try supporting the Bobby McIlvaine WTC Investigation Act as much as I can. As at least a couple of former 9/11 Commission members have said, their effort was a rushed "set up to fail and was a "first draft of history". To not support a series of new investigations would be crapping on the graves of 3,000 victims. And I don't blame people for wondering if the maliciousness went as far as blowing up the Towers! After all, we don't know who that mysterious engineer was who told the fire chiefs that WTC 7 would collapse "in about five or six hours".
Spreading BS will not make fantasy come true. 16 years of complete failure, 9/11 truth.

19 terrorists did 9/11, they were fooled by UBL, like you are fooled by 9/11 truth liars.

You have BS, and mock the murder by 19 idiots for UBL.
beachnut is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th September 2017, 12:48 AM   #32
Dave Rogers

Nice post. It's one of the highest ratios I've ever seen for idiotic truther memes per word count. Keep this up and you'll have people thinking you're a 1970s AI program.

Dave

Old 9th September 2017, 01:48 AM   #33
Cosmic Yak
Graduate Poster

Location: Where there's never a road broader than the back of your hand.
Translation: "I reject the findings of the original government-inspired investigation, I want another government-inspired investigation, because now they'll tell the truth for sure."

@Dave Rogers: Agreed. It's comedy gold, isn't it!
Old 9th September 2017, 03:37 AM   #34
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

Bob McIlvaine is one confused, grieving father whose plight is being abused by AE because it provides the sort of tangible emotions that so get gullible donors to fling more money at them. Mrs. McIlvaine for years has disapproved of the circus, the couple is estranged.

The only one ******** on a victim's grave is Richard Gage.

Sent from mobile phone through Tapatalk
Old 9th September 2017, 06:28 AM   #35
LSSBB
Devilish Dictionarian

I think there should be a contest for quotes most wrongly interpreted out of context.

"Set up to fail" would be a strong contender.
Old 9th September 2017, 07:25 AM   #36
Cosmic Yak
Graduate Poster

I think there should be a contest for quotes most wrongly interpreted out of context.

True, but it wouldn't beat "pull it".
Old 9th September 2017, 10:38 AM   #37
MicahJava
Master Poster

Nope, not out of context. It just sucked that hard. You know it's bad when even the commissioners say the 9/11 Commission was BS.

http://georgewashington.blogspot.com/2007/12/they-dont-believe-it-why-do-you.html?m=1
MicahJava is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th September 2017, 11:12 AM   #38
Cosmic Yak
Graduate Poster

Why should anybody put their entire trust in any new 9/11 or WTC disaste rinvestigation if one were to take place? I'm not saying I should. The House Select Committee on Assassinations re-investigated the JFK assassination in the late 70's, and their single-assassin scinareos are full of the stupidest crankery ever.
Am I alone in seeing the complete contradiction between these two posts?

MicahJava, what would be the point in calling for a new investigation if you (and presumaby all those tens of other truthers out there) aren't going to accept the conclusions of that investigation? Would this be anything other than a complete waste of time and money, especially given that it is only truthers who want such an investigation in the first place?
Old 9th September 2017, 11:14 AM   #39
Cosmic Yak
Graduate Poster

Nope, not out of context. It just sucked that hard. You know it's bad when even the commissioners say the 9/11 Commission was BS.

http://georgewashington.blogspot.com/2007/12/they-dont-believe-it-why-do-you.html?m=1
Are you aware that your link does not contain the context of that quote?
Old 9th September 2017, 11:33 AM   #40
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing

Cool story:

"What we could not have anticipated were the remarkable people and circumstances that would coalesce within and around the 9/11 Commission over the coming twenty months to enable our success."

actual source

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories