IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags !MOD BOX WARNING! , bigfoot

Old 13th October 2020, 07:48 AM   #1881
Drewbot
Philosopher

Just an FYI, I have "LEGENDARY" Status at BFF.
Drewbot is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th October 2020, 09:10 PM   #1882
whatsthedreamnow
Scholar

Originally Posted by Drewbot View Post
Nice. What do you win?
whatsthedreamnow is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th October 2020, 10:02 AM   #1883
jerrywayne
Graduate Poster

Woo hoo!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzwKqUVYD94
jerrywayne is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th October 2020, 10:11 AM   #1884
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Originally Posted by jerrywayne View Post
This guy is a science teacher?
Resume is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th October 2020, 11:00 AM   #1885
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!

If you don't know what is making a noise then just do a YouTube video and say it's Bigfoot. He obviously has nothing to lose by doing this. He already knows what the negative consequences would be and it doesn't bother him. Maybe he's already known as a trickster kind of fella. Good for goofing around.

I couldn't watch more than a couple minutes. What does the picture show and what is making the sound (which I didn't hear at all)?

Is it an actual animal making noises or is it all a hoax or what? I'll let someone else do the sleuthing.
Old 19th October 2020, 12:53 PM   #1886
Skeptical Greg
Agave Wine Connoisseur

I think I was stripped of mine... That means much more to me..
Old 20th October 2020, 10:27 AM   #1887
jerrywayne
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by William Parcher View Post
If you don't know what is making a noise then just do a YouTube video and say it's Bigfoot. He obviously has nothing to lose by doing this. He already knows what the negative consequences would be and it doesn't bother him. Maybe he's already known as a trickster kind of fella. Good for goofing around.

I couldn't watch more than a couple minutes. What does the picture show and what is making the sound (which I didn't hear at all)?

Is it an actual animal making noises or is it all a hoax or what? I'll let someone else do the sleuthing.
Don't know about the sounds, but the photo is clear, and more of a fellow in a ghillie suit than anything else.
jerrywayne is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th October 2020, 10:31 AM   #1888
jerrywayne
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Skeptical Greg View Post
I think I was stripped of mine... That means much more to me..
My name has been replaced by the designation "guest" (even though I was a member) on my remaining posts, the rest disappeared. Last time I looked the Parn's posts still are under his name. Go figure.
Old 20th October 2020, 12:19 PM   #1889
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!

Don't know about the sounds, but the photo is clear, and more of a fellow in a ghillie suit than anything else.
Can you tell me what time in the video that the picture is shown and any time that the sound is loud and clear?
Old 20th October 2020, 01:50 PM   #1890
Spektator
Watching . . . always watching.

Photo between 17:40-17:48. Either a ghillie suit or a large 3-toed sloth.
Spektator is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th October 2020, 03:16 PM   #1891
Jodie
Philosopher

Oh I think I have you beat there

To this day, I'm not exactly sure why.
"When I was a child I caught a fleeting glimpse out of the corner of my eye. I turned to look but it was gone, I cannot put my finger on it now. The child is grown, the dream is gone. I have become comfortably numb. " Pink Floyd
Jodie is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st October 2020, 09:14 AM   #1892
StillSleepy
Muse

Originally Posted by William Parcher View Post

The sounds sound like two portions of the Sierra sounds, I'm getting mixed indicators over whether they're being played back live or added in afterward. I'm currently leaning towards live.

"Scholars have long known that fishing eventually turns men into philosophers. Unfortunately, it is almost impossible to buy decent tackle on a philosopher's salary." ~ Patrick F. McManus, “Never Sniff A Gift Fish”
StillSleepy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st October 2020, 09:49 AM   #1893
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!

I believe that the presenter is the hoaxer or may have help. The presenter isn't honestly looking for honest answers to a question about wildlife. It's another Bigfoot hoax and this guy is guilty. It's all just more Bigfootery.

More than 240,000 views. Damn.

Last edited by William Parcher; 21st October 2020 at 09:50 AM.
William Parcher is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st October 2020, 10:37 AM   #1894
StillSleepy
Muse

To be fair, four of those are mine since I kept getting interrupted before I could get to where I could hear anything.

Anyway, for me the ****-eating grin when he smells the (notably marrowless) bone that was conveniently in the little stump right next to the trail camera while he's supposedly scared to death says it all for me.

"Scholars have long known that fishing eventually turns men into philosophers. Unfortunately, it is almost impossible to buy decent tackle on a philosopher's salary." ~ Patrick F. McManus, “Never Sniff A Gift Fish”
StillSleepy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd October 2020, 09:36 AM   #1895
jerrywayne
Graduate Poster

The "Floyd-squatch" according to Mr. Floyd (in his first comment in the comment section):

"Do I think Sasquatch/Bigfoot is real? Technically it is, without a doubt, since Gigantopithecus once roamed our world and this creature is essentially a quadrupedal (but possibly bipedal) Squatch-like species! The Hominoid Paranthropus also once existed, and this species is similar to depictions of Sasquatch as well! Sasquatch could also be representative of something far more complex that we do not understand, such as multi-verses overlapping and entities thus slipping into our world from another!

My personal view as to what constitutes whether or not something is "real" is not entirely dependent on material existence though, which is my I lend some credence to that final statement! For example, my ideas and my imagination are real but immaterial. I can see them, feel them, and be impacted by them. So despite them not being something one can hold, they are definitely real! It is thus up to me to bring them to "life" by bringing them into a form that others in this material world can see and experience!

I am a Science Teacher, and while this is a rather unscientific thing to stay I stand by it! Perhaps we need to broaden our minds as to what we accept and consider as being "real"! In other words, Sasquatch is currently definitely "real" in an "immaterial world" apart from ours since at the very least it exists in our collective minds! We just need to figure out if it also exists in our world in a material form!"
Old 22nd October 2020, 09:39 AM   #1896
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Quote:
I am a Science Teacher, and while this is a rather unscientific thing to stay I stand by it! Perhaps we need to broaden our minds as to what we accept and consider as being "real"!
This is a fine example of opening your mind so broadly that your brain falls out.

Last edited by Resume; 22nd October 2020 at 10:58 AM.
Resume is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd October 2020, 10:53 AM   #1897
Pope130
Illuminator

---snip---

Perhaps we need to broaden our minds as to what we accept and consider as being "real"! In other words, Sasquatch is currently definitely "real" in an "immaterial world" apart from ours since at the very least it exists in our collective minds!

---snip---

"Yes Virginia, there is a Santa Claus."
Pope130 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd October 2020, 06:33 PM   #1898
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!

He's a science teacher, a Bigfoot hoaxer, and he uses way too many exclamation marks when he writes. He is other things too but I'll just stop there.
Old 17th December 2020, 12:43 PM   #1899
Drewbot
Philosopher

Can we please make an effort to find some more Bigfoot content to talk about.

Gotta be some good bigfoot stories, at the locked down trailer parks or something.

Only thing I can find is the Bigfoot Discovery Museum is asking for money.
https://goodtimes.sc/cover-stories/s...covery-museum/
Drewbot is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th December 2020, 09:35 PM   #1900
ChrisBFRPKY
Illuminator

That's Mike Rugg's place. It's a shame about the Covid shutdowns but it makes sense. A Bigfoot museum needs visitors too.
ChrisBFRPKY is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th December 2020, 10:25 PM   #1901
whatsthedreamnow
Scholar

Originally Posted by ChrisBFRPKY View Post
That's Mike Rugg's place. It's a shame about the Covid shutdowns but it makes sense. A Bigfoot museum needs visitors too.
And Bigfoots.
whatsthedreamnow is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th December 2020, 10:54 AM   #1902
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Originally Posted by whatsthedreamnow View Post
And Bigfoots.
The one thing lacking in all bigfootery!
Old 18th December 2020, 11:07 AM   #1903
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Isn't that the guy whose footie toofs went missing?
Old 18th December 2020, 08:35 PM   #1904
ChrisBFRPKY
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Resume View Post
Isn't that the guy whose footie toofs went missing?
I know he claimed to have a possible Bigfoot tooth at one time. I don't know if it went missing? I remember reading somewhere that a Bigfoot statue near the front of his museum had gone missing and was later recovered.

I'm skeptical of any untested artifact claimed the be from Bigfoot. If someone has a Bigfoot tooth why on earth would they not have it tested? That's easy, because they know it's not.
ChrisBFRPKY is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th December 2020, 10:24 AM   #1905
Wolrab
Illuminator

Or the Hybrid Bigfooot Tooth Fairy got to it because he kept it under his pillow.
"Such reports are usually based on the sighting of something the sighters cannot explain and that they (or someone else on their behalf) explain as representing an interstellar spaceship-often by saying "But what else can it be?" as though thier own ignorance is a decisive factor." Isaac Asimov
Wolrab is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th December 2020, 02:19 PM   #1906
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Here's a little something about the tooth.
Quote:
Glass cases contain skull reproductions, bit and pieces of compelling evidence, a fragment of a Bigfoot tooth, and some greenish, mulchy clump that we guess is sasquatch scat (the museum newsletter mentions bowel movement samples submitted for the all-important DNA testing) . . .
I remember something about having the tooth tested for DNA, and it going missing, but I can't find a link as of yet.
Old 20th December 2020, 10:28 AM   #1907
CORed
Penultimate Amazing

Can we please make an effort to find some more Bigfoot content to talk about.

Gotta be some good bigfoot stories, at the locked down trailer parks or something.

Only thing I can find is the Bigfoot Discovery Museum is asking for money.
https://goodtimes.sc/cover-stories/s...covery-museum/
Originally Posted by whatsthedreamnow View Post
And Bigfoots.
A bigfoot museum can get along without bigfoots. It really only needs a good supply of one thing, of which it has been claimed that there is one born every minute.
CORed is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th December 2020, 04:05 PM   #1908
StillSleepy
Muse

Originally Posted by CORed View Post
A bigfoot museum can get along without bigfoots. It really only needs a good supply of one thing, of which it has been claimed that there is one born every minute.
Blurry photographs?

Last edited by StillSleepy; 20th December 2020 at 04:06 PM.
Old 21st December 2020, 12:04 AM   #1909
ChrisBFRPKY
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Resume View Post
Here's a little something about the tooth.

I remember something about having the tooth tested for DNA, and it going missing, but I can't find a link as of yet.
We had Mike on the show. It's been about 10 years or so back when it was Squatchdetective Radio. I remember him being one heck of a nice guy and very sharp too. He's not some backwoods hillbilly, I suppose he wouldn't mind being seen in that persona but in fact he's a well educated guy with wall hangers from Stanford.

If memory serves I think he found the tooth somewhere in the mountains near Santa Cruz? He thought it was a possible Bigfoot tooth. I can't remember if he was going to have it tested or even if they could get DNA from teeth then? I'll look for the show in the archive to see if Steve still has it.

But I've not heard about it going missing? Likely if it was tested and came back "not Bigfoot" the tooth and report would likely disappear and add to the "mystery" found at the Bigfoot museum. Not an accusation, but a definite possibility.
Old 21st December 2020, 02:05 PM   #1910
CORed
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by StillSleepy View Post
Blurry photographs?
Yeah, them too.
CORed is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th January 2021, 04:37 PM   #1911
Cervelo
Graduate Poster

Good grief go check out BFF (Bigfoot Fantasy wFriends) they are actually offering 2Gs to the best hoaxer of 2020!
Cervelo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th January 2021, 05:14 PM   #1912
rockinkt
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Cervelo View Post
Good grief go check out BFF (Bigfoot Fantasy wFriends) they are actually offering 2Gs to the best hoaxer of 2020!
That ought to upgrade their credibility.

"I've met Bob Dylan's bodyguards and if Steve Earle thinks he can stand on Bob Dylan's coffee table, he's sadly mistaken." Townes Van Zandt
rockinkt is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th January 2021, 03:46 AM   #1913
rockinkt
Master Poster

On Christmas night a number of people in a vehicle claimed to have seen an upright creature on the side of the road that could have been a bigfoot. This occurred in the south-east portion of British Columbia, Canada known as the Kootenays.
They went back later to take photos and - believe it or not - Matt Moneymaker claimed the tracks were bigfoot for sure and impossible to hoax!

Major Downer Alert! A local group of bigfoot enthusiasts did their own investigation and discovered the tracks were that of a moose.

Global News report here: https://globalnews.ca/news/7581006/b...b-c-community/

Talk about a slow news day and grasping for filler!

"I've met Bob Dylan's bodyguards and if Steve Earle thinks he can stand on Bob Dylan's coffee table, he's sadly mistaken." Townes Van Zandt

Last edited by rockinkt; 17th January 2021 at 03:49 AM.
rockinkt is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th January 2021, 09:12 AM   #1914
Spektator

Two bigfoots often disguise themselves as a moose. Indeed, Max Throwmoney is coming out with a book, Moosefoot: the Amazing Truth, in which he demonstrates that all moose are two bigfoots and that the true moose has been extinct for over 200 years.
Spektator is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th January 2021, 11:20 PM   #1915
rockinkt
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Spektator View Post
Two bigfoots often disguise themselves as a moose. Indeed, Max Throwmoney is coming out with a book, Moosefoot: the Amazing Truth, in which he demonstrates that all moose are two bigfoots and that the true moose has been extinct for over 200 years.
Ahhhh...fake moose. That would explain why my sister was once bitten by one.

Last edited by rockinkt; 17th January 2021 at 11:22 PM.
Old 18th January 2021, 09:57 AM   #1916
Spektator

Originally Posted by rockinkt View Post
Ahhhh...fake moose. That would explain why my sister was once bitten by one.
Yah, a true moose never bites, donchaknow. If you think you see a false moose, arm people by shouting !Cuidado! !Hay llamas!
Old 23rd January 2021, 03:20 PM   #1917
CORed
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Spektator View Post
How do they fake the antlers?
Old 23rd January 2021, 07:42 PM   #1918
Spektator

Originally Posted by CORed View Post
How do they fake the antlers?
Special shoes.
Old 25th January 2021, 11:33 AM   #1919
Drewbot
Philosopher

Welp, don't we have someone from Kentucky here?
Can you give us any insider information on this shooting incident?

https://ktla.com/news/nationworld/al...y-camper-says/

Quote:
Brad Ginn told news outlets he and his girlfriend were camping nearby and were awakened about 1 a.m. by a man with his son. The man said they were going to investigate strange noises he kept hearing. Ginn said he heard a gunshot minutes later and the man returned to say Bigfoot had emerged from the woods, so he fired.
Old 30th January 2021, 07:38 PM   #1920
ChrisBFRPKY
Illuminator

Welp, don't we have someone from Kentucky here?
Can you give us any insider information on this shooting incident?

https://ktla.com/news/nationworld/al...y-camper-says/
Drew, that's my neighborhood, literally.

The Park service put a lid on this story. When questioned they quickly redirected me to their press release/media spokesperson Helen Hunt. "If you want details of the Bigfoot incident you'll need to go to Helen Hunt."

Yet, I did find a few details through local interactions anyway. The guy that fired the gun was not charged. Brad Ginn and his girl were not injured but also confirmed hearing strange sounds/noises that night. The Park officially closed down two camping/day use areas and the Green River ferry immediately after the incident. All areas closed were near the Green River and the location of the supposed Bigfoot incident.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal