ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Religion and Philosophy

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags atheism , atheists , immorality , morality

Old 10th August 2017, 06:58 AM   #201
Dr. Keith
Not a doctor.

Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
It is fine, you are enamored with your incredibly, deeply flawed analogy.
It is not so much that I am enamored with the analogy. Heck, I even said it was just an angle, not the whole thing. You know, like an aspect. I could see myself being offended that someone would associate evil with the church of my childhood. Reflexively, at least. We all have such tribal biases, that the authors found them while looking for them is no real surprise, so I thought it interesting to look at the reasons why. Look at it from different angles. But then . . .

What I am hooked by are your responses that seem to not even be based on the posts you are responding to. That I find alluring. Reading your questions as if the answers were not provided. I find such posts intriguing.

Thank you for participating. At least until Logger gets back from vacation.

Suffering is not a punishment not a fruit of sin, it is a gift of God.
He allows us to share in His suffering and to make up for the sins of the world. -Mother Teresa
Dr. Keith is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th August 2017, 07:02 AM   #202
Dave Rogers
Bandaged ice that stampedes inexpensively through a scribbled morning waving necessary ankles

I have already explained that it was not a logic test.
Only after you'd had that explained to you; initially you rejected the fundamental theme of the paper, that it was a study of prejudice rather than reasoned belief, and you've now backed away from that position because you've realized it was untenable. But at least you've made some progress.

Further, now we are taking the next step, why do people have that belief? Id it because it is true? Is it because we instinctively recognize the superiority of the religious faith in the development of society?

Other reasons?
Centuries of indoctrination by religions which start by claiming that anyone following any other religion is inherently evil, then move on to claiming that anyone following no religion at all is the most evil of them all. It's simple marketing; it's important to make the claim that your product is the best on the market, because rival products can take away your market share, but people who point out the worthlessness of all the products on the market are the most dangerous of all because they can destroy the entire market.

At this point you should poison the well by branding the above a conspiracy theory, even though it's actually no more than a set of extremely powerful organisations simply pursuing their best interests quite openly.

Dave
Me: So what you're saying is that, if the load carrying ability of the lower structure is reduced to the point where it can no longer support the load above it, it will collapse without a jolt, right?

Tony Szamboti: That is right

Last edited by Dave Rogers; 10th August 2017 at 07:06 AM.
Dave Rogers is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th August 2017, 07:38 AM   #203
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Dave Rogers View Post
Only after you'd had that explained to you; initially you rejected the fundamental theme of the paper, that it was a study of prejudice rather than reasoned belief, and you've now backed away from that position because you've realized it was untenable. But at least you've made some progress.

Centuries of indoctrination by religions which start by claiming that anyone following any other religion is inherently evil, then move on to claiming that anyone following no religion at all is the most evil of them all. It's simple marketing; it's important to make the claim that your product is the best on the market, because rival products can take away your market share, but people who point out the worthlessness of all the products on the market are the most dangerous of all because they can destroy the entire market.

At this point you should poison the well by branding the above a conspiracy theory, even though it's actually no more than a set of extremely powerful organisations simply pursuing their best interests quite openly.

Dave
Did you really just take a deep dive back into "centuries of indoctrination" despite the fact that atheists in secular countries believe it as well.

No conspiracy at all. Just basic social evolution and the superiority of religious faith in connection there with.

As I have explained already. Do keep up.
With malice toward none, with charity for all, with firmness in the right as God gives us to see the right, let us strive on to finish the work we are in, to bind up the nation's wounds, to care for him who shall have borne the battle and for his widow and his orphan, to do all which may achieve and cherish a just and lasting peace among ourselves and with all nations
The Big Dog is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th August 2017, 07:53 AM   #204
Dave Rogers
Bandaged ice that stampedes inexpensively through a scribbled morning waving necessary ankles

Did you really just take a deep dive back into "centuries of indoctrination" despite the fact that atheists in secular countries believe it as well.
Yes, because (a) most atheists have been affected by some kind of religious indoctrination even in secular countries and (b) long-lasting social attitudes don't vanish overnight even when we want them to because they're counterproductive.

No conspiracy at all. Just basic social evolution and the superiority of religious faith in connection there with.
If religious faith is obviously superior and is therefore favoured due to basic social evolution, why are atheists and secular countries becoming more numerous?

Dave
Me: So what you're saying is that, if the load carrying ability of the lower structure is reduced to the point where it can no longer support the load above it, it will collapse without a jolt, right?

Dave Rogers is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th August 2017, 07:57 AM   #205
Jack by the hedge
Safely Ignored

I have already explained that it was not a logic test.
Yet the question was posed in exactly the same format as the example of the Conjunction Fallacy which aleCcowaN linked to, which indicates the testers familiarity with that logical fallacy and that they recognised their comparison was between two sets of fallacious answers.
Quote:
Further, now we are taking the next step, why do people have that belief? Id it because it is true?
Exactly which of the several beliefs mentioned do you mean? Are you asking why people have religious belief, or why people think the threat of punishment is a deterrent, or why people think other people who are religious expect to be judged on their actions?

If it's the first of those then with so many different religions in the history of the world it can hardly be the case that people believed in each of them 'because it's true'.

Quote:
Is it because we instinctively recognize the superiority of the religious faith in the development of society?
No I don't think humans instinctively do that, and they wouldn't need to do it to evolve a tendency to invent religions. It would only require some benefit to accrue to a band of humans from a shared supernatural belief system for that tendency to be selected by evolution. Society benefits from rules in order to be stable and religions provide supernatural authority and imagined oversight for those rules.

It doesn't seem to matter whether or not those beliefs are in any way true. Ancient civilizations rose and prospered under religions and pantheons of gods which I think every person here could agree were false. Okay, almost certainly false.
Jack by the hedge is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th August 2017, 09:15 AM   #206
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing

Yes, because (a) most atheists have been affected by some kind of religious indoctrination even in secular countries and (b) long-lasting social attitudes don't vanish overnight even when we want them to because they're counterproductive.

If religious faith is obviously superior and is therefore favoured due to basic social evolution, why are atheists and secular countries becoming more numerous?

Dave
For the sake of discussing, we will assume that "atheists and secular countries are becoming more numerous."

There are several obvious answers:

1. de-evolution
2. people are becoming more immoral and/or
3. coercive governmental control.

these are not, as we say, mutually exclusive.
With malice toward none, with charity for all, with firmness in the right as God gives us to see the right, let us strive on to finish the work we are in, to bind up the nation's wounds, to care for him who shall have borne the battle and for his widow and his orphan, to do all which may achieve and cherish a just and lasting peace among ourselves and with all nations
The Big Dog is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th August 2017, 09:17 AM   #207
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Dr. Keith View Post
It is not so much that I am enamored with the analogy. Heck, I even said it was just an angle, not the whole thing. You know, like an aspect. I could see myself being offended that someone would associate evil with the church of my childhood. Reflexively, at least. We all have such tribal biases, that the authors found them while looking for them is no real surprise, so I thought it interesting to look at the reasons why. Look at it from different angles. But then . . .

What I am hooked by are your responses that seem to not even be based on the posts you are responding to. That I find alluring. Reading your questions as if the answers were not provided. I find such posts intriguing.

Thank you for participating. At least until Logger gets back from vacation.
Well, you'll forgive me that while wrong answers are a type of answer, they are not true answers.
Old 10th August 2017, 09:24 AM   #208
Beelzebuddy
Philosopher

Well obviously atheists are immoral because soulless lizard people have no innate moral fiber.
Beelzebuddy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th August 2017, 09:25 AM   #209
Dr. Keith
Not a doctor.

Well, you'll forgive me that while wrong answers are a type of answer, they are not true answers.
Right. But if I say bacon is delicious because of its crispy texture and slightly salty taste it is perplexing and interesting for a the next post to quote that language and ask if I ever even considered if bacon taste good or why.

I've posted reasons and your posts don't contradict them, they just pretend like the reasons were never mentioned. I find that very amusing. Especially on such important topics.

He allows us to share in His suffering and to make up for the sins of the world. -Mother Teresa
Dr. Keith is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th August 2017, 09:26 AM   #210
Dr. Keith
Not a doctor.

Originally Posted by Beelzebuddy View Post
Well obviously atheists are immoral because soulless lizard people have no innate moral fiber.
I eat tons of fiber. Surely some of it must be moral . . .

Old 10th August 2017, 09:30 AM   #211
Jack by the hedge
Safely Ignored

For the sake of discussing, we will assume that "atheists and secular countries are becoming more numerous."

1. de-evolution
2. people are becoming more immoral and/or

these are not, as we say, mutually exclusive.
Nor are any of them 'obvious answers'. The first isn't even a real thing, the second doesn't appear to be happening and the third, in my country at least, isn't true.
Jack by the hedge is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th August 2017, 09:33 AM   #212
Dave Rogers

1. de-evolution
The fact that you can even use that term indicates that you fail to comprehend the meaning of the term "evolution".

2. people are becoming more immoral
That's simply one further level of regress; why might people be becoming more immoral, if religion is a strong and stable way of inculcating morality? Why is the trend away from what you consider an obvious advantage in social evolution?

and/or
Again, simply one level of regress; why would governments be evolving in that direction if religion is advantageous to social evolution?

Let me suggest:

4. Rationalism, increased scientific understanding and a strong framework of secular morality are superseding religion as a basis for society.

Dave

Old 10th August 2017, 09:35 AM   #213
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing

Right. But if I say bacon is delicious because of its crispy texture and slightly salty taste it is perplexing and interesting for a the next post to quote that language and ask if I ever even considered if bacon taste good or why.

I've posted reasons and your posts don't contradict them, they just pretend like the reasons were never mentioned. I find that very amusing. Especially on such important topics.
Don't contradict them? Except the part where I showed that the whole "not collecting stamps" analogy was grossly erroneous.

Some atheists are willing to and in fact do engage in a community of people who are also atheists because of their shared beliefs, can you think of some?

Actually if I were an atheist (and thank Jesus I am not) I'd be a bit miffed at your apparent desire to pigeonhole other atheists. Seems like atheists need a Support network!
Old 10th August 2017, 09:40 AM   #214
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing

Again, simply one level of regress; why would governments be evolving in that direction if religion is advantageous to social evolution?

Who wants to field this one? Anyone?

Perhaps One Who Enjoys Reasoning?

/I put a little easter egg tip in there for a bit of a tip, and a bit of fun!

As for "4. Rationalism, increased scientific understanding and a strong framework of secular morality are superseding religion as a basis for society."

may I rebut? TRUMP
Old 10th August 2017, 10:09 AM   #215
Imhotep
Thinker

Even Trump can't undo centuries of progress in less than a year.
Imhotep is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th August 2017, 10:16 AM   #216
StackOverflow
New Blood

the superiority of religious faith
Africa and the Middle East are howling with laughter over that claim.
StackOverflow is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th August 2017, 10:23 AM   #217
Imhotep
Thinker

The argument for the evolutionary advantage of religious faith centers on pre-historic human evolution. The claim goes: as our human ancestors spread around the world in bands, keeping together for food and protection, groups with a religious belief system survived better because they worked better together.

Once we were in towns, cities, and castles, religious belief was a negative selector for evolution. Think of The Crusades for example.
Imhotep is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th August 2017, 11:16 AM   #218
Dr. Keith
Not a doctor.

Don't contradict them? Except the part where I showed that the whole "not collecting stamps" analogy was grossly erroneous.
Right, that was the analogy I had to repeat to get you to address. Thank you for pointing it out.

Quote:
Some atheists are willing to and in fact do engage in a community of people who are also atheists because of their shared beliefs, can you think of some?

Actually if I were an atheist (and thank Jesus I am not) I'd be a bit miffed at your apparent desire to pigeonhole other atheists. Seems like atheists need a Support network!
Quite the opposite.

What percentage of Religious people self identify with an organization or denomination related to their religiosity?

What percentage of non-religious people self identify with an organization or community based on their non-religiosity?

I can see joining a support group where atheism is actively discouraged and atheist face discrimination. But otherwise, any community I would join would have to be based on something more than just non-religiosity.

Old 10th August 2017, 11:42 AM   #219
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing

Right, that was the analogy I had to repeat to get you to address. Thank you for pointing it out.

Quite the opposite.

What percentage of Religious people self identify with an organization or denomination related to their religiosity?

What percentage of non-religious people self identify with an organization or community based on their non-religiosity?

I can see joining a support group where atheism is actively discouraged and atheist face discrimination. But otherwise, any community I would join would have to be based on something more than just non-religiosity.
Get me to address? Can a brother get a laughing dog? I addressed it and showed why it is ridiculous as soon as I realized you were serious.

Now, lets take, as it were, a "deeper dive."

"What percentage of Religious people self identify with an organization or denomination related to their religiosity?"

who cares? No one because that does NOT impact whatsoever the discussion we were having about the actual subject: ATHEISTS

Now the actual question:

"What percentage of non-religious people self identify with an organization or community based on their non-religiosity?"

More than None

As such your claim: "there is no universal generalization for people who don't collect stamps, or don't have Scottish heritage, or don't hold god beliefs" has been well and fully debunked and utterly destroyed.

By the way, while I personally enjoy your tales about what you would personally do, I have to point out that your anecdotes are not data.

Last edited by The Big Dog; 10th August 2017 at 12:01 PM. Reason: I realized how much i hate the quote box feature in responses
Old 10th August 2017, 11:50 AM   #220
Dr. Keith
Not a doctor.

Get me to address? Can a brother get a laughing dog? I addressed it and showed why it is ridiculous as soon as I realized you were serious.
It is this thread, you even noted it.

Quote:
Now, lets take, as it were, a "deeper dive."
I doubt that, but let's see . . .

Quote:
who cares? No one because that does NOT impact whatsoever the discussion we were having about the actual subject: ATHEISTS
Really, then why are you constantly bringing up religion?

Quote:
Now the actual question:

More than None
Of course. I even mention why some who find themselves in the minority may band together to fight back against persecution, but the vast majority of people who do not hold religious beliefs will not have joined an atheist group and will likely list their religion as Church of England.

Quote:
As such your claim: has been well and fully debunked and utterly destroyed.
I don't see that in the least. Please elaborate.

Quote:
By the way, while I personally enjoy your tales about what you would personally do, I have to point out that your anecdotes are not data.
No, but they help me understand the data. How would I answer that question? Why would I pick that answer? What does that choice mean to me? How much candy would I require to take this survey?

Old 10th August 2017, 11:59 AM   #221
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing

Of course. I even mention why some who find themselves in the minority may band together to fight back against persecution...
There folks is why the next time someone tries to draw up some silly analogy that involves truly insipid "people who don't collect stamps" meme, you tell them to get that next level nonsense out of here, because unless there is a Freedom from Religion Stamps Foundation or people who don't collect stamps have to "band together to fight back against persecution" then that silly meme is nothing but a San Antonio Dumpster Fire.

Thus endeth this part of the lesson
Old 10th August 2017, 12:02 PM   #222
Dr. Keith
Not a doctor.

There folks is why the next time someone tries to draw up some silly analogy that involves truly insipid "people who don't collect stamps" meme, you tell them to get that next level nonsense out of here, because unless there is a Freedom from Religion Stamps Foundation or people who don't collect stamps have to "band together to fight back against persecution" then that silly meme is nothing but a San Antonio Dumpster Fire.

Thus endeth this part of the lesson
Well, when Stamp Collectors start trying to influence the life of non-stamp collectors by limiting their freedoms you'll have something to point at.

Are these intentional soft balls?

And why are San Antonio Dumpster Fires being brought into it? Its a nice town, even if the river is more of a cess pool than a real body of water . . .

PS: Thanks for snipping the rest of my post and not repointing to it. Keeping true to form helps my argument.

Old 10th August 2017, 12:10 PM   #223
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing

PS: Thanks for snipping the rest of my post and not repointing to it. Keeping true to form helps my argument.
No problem, you see, I am really not a fan of the "Cut Up A Short Post Into a bunch of Tiny Quote Boxes and then reply with Some Snarky Comment" school of responding.

My posts are typically crisp, clean woven tapestries of context, a sum greater than its parts.

Now as for this:

"Well, when Stamp Collectors start trying to influence the life of non-stamp collectors by limiting their freedoms you'll have something to point at.'

I truly appreciate that you have given us yet another reason why the "not collecting stamps" meme is utterly asinine! Thanks!

Last edited by The Big Dog; 10th August 2017 at 12:13 PM. Reason: hit reply too early!
Old 10th August 2017, 12:14 PM   #224
MRC_Hans
Penultimate Amazing

No problem, you see, I am really not a fan of the "Cut Up A Short Post Into a bunch of Tiny Quote Boxes and then reply with Some Snarky Comment" school of responding.

My posts are typically crisp, clean woven tapestries of context, a sum greater than its parts.
Really? Why don't you submit such posts, then?

Hans
Old 10th August 2017, 12:18 PM   #225
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by MRC_Hans View Post
Really? Why don't you submit such posts, then?

Hans
Oh, you.

/By the way, why do you put a rolls eye next to your name? If I start putiing my name at the end of posts, I would go with something more metal. like:

\m/ The Big Dog \m/
Old 10th August 2017, 12:19 PM   #226
Dr. Keith
Not a doctor.

Some call it addressing each issue. For completeness.

Quote:
I guess I only see the parts. My loss, I'm sure.

Quote:
Now as for this:

"Well, when Stamp Collectors start trying to influence the life of non-stamp collectors by limiting their freedoms you'll have something to point at.'
Is this some sort of "Cut Up A Short Post Into a bunch of Tiny Quotes without Boxes and then reply with Some Snarky Comment" style of posting?

Quote:
I truly appreciate that you have given us yet another reason why the "not collecting stamps" meme is utterly asinine! Thanks!
In most places it works quite well. In others, not so well. I agree that it is sad that some have to fight for religious freedom. Sadder still that that the religious don't fight more for such freedom.

Old 10th August 2017, 12:21 PM   #227
Dr. Keith
Not a doctor.

/By the way, why do you put a rolls eye next to your name? If I start putiing my name at the end of posts, I would go with something more metal. like:

\m/ The Big Dog \m/
I hope you intended that last bit to be read in the voice of an announcer for a monster truck rally because I totally read that in the voice of an announcer from a monster truck rally.

Old 10th August 2017, 12:48 PM   #228
Jack by the hedge
Safely Ignored

I don't follow your reasoning. Maybe you could elaborate a little. This was in the context of religion being considered a force for social cohesion, obedience and stability, and you're now saying the rise of secularism may be because governments want rid of social cohesion, obedience and stability. Because p.o.w.e.r. or something.

Quote:
As for "4. Rationalism, increased scientific understanding and a strong framework of secular morality are superseding religion as a basis for society."

may I rebut? TRUMP
You regard Trump as a turn away from rationalism (well, okay) and towards religion?
Old 10th August 2017, 12:55 PM   #229
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Jack by the hedge View Post
I don't follow your reasoning. Maybe you could elaborate a little. This was in the context of religion being considered a force for social cohesion, obedience and stability, and you're now saying the rise of secularism may be because governments want rid of social cohesion, obedience and stability. Because p.o.w.e.r. or something.
I am absolutely not saying "governments want rid of social cohesion, obedience and stability" not in the slightest.

And although I know that this explanation/example is going to set off a series of groans so profound that they will be heard on the ISS, I simply have to say:

gosateizm
Old 10th August 2017, 12:58 PM   #230
Dave Rogers

may I rebut? TRUMP
I suppose a coherent and intelligent reply was a bit much to hope for. I'm sorry you don't like the way the world's going, but gibbering and spouting nonsense is unlikely to change it, or anyone else's mind.

Dave

Old 10th August 2017, 01:07 PM   #231
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing

nvm

Last edited by The Big Dog; 10th August 2017 at 01:21 PM. Reason: not worth replying
Old 10th August 2017, 01:15 PM   #232
Dave Rogers

An actual substance free snark that can be rolled out when one has literally nothing to say.

Really top notch.
As you're clearly a connoisseur of such things, I'm glad you like it. But I really honestly am quite sorry for you. If you had anything to say, I'm sure you'd say it instead of stringing a few random words together and pretending they're hints; since you haven't, all you have is the sympathies of one of the no doubt very few atheists who hasn't yet become a serial killer.

Dave

Old 10th August 2017, 02:16 PM   #233
Thor 2
Master Poster

I am absolutely not saying "governments want rid of social cohesion, obedience and stability" not in the slightest.

And although I know that this explanation/example is going to set off a series of groans so profound that they will be heard on the ISS, I simply have to say:

gosateizm

Here we go folks, The Big Dog is going to shoehorn Stalin into the conversation soon.
Old 10th August 2017, 02:45 PM   #234
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Thor 2 View Post
Here we go folks, The Big Dog is going to shoehorn Stalin into the conversation soon.
well considering he is history's most prolific serial murderer by a long ways, that would go a hell of a long way toward explaining why atheists are thought immoral, even by fellow atheists....
Old 10th August 2017, 02:54 PM   #235
Dr. Keith
Not a doctor.

well considering he is history's most prolific serial murderer by a long ways, that would go a hell of a long way toward explaining why atheists are thought immoral, even by fellow atheists....
I thought you had moved on from that misrepresentation of this study?

Old 10th August 2017, 03:02 PM   #236
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing

I thought you had moved on from that misrepresentation of this study?
Oh dear, what did I do now?

Listen you tell me what shorthand you want me to use and if we can agree on it, I'll put it right there in my sig so we are for ever and henceforth on the same page, as it were, in connection with shorthand references.

/I'm certain people that don't collect stamps would not be so pedantic....
Old 10th August 2017, 03:06 PM   #237
Dr. Keith
Not a doctor.

Oh dear, what did I do now?

Listen you tell me what shorthand you want me to use and if we can agree on it, I'll put it right there in my sig so we are for ever and henceforth on the same page, as it were, in connection with shorthand references.

/I'm certain people that don't collect stamps would not be so pedantic....
Forgetful then?

Lordy, let me pick up the pieces for you while we circle back to the beginning . . .

You may wish to address the fact that the authors also found that atheists think atheists are immoral.

And please don't be seduced by certain unfortunate posts suggesting that the study does not say that because there is absolutely no question that it does.
Originally Posted by Jack by the hedge View Post
No, it really doesn't.

It says that the authors found that even atheists tended to think the immoral person would be atheist. Which is not the same thing as thinking an atheist person would be immoral.
Oh well, that seems to be a distinction without a substantive difference, but I am a get-along guy, and as such;

Cheerfully Conceded!
Maybe if you corrected the misleading title of the thread it would be easier to remember you conceding that you were misleading.

Old 10th August 2017, 03:12 PM   #238
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing

Forgetful then?

Lordy, let me pick up the pieces for you while we circle back to the beginning . . .

Maybe if you corrected the misleading title of the thread it would be easier to remember you conceding that you were misleading.
It is not misleading.... but as i said, I am a trooper.
Old 10th August 2017, 03:35 PM   #239
Dr. Keith
Not a doctor.

It is not misleading.... but as i said, I am a trooper.
Then not cheerfully conceded.

Well done.

Old 10th August 2017, 03:39 PM   #240
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing

Then not cheerfully conceded.

Well done.
Cheerfully indeed, in fact that sig gives me the chuckles:

scene:

Hey we got TBD to face the music and put it in his sig!
reads sig...
Awwww....

Fin

This Imaginationed scene brought to you by the Number One and the Letter Queue.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Religion and Philosophy