ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 16th October 2016, 04:49 PM   #361
JayUtah
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by esspee View Post
=Does this video look legit?
Yes.
JayUtah is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th October 2016, 04:51 PM   #362
JayUtah
Penultimate Amazing

You have mocked me in almost every post you have made.
Not at all. I and others have critically evaluated your claims and identified their flaws. Criticism is not the same as mockery.

Quote:
Have I mocked you?
Yes.
JayUtah is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th October 2016, 06:18 PM   #363
smartcooky
Philosopher

There are not thousands of witnesses. You can not prove that. I have yet to find ONE confirmed witness nit involved with jetsking or flyboarding.. Yet you have many thousands of witnesses that you believe exist.
I have seen this thing fly on mainstream television, with hundreds witnesses watching, during NZ Sky TV coverage of the 2016 Monaco Formula 1 Grand Prix weekend. It was part of their "colour" coverage of everything else going on during the GP weekend.

Look at the 'video' of the Barcelona flight. Look at all of the people within that video videoing from within the buildings. Or at least taking photos. You can see them. That is the only flight where there simply would have to be lots of witnesses if real.
So, you acknowledge that there were witnesses

Where is their footage?
Maybe they chose not to upload it to a video hosting site. Of all the video taken all over the world, only a tiny, tiny proportion is ever uploaded....minuscule fractions of 1%.

I have hundreds of hours of video of various things NONE of it is hosted anywhere on the www.

Why was in not covered by local news?
Why should it be? Coverage in local news is not a requirement to prove that something is real. There are literally MILLIONS of things that happen world wide that never appear in any news broadcasts.

Why come to the USA with a prototype and do just two flights, and both at a lake in the middle of nowhere. Why not somewhere populated and busy, why not a tour, why no coverage? Why not at least invite the press?

I was told here or on youtube that many thousands had witnessed the flight in Florida. I have not seen thousands in any of the videos i saw. I have been told by people that they saw it. None of them respond when asked for details. None have photo or video themselves. Even the ones that say they do - they refuse to share them with me, or provide a link to them.

This flight in florida - the press were not invited. Why?
The only TV mention was on fox4 and the footage used was supplied to them one day after the event by Zapata Racing team, and this is according to fox4 themselves.
The requirement that something MUST be in mainsteam news or it does not exist is only part of your distorted, personal worldview, not everyone else's, and certainly not mine. I don't need everything proved to me to the nth degree.

For example, I have never seen a segway, much less ridden on one, I have only ever seem them on TV, therefore, by your reasoning, they must be fake!

Speaking of the many thousands of witnesses. Here is a video that two of 3 only self confirmed witnesses has taken so far.

https://www.facebook.com/flycaptain/...0397287567453/

Does it look legit to you?
Looks absolutely fine to me. I see no indication whatsoever that this video might have been faked in any way
smartcooky is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th October 2016, 05:42 AM   #364
esspee
black goo

SOme nice close ups of the device in this video.

ALso clears up the mystery of why they removed the mesh screen from the device - as now each engine has its own individual screen

No new flying in this video - just close ups and interview. No subtitles yet

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S671g2Ozd4Y
esspee is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th October 2016, 09:30 AM   #365
JayUtah
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by smartcooky View Post
Why should it be?
Indeed, this is just more of esspee's nonsense. The "evidence" that it's fake is simply a laundry list of arbitrary conditions that he insists must be met if this is a real demonstration flight followed by a declaration that, according to his search, they were not met.

As is typical for conspiracy theorists these days, the claim of "missing information" (which is an argument from silence anyway) is made solely on the basis of the failure of a cursory web search to uncover the allegedly crucial information, which must itself be published online in certain ways to satisfy the purported conditions of authenticity. The combination of an illogical framework and research that is insubstantial both in breadth and depth proposes a subtle shift in the burden of proof. The claimant purports that insinuations of coverup are all that is necessary to compel others to conduct contrary research, accept the burden of proof, and agree to an inappropriate standard of proof.

If the goal is to determine whether the Flyboard Air is real, a certain due diligence is required from those who claim, upon allegations of paucity of evidence that it is real, that it is false. The breadth and depth of research previously conducted is a necessary premise to the argument that a customary standard of proof of authenticity has not been met.
Old 17th October 2016, 11:07 AM   #366
smartcooky
Philosopher

SOme nice close ups of the device in this video.

ALso clears up the mystery of why they removed the mesh screen from the device - as now each engine has its own individual screen

This programme, "Riding Zone", is produced and broadcast by "France Ô", a French public television network featuring programming from the French overseas departments and collectivities in Metropolitan France. It is part of the France Télévisions group.

That's mainstream media, esspee, with is own reporters and writers, and not ZR Press releases.

We are expecting you to now admit that you have been wrong, but what we will of course be getting is another dodge, or another handwave, or for you to claim they are in on it, or for you to drag out of thin air, yet another layer of proof that you will require.

Last edited by smartcooky; 17th October 2016 at 11:08 AM.
smartcooky is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th October 2016, 11:10 AM   #367
JayUtah
Penultimate Amazing

We are expecting you to now admit that you have been wrong, but what we will of course be getting is...
...possibly among the things you mentioned, also another insistence that he's really not trying to prove anything. You can't be wrong if you weren't trying to be right, you know.
Old 17th October 2016, 01:46 PM   #368
JimOfAllTrades
Critical Thinker

We are expecting you to now admit that you have been wrong, but what we will of course be getting is another dodge, or another handwave, or for you to claim they are in on it, or for you to drag out of thin air, yet another layer of proof that you will require.
I’m betting the following highlighted phrase will be his excuse.

He’ll claim the TV network never actually saw it fly, and just accepted the video they were given without any verification.
JimOfAllTrades is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th October 2016, 03:42 PM   #369
esspee
black goo

This programme, "Riding Zone", is produced and broadcast by "France Ô", a French public television network featuring programming from the French overseas departments and collectivities in Metropolitan France. It is part of the France Télévisions group.

That's mainstream media, esspee, with is own reporters and writers, and not ZR Press releases.

They did not film him fly.
He did not do a demo flight for them.

The footage they used was the stuff from the viral videos.
esspee is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th October 2016, 03:45 PM   #370
esspee
black goo

Originally Posted by JimOfAllTrades View Post
I’m betting the following highlighted phrase will be his excuse.

He’ll claim the TV network never actually saw it fly, and just accepted the video they were given without any verification.
correct.

They filmed no flying.

They simply used the footage already seen, all from the viral videos.
I know this because I have watched all of the videos many times, especially the viral ones.

How exactly could they verify anything about that footage? No one here can.

So...why did Franky not do a quick flight for them?
Or invite them to one of his regular test flights?

Them not filming it flying is of course no proof of a hoax. But then you must admit, filming him in his workshop is no proof that it is real either.

Last edited by esspee; 17th October 2016 at 03:49 PM.
Old 17th October 2016, 03:50 PM   #371
JayUtah
Penultimate Amazing

Them not filming it is of course no proof of a hoax. But then you must admit, filming him in his workshop is no proof that it is real either.
As I said, conspiracy theorists never seem to figure out how evidence actually works.
Old 17th October 2016, 03:51 PM   #372
JayUtah
Penultimate Amazing

I have watched all of the videos many times, especially the viral ones.
Have you done anything to ascertain your claims of hoax that goes beyond what you can accomplish by sitting at a computer?
Old 17th October 2016, 07:26 PM   #373
EHocking
Philosopher

Originally Posted by JayUtah View Post
Have you done anything to ascertain your claims of hoax that goes beyond what you can accomplish by sitting at a computer?
Esspee won't even do what can be accomplished merely by sitting at a computer.

I even gave esspee the direct email to the FAA official quoted in the FOX4 News piece regarding permission to demonstrate the thing in the US.

Unsurprisingly rather than check with the FAA, esspee merely continued to speculate on their position on experimental "aircraft".

Esspee then asserted that because Zapata didn't apply for permission from the FAA to do a demonstration the (witnessed and recorded) demonstration was therefore a hoax.
"It's all god's handiwork, there's little quality control applied", Fox26 reporter on Texas granite
Forum Birdwatching Webpage
EHocking is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th October 2016, 08:40 PM   #374
smartcooky
Philosopher

Ah, yes. The expected dodge!!

correct.

They filmed no flying.
They didn't need to. Why would they? They have nothing to prove!

They simply used the footage already seen, all from the viral videos.
I know this because I have watched all of the videos many times, especially the viral ones.

How exactly could they verify anything about that footage? No one here can.
Assuming that the footage provided would be much higher definition than Youtube videos, e.g. 1080p or 1080i then broadcast Digital Media Techs could have gone over the footage they were given. One DMT who I know at NZ SkyTV tells me that even the best live-action + CGI video effects can still be detected by a skilled DMT using a frame-by-frame analysis and the necessary software and equipment.

So...why did Franky not do a quick flight for them?
Or invite them to one of his regular test flights?
Why would he need to? He has supplied footage! Franky is not trying to disprove a hoax, nor are France Ô.

You are the only one wearing a tin-foil hat!!

Them not filming it flying is of course no proof of a hoax. But then you must admit, filming him in his workshop is no proof that it is real either.
Again why would they need to.? They are not conspiracy nuts, so they don't need to have the authenticity of video footage proved to them for a magazine programme....only you need that!
Old 18th October 2016, 11:34 AM   #375
RussDill
Philosopher

BTW, I noticed that two of the videos on YT are from a fairly high profile local videographer, https://www.facebook.com/gchristophe...00156193366059

I still don't see anyway someone can deny that these events occurred, and were attended by large crowds. The only thing that anyone from those large crowds has done are to post, wow, it was awesome, post photos, or post videos. Does Franky have some deal with a shadow organization to take down all the other posts that say, I was there, it didn't happen. Did people get paid off, did their families get threatened if they spoke out?
And lines to code before I sleep

Last edited by RussDill; 18th October 2016 at 11:36 AM.
RussDill is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th October 2016, 12:19 PM   #376
JayUtah
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by RussDill View Post
BTW, I noticed that two of the videos on YT are from a fairly high profile local videographer...
This is salient because high-profile agents are less likely to risk their reputations by becoming embroiled in a hoax or scandal. Which is to say, they may themselves be duped from time to time, but they are less likely to collude with someone to pass off false claims as true.
Old 18th October 2016, 12:24 PM   #377
jimbob
Uncritical "thinker"

This is salient because high-profile agents are less likely to risk their reputations by becoming embroiled in a hoax or scandal. Which is to say, they may themselves be duped from time to time, but they are less likely to collude with someone to pass off false claims as true.
True, but given the dismissal of Guinness World Records as impartial witnesses I doubt it will wash.

It would be like suddenly being convinced of a news story because the Buxton Advertiser carried it, after dismissing coverage by the BBC and CNN.
link is 2015 data (2013 Data below):
UK 8.5% of GDP of which 83.3% is public expenditure - 7.1% of GDP is public spending
US 16.4% of GDP of which 48.2% is public expenditure - 7.9% of GDP is public spending
jimbob is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th October 2016, 02:47 PM   #378
esspee
black goo

Originally Posted by jimbob View Post
True, but given the dismissal of Guinness World Records as impartial witnesses I doubt it will wash.

It would be like suddenly being convinced of a news story because the Buxton Advertiser carried it, after dismissing coverage by the BBC and CNN.
GuinnessWR are hardly a trustworthy authority on records.

Check the clip below from 0:50 - 1:14
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JxnaMpaDz0

It is an official Guinness video - and they state, (or rather admit) that they did not witness an event yet gave out a record anyway - and that record was for furthest hoverboard flight.
Their story not mine.

note the language used " (we) were astounded to receive video evidence from a claimant in Canada, who appeared to have built his very own hoverboard"

They never verified it. Does that sound very professional?

There is more strangeness about the Duru record, but I will save it for now.
Old 18th October 2016, 02:52 PM   #379
Nay_Sayer
I say nay!

It is an official Guinness video - and they state, (or rather admit) that they did not witness an event yet gave out a record anyway - and that record was for furthest hoverboard flight.
Their story not mine.

note the language used " (we) were astounded to receive video evidence from a claimant in Canada, who appeared to have built his very own hoverboard"

Would it have mattered if they did? They could of had a video of them personally handing him the award and then rode the board themselves and you'd still cry foul.

And no nothing they say sounds strange unless you want it to.
----------------------------------------------
“That which can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.” -Christopher Hitchens-
Nay_Sayer is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th October 2016, 02:55 PM   #380
The Greater Fool
Illuminator

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, USA, North America, Earth, Sol, Milky Way

Their story not mine.

"Claimant." Would you kindly link to the world record he was granted based solely on the video? Thanks ever so.
Old 18th October 2016, 03:00 PM   #381
esspee
black goo

Originally Posted by Nay_Sayer View Post
Would it have mattered if they did? They could of had a video of them personally handing him the award and then rode the board themselves and you'd still cry foul.

And no nothing they say sounds strange unless you want it to.
Awarding a record to someone based on a video is strange in my book.
Old 18th October 2016, 03:04 PM   #382
esspee
black goo

Originally Posted by The Greater Fool View Post
"Claimant." Would you kindly link to the world record he was granted based solely on the video? Thanks ever so.
here is the record title - http://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/...-set-by-379420

Its the record title that Zapata ' broke'.
Old 18th October 2016, 03:11 PM   #383
EHocking
Philosopher

Check the link.

http://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/news/2015/5/video-watch-incredible-footage-of-farthest-flight-by-a-hoverboard-record-set-by-379420

And the Zapata link

http://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/world-records/116249-farthest-flight-by-hoverboard

See the difference?
One was a news article on a claim, Zapata's is a record.
"It's all god's handiwork, there's little quality control applied", Fox26 reporter on Texas granite
EHocking is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th October 2016, 03:36 PM   #384
JayUtah
Penultimate Amazing

Have you ever participated in an attempt to set a world record that is to be verified by Guinness? Can you speak with any personal experience with what they do to verify it? Can you give any actual examples of world records authorized by Guinness that turned out to be wrong, inaccurate, or fabricated?
Old 18th October 2016, 04:00 PM   #385
esspee
black goo

Originally Posted by EHocking View Post
Check the link.

http://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/news/2015/5/video-watch-incredible-footage-of-farthest-flight-by-a-hoverboard-record-set-by-379420

And the Zapata link

http://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/world-records/116249-farthest-flight-by-hoverboard

See the difference?
During the presentation of the record to Zapata - The lady from Guinness clearly stated Alex Durus previous 'record' as the distance to beat.

From the youtube video - "FLYBOARD AIR - GUINNESS WORLD RECORD" watch 3:20 onwards for the quote - which is...

"The record to beat was 275.9 meters. Which means Franky Zapata has achieved a brand new GWR title"
Old 18th October 2016, 04:06 PM   #386
esspee
black goo

Check the link.

And the Zapata link

See the difference?
In case you still unsure - from their own website (GWR) and the article.

"Straight from something out of the future, Canadian inventor Catalin Alexandru Duru's propeller-based hoverboard managed to travel a total distance of 275.9 m (905 ft 2 in) to achieve a new Guinness World Records title for Farthest flight by a hoverboard."

Or just watch the video released by Guinness on their website where theye clearly state he achieved a record 'title'.

Last edited by esspee; 18th October 2016 at 04:09 PM.
Old 18th October 2016, 04:10 PM   #387
smartcooky
Philosopher

Check the link.

And the Zapata link

See the difference?
esspee's unique form of cognitive dissonance will not allow him to recognize, let alone understand the difference.

Such is the depth to which esspee has fallen down the conspiracy theorist rabbit hole of unreason, that I suspect that if Franky were to take him for a ride on Flyboard Air, he would still claim it was somehow faked

Last edited by smartcooky; 18th October 2016 at 04:18 PM.
Old 18th October 2016, 04:16 PM   #388
The Greater Fool
Illuminator

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, USA, North America, Earth, Sol, Milky Way

"Straight from something out of the future, Canadian inventor Catalin Alexandru Duru's propeller-based hoverboard managed to travel a total distance of 275.9 m (905 ft 2 in) to achieve a new Guinness World Records title for Farthest flight by a hoverboard."

Or just watch the video released by Guinness on their website where theye clearly state he achieved a record 'title'.
I've watched.

The first "became aware" date mentioned was 2014. The announcement was 2015 (may). I think you are conflating the two events. There were more than one video, the first when Guinness became aware, another in May 2015 when the record was awarded (containing further description that it ended in a watery end to the flight.
Old 18th October 2016, 04:20 PM   #389
esspee
black goo

esspee's unique form of cognitive dissonance will not allow him to recognize, let alone understand the difference.

Such is the depth to which esspee has fallen down the conspiracy theorist rabbit hole of unreason, that I suspect that if Franky were to take esspee for a ride on Flyboard Air, he would still claim it was somehow faked

This is one of three times that i found just by a quick look where Guinness themselves have stated it as a record.

Where is my dissonance?

if an organization that awards 'record titles' claims they have awarded a record title at least three times, all officially either either via a rep, or published on their own website then i think it is fair game to say that they are claiming it as fact.

I do not think this is wrongthink
Old 18th October 2016, 04:22 PM   #390
esspee
black goo

Originally Posted by The Greater Fool View Post
I've watched.

The first "became aware" date mentioned was 2014. The announcement was 2015 (may). I think you are conflating the two events. There were more than one video, the first when Guinness became aware, another in May 2015 when the record was awarded (containing further description that it ended in a watery end to the flight.
this is a fair point.

Thankyou for being observant and also polite.

I missed that possibility.

You are correct. That can not be ruled out.
Old 18th October 2016, 04:24 PM   #391
JayUtah
Penultimate Amazing

You are correct. That can not be ruled out.
You asserted that the Guinness World Record organization is not a trustworthy authority for the verification of world records. I have asked you a set of questions determined to discover how you may have arrived at that your judgment. Why have you avoided answering them? Do you still stand by the assertion?
Old 18th October 2016, 04:29 PM   #392
smartcooky
Philosopher

You asserted that the Guinness World Record organization is not a trustworthy authority for the verification of world records. I have asked you a set of questions determined to discover how you may have arrived at that your judgment. Why have you avoided answering them? Do you still stand by the assertion?
You ask questions and request explanations Jay, but all you will get is dodges and hand-waves!
Old 18th October 2016, 04:35 PM   #393
esspee
black goo

As i have said before - they are now a marketing company.

The records that are their bread and butter are vehicles for brand awareness campaigns and guerilla marketing.

Call me old fashioned, but i don't trust marketing companies.

I already made a video specifically trying to communicate my opinion of GWR, but it kind of failed to really communicate what i meant.

I think i got too caught up on the dog cruelty part.

Probably should have skipped that TBH- and made the video less than 2 minutes.
Its a bit of a mess.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQP7bwps4Qg

Last edited by esspee; 18th October 2016 at 04:36 PM.
Old 18th October 2016, 04:56 PM   #394
RussDill
Philosopher

The video does not indicate what methods they used to verify the video's authenticity, speaking to witnesses, talking to technical experts, etc. Whatever methods they used, they were correct. At the bottom of their page, they include coverage from CBC News where a CBC news team personally views a demo of the craft. GWR says the video is legit, and lo and behold, the video is legit. Score one for GWR.

The dog thing, did you actually think the squeaking sound is the dogs? That's quite clearly (to me at least) foley work, an attempt at adding the squeaky bearing noise that bikes sometimes make.
And lines to code before I sleep
RussDill is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th October 2016, 05:03 PM   #395
JayUtah
Penultimate Amazing

You didn't answer a single one of my questions. Please try again.
Old 18th October 2016, 05:05 PM   #396
esspee
black goo

Originally Posted by RussDill View Post
The video does not indicate what methods they used to verify the video's authenticity, speaking to witnesses, talking to technical experts, etc. Whatever methods they used, they were correct. At the bottom of their page, they include coverage from CBC News where a CBC news team personally views a demo of the craft. GWR says the video is legit, and lo and behold, the video is legit. Score one for GWR.

The dog thing, did you actually think the squeaking sound is the dogs? That's quite clearly (to me at least) foley work, an attempt at adding the squeaky bearing noise that bikes sometimes make.
Could be.

The thought crossed my mind too that it was sound effects for the bikes.

Do you think the dogs enjoyed riding the bikes?

Like i said - i kind of messed up with that video. Particularly the dog thing. I admit it.
Old 18th October 2016, 05:09 PM   #397
smartcooky
Philosopher

Dodging the questions you have been asked

The records that are their bread and butter are vehicles for brand awareness campaigns and guerilla marketing.
More dodging

Call me old fashioned, but i don't trust marketing companies.
Still dodging

I already made a video specifically trying to communicate my opinion of GWR, but it kind of failed to really communicate what i meant.
And, you guessed it, still dodging

I think i got too caught up on the dog cruelty part.
Sidetracking with irrelevancies

Probably should have skipped that TBH- and made the video less than 2 minutes.
Its a bit of a mess.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQP7bwps4Qg
Are you ever going to do anything other that dodging the questions you have been asked?

Let me remind you what Jay asked you in case you missed or forgot them

1. Have you ever participated in an attempt to set a world record that is to be verified by Guinness? (it is a YES or NO answer, so no drivel please)

2. Can you speak with any personal experience with what they do to verify it?

3. Can you give any actual examples of world records authorized by Guinness that turned out to be wrong, inaccurate, or fabricated?

Last edited by smartcooky; 18th October 2016 at 05:13 PM.
Old 18th October 2016, 05:51 PM   #398
JayUtah
Penultimate Amazing

Dodging the questions you have been asked...
Yep, same pattern as before. First, pretend the question wasn't asked. Second, spew a lot of words that make it seem like you're addressing the question without ever answering it. That means it's just about time for the, "I don't need to have any experience with Guinness to know that they're untrustworthy," blah blah.
Old 18th October 2016, 07:43 PM   #399
EHocking
Philosopher

Or you could check out the "Guide to Evidence" PDF from their website and then you would know who Guinness will accept to witness record attempts on their behalf.
They do not need to attend a record attempt as long as it is correctly documented and witnessed.

In Duru's case, one of the approved witnesses and documenters appears to have been Canadian Broadcasting Corporation - CBC News.
Or are Canadian Broadcasting Corporation also in on the conspiracy?

This was/is also the case with JREF's Million Dollar Challenge.
Cost burden is the claimant's, non-JREF employee can be witness.

So, still no sinister or untoward being presented here to evidence foul-play or hoaxing.

Last edited by EHocking; 18th October 2016 at 07:45 PM.
Old 18th October 2016, 08:39 PM   #400
smartcooky
Philosopher

Or you could check out the "Guide to Evidence" PDF from their website and then you would know who Guinness will accept to witness record attempts on their behalf.
They do not need to attend a record attempt as long as it is correctly documented and witnessed.

In Duru's case, one of the approved witnesses and documenters appears to have been Canadian Broadcasting Corporation - CBC News.
Or are Canadian Broadcasting Corporation also in on the conspiracy?

This was/is also the case with JREF's Million Dollar Challenge.
Cost burden is the claimant's, non-JREF employee can be witness.

So, still no sinister or untoward being presented here to evidence foul-play or hoaxing.

Now that, esspee is what is known as a....

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories