IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories
 


Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags donald trump , Trump controversies

Reply
Old 16th September 2020, 07:13 PM   #81
yankee451
Master Poster
 
yankee451's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 2,774
Originally Posted by beachnut View Post
Spreading lies about 9/11 is pathetic.
I couldn't agree more!
yankee451 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th September 2020, 08:14 PM   #82
TJM
Potsing Whiled Runk
Tagger
 
TJM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 21,639
Originally Posted by yankee451 View Post
Beyond that which was supplied by NASA, and the empirical evidence linked above, which anyone can test for themselves? Means, motive, and opportunity, Daddy-o! But don't forget the bouncing smoke plume!

https://youtu.be/AsUDlaRsbXY
1. Reporters weren't allowed into the crash site during the first response, that's why we only had aerial views of the scene.

2. Most, if not all of the images of the crash site in your video are from the Flight 93 movie, not from news reports.

Time for a new hobby Steve.
__________________


Laughing my ass off as Trump's brown shirts are rounded up, one by one.
TJM is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th September 2020, 10:27 PM   #83
yankee451
Master Poster
 
yankee451's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 2,774
Originally Posted by AJM8125 View Post
1. Reporters weren't allowed into the crash site during the first response, that's why we only had aerial views of the scene.

2. Most, if not all of the images of the crash site in your video are from the Flight 93 movie, not from news reports.

Time for a new hobby Steve.
Please. Americans think movies are real.

It's not a hobby. Good things take time, whatever your name is.
yankee451 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th September 2020, 11:09 PM   #84
TJM
Potsing Whiled Runk
Tagger
 
TJM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 21,639
So you're OK with pimping that load of crap instead of addressing its inaccuracies.

How very truthy of you.
__________________


Laughing my ass off as Trump's brown shirts are rounded up, one by one.
TJM is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th September 2020, 04:09 AM   #85
Cosmic Yak
Illuminator
 
Cosmic Yak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Where there's never a road broader than the back of your hand.
Posts: 3,909
Originally Posted by yankee451 View Post
Is Trump a truther? Snort. Hardly.

What is Shanksville but a fable agreed upon?
https://youtu.be/IO80HFdYDk4
Originally Posted by yankee451 View Post
Beyond that which was supplied by NASA, and the empirical evidence linked above, which anyone can test for themselves? Means, motive, and opportunity, Daddy-o! But don't forget the bouncing smoke plume!

https://youtu.be/AsUDlaRsbXY
YouTube videos. Again.

If there is 'empirical evidence' contained therein, then please detail it.
It would, I have to point out, be the first time you have actually produced any. This could be quite momentous.
__________________
Fortuna Faveat Fatuis
Cosmic Yak is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th September 2020, 07:04 AM   #86
Leftus
Master Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 2,427
Originally Posted by yankee451 View Post
Please. Americans think movies are real.

It's not a hobby. Good things take time, whatever your name is.
Have you identified which missile system crashed there? Does it also have magical properties like the ones that crashed into the towers?

Your vast, first hand ignorance in missile systems is stunning, and I wish to learn more.

Why crash a missile in Shanksville PA? An empty field, while an easily hit target, is not as high value as the other 3 hit targets.

How is this not a pit stop for Rodan?
Leftus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th September 2020, 09:09 AM   #87
beachnut
Penultimate Amazing
 
beachnut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Dog House
Posts: 25,837
movies are real - usually fiction

Originally Posted by yankee451 View Post
Originally Posted by beachnut View Post
...
Spreading lies about 9/11 is pathetic, ...
I couldn't agree more!
irony, you spread lies about 9/11 - it appears you have no ability to comprehend the science and physics

Originally Posted by yankee451 View Post
Please. Americans think movies are real.

It's not a hobby. Good things take time, whatever your name is.
Movies are real, and usually fiction... Like missiles did it, you don't seem to have a grasp of reality.

yankee451 codec:
Good things - lies and fantasy
Good things - pathetically spreading lies

Why do you think trump is a truther? Do you know the topic?
__________________
"Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen" - Albert Einstein
"... education as the means of developing our greatest abilities" - JFK
https://folding.stanford.edu/ fold with your computer - join team 13232
beachnut is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th September 2020, 06:05 PM   #88
carlitos
"más divertido"
 
carlitos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: USA! USA!
Posts: 22,786
Scenes from a movie? Geez.

To be fair, other conspiracy theorists also seem to think that movies are real. The current Republican candidate for senate in Delaware said that Loose Change changed everything for her. I have heard Alex Jones mention several movies, most recently Species, as evidence for this or that conspiracy theory. We used to joke here that CTists thought that The Matrix was a documentary, but then they themselves have adopted that film’s lexicon with red pill etc.
carlitos is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th September 2020, 08:05 PM   #89
TJM
Potsing Whiled Runk
Tagger
 
TJM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 21,639
Originally Posted by carlitos View Post
Scenes from a movie? Geez.

To be fair, <snip>
Also to be fair, I used some of those very same images in a post here in rebuttal to a truther's post and was promptly called out on it by a forum member. Even more to my everlasting shame, that post was read by none other than Aldo Marquis, who posted it on the now defunct LC Forums to which Craig Ranke replied. He said I'm a dum dum.

To this day, I still bear the taint.
__________________


Laughing my ass off as Trump's brown shirts are rounded up, one by one.
TJM is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th September 2020, 06:29 AM   #90
Leftus
Master Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 2,427
Originally Posted by carlitos View Post
Scenes from a movie? Geez.

To be fair, other conspiracy theorists also seem to think that movies are real. The current Republican candidate for senate in Delaware said that Loose Change changed everything for her. I have heard Alex Jones mention several movies, most recently Species, as evidence for this or that conspiracy theory. We used to joke here that CTists thought that The Matrix was a documentary, but then they themselves have adopted that film’s lexicon with red pill etc.
Well, that takes away the biggest flaw in the Rodan hypothesis.
Leftus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th September 2020, 07:16 AM   #91
Steve
Philosopher
 
Steve's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Sydney Nova Scotia
Posts: 8,418
Originally Posted by AJM8125 View Post
1. Reporters weren't allowed into the crash site during the first response, that's why we only had aerial views of the scene.

2. Most, if not all of the images of the crash site in your video are from the Flight 93 movie, not from news reports.

Time for a new hobby Steve.
I am discussing my new hobby in the dedicated thread in Community. Check it out.
__________________
Caption from and old New Yorker cartoon - Why am I shouting? Because I'm wrong!"
Steve is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th September 2020, 03:22 PM   #92
yankee451
Master Poster
 
yankee451's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 2,774
Originally Posted by Leftus View Post
Have you identified which missile system crashed there?
The most likely system. Yes. Have you managed to explain how the damage evidence is consistent with the impact of a jet?

Originally Posted by Leftus View Post

Does it also have magical properties like the ones that crashed into the towers?
I'm surprised you think magic had anything to do with this. Magic doesn't exist. James Randi would be so embarrassed.

Originally Posted by Leftus View Post
Your vast, first hand ignorance in missile systems is stunning, and I wish to learn more.
Please explain how the damage evidence is not consistent with the oblique impacts of small projectiles, such as dense-metal penetrating warheads such as those delivered by rockets and cruise missiles, and is more consistent with the impact of a 757.

Originally Posted by Leftus View Post
Why crash a missile in Shanksville PA?
Why not? Something had to cut the gash in the empty field, and you'll belive anything to see on the television, so why not?

Originally Posted by Leftus View Post
An empty field, while an easily hit target, is not as high value as the other 3 hit targets.
I explained it in this video: https://youtu.be/IO80HFdYDk4/

Originally Posted by Leftus View Post
How is this not a pit stop for Rodan?
I have no idea what you mean.
yankee451 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th September 2020, 07:45 PM   #93
yankee451
Master Poster
 
yankee451's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 2,774
Originally Posted by Cosmic Yak View Post
YouTube videos. Again.

If there is 'empirical evidence' contained therein, then please detail it.
The gashes are predictable and reproducible with the oblique impact of small projectiles, and explosives. Youtube videos are great for showing empirical demonstrations.
yankee451 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th September 2020, 08:55 PM   #94
beachnut
Penultimate Amazing
 
beachnut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Dog House
Posts: 25,837
school of hard knocks fails at physics... and no clue what the topic is

Originally Posted by yankee451 View Post
The gashes are predictable and reproducible with the oblique impact of small projectiles, and explosives. Youtube videos are great for showing empirical demonstrations.
What a failed lie, and you still have no clue what the topic of this thread is.

Your missile fantasy failed, and your mocking the murder of thousands by UBL's idiots is sick.

You have no clue what physics is. Your school of hard knocks failed to teach you physics, and science, Big Fail...
__________________
"Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen" - Albert Einstein
"... education as the means of developing our greatest abilities" - JFK
https://folding.stanford.edu/ fold with your computer - join team 13232
beachnut is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th September 2020, 02:56 AM   #95
Cosmic Yak
Illuminator
 
Cosmic Yak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Where there's never a road broader than the back of your hand.
Posts: 3,909
Originally Posted by yankee451 View Post
The gashes are predictable and reproducible with the oblique impact of small projectiles, and explosives. Youtube videos are great for showing empirical demonstrations.
"Small projectiles"? Assuming you mean missiles, not stones or golf balls, your own evidence has shown conclusively that the damage is not consistent with a missile.
"Explosives"? Again, your own evidence shows that the damage is inward-facing, not outward facing, which it would not be if there had been an explosion inside the building from a missile, as opposed to an impact by a plane.

You might have missed the part of my post where I asked you for details. A vague claim of predictability and reproducibility, without actually demonstrating either of these, is neither detailed nor worthy of consideration as evidence.
__________________
Fortuna Faveat Fatuis
Cosmic Yak is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th September 2020, 06:15 AM   #96
Leftus
Master Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 2,427
Originally Posted by yankee451 View Post
The most likely system. Yes. Have you managed to explain how the damage evidence is consistent with the impact of a jet?
Which system? Again, you speak of these weapons systems as if you have any actual knowledge of how they are constructed, how they operate. You just toss out JSAAM without having any understanding of how the damn thing work.

How do I explain the passenger aircraft sized divot, engines and fuselage? I'm going with passenger jet airliner. Specifically, United Airlines flight 93. A plane, flight crew and passenger load that has magically disappeared.

Quote:
I'm surprised you think magic had anything to do with this. Magic doesn't exist. James Randi would be so embarrassed.
I'm not the one proposing a disappearing flight, and missiles operating in ways they aren't designed to do. You just toss out the word "Missile" and without any more knowledge than that, proceed to slight of hand away experts or people with actual knowledge of missile systems.

Quote:
Please explain how the damage evidence is not consistent with the oblique impacts of small projectiles, such as dense-metal penetrating warheads such as those delivered by rockets and cruise missiles, and is more consistent with the impact of a 757.
How many rocket or missile impacts have you seen? How many missile systems have you seen launch, in person? How many have you actually put your hand on?

My answers - Couple dozen; Five; Two.

Quote:
Why not? Something had to cut the gash in the empty field, and you'll belive anything to see on the television, so why not?

I explained it in this video: https://youtu.be/IO80HFdYDk4/
And you are wrong. It wasn't a missile; they aren't built to do that. You propose "off the shelf" technology to do things it's not designed to do "off the shelf." It would require custom engineering of some of the electronics, and other instructions.

Quote:
I have no idea what you mean.
It was Rodan, and not a missile system. If you can use scenes from a movie and claim it doesn't matter, you can't automatically dismiss Rodan as he only exists in movies.

Last edited by Leftus; 19th September 2020 at 06:17 AM.
Leftus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th September 2020, 10:48 AM   #97
Safe-Keeper
Penultimate Amazing
 
Safe-Keeper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Norway
Posts: 10,395
Originally Posted by Dave Rogers View Post
Holding out an AE911T flyer when Trump went by in an autograph line, then claiming it proves he supports the 9/11 truth movement, is as low as the movement's sunk now, is it?

I'm amazed you're not embarrassed to post this.
I'm not. The 9/11 CTers have been grasping at straws for decades.
__________________
"He's like a drunk being given a sobriety test by the police after being pulled over. Just as a drunk can't walk a straight line, Trump can't think in a straight line. He's all over the place."--Stacyhs
"If you are still hung up on that whole words-have-meaning thing, then 2020 is going to be a long year for you." --Ladewig
Safe-Keeper is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th September 2020, 11:11 AM   #98
carlitos
"más divertido"
 
carlitos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: USA! USA!
Posts: 22,786
In his YouTube comments, he talks about actors appearing at the memorial who pretend to be the families of the deceased. Being mentally disturbed is no excuse for that kind of scum-baggery. Rot in hell, Steve.
carlitos is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th September 2020, 02:23 PM   #99
yankee451
Master Poster
 
yankee451's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 2,774
Originally Posted by carlitos View Post
In his YouTube comments, he talks about actors appearing at the memorial who pretend to be the families of the deceased. Being mentally disturbed is no excuse for that kind of scum-baggery. Rot in hell, Steve.
O' the HORROR! Hey Carlitos. Kiss me.
yankee451 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th September 2020, 06:46 AM   #100
yankee451
Master Poster
 
yankee451's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 2,774
Originally Posted by Leftus View Post
.
It was Rodan, and not a missile system. If you can use scenes from a movie and claim it doesn't matter, you can't automatically dismiss Rodan as he only exists in movies.


Stick with magic.
yankee451 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th September 2020, 07:04 AM   #101
Leftus
Master Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 2,427
Originally Posted by yankee451 View Post
Stick with magic.
Well, such a long and well constructed argument against Rodan, I guess I have no choice. Of all the things to focus on, the one argument you can't defeat.
Leftus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th September 2020, 09:45 AM   #102
beachnut
Penultimate Amazing
 
beachnut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Dog House
Posts: 25,837
anti- science, like the president

Originally Posted by yankee451 View Post
Stick with magic.
Thousand murdered by 19 terrorists, what do you do? Create a fantasy of missiles.

You are like the president, who is also a conspiracy theorist - do you like Alex Jones as much as the president does?
__________________
"Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen" - Albert Einstein
"... education as the means of developing our greatest abilities" - JFK
https://folding.stanford.edu/ fold with your computer - join team 13232
beachnut is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th September 2020, 05:23 PM   #103
yankee451
Master Poster
 
yankee451's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 2,774
Originally Posted by beachnut View Post
Thousand murdered by 19 terrorists, what do you do? Create a fantasy of missiles.

You are like the president, who is also a conspiracy theorist - do you like Alex Jones as much as the president does?
Yawn,
yankee451 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th September 2020, 07:24 AM   #104
bknight
Master Poster
 
bknight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 2,359
Originally Posted by yankee451 View Post
Yawn,
Can't handle the truth?
bknight is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th September 2020, 12:29 PM   #105
beachnut
Penultimate Amazing
 
beachnut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Dog House
Posts: 25,837
deep in the rabbit hole - conspiracy theory purgatory

Originally Posted by yankee451 View Post
Yawn,
Quote:
19 years ago, 19 hijackers paved the way for Covid-19. Our shared nightmare was launched by Bush, expanded by Obama, and continued by Trump https://911crashtest.org/video-what-...e-agreed-upon/
And you got evidence for this? The same as your evidence for missiles?

How is 9/11 crash test going? Your delusions of missiles is due to lack of knowledge in physics. You and trump share a hatred of science, and push idiotic conspiracy theories.

What degree does the school of hard knocks give out, PhD in Conspiracy Theories?

Your papers are like a manifesto, like the Unabomber without a PhD in math.

Wait you are going to expose the lie in PA...
Quote:
and the easiest lie to expose is story of Flight 93, and Shanksveille, PA.
And when will you expose the easiest lie? Wait, you never did take a course in aircraft accident investigation to realize the crash of Flight 93 in PA is exactly what it would look like when 93 hit inverted at high speed. You google up BS using NASA photos to invent woo about how the impact crater in PA was made, and fail to realize it was Flight 93 due to your massive willful ignorance and ego. You have no clue what you are doing, as you ramble about your paranoia of a new world order.

Your lack of knowledge in any relevant skill required leaves you in conspiracy theory purgatory.
__________________
"Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen" - Albert Einstein
"... education as the means of developing our greatest abilities" - JFK
https://folding.stanford.edu/ fold with your computer - join team 13232
beachnut is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th September 2020, 12:16 PM   #106
Allen773
Graduate Poster
 
Allen773's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Cali Four Neea
Posts: 1,354
Originally Posted by yankee451 View Post
Yawn,
I agree. Your CTs are tiresome.
Allen773 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th November 2020, 06:21 PM   #107
Lupus
Scholar
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Posts: 86
Missed all these replies... Here's a late response.

Originally Posted by Dave Rogers View Post
No, no, no, you've missed a bit. If Trump believes 9/11 was an inside job, that proves an inside job, because he has access to all the secrets; but if he doesn't believe it was an inside job, that's either because the deep state has hidden the truth from him or because he's been a disinformation agent all along, and the whole point of the Trump Presidency has been to discredit the conspiracy theories by presenting the illusion of a President so deeply anti-establishment that he'd be bound to uncover evidence for a conspiracy if any existed, so if he hasn't then it can't. Basically, everything proves the conspiracy, even disproof of the conspiracy. If what you're saying is in the same universe as the concept of logic, you're getting it wrong.

Dave
Like I said if he believes it was an inside job then it is one. I'm hearing now that Trump knew about it all along and wrote about it in his book "The America we Deserve" from 2000. This was the video,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Su4HTAWiSw

Originally Posted by Oystein View Post
You assume, with zero supporting evidence, that he a) reads b) understands records pertaining to government.
I don't think a detail like that would be hid away from the president. Never mind that he has people to read records for him.

Originally Posted by Horatius View Post
Except that we have multiple examples now of Trump being told something by his own government agents, and still believing the opposite thing is true.
The intelligence services were telling him in January that COVID-19 would be a problem. He denied that at the time, and continues to deny it now, even after almost 150,000 deaths in the US.
The intelligence services were telling him that Russia acted to illegally influence the 2016 election, and he still insists that Russia had nothing to do with it.
He insists that, in fact, Ukraine was the one illegally influencing the 2016 election, even though his own intelligence services can find zero evidence for this claim. Even his own hand-picked minions like Rudy Giuliani couldn't find the evidence for him, but he continues to make this claim.
He insists that "millions" of fraudulent votes were cast in 2016, despite his own investigation turning up virtually zero evidence of voter fraud on any scale, let alone an organized fraud involving millions of ballots.
So there would be nothing surprising in him expressing belief in the standard Truther Talking Points, even if he'd reviewed every single classified document available to the US government, and found that they contained no evidence for an inside job, and copious evidence that it was bin Laden and Al Qaeda that did it.
I don't think Trump really believes many things he says. He's a politician who needs to play voter demographics and appeal to them so they continue their support. That's part of how he got so close to winning in 2020. That seems ridiculous to say though that voter fraud didn't happen in 2016 even at a small scale.
Lupus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th November 2020, 02:19 AM   #108
Dave Rogers
Bandaged ice that stampedes inexpensively through a scribbled morning waving necessary ankles
 
Dave Rogers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Cair Paravel, according to XKCD
Posts: 32,368
Originally Posted by Lupus View Post
Like I said if he believes it was an inside job then it is one. I'm hearing now that Trump knew about it all along and wrote about it in his book "The America we Deserve" from 2000. This was the video,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Su4HTAWiSw
That's an impressive piece of illogic even for a conspiracy theorist. You're saying that Trump has had access to all the secrets as President, so if he thought 9/11 was an inside job before he had access to those secrets then he must have been right. A sane person might think it more likely that, since he's said nothing about it since being elected, his earlier suspicions turned out to be unfounded - though, of course, that would imply rationality on his part. A sane person might also note that your implied claim entails two causality violations, not just one.

By the way, if you want to refer to something written in a book, quote what was written in the book. I'm not wasting my time with yet another conspiracist YouTube video.

Dave
__________________
There is truth and there are lies.

- President Joseph R. Biden, January 20th, 2021
Dave Rogers is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th November 2020, 05:03 AM   #109
JSanderO
Illuminator
 
JSanderO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: nyc
Posts: 3,088
DT doesn't read... he watches TV, maybe some things on the www and listens to right wing talk radio... Anything he spouts came from his exposure to those sources. He's demonstrated that beyond a shadow of a doubt.... he is dumb as a fence post.
__________________
So many idiots and so little time.
JSanderO is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th November 2020, 05:57 PM   #110
beachnut
Penultimate Amazing
 
beachnut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Dog House
Posts: 25,837
Clownstick is a truther, he believes and spreads dirt dumb stupid conspiracy theories = Truther - Clueless liar has no clue he signs legislation started by what he calls, evil democrat's, don't tell his cult minions he signs democrat legislation... they might esplode...
__________________
"Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen" - Albert Einstein
"... education as the means of developing our greatest abilities" - JFK
https://folding.stanford.edu/ fold with your computer - join team 13232
beachnut is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th November 2020, 05:09 AM   #111
Cosmic Yak
Illuminator
 
Cosmic Yak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Where there's never a road broader than the back of your hand.
Posts: 3,909
Originally Posted by Lupus View Post
Like I said if he believes it was an inside job then it is one. I'm hearing now that Trump knew about it all along and wrote about it in his book "The America we Deserve" from 2000. This was the video,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Su4HTAWiSw
Then all I can say is that what you're hearing is wrong.
Trump, in his book, predicted that there would be a major terrorist attack in America, most probably from Bin Laden or someone like him.
At no point did he say he knew it was an inside job.
https://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/do.../20/id/697131/
__________________
Fortuna Faveat Fatuis
Cosmic Yak is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th November 2020, 05:51 AM   #112
Dave Rogers
Bandaged ice that stampedes inexpensively through a scribbled morning waving necessary ankles
 
Dave Rogers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Cair Paravel, according to XKCD
Posts: 32,368
Originally Posted by Cosmic Yak View Post
Trump, in his book, predicted that there would be a major terrorist attack in America, most probably from Bin Laden or someone like him.
I think that explains his election strategy. His ghostwriter must have told him terrorism was the number one threat to the USA, and we all know how much he hates coming second.

Dave
__________________
There is truth and there are lies.

- President Joseph R. Biden, January 20th, 2021
Dave Rogers is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th November 2020, 07:41 AM   #113
beachnut
Penultimate Amazing
 
beachnut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Dog House
Posts: 25,837
Originally Posted by Cosmic Yak View Post
Then all I can say is that what you're hearing is wrong.
Trump, in his book, predicted that there would be a major terrorist attack in America, most probably from Bin Laden or someone like him.
At no point did he say he knew it was an inside job.
https://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/do.../20/id/697131/
Originally Posted by Dave Rogers View Post
I think that explains his election strategy. His ghostwriter must have told him terrorism was the number one threat to the USA, and we all know how much he hates coming second.

Dave
Originally Posted by Lupus View Post
Missed all these replies... Here's a late response.



Like I said if he believes it was an inside job then it is one. I'm hearing now that Trump knew about it all along and wrote about it in his book "The America we Deserve" from 2000. This was the video,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Su4HTAWiSw



I don't think a detail like that would be hid away from the president. Never mind that he has people to read records for him.



I don't think Trump really believes many things he says. He's a politician who needs to play voter demographics and appeal to them so they continue their support. That's part of how he got so close to winning in 2020. That seems ridiculous to say though that voter fraud didn't happen in 2016 even at a small scale.

Trump brags about stuff, and after things happens he acts as if he predicted it... except when he lost the election, he remains clueless, failed to stop windmill cancer. He remains the sharpie fake weather map failure.

He mentions UBL in his book, later he claims he knew it all...
https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wire...laden-66566713

Poor guy, had no clue, as he claims nobody really knew UBL in 2000, but after 9/11 the story and his bragging continue unchecked, he is never "wrong", he is a "winner"... never can admit he is wrong, or dumber than dirt.

https://www.factcheck.org/2015/12/tr...en-prediction/

Newmax sucks = questionable source
__________________
"Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen" - Albert Einstein
"... education as the means of developing our greatest abilities" - JFK
https://folding.stanford.edu/ fold with your computer - join team 13232
beachnut is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th December 2020, 08:41 PM   #114
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing
 
dudalb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 50,334
Speaking of Trump and the Truth Movement, you don't here much about 9/11 from Alex Jones, once pretty much king of the truthers, since he became a Trump supporter.
__________________
Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty.

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Reply

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:21 AM.
Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

This forum began as part of the James Randi Education Foundation (JREF). However, the forum now exists as
an independent entity with no affiliation with or endorsement by the JREF, including the section in reference to "JREF" topics.

Disclaimer: Messages posted in the Forum are solely the opinion of their authors.