IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Trials and Errors

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 1st November 2017, 05:23 PM   #1
JoeMorgue
Self Employed
Remittance Man

Jail nurse accused of performing exorcism on inmate

http://myfox8.com/2017/11/01/i-revok...ism-on-inmate/

Quote:
OKLAHOMA CITY -- An Oklahoma jail nurse is accused of performing an exorcism instead of helping an inmate having a seizure.

According to The Oklahoman, witnesses say 67-year-old Linda Herlong Jackson performed the exorcism instead of helping the combative inmate.

During the Feb. 10 incident, Jackson allegedly uttered the words, "I revoke you demons." A deputy was eventually able to step in and stopped the exorcism.

The inmate, identified as 32-year-old Amanda Freeman, died the next day. An autopsy determined she died from a coronary event due to methamphetamine use.
Old 2nd November 2017, 04:59 PM   #2
Ampulla of Vater
Illuminator

Originally Posted by JoeBentley View Post
It troubles me how prevalent this deliverance ministry **** is. My own father thinks he is an exorcist. It drives me crazy.
Ampulla of Vater is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd November 2017, 09:17 AM   #3
Dumb All Over
A Little Ugly on the Side

Location: They call it the Earth (which is a dumb kinda name)
Exorcism stopped. Demon-possessed dies.

Perhaps they should not have stopped it?
The Three Word Story Pledge of Allegiance- "I Hereby swear upon Engelbert's grave that I will gallop, not stride run, not walk posting three words on Shemp's honor, honoring: bananas, dwarfs, clarinets, [the 7th naughty forum word], haggis, Batman, nuns, wombats until such time as I'm sober. Or dead."
"Some people have a way with words, other people...Um...Oh...Uh, not have way." -Steve Martin
Dumb All Over is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Trials and Errors