ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Economics, Business and Finance

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old Yesterday, 03:27 PM   #3161
Joecool
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Gaetan View Post
Why would you need money if everything is free of charge? All you have to do to keep free stuff is to do some work for the community. To gather food and water it is work, you'd rather to do that than simply keep your job?
I've said this before but I will repeat it. My job pays well, but it's not the most pleasant work. But I do it because it feeds my family and even allows for some luxuries and several family vacations each year.

But in a "free" Gaetan world. why would I want to do unpleasant work when everything is "free"? I would want an easier job like professional golfer or taking pictures of bikini models.

If there's no money, you don't have for profit companies so there won't be cars or planes or gasoline or grocery stores. People will have to hunt and gather and farm to make a living. When things become free, it will be first come first served or might makes right.

People will be killing others for a chicken because that chicken might represent tonight's dinner instead of starving.

This is the world Gaetan wants us to have. He must be evil.
Joecool is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 03:41 PM   #3162
Gaetan
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Joecool View Post
I've said this before but I will repeat it. My job pays well, but it's not the most pleasant work. But I do it because it feeds my family and even allows for some luxuries and several family vacations each year.
There would be no problem to change job because you'll have free stuff no matter what you do.

Quote:
But in a "free" Gaetan world. why would I want to do unpleasant work when everything is "free"?
You won't have to do that because unpleasant work will only be done by people who like to do what you call unpleasant.

Quote:
I would want an easier job like professional golfer or taking pictures of bikini models.
I don't think that we'll need professional golfer because these people play golf for money but off course you'll be able to practice your favorite sport
Gaetan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 03:48 PM   #3163
RoboTimbo
Hostile Nanobacon

There would be no problem to change job because you'll have free stuff no matter what you do.
Awesome! I'll be a bikini model photographer and super car test driver.

Quote:
You won't have to do that because unpleasant work will only be done by people who like to do what you call unpleasant.
Awesome! You can clean my toilet.

Quote:
I don't think that we'll need professional golfer because these people play golf for money but off course you'll be able to practice your favorite sport
Who put you in charge of dictating what a job is?
RoboTimbo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 04:02 PM   #3164
fagin
Philosopher

I'll be a brain surgeon.

Now where's my old Stanley knife?
Old Yesterday, 04:30 PM   #3165
Joecool
Master Poster

So instead of being a manager with hundreds of employees I can sweep floors and have the same lifestyle? Sign me up.

I don't know of anyone who will "want" to clean toilets and grease traps. How will you get people to do these unpleasant tasks?

So instead of money, I'll just golf for free. Sounds like a plan.
Joecool is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 04:36 PM   #3166
Gaetan
Master Poster

So instead of being a manager with hundreds of employees I can sweep floors and have the same lifestyle? Sign me up.

I don't know of anyone who will "want" to clean toilets and grease traps. How will you get people to do these unpleasant tasks?

So instead of money, I'll just golf for free. Sounds like a plan.
You said that you will work in food business, you change your mind?
''my day would consist of gathering food and water ''
Gaetan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 04:48 PM   #3167
Joecool
Master Poster

You said that you will work in food business, you change your mind?
''my day would consist of gathering food and water ''
If your no money craziness resulted in me having to provide for my family, I will gather food and water for my family and that's about it.

I'm not going to do it for others except maybe helping out friends.
Old Yesterday, 04:55 PM   #3168
Gaetan
Master Poster

If your no money craziness resulted in me having to provide for my family, I will gather food and water for my family and that's about it.

I'm not going to do it for others except maybe helping out friends.
Then if there is no opportunity to work as a bikini photographer, you'll work producing food. We already got 3 guys here on this forum to produce food, i guess there will have too much food produced, we'll have to send you play golf or do another job, just too bad.

Last edited by Gaetan; Yesterday at 05:00 PM.
Old Yesterday, 05:24 PM   #3169
BStrong
Penultimate Amazing

Great, i got two person to work on food production on this forum.
Only the devil satan puts themselves in front of Jesus H Christ. You are devil satan controlled.

"Dulce bellum inexpertīs." - Erasmus
BStrong is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 07:17 PM   #3170
RoboTimbo
Hostile Nanobacon

Then if there is no opportunity to work as a bikini photographer,
What do you mean "opportunity"? Everyone has the same opportunity to be a bikini model photographer, don't they?

Quote:
you'll work producing food.
And there it is. Gaetan the dictator.

Quote:
We already got 3 guys here on this forum to produce food, i guess there will have too much food produced, we'll have to send you play golf or do another job, just too bad.
But we'll all have yachts and mansions, right? After all, everything is free.
RoboTimbo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 10:41 PM   #3171
Joecool
Master Poster

Then if there is no opportunity to work as a bikini photographer, you'll work producing food. We already got 3 guys here on this forum to produce food, i guess there will have too much food produced, we'll have to send you play golf or do another job, just too bad.
"Producing" food? What would I do? Kill some toads and chickens? Dig up earthworms. Plant some carrots? I don't know how to produce food.

I am a manager for a company and I have 200 employees. I hire and fire and take care of business. I don't "produce" food other than going to the store and buying it.

In your no money world, will the janitors become brain surgeons and the brain surgeons become fishermen? Because if that happens, I can predict the outcome.
Old Yesterday, 10:47 PM   #3172
Gaetan
Master Poster

"Producing" food? What would I do? Kill some toads and chickens? Dig up earthworms. Plant some carrots? I don't know how to produce food.

I am a manager for a company and I have 200 employees. I hire and fire and take care of business. I don't "produce" food other than going to the store and buying it.

In your no money world, will the janitors become brain surgeons and the brain surgeons become fishermen? Because if that happens, I can predict the outcome.
Don't worry, remember playing blocks when you was young, every blocks will fall into place.
Old Yesterday, 11:00 PM   #3173
Gaetan
Master Poster

Originally Posted by The Man View Post
Great, whenever "the community" figures that out, I'll still be providing for my family first.
Error, what you said is satanic, always protect stranger first and last you and your family because the devil will take you and your family, from a medium who know these things, me.
Old Today, 05:20 AM   #3174
RoboTimbo
Hostile Nanobacon

Don't worry, remember playing blocks when you was young, every blocks will fall into place.
Blocks have already fallen into place. You want to knock them over and burn them.
Old Today, 05:23 AM   #3175
RoboTimbo
Hostile Nanobacon

Error, what you said is satanic, always protect stranger first and last you and your family because the devil will take you and your family, from a medium who know these things, me.
Come clean all of our bathrooms first and then you can clean your own.

If you don't, you're satanic.
Old Today, 06:45 AM   #3176
kayle
Critical Thinker

we'll have to send you play golf or do another job, just too bad.
who will be those 'we'? can I be one of you and decide on such issues? or you mean a referendum of the entire Earth population will decide these matters like sending someone to play golf as a job?
kayle is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 07:52 AM   #3177
Gaetan
Master Poster

Originally Posted by kayle View Post
who will be those 'we'? can I be one of you and decide on such issues? or you mean a referendum of the entire Earth population will decide these matters like sending someone to play golf as a job?
That's what he wanted to do, play golf instead working, no one will have to do work he don't want because every thing is free of charge, this is not the case actually, people have to do a job if he wants to have a decent life.
Old Today, 08:00 AM   #3178
Leftus
Muse

Originally Posted by The Man View Post
Absolutely, as my job doesn't directly produce food and water. My first goal is to ensure food, water and such for my family.

Or taking what, "free stuff" still doesn't create unlimited resources. What good does it do to have free Gaetan gruel for all if the supply runs out before you get out of work?
Yeah, I've raised the limited resources problem before but it just get ignored. I had hoped he would have at least addressed the infrastructure you need to audit who is taking and who is giving. And then figure out who gets to enforce his rules. At best, we all become chattel. That is why I would switch my job to highwayman. Better hours.
Leftus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 08:32 AM   #3179
Gaetan
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Leftus View Post
Yeah, I've raised the limited resources problem before but it just get ignored. I had hoped he would have at least addressed the infrastructure you need to audit who is taking and who is giving. And then figure out who gets to enforce his rules. At best, we all become chattel. That is why I would switch my job to highwayman. Better hours.
This is not when people are in misery as it is now in most countries of the world that you can have the infrastructures to save ressources. If people need more, you produce more and recycle what is useless.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Economics, Business and Finance