IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags donald trump , lying charges , Russia conspiracies , Trump controversies , Trump-Russia connections , US-Russia relations , vladimir putin

Old 21st December 2020, 03:27 AM   #1201
Squeegee Beckenheim
Penultimate Amazing

Here's a reddit post with sources, which lays out the defunding of cyber-security programmes
Old 21st December 2020, 04:40 AM   #1202
BazBear
Possible Suspect

Location: Slightly Over The Hill, Not Too Far Around The Bend
Originally Posted by Darat View Post
Only if they are illegal aliens.
Guardians of the Galaxy U.S./Mexican Border!
BazBear is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st December 2020, 04:41 AM   #1203
Aridas
Crazy Little Green Dragon

Originally Posted by Squeegee Beckenheim View Post
Worth bearing in mind that Trump defunded cybersecurity departments.
Including ending cybersecurity teams which had specific focus on Russia, if I'm hearing correctly.
Old 21st December 2020, 10:41 PM   #1204
timhau
NWO Litter Technician

Location: Looks like Finland. Smells like Finland. Quacks like Finland. Where the hell am I?
Originally Posted by Aridas View Post
Including ending cybersecurity teams which had specific focus on Russia, if I'm hearing correctly.
Why use all that money when you can just ask Putin?
Old 20th January 2021, 11:16 AM   #1205
Segnosaur
Penultimate Amazing

(Thread Bump)

Not sure if this means anything, but:

AP (via an ABC affiliate)
In his final full day in office, President Donald Trump says he has declassified information related to the FBI’s investigation into ties between Russia and his 2016 presidential campaign.
Trump says he has accepted redactions proposed by the FBI, which had objected to the declassification.

Not sure what his game is here... is it an attempt to scuttle any remaining investigations?

I'm Mary Poppin's Y'all! - Yondu

We are Groot - Groot
Segnosaur is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th January 2021, 12:00 PM   #1206
TragicMonkey
Poisoned Waffles

I can't get over Putin's "alleged" billion dollar palace. Not that he has it. That apparently it's only got 11 bedrooms. You can get a 4 bedroom house here for under 300k. A billion dollars and he only gets 11 bedrooms? He got ripped off. Or "whoever the real owner is" did.
Old 20th January 2021, 12:07 PM   #1207
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

Originally Posted by TragicMonkey View Post
I can't get over Putin's "alleged" billion dollar palace. Not that he has it. That apparently it's only got 11 bedrooms. You can get a 4 bedroom house here for under 300k. A billion dollars and he only gets 11 bedrooms? He got ripped off. Or "whoever the real owner is" did.
ah, but Putin's Pad has 11 Golden Showers.
The Great Zaganza is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th January 2021, 12:11 PM   #1208
Mader Levap
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by TragicMonkey View Post
I am sure it did not cost that much. Difference goes straight to Putin's pocket.
Old 29th January 2021, 01:37 AM   #1209
Aridas

‘The perfect target’: Russia cultivated Trump as asset for 40 years – ex-KGB spy
Old 29th January 2021, 02:25 AM   #1210
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

Originally Posted by Aridas View Post
as the article mentions, it is hard to understand why Mueller didn't investigate the hundreds of contacts between Trump and Russia.
The Great Zaganza is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th January 2021, 02:33 AM   #1211
Susheel
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by The Great Zaganza View Post
as the article mentions, it is hard to understand why Mueller didn't investigate the hundreds of contacts between Trump and Russia.
I will just leave this here:

Trump and Putin discuss The Americans
Old 29th January 2021, 03:04 AM   #1212
Aridas

Originally Posted by The Great Zaganza View Post
Perhaps. There's a few considerations in play, though, likely. First, Mueller was sticking fairly well to campaign matters. He apparently referred a whole bunch of things to the FBI, who supposedly should have been handling the more general stuff and counter-intelligence stuff. Also of particular note, though - Rosenstein, who controlled what he could investigate, apparently killed his ability to investigate into Trump-Russia connections... without informing the FBI of his decision to do so. So, we pretty much had a situation where Mueller and the FBI both thought that the other was handling that, because of Rosenstein, the guy who helped Trump come up with an excuse to fire Comey.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics