IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags donald trump , Trump controversies

Old 16th September 2020, 07:13 PM   #81
yankee451
Master Poster

Originally Posted by beachnut View Post
Spreading lies about 9/11 is pathetic.
I couldn't agree more!
yankee451 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th September 2020, 08:14 PM   #82
TJM
Potsing Whiled Runk
Tagger

Originally Posted by yankee451 View Post
Beyond that which was supplied by NASA, and the empirical evidence linked above, which anyone can test for themselves? Means, motive, and opportunity, Daddy-o! But don't forget the bouncing smoke plume!

https://youtu.be/AsUDlaRsbXY
1. Reporters weren't allowed into the crash site during the first response, that's why we only had aerial views of the scene.

2. Most, if not all of the images of the crash site in your video are from the Flight 93 movie, not from news reports.

Time for a new hobby Steve.

Laughing my ass off as Trump's brown shirts are rounded up, one by one.
TJM is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th September 2020, 10:27 PM   #83
yankee451
Master Poster

Originally Posted by AJM8125 View Post
1. Reporters weren't allowed into the crash site during the first response, that's why we only had aerial views of the scene.

2. Most, if not all of the images of the crash site in your video are from the Flight 93 movie, not from news reports.

Please. Americans think movies are real.

It's not a hobby. Good things take time, whatever your name is.
yankee451 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th September 2020, 11:09 PM   #84
TJM
Potsing Whiled Runk
Tagger

So you're OK with pimping that load of crap instead of addressing its inaccuracies.

How very truthy of you.

TJM is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th September 2020, 04:09 AM   #85
Cosmic Yak
Illuminator

Location: Where there's never a road broader than the back of your hand.
Is Trump a truther? Snort. Hardly.

What is Shanksville but a fable agreed upon?
https://youtu.be/IO80HFdYDk4
Beyond that which was supplied by NASA, and the empirical evidence linked above, which anyone can test for themselves? Means, motive, and opportunity, Daddy-o! But don't forget the bouncing smoke plume!

https://youtu.be/AsUDlaRsbXY
YouTube videos. Again.

If there is 'empirical evidence' contained therein, then please detail it.
It would, I have to point out, be the first time you have actually produced any. This could be quite momentous.
Old 17th September 2020, 07:04 AM   #86
Leftus
Master Poster

Have you identified which missile system crashed there? Does it also have magical properties like the ones that crashed into the towers?

Your vast, first hand ignorance in missile systems is stunning, and I wish to learn more.

Why crash a missile in Shanksville PA? An empty field, while an easily hit target, is not as high value as the other 3 hit targets.

How is this not a pit stop for Rodan?
Leftus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th September 2020, 09:09 AM   #87
beachnut
Penultimate Amazing

movies are real - usually fiction

Spreading lies about 9/11 is pathetic, ...
I couldn't agree more!
irony, you spread lies about 9/11 - it appears you have no ability to comprehend the science and physics

Movies are real, and usually fiction... Like missiles did it, you don't seem to have a grasp of reality.

yankee451 codec:
Good things - lies and fantasy
Good things - pathetically spreading lies

Why do you think trump is a truther? Do you know the topic?
beachnut is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th September 2020, 06:05 PM   #88
carlitos
"más divertido"

Scenes from a movie? Geez.

To be fair, other conspiracy theorists also seem to think that movies are real. The current Republican candidate for senate in Delaware said that Loose Change changed everything for her. I have heard Alex Jones mention several movies, most recently Species, as evidence for this or that conspiracy theory. We used to joke here that CTists thought that The Matrix was a documentary, but then they themselves have adopted that film’s lexicon with red pill etc.
carlitos is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th September 2020, 08:05 PM   #89
TJM
Potsing Whiled Runk
Tagger

Originally Posted by carlitos View Post

To be fair, <snip>
Also to be fair, I used some of those very same images in a post here in rebuttal to a truther's post and was promptly called out on it by a forum member. Even more to my everlasting shame, that post was read by none other than Aldo Marquis, who posted it on the now defunct LC Forums to which Craig Ranke replied. He said I'm a dum dum.

To this day, I still bear the taint.

Old 18th September 2020, 06:29 AM   #90
Leftus
Master Poster

To be fair, other conspiracy theorists also seem to think that movies are real. The current Republican candidate for senate in Delaware said that Loose Change changed everything for her. I have heard Alex Jones mention several movies, most recently Species, as evidence for this or that conspiracy theory. We used to joke here that CTists thought that The Matrix was a documentary, but then they themselves have adopted that film’s lexicon with red pill etc.
Well, that takes away the biggest flaw in the Rodan hypothesis.
Leftus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th September 2020, 07:16 AM   #91
Steve
Philosopher

Originally Posted by AJM8125 View Post

I am discussing my new hobby in the dedicated thread in Community. Check it out.
Old 18th September 2020, 03:22 PM   #92
yankee451
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Leftus View Post
Have you identified which missile system crashed there?
The most likely system. Yes. Have you managed to explain how the damage evidence is consistent with the impact of a jet?

Does it also have magical properties like the ones that crashed into the towers?
I'm surprised you think magic had anything to do with this. Magic doesn't exist. James Randi would be so embarrassed.

Your vast, first hand ignorance in missile systems is stunning, and I wish to learn more.
Please explain how the damage evidence is not consistent with the oblique impacts of small projectiles, such as dense-metal penetrating warheads such as those delivered by rockets and cruise missiles, and is more consistent with the impact of a 757.

Why crash a missile in Shanksville PA?
Why not? Something had to cut the gash in the empty field, and you'll belive anything to see on the television, so why not?

An empty field, while an easily hit target, is not as high value as the other 3 hit targets.
I explained it in this video: https://youtu.be/IO80HFdYDk4/

How is this not a pit stop for Rodan?
I have no idea what you mean.
Old 18th September 2020, 07:45 PM   #93
yankee451
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Cosmic Yak View Post
YouTube videos. Again.

If there is 'empirical evidence' contained therein, then please detail it.
The gashes are predictable and reproducible with the oblique impact of small projectiles, and explosives. Youtube videos are great for showing empirical demonstrations.
Old 18th September 2020, 08:55 PM   #94
beachnut
Penultimate Amazing

school of hard knocks fails at physics... and no clue what the topic is

The gashes are predictable and reproducible with the oblique impact of small projectiles, and explosives. Youtube videos are great for showing empirical demonstrations.
What a failed lie, and you still have no clue what the topic of this thread is.

Your missile fantasy failed, and your mocking the murder of thousands by UBL's idiots is sick.

You have no clue what physics is. Your school of hard knocks failed to teach you physics, and science, Big Fail...
beachnut is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th September 2020, 02:56 AM   #95
Cosmic Yak
Illuminator

"Small projectiles"? Assuming you mean missiles, not stones or golf balls, your own evidence has shown conclusively that the damage is not consistent with a missile.
"Explosives"? Again, your own evidence shows that the damage is inward-facing, not outward facing, which it would not be if there had been an explosion inside the building from a missile, as opposed to an impact by a plane.

You might have missed the part of my post where I asked you for details. A vague claim of predictability and reproducibility, without actually demonstrating either of these, is neither detailed nor worthy of consideration as evidence.
Old 19th September 2020, 06:15 AM   #96
Leftus
Master Poster

The most likely system. Yes. Have you managed to explain how the damage evidence is consistent with the impact of a jet?
Which system? Again, you speak of these weapons systems as if you have any actual knowledge of how they are constructed, how they operate. You just toss out JSAAM without having any understanding of how the damn thing work.

How do I explain the passenger aircraft sized divot, engines and fuselage? I'm going with passenger jet airliner. Specifically, United Airlines flight 93. A plane, flight crew and passenger load that has magically disappeared.

Quote:
I'm surprised you think magic had anything to do with this. Magic doesn't exist. James Randi would be so embarrassed.
I'm not the one proposing a disappearing flight, and missiles operating in ways they aren't designed to do. You just toss out the word "Missile" and without any more knowledge than that, proceed to slight of hand away experts or people with actual knowledge of missile systems.

Quote:
Please explain how the damage evidence is not consistent with the oblique impacts of small projectiles, such as dense-metal penetrating warheads such as those delivered by rockets and cruise missiles, and is more consistent with the impact of a 757.
How many rocket or missile impacts have you seen? How many missile systems have you seen launch, in person? How many have you actually put your hand on?

My answers - Couple dozen; Five; Two.

Quote:
Why not? Something had to cut the gash in the empty field, and you'll belive anything to see on the television, so why not?

I explained it in this video: https://youtu.be/IO80HFdYDk4/
And you are wrong. It wasn't a missile; they aren't built to do that. You propose "off the shelf" technology to do things it's not designed to do "off the shelf." It would require custom engineering of some of the electronics, and other instructions.

Quote:
I have no idea what you mean.
It was Rodan, and not a missile system. If you can use scenes from a movie and claim it doesn't matter, you can't automatically dismiss Rodan as he only exists in movies.

Last edited by Leftus; 19th September 2020 at 06:17 AM.
Old 19th September 2020, 10:48 AM   #97
Safe-Keeper
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Dave Rogers View Post
Holding out an AE911T flyer when Trump went by in an autograph line, then claiming it proves he supports the 9/11 truth movement, is as low as the movement's sunk now, is it?

I'm amazed you're not embarrassed to post this.
I'm not. The 9/11 CTers have been grasping at straws for decades.
"He's like a drunk being given a sobriety test by the police after being pulled over. Just as a drunk can't walk a straight line, Trump can't think in a straight line. He's all over the place."--Stacyhs
"If you are still hung up on that whole words-have-meaning thing, then 2020 is going to be a long year for you." --Ladewig
Safe-Keeper is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th September 2020, 11:11 AM   #98
carlitos
"más divertido"

In his YouTube comments, he talks about actors appearing at the memorial who pretend to be the families of the deceased. Being mentally disturbed is no excuse for that kind of scum-baggery. Rot in hell, Steve.
carlitos is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th September 2020, 02:23 PM   #99
yankee451
Master Poster

In his YouTube comments, he talks about actors appearing at the memorial who pretend to be the families of the deceased. Being mentally disturbed is no excuse for that kind of scum-baggery. Rot in hell, Steve.
O' the HORROR! Hey Carlitos. Kiss me.
Old 20th September 2020, 06:46 AM   #100
yankee451
Master Poster

It was Rodan, and not a missile system. If you can use scenes from a movie and claim it doesn't matter, you can't automatically dismiss Rodan as he only exists in movies.

Stick with magic.
Old 20th September 2020, 07:04 AM   #101
Leftus
Master Poster

Stick with magic.
Well, such a long and well constructed argument against Rodan, I guess I have no choice. Of all the things to focus on, the one argument you can't defeat.
Old 20th September 2020, 09:45 AM   #102
beachnut
Penultimate Amazing

anti- science, like the president

Stick with magic.
Thousand murdered by 19 terrorists, what do you do? Create a fantasy of missiles.

You are like the president, who is also a conspiracy theorist - do you like Alex Jones as much as the president does?
Old 25th September 2020, 05:23 PM   #103
yankee451
Master Poster

Thousand murdered by 19 terrorists, what do you do? Create a fantasy of missiles.

You are like the president, who is also a conspiracy theorist - do you like Alex Jones as much as the president does?
Yawn,
Old 26th September 2020, 07:24 AM   #104
bknight
Master Poster

Yawn,
Can't handle the truth?
bknight is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th September 2020, 12:29 PM   #105
beachnut
Penultimate Amazing

deep in the rabbit hole - conspiracy theory purgatory

Yawn,
Quote:
19 years ago, 19 hijackers paved the way for Covid-19. Our shared nightmare was launched by Bush, expanded by Obama, and continued by Trump https://911crashtest.org/video-what-...e-agreed-upon/
And you got evidence for this? The same as your evidence for missiles?

How is 9/11 crash test going? Your delusions of missiles is due to lack of knowledge in physics. You and trump share a hatred of science, and push idiotic conspiracy theories.

What degree does the school of hard knocks give out, PhD in Conspiracy Theories?

Your papers are like a manifesto, like the Unabomber without a PhD in math.

Wait you are going to expose the lie in PA...
Quote:
and the easiest lie to expose is story of Flight 93, and Shanksveille, PA.
And when will you expose the easiest lie? Wait, you never did take a course in aircraft accident investigation to realize the crash of Flight 93 in PA is exactly what it would look like when 93 hit inverted at high speed. You google up BS using NASA photos to invent woo about how the impact crater in PA was made, and fail to realize it was Flight 93 due to your massive willful ignorance and ego. You have no clue what you are doing, as you ramble about your paranoia of a new world order.

Your lack of knowledge in any relevant skill required leaves you in conspiracy theory purgatory.
Old 30th September 2020, 12:16 PM   #106
Allen773
Graduate Poster

Yawn,
I agree. Your CTs are tiresome.
Allen773 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th November 2020, 06:21 PM   #107
Lupus
Scholar

Missed all these replies... Here's a late response.

No, no, no, you've missed a bit. If Trump believes 9/11 was an inside job, that proves an inside job, because he has access to all the secrets; but if he doesn't believe it was an inside job, that's either because the deep state has hidden the truth from him or because he's been a disinformation agent all along, and the whole point of the Trump Presidency has been to discredit the conspiracy theories by presenting the illusion of a President so deeply anti-establishment that he'd be bound to uncover evidence for a conspiracy if any existed, so if he hasn't then it can't. Basically, everything proves the conspiracy, even disproof of the conspiracy. If what you're saying is in the same universe as the concept of logic, you're getting it wrong.

Dave
Like I said if he believes it was an inside job then it is one. I'm hearing now that Trump knew about it all along and wrote about it in his book "The America we Deserve" from 2000. This was the video,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Su4HTAWiSw

Originally Posted by Oystein View Post
You assume, with zero supporting evidence, that he a) reads b) understands records pertaining to government.
I don't think a detail like that would be hid away from the president. Never mind that he has people to read records for him.

Originally Posted by Horatius View Post
Except that we have multiple examples now of Trump being told something by his own government agents, and still believing the opposite thing is true.
The intelligence services were telling him in January that COVID-19 would be a problem. He denied that at the time, and continues to deny it now, even after almost 150,000 deaths in the US.
The intelligence services were telling him that Russia acted to illegally influence the 2016 election, and he still insists that Russia had nothing to do with it.
He insists that, in fact, Ukraine was the one illegally influencing the 2016 election, even though his own intelligence services can find zero evidence for this claim. Even his own hand-picked minions like Rudy Giuliani couldn't find the evidence for him, but he continues to make this claim.
He insists that "millions" of fraudulent votes were cast in 2016, despite his own investigation turning up virtually zero evidence of voter fraud on any scale, let alone an organized fraud involving millions of ballots.
So there would be nothing surprising in him expressing belief in the standard Truther Talking Points, even if he'd reviewed every single classified document available to the US government, and found that they contained no evidence for an inside job, and copious evidence that it was bin Laden and Al Qaeda that did it.
I don't think Trump really believes many things he says. He's a politician who needs to play voter demographics and appeal to them so they continue their support. That's part of how he got so close to winning in 2020. That seems ridiculous to say though that voter fraud didn't happen in 2016 even at a small scale.
Lupus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th November 2020, 02:19 AM   #108
Dave Rogers
Bandaged ice that stampedes inexpensively through a scribbled morning waving necessary ankles

Originally Posted by Lupus View Post
Like I said if he believes it was an inside job then it is one. I'm hearing now that Trump knew about it all along and wrote about it in his book "The America we Deserve" from 2000. This was the video,
That's an impressive piece of illogic even for a conspiracy theorist. You're saying that Trump has had access to all the secrets as President, so if he thought 9/11 was an inside job before he had access to those secrets then he must have been right. A sane person might think it more likely that, since he's said nothing about it since being elected, his earlier suspicions turned out to be unfounded - though, of course, that would imply rationality on his part. A sane person might also note that your implied claim entails two causality violations, not just one.

By the way, if you want to refer to something written in a book, quote what was written in the book. I'm not wasting my time with yet another conspiracist YouTube video.

Dave

- President Joseph R. Biden, January 20th, 2021
Dave Rogers is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th November 2020, 05:03 AM   #109
JSanderO
Illuminator

DT doesn't read... he watches TV, maybe some things on the www and listens to right wing talk radio... Anything he spouts came from his exposure to those sources. He's demonstrated that beyond a shadow of a doubt.... he is dumb as a fence post.
Old 27th November 2020, 05:57 PM   #110
beachnut
Penultimate Amazing

Clownstick is a truther, he believes and spreads dirt dumb stupid conspiracy theories = Truther - Clueless liar has no clue he signs legislation started by what he calls, evil democrat's, don't tell his cult minions he signs democrat legislation... they might esplode...
Old 28th November 2020, 05:09 AM   #111
Cosmic Yak
Illuminator

Then all I can say is that what you're hearing is wrong.
Trump, in his book, predicted that there would be a major terrorist attack in America, most probably from Bin Laden or someone like him.
At no point did he say he knew it was an inside job.
https://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/do.../20/id/697131/
Old 28th November 2020, 05:51 AM   #112
Dave Rogers
Bandaged ice that stampedes inexpensively through a scribbled morning waving necessary ankles

Trump, in his book, predicted that there would be a major terrorist attack in America, most probably from Bin Laden or someone like him.
I think that explains his election strategy. His ghostwriter must have told him terrorism was the number one threat to the USA, and we all know how much he hates coming second.

Dave

- President Joseph R. Biden, January 20th, 2021
Dave Rogers is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th November 2020, 07:41 AM   #113
beachnut
Penultimate Amazing

Then all I can say is that what you're hearing is wrong.
At no point did he say he knew it was an inside job.
https://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/do.../20/id/697131/
I think that explains his election strategy. His ghostwriter must have told him terrorism was the number one threat to the USA, and we all know how much he hates coming second.

Dave
Missed all these replies... Here's a late response.

I don't think a detail like that would be hid away from the president. Never mind that he has people to read records for him.

I don't think Trump really believes many things he says. He's a politician who needs to play voter demographics and appeal to them so they continue their support. That's part of how he got so close to winning in 2020. That seems ridiculous to say though that voter fraud didn't happen in 2016 even at a small scale.

Trump brags about stuff, and after things happens he acts as if he predicted it... except when he lost the election, he remains clueless, failed to stop windmill cancer. He remains the sharpie fake weather map failure.

He mentions UBL in his book, later he claims he knew it all...
https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wire...laden-66566713

Poor guy, had no clue, as he claims nobody really knew UBL in 2000, but after 9/11 the story and his bragging continue unchecked, he is never "wrong", he is a "winner"... never can admit he is wrong, or dumber than dirt.

https://www.factcheck.org/2015/12/tr...en-prediction/

Newmax sucks = questionable source
Old 29th December 2020, 08:41 PM   #114
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Speaking of Trump and the Truth Movement, you don't here much about 9/11 from Alex Jones, once pretty much king of the truthers, since he became a Trump supporter.

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories