ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags 2016 elections , Clinton controversies , hillary clinton , James Comey , presidential candidates

Old 18th October 2017, 11:24 AM   #3281
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Imhotep View Post
I might tend to agree with you if Hillary wasn't re-inserting herself into the news cycle of late. Plus there's the breaking story about the deal with the Russians. That's irrespective of TBD's alleged inability to let her go, however.
I started a new thread on this vital uranium issue
Old 18th October 2017, 11:57 AM   #3282
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

I think it's safe to say that while Hillary Clinton is done being president, she'll continue to occasionally beclown herself and her party for years to come. And as long as she's publishing books, appearing on talk shows, and tweeting about social issues and current events, conservatives will be happy to note her activities in passing. Even though progressives really wish they wouldn't, and keep trying to pretend its the conservatives' fault she won't go away. In a sense, which I alluded to above, she is both done and not done. Not so much like the physicist's feline, as like an undead Elder God of the Democratic party.

Kind of like Jimmy Carter.

Last edited by theprestige; 18th October 2017 at 11:59 AM.
theprestige is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th October 2017, 11:59 AM   #3283
Argumemnon
World Maker

Originally Posted by theprestige View Post
I think it's safe to say that while Hillary Clinton is done being president, she'll continue to occasionally beclown herself and her party for years to come.
As opposed to a person who isn't done being president, who'll continue to constantly beclown himself and his party for years to come.

Argumemnon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th October 2017, 12:06 PM   #3284
WilliamSeger
Master Poster

Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
****, if I had half the "thing" for Hillary that some posters around here have for The Big Dog, that indeed would be something.
[voice "andrew-dice-clay"] Yeah, I got a "thing" for you.[/voice]
WilliamSeger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th October 2017, 12:58 PM   #3285
Giordano
Penultimate Amazing

"trump's refusal to stop bashing her."

Oh dear, has mean Old Trump FORCED Hillary to publish a dreadful book and spend the next month creating a slime trail around the world to market it?

say, you get a gander on where a bunch of that "charity' money came from that Hillary and her posse were bragging about?
What about all those many months before Hillary published her book?

Trump vis-a-vis H. Clinton is like the used car salesman who can't stop telling everyone about their big touchdown as a high school half-back 20 years earlier. But then again, Trump can't afford to have Hillary "done." He needs her as someone to blame for his mistakes.

BTW: was I correct in my answer to your question as to who bumped the thread?

Last edited by Giordano; 18th October 2017 at 01:10 PM. Reason: corrected language error
Giordano is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th October 2017, 01:08 PM   #3286
Argumemnon
World Maker

Originally Posted by Giordano View Post
Trump visa vie H. Clinton
I had to read that a few times to get it.

It's vis-ŕ-vis!

Argumemnon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th October 2017, 01:12 PM   #3287
Giordano
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Argumemnon View Post
I had to read that a few times to get it.

It's vis-ŕ-vis!
Thank you- now fixed.

Gee- I kind of knew that in the back of my brain but I couldn't summon it up to the front when I needed it!
Giordano is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th October 2017, 01:16 PM   #3288
Giordano
Penultimate Amazing

****, if I had half the "thing" for Hillary that some posters around here have for The Big Dog, that indeed would be something.

[snip]
Do you know the old joke about the guy being shown Rorschach blots by his psychiatrist? For every blot the patient says, "I see two people having sex." At the end of the session the psychiatrist says, "I think you may be a bit obsessed with sex." The patient is very offended and replies, "Hey, you're the one with the dirty pictures!"
Old 18th October 2017, 01:43 PM   #3289
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

As opposed to a person who isn't done being president, who'll continue to constantly beclown himself and his party for years to come. : D
Argumemnon, what exactly is your problem with this thread?
theprestige is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th October 2017, 03:33 PM   #3290
Giordano
Penultimate Amazing

I propose an experiment: will Hillary disappear from the public consciousness if The Big Dog changes his avatar?
Old 18th October 2017, 06:22 PM   #3291
Noztradamus
Illuminator

It was closer to 70% based on what we knew beforehand.

I think people actually enjoy being ignorant of how statistics work.
I confess. I just grabbed the 98% out of the air.

My natural pessimism caused me to bid low.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a7399671.html
Quote:
Scientist Sam Wang believes the game is over for Donald Trump Getty
A survey*from the Princeton Election Consortium has found that Hillary Clinton has a 99 per cent chance of winning the election over Donald Trump.
Three days before the election, Ms Clinton has a projected 312 electoral votes, compared to 226 for Mr Trump. A total of 270 electoral votes are needed to win.
The probability statistic was found by the university’s statistical Bayesian model.
Old 18th October 2017, 06:24 PM   #3292
Ron_Tomkins
Satan's Helper

Hillary Clinton is indeed done. Has been done for quite a while already.

... unlike this thread, which for some reason, keeps going despite that fact.

Carl Sagan
Ron_Tomkins is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th October 2017, 04:24 AM   #3293
Random
Master Poster

The right-wing needs their Emmanuel Goldstein...
Old 19th October 2017, 06:52 AM   #3294
Giordano
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Random View Post
The right-wing needs their Emmanuel Goldstein...
I got it- thank god for high school English literature class!
Old 19th October 2017, 06:59 AM   #3295
Argumemnon
World Maker

Originally Posted by Giordano View Post
Thank you- now fixed.

Gee- I kind of knew that in the back of my brain but I couldn't summon it up to the front when I needed it!
That's ok. French is hard.

Originally Posted by theprestige View Post
Argumemnon, what exactly is your problem with this thread?
What, you don't think it was a good comeback?

Originally Posted by Noztradamus View Post
I confess. I just grabbed the 98% out of the air.

My natural pessimism caused me to bid low.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a7399671.html
Gee, other people who don't understand statistics! That'll support your claim, I'm sure. Thanks for doubling down.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics