IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Trials and Errors

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags Amanda Knox , Italy cases , Meredith Kercher , murder cases , Raffaele Sollecito

Closed Thread
Old 11th August 2017, 10:04 AM   #521
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Bill Williams View Post
At the risk of being argumentative, Stacyhs, even this has nothing at all to do with the trials.

The issue is - why did Mignini need to make something sexual out of this, meaning why did he need to incorporate "sex-game gone wrong", which even the 2013 Cassation ruling said was the forgotten, unexplored motive to this crime?

Mignini at his 2009 closing argument, made this into a psycho-sexual contest that Amanda had imaged in her head about Meredith. Mignini-surrogates since have taken that as permission to venture into all sorts of psychopathological fantasies......

....... none of which are supported at ANY of the courts, much less the two courts which convicted. (That was the very reason why the 2013 Cassation court directed the, then, Nencini trial to re-explore, "sex-game gone wrong", which both the new prosecutor, Crini, and the court itself completely ignored.)

Other that Rudy Guede's non-consentual leaving of his DNA in the victim, no one else had a sexual motive for anything - even Judge Massei conceded that in his 2010 Motivations report, when he says he can see no reason why Amanda would have had a motive to urge Rudy to sexually assault Meredith.

It's why when the Mignini-surrogates go in that direction, they are trying, really, to rehabilitate Mignini - who lost. He did not just lose at the 2015 Cassation acquittals - which called his investigation "amnesiac" - he lost even at the courts which convicted; who'd abandoned his wild theories.

Those who are Mignini-surrogates are only taking orders.
I agree it has nothing to do with the trials, but it has everything to do with the behavior of the PGP. As I've said before, this entire case, including how the pro-guilt faction behaves online, makes a fascinating psychological study.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 11th August 2017, 10:13 AM   #522
Bill Williams
Penultimate Amazing

Marco Chiacchiera

Correct me if I'm wrong. Marco Chiacchiera is the only cop from the Perugian Questura not to be charged with a crime, or having allegedly abused a suspect at interrogation.

Think "The Toe of Italy".

Chiacchiera is being transferred to Lamezia Terme in Calabria. A sideways move. This is about it for the clowns who advanced a wrongful prosecution.

Wow. Just wow.
Old 11th August 2017, 11:32 AM   #523
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Vixen View Post

Quote:
They interrogated me for 53 hours over five days.

A blatant lie. Oh well, not a reliable witness, then.

Amanda Knox walked into the police station - voluntarily - at 10:30. Police told her to go home. She insisted in waiting for her boyfriend and offered to help police provide a list of persons frequenting the cottage. By 1:30 in the morning, she had signed a statement confessing to having met 'Patrick' at the basketball court outside the cottage and taken him round to have sex with Mez. She even relates all this later by her own hand in her Prison Diary.

In less than three hours, Knox had accused an 'impoverished black man', struggling in a start up business, of raping and murdering her roommate in her presence.

'53 hours of interrogation' is the same deviant type of lie as 'It could have been me', to get herself off the hook.
What part of "over five days" did you not understand? The amount of hours of being at the questura or at the cottage with the police is documented by the defense in the calunnia appeal:

Quote:
Knox was subjected from November 2 to November 6 2007 to a total of 53,45 hours in the hands
of the Judicial Authority between questioning and inspections at Via della Pergola.
Quote:
Amanda Knox è stata sottoposta ad esame ed attività investigative e tra il 2 e il 6 novembre 2007, fino al momento del fermo, ha fornito sommarie informazioni e risposto a domande della A.G. come segue:
2 novembre 2007, ore 15.30 VENERDI’: totale ore ………….. 12,00
Verbale di sommarie informazioni della Knox, senza indicazione della chiusura. Testimoni fino alle 3.00 am del 3 novembre 2007
3 novembre 2007, ore 14.45 SABATO totale ore ……………… 8,00
Verbale di sommarie informazioni della Knox, senza indicazione della chiusura. Testimoni indicano fino alle 22,00.
4 novembre 2007, ore 14.45 DOMENICA: totale ore …………. 12,00
Verbale di sommarie informazioni della Knox, ed accesso alla villetta di Via della Pergola dalle ore 14.45 alle ore 21. Telefonata di Amanda alla zia dice 5 ore di interrogatorio in questura
5/6 novembre 2007, ore 01.45 LUNEDI’/MARTEDI’: totale ore ……..5,00
Verbale di sommarie informazioni della Knox inizio alle ore 22.00 del 5 novembre 2009.
6 novembre 2007, ore 05.45 MARTEDI’: totale ore ……………….3,45
Verbale di “spontanee dichiarazioni” della Knox con successivo breve memoriale. Dalle ore 1,45 alle 5,45 e memoriale alle ore 14,00.
In 5 giorni la Knox è stata sentita per un totale di circa 53,45 h. Per chiarezza di esposizione si riassume la tempistica delle indagini nei confronti della Knox relativa ai cruciali giorni 5, 6 novembre 2007:

Total: 53.45 hours
Do you have access to the police records to ascertain exactly where and when Amanda was questioned or with the police at the cottage? No? I didn't think so.

Are you ignorant of the fact that exhaustion and its debilitating effects are cumulative? The evidence that she was exhausted by Nov 5/6 includes:

1) her statement in the memorial:
"In regards to this "confession" that I made last night, I want to make clear that I'm very doubtful of the verity of my statements because they were made under the pressures of stress, shock and extreme exhaustion.

2) the testimony of Aida Colantone (interpreter)
"At a certain moment, I don’t know if I had gone away for a moment to speak with someone from the Flying Squad or something, in passing that room, returning to this room where I remember [Amanda] was alone, it was only her, and I was practically…I understood that this girl was truly fatigued, exhausted, she was tired because I practically found her, she was draped on a seat with her head reclined toward the wall, white in the face, with her eyes closed, white, I was very struck by her pallor and I understood that this girl was in bad shape."

3) the testimony of Rita Ficarra
"
The girl continued to talk and said that she was fed up with the fact that she was recalled multiple times by the police and that she was simply tired. At that point I reprimanded her again because I said, “You’re tired, but you came tonight, and no one invited you here. You could have been resting.” Furthermore – I said – “you don’t understand that we’re talking about a murder, of a person who you say was your friend. You lived in the same house. It happened in your house. If the police calls you, put yourself in our shoes. We need useful information.”

Your claim here, and elsewhere, that Knox did not endure 53 hours of interrogation is false.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 11th August 2017, 11:44 AM   #524
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post
I noted years ago that the PGP often tend to have some kind of fascination with Amanda's sex life, both before and after the murder. They are prone to slut-shaming, calling her a s**t, wh***, nymphomaniac, accusing her of cheating on boyfriends, of using sex to get jobs, etc. This obsession with her sex life is psychologically fascinating.

Quote:
“Women are indeed very capable of aggressing against others, especially women they perceive as rivals,” said Dr. Vaillancourt, now a psychologist at the University of Ottawa. “The research also shows that suppression of female sexuality is by women, not necessarily by men.
”Stigmatizing female promiscuity — a.k.a. slut-shaming — has often been blamed on men, who have a Darwinian incentive to discourage their spouses from straying. But they also have a Darwinian incentive to encourage other women to be promiscuous. Dr. Vaillancourt said the experiment and other research suggest the stigma is enforced mainly by women.
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/11/19/sc...pagewanted=all

It is also noted in the same article that married women are less inclined to this kind of catty behavior than single (and that would include older divorced/widowed) women:

Quote:
The results of the experiment jibe with evidence that this “mean girl” form of indirect aggression is used more by adolescents and young women than by older women, who have less incentive to handicap rivals once they marry. Other studies have shown that the more attractive an adolescent girl or woman is, the more likely she is to become a target for indirect aggression from her female peers.
Does this need to slut-shame, denigrate, and insult younger and more attractive females have a connection to sexual frustration in older, single, less attractive women who just aren't getting sex anymore? I suspect it does.
I absolutely believe this nails it. While there certainly are men that are sexist and misogynistic who hold double standards I do believe they constitute a minority of men. I know I have certainly seen far more women engage in slut shaming then men.

There must be something biological that encourages women to consciously or subconsciously compete against each other and slut shaming is just one way it manifests itself.
Old 11th August 2017, 11:48 AM   #525
Welshman
Muse

What part of "over five days" did you not understand? The amount of hours of being at the questura or at the cottage with the police is documented by the defense in the calunnia appeal:

Do you have access to the police records to ascertain exactly where and when Amanda was questioned or with the police at the cottage? No? I didn't think so.

Are you ignorant of the fact that exhaustion and its debilitating effects are cumulative? The evidence that she was exhausted by Nov 5/6 includes:

"In regards to this "confession" that I made last night, I want to make clear that I'm very doubtful of the verity of my statements because they were made under the pressures of stress, shock and extreme exhaustion.

"At a certain moment, I don’t know if I had gone away for a moment to speak with someone from the Flying Squad or something, in passing that room, returning to this room where I remember [Amanda] was alone, it was only her, and I was practically…I understood that this girl was truly fatigued, exhausted, she was tired because I practically found her, she was draped on a seat with her head reclined toward the wall, white in the face, with her eyes closed, white, I was very struck by her pallor and I understood that this girl was in bad shape."

"
The girl continued to talk and said that she was fed up with the fact that she was recalled multiple times by the police and that she was simply tired. At that point I reprimanded her again because I said, “You’re tired, but you came tonight, and no one invited you here. You could have been resting.” Furthermore – I said – “you don’t understand that we’re talking about a murder, of a person who you say was your friend. You lived in the same house. It happened in your house. If the police calls you, put yourself in our shoes. We need useful information.”

Your claim here, and elsewhere, that Knox did not endure 53 hours of interrogation is false.
PGP falsely accuse Amanda of lying and have the cheek to attack Amanda for lying.
Welshman is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 11th August 2017, 11:53 AM   #526
Mike1711
Muse

Adversarial (us) versus inquisitorial (Latin countries and South Africa, strangely) is simply a description of the process.

It is the case in all modern justice systems of either type that Appeals courts, and the Supreme Court, are purely there to oversee that the law has been applied correctly.

Fact finding is 100% the remit of the trial court, and in the UK/USA formula a trial verdict by a jury of defendants peers is sacrosanct and cannot be changed except on a specif point of law, which usually has five subcategories. In italy, one of these subcategories and the most common point of appeal, is that of 'internal contradiction' in the MR. UK/USA verdict rarely have written reasons at all and successful applications for an appeal are relatively rare. In Italy every defendant has an automatic two appeals, one of which is the Supreme Court, if they wish. Catch is, the prosecution can also appeal.

So, in effect, should an appeal win re 'internal contradiction', all aan appeal/Supreme Court are remitted to do is send it back to a merits court for the facts to be reassessed as prescribed by the Appeal/Supreme Court as per the point of law in (potential) error.

Mignini is correct that Marasca erred in this matter.
A little knowledge is dangerous, Vixen.

Google is your friend...

https://www.findanattorney.co.za/con...s-legal-system

I have neither the time nor the energy to pull you up on this in any more detail than a pointer. Just limit your comments to your knowledge. That should shorten your comments enormously.

Last edited by Mike1711; 11th August 2017 at 12:19 PM.
Mike1711 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 11th August 2017, 02:52 PM   #527
Bill Williams
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Mike1711 View Post
I have neither the time nor the energy to pull you up on this in any more detail than a pointer. Just limit your comments to your knowledge. That should shorten your comments enormously.
It's amazing that anyone of us has the energy.

As an aside, the "Comments Section" on the recent Rolling Stone article has broken out into open warfare, reminiscent of earlier times.

If anyone doubted that there were trolls out there ready to pounce with death threats and such, just take a peek over there. This ISF/JREF thread looks sane by comparison!
Old 11th August 2017, 04:59 PM   #528
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

It's amazing that anyone of us has the energy.

As an aside, the "Comments Section" on the recent Rolling Stone article has broken out into open warfare, reminiscent of earlier times.

If anyone doubted that there were trolls out there ready to pounce with death threats and such, just take a peek over there. This ISF/JREF thread looks sane by comparison!
As I said earlier regarding that comments section, the usual crazies have come out in force. One in particular has multiple ID's and likes to post supporting remarks between them making it look like there are multiple people in agreement. He's been doing it for years. That takes a really sick mind.
Old 11th August 2017, 05:06 PM   #529
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Google is your friend...

It was just a typo. "Adversarial" and "inquisitorial" are just 7-9 keys different. Could happen to anyone.
Old 11th August 2017, 05:18 PM   #530
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Welshman View Post
PGP falsely accuse Amanda of lying and have the cheek to attack Amanda for lying.
Add to the long hours of questioning and the emotional shock of having your roommate raped and murdered the fact the Amanda had just gotten her period. Any woman knows how fatigued the first couple of days can make you feel. For some women, it can be so draining they have to stay home from work. I wouldn't doubt it had a lot to do with why Amanda was described by Colantone as being so "white in the face" and why she "was struck by her pallor ".
Old 11th August 2017, 08:17 PM   #531
Numbers
Philosopher

Google is your friend...

The relevance of the citation, which discusses the South African judicial system in the context of the Oscar Pistorius trial, to the Italian judicial system may be unclear.

For the record, I will again post the provisions of Italian law (from the Italian Code of Criminal Procedure, CPP) that give the Italian Supreme Court of Cassation (CSC) the authority to acquit an appealed case without remanding that case to a lower court - thus, annulling the case. The English translation is from The Italian Code of Criminal Procedure: Critical Essays and English Translation, Gialuz, Luparia, and Scarpa (editors), Wolters Kluwer Italia (c) 2014.

Article 620 Annulment without referral

1. In addition to the cases specifically provided for by the law, the Court of Cassation shall deliver a judgment of annulment without referral:

A) if the criminal act is not deemed an offence by law, if the offence is extinguished or if the prosecution should not have been started or continued;

L) in any other case in which the Court of Cassation believes the referral is superfluous or may proceed to the determination of the sentence {verdict} or take the necessary decisions.
___

The Marasca CSC panel cited CPP Article 620.1L. The panel, in its motivation report, stated that no re-examination of the available evidence or attempt to further examine the physical objects in evidence would provide any additional relevant information, and since there was no evidence of the guilt of Knox or Sollecito, then they must be acquitted of the murder/rape charges. And that is what the Marasca CSC panel did, all in accordance with Italian law.

Here is the Italian text of CPP Article 620 in full:

Art. 620 - Annullamento senza rinvio
1. Oltre che nei casi particolarmente previsti dalla legge, la corte pronuncia sentenza di annullamento senza rinvio:
a) se il fatto non è previsto dalla legge come reato, se il reato è estinto o se l'azione penale non doveva essere iniziata o proseguita;
b) se il reato non appartiene alla giurisdizione del giudice ordinario;
c) se il provvedimento impugnato contiene disposizioni che eccedono i poteri della giurisdizione, limitatamente alle medesime;
d) se la decisione impugnata consiste in un provvedimento non consentito dalla legge;
e) se la sentenza è nulla a norma e nei limiti dell'articolo 522 in relazione a un reato concorrente;
f) se la sentenza è nulla a norma e nei limiti dell'articolo 522 in relazione a un fatto nuovo;
g) se la condanna è stata pronunciata per errore di persona;
h) se vi è contraddizione fra la sentenza o l'ordinanza impugnata e un'altra anteriore concernente la stessa persona e il medesimo oggetto, pronunciata dallo stesso o da un altro giudice penale;
i) se la sentenza impugnata ha deciso in secondo grado su materia per la quale non è ammesso l'appello;
l) in ogni altro caso in cui la corte ritiene superfluo il rinvio ovvero può essa medesima procedere alla determinazione della pena o dare i provvedimenti necessari.

Source: http://www.leggeonline.info/leggi/pr..._senza_rinvio/
Numbers is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 11th August 2017, 09:38 PM   #532
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing

Amanda and Colin were engaged in February 2015 and she met Christopher in August of 2015. So exactly what evidence do you have that Amanda was "carrying on" with Christopher while still engaged to Colin? Do you know when her engagement was called off? Of course you don't. As usual, you claim to know things you can't possibly know. But why let that stop an opportunity to fabricate a nasty accusation?

I see the usual crazies are predictably spamming the Rolling Stone article including their sick comments like hoping Amanda commits suicide. Turn off the lights and they come crawling out. A good can of RAID would come in handy.
Knox used her 'engagement' to Sutherland in a fake news campaign. Once again, a sociopathic attempt to manipulate all around her.

AFAICS it is Knox who claims she was nearly driven to suicide. Given the reports of how she blossomed in jail and her open lack of remorse (refusal to pay Patrick) most likely it is yet more fake news from her stable to manipulate public sympathy.

~ Danzig

Vixen is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 11th August 2017, 09:39 PM   #533
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing

No, that is not true. Like Trump, you should stop listening to "someone" who "tells" you something before making allegations.
Aha! So it is something shameful by your own admission.

~ Danzig

Vixen is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 11th August 2017, 09:42 PM   #534
Bill Williams
Penultimate Amazing

Knox used her 'engagement' to Sutherland in a fake news campaign. Once again, a sociopathic attempt to manipulate all around her.

AFAICS it is Knox who claims she was nearly driven to suicide. Given the reports of how she blossomed in jail and her open lack of remorse (refusal to pay Patrick) most likely it is yet more fake news from her stable to manipulate public sympathy.
This is boarish. You can't know any of this. You've just made it up. All of it.
Old 11th August 2017, 09:47 PM   #535
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by NotEvenWrong View Post
Vixen,
Does it bother you that, at age 30, Amanda Knox is a far more successful author than you will ever be, after being wrongfully imprisoned for four years? She is attractive too, which probably is another source of your resentment.

This is, in fact, a straightforward explanation of why you would choose to bully and hurl abuse at her for the past 8 years.
All in your mind, Babe.

~ Danzig

Old 11th August 2017, 09:50 PM   #536
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by LondonJohn View Post
No it wasn't.

Or can you provide evidence to support your claim that (not-a-real-doctor) Stefanoni stated that the pattern of blood drops over the sink and bidet was "the same as that of a dripping knife"?

No. Thought not. Another "fact" pulled out of thin air. Quelle surprise.
See the extracts I provided for Stefanoni's testimony, as summarised by Massei, a few days back.

Also, her contribution to Darkness Descending.

~ Danzig

Old 11th August 2017, 09:52 PM   #537
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing

No, it's not, Vixen.

It's a warped fantasy pulled out of thin air, to bolster your own jaundiced view of Knox.

Or perhaps you have evidence to support your claim?

No, of course you don't Vixen. You just made it up, based on your own prejudices, didn't you?
Er you do know who Party Rock is, and who attended his book signing as the loving pair.

~ Danzig

Old 11th August 2017, 09:54 PM   #538
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by acbytesla View Post
And

Tell me, what does this have to do with the case? You're slut shaming again.
No, I was pointing out that lying to the public gives no qualms for Knox.

~ Danzig

Last edited by Vixen; 11th August 2017 at 10:21 PM.
Old 11th August 2017, 09:56 PM   #539
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by TruthCalls View Post
Absolutely incredible. No wonder you have things so screwed up. You can't even get the details of a short interview correct. Here's the actual quote;

"If someone wants to think of me as a femme fatale for whatever reason or wants to think that I am guilty, then they are going to see that. There is nothing that I can do to change their minds, unless say, I happen to stumble upon them and interact with them in some way and they realize, "Oh, crap. She was a real person all along." Maybe then I can change a person's mind. But I'm not setting my heart on doing that, because I don't feel like that's my job. I feel like my job is to live my life and to heal from what happened to me."

So what did you get wrong? Well, let's see...

1) "..she claims to be able to charm people" - Nope, she doesn't say that.
2) "..into thinking, wow she's not really so bad after all" - Nope, she doesn't say that either.
3) You are implying she is trying to change peoples opinion about her. - Nope, she never says anything of the kind.

The point she is making is people will make her what ever they want to make her (i.e., a fictional character) and there is nothing she can do to change that. That is, unless someone actually meets her and comes to realize there is a real person behind the name and not the fictional character created by the media, authors and online bloggers. It really wasn't very difficult to follow.

So is it horrendous reading comprehension or are you just incapable of not making things up to fit your narrative?

Wow, just wow! (tm) williams
If people see her as a fictional character, then maybe she should stop 'releasing' fake news.

~ Danzig

Old 11th August 2017, 10:02 PM   #540
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing

This means nothing. Rudy killed Meredith. If Amanda had returned home alone at 9 pm that evening Amanda would probably be dead.

Now you're catching on. Little slow, but still.
You just look for ways to insult her, don't you? And you don't dislike Amanda and you're a Christian. Sure....

And of course you would never buckle during an interrogation. Amanda's contemptible crime was saying the wrong thing under duress.

Get out those stones Christians. We've got a live one here.
All of the flat mates and acquaintances of Mez were interviewed exactly the same way as Knox. Not one of them claimed to have been at the scene and introduced Patrick as the killer/rapist.

Yet Amanda did. So Mignini found Amanda 'special', but not any of the 'British Birds' (as Grinder called them).

~ Danzig

Old 11th August 2017, 10:07 PM   #541
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing

I noted years ago that the PGP often tend to have some kind of fascination with Amanda's sex life, both before and after the murder. They are prone to slut-shaming, calling her a s**t, wh***, nymphomaniac, accusing her of cheating on boyfriends, of using sex to get jobs, etc. This obsession with her sex life is psychologically fascinating.

It is also noted in the same article that married women are less inclined to this kind of catty behavior than single (and that would include older divorced/widowed) women:

Does this need to slut-shame, denigrate, and insult younger and more attractive females have a connection to sexual frustration in older, single, less attractive women who just aren't getting sex anymore? I suspect it does.
Perhaps you are able to provide an answer to your own question?

~ Danzig

Old 11th August 2017, 10:07 PM   #542
Bill Williams
Penultimate Amazing

No, I was pointing out that lying to the public has no qualms for Knox.
I'm sure that ISF has a "Let's just make up stuff" thread, that this post can be moved to.
Old 11th August 2017, 10:09 PM   #543
Bill Williams
Penultimate Amazing

All of the flat mates and acquaintances of Mez were interviewed exactly the same way as Knox. Not one of them claimed to have been at the scene and introduced Patrick as the killer/rapist.

Yet Amanda did. So Mignini found Amanda 'special', but not any of the 'British Birds' (as Grinder called them).
Really? They were interrogated in the middle of the night like Knox was?

You've taken "making stuff up" to a new level.
Old 11th August 2017, 10:13 PM   #544
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing

"

Well, none of the other witnesses made a confession and committed calunnia *obstruction of justice").

All the British birds were far more upset than Knox. Knox shrugged, said '**** happens' and was back at her desk on Monday, looking forward to going shopping with her Mom, whilst everybody else was packing their bags and getting the hell outta there.

Doesn't sound like someone who would buckle easily.

~ Danzig

Last edited by Vixen; 11th August 2017 at 10:22 PM.
Old 11th August 2017, 10:14 PM   #545
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing

I absolutely believe this nails it. While there certainly are men that are sexist and misogynistic who hold double standards I do believe they constitute a minority of men. I know I have certainly seen far more women engage in slut shaming then men.

There must be something biological that encourages women to consciously or subconsciously compete against each other and slut shaming is just one way it manifests itself.
I see. So it is now 'sexist' to despise a sex criminal.

~ Danzig

Old 11th August 2017, 10:17 PM   #546
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing

Add to the long hours of questioning and the emotional shock of having your roommate raped and murdered the fact the Amanda had just gotten her period. Any woman knows how fatigued the first couple of days can make you feel. For some women, it can be so draining they have to stay home from work. I wouldn't doubt it had a lot to do with why Amanda was described by Colantone as being so "white in the face" and why she "was struck by her pallor ".
So this didn't also apply to the British birds who were genuinely upset by Meredith's murder.

~ Danzig

Old 11th August 2017, 10:19 PM   #547
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing

As I said earlier regarding that comments section, the usual crazies have come out in force. One in particular has multiple ID's and likes to post supporting remarks between them making it look like there are multiple people in agreement. He's been doing it for years. That takes a really sick mind.
...And that's just the lunatic PIP...

~ Danzig

Old 11th August 2017, 10:23 PM   #548
Bill Williams
Penultimate Amazing

So this didn't also apply to the British birds who were genuinely upset by Meredith's murder.
This is a post from a Mignini surrogate.
Old 11th August 2017, 10:24 PM   #549
Bill Williams
Penultimate Amazing

Well, none of the other witnesses made a confession and committed calunnia *obstruction of justice").

All the British birds were far more upset than Knox. Knox shrugged, said '**** happens' and was back at her desk on Monday, looking forward to going shopping with her Mom, whilst everybody else was packing their bags and getting the hell outta there.

Doesn't sound like someone who would buckle easily.
Old 11th August 2017, 10:25 PM   #550
Bill Williams
Penultimate Amazing

No, I was pointing out that lying to the public gives no qualms for Knox.
Old 12th August 2017, 03:37 AM   #551
whoanellie
Graduate Poster

As a former member of the Peter Cook Appreciation Society, reading this post was strongly reminiscent for me of Peter Cook holding forth on a park bench as Spotty Muldoon, where he talks in a long monotone in a seemingly intellectual fashion of subjects of infinitely great wisdom. Thank you for your amusing invective and the wonderful impersonation.
Is this monotone available on youtube?

What's that old saying about if the shoe fits ....
whoanellie is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 12th August 2017, 03:40 AM   #552
whoanellie
Graduate Poster

LOL Mignini prosecuting the pair had nothing to do with evidence, of course.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDSPwexlyTo
whoanellie is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 12th August 2017, 05:19 AM   #553
Matthew Best
Penultimate Amazing

Just limit your comments to your knowledge. That should shorten your comments enormously.
Or eliminate them entirely.
Matthew Best is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 12th August 2017, 07:36 AM   #554
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

Can you hear how nuts you have become? SERIOUSLY, GET SOME HELP.
Old 12th August 2017, 07:54 AM   #555
Bill Williams
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Vixen
Can you hear how nuts you have become? SERIOUSLY, GET SOME HELP.
Unfortunately, this is not "nuts" in the strictest definition.

It is part of how wrongful convictions happen - and actually did happen in this case.

One of the things one needs to accomplish is the dehumanization of the accused. This means that even before a stick of evidence is collected, the dehumanization - in this case slutshaming - has to be put out there.

So it matters little that 100,000s of people have as part of their personal history failed engagements. If a failed engagement was a sign of sociopathic behaviour we'd all be living behind moats and high walls.

But in this case, Vixen has already decided - before the evidence is even there (of sociopathic behaviour) - that Knox is a sociopath. Therefore everything she does serves that bias. The reason why THIS engagement failed is because of a fake-news campaign. (Aside from the fact of course, what does that even mean?, but it sure does sound conspiratorial!!!)

The thing that makes Vixen's post a tool in service of Mignini-surrogacy, is that this was exactly what Mignini had to do when the shoe-print which was supposed to have been Sollecito's turned out to be..... surprise, surprise, Rudy Guede's.

Mignini-surrogates simply follow the leader. Let's dehumanize the woman because, heck, we already know she's a sociopath.

It's not as if it is unknown how wrongful convictions happen. Vixen's post is Wrongful Conviction 101.

By the way - how does Vixen know that Knox "manipulates all around her"? Simple. It's because all around her do not agree with Vixen!!!! Instead of Vixen then examining - why is it that no one agrees with her, the alternative must be true. Everyone else except Vixen must be deluded. Or worse.

Amanda is a witch. I know that is true for me. I've known that Amanda was a witch for a long time now. Look at it logically - if Amanda was not a witch, I'd be in agreement with Vixen, and Mignini's case. And I'm not.

Elegantly logical.

Last edited by Bill Williams; 12th August 2017 at 08:00 AM.
Bill Williams is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 12th August 2017, 10:34 AM   #556
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

ROTFLMAO! Once again, you simply pull something out of your arse and fling it out there hoping it will stick. It does stick, but not to Amanda.

Using the "fake news" nonsense is being used by Trump for the same reason you've resorted to it; desperation.

Amanda said she briefly contemplated suicide while in prison . Your fellow PGP are hoping for and urging her to commit suicide now. As I said, they are crazies. Or do you condone that kind of behavior?

Please cite these alleged reports that "she blossomed in jail"? Her memoir supports no such nonsense. Of course, you haven't read it, have you? (rhetorical question)

Amanda has no remorse because she committed no crime to feel remorse about. She apologized to Lumumba. Considering that dreadful and libelous interview he gave the Daily Mail that was proved to be full of lies, she owes him nothing. And the ECHR is going to agree.
Old 12th August 2017, 10:57 AM   #557
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

[quote=Vixen;11951280]I've been told but I don't know. That Knox' supporters are largely:

2. People with a 'claim to fame', such as Stacyhs, with link's to Knox' family, friends or friends of friends.[quote]

I see you are distorting the truth once again. I have no "link" to Knox or her family. I met her once briefly two years ago. I became convinced of her innocence years earlier so my meeting her has nothing to do with my support of her.

For someone who brings up Knox's "lies" ad nauseum, you have a very tenuous relationship with the truth yourself.
Someone told me you were linked to some guy linked to Knox. Is that not true then?
No, that is not true. Like Trump, you should stop listening to "someone" who "tells" you something before making allegations.
What the he** are you blabbering on about now? Do try and keep a rational string of thought here.
Old 12th August 2017, 11:06 AM   #558
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Don't let up on this one. This complete invention by Vixen is meant to rile you and divert from her inability to provide cites to the umpteen things we've requested from her.

But it is still a vile invention. It is "Wrongful conviction 101" to level these sorts of baseless accusations at anyone who doesn't regard Amanda as a witch.

Once the accused has been dehumanized, falsely accusing supporters becomes legitimate.

Wrongful Conviction 101.
Oh, don't worry about that! If she does not retract her vile allegation within 24 hours (11:00 AM PDT) I will lodge a complaint with the mods. I have never reported anyone to the mods, but I will not hesitate to do so in this case.

It is obvious what her tactic is as we've seen them all before. When a person cannot defend their position rationally they go on the attack. As the saying goes "the best defense is a good offense". It usually works, except for those who recognize the tactic. When someone has to resort to this tactic, it shows they've lost the debate/argument.
Old 12th August 2017, 11:22 AM   #559
Bill Williams
Penultimate Amazing

I've been told but I don't know. That Knox' supporters are largely:

2. People with a 'claim to fame', such as Stacyhs, with link's to Knox' family, friends or friends of friends.
Originally Posted by Stacyhs
I see you are distorting the truth once again. I have no "link" to Knox or her family. I met her once briefly two years ago. I became convinced of her innocence years earlier so my meeting her has nothing to do with my support of her.
For someone who brings up Knox's "lies" ad nauseum, you have a very tenuous relationship with the truth yourself.
Someone told me you were linked to some guy linked to Knox. Is that not true then?
What the he** are you blabbering on about now? Do try and keep a rational string of thought here.
And the hits just keep coming.

When one runs out of "argument" make allegations. Wrongful Conviction 101.

Never defend. Always attack. Wrongful Conviction 101.

When losing try to shift the debate. Even if it means inventing totally ludicrous claims like the "So it is something shameful" "by your own admission" thing above. Then we can have a dandy argument over the obvious. Stacyhs never admitted to that. But the point is not that, the point is that we'll now argue it as if it had been a serious observation on Vixen's part. Wrongful Conviction 101.

Last edited by Bill Williams; 12th August 2017 at 11:25 AM.
Bill Williams is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 12th August 2017, 11:33 AM   #560
bagels
Master Poster

No it wasn't.

Or can you provide evidence to support your claim that (not-a-real-doctor) Stefanoni stated that the pattern of blood drops over the sink and bidet was "the same as that of a dripping knife"?

No. Thought not. Another "fact" pulled out of thin air. Quelle surprise.
1-800 Devry Certificate Receiver Stefanoni definitely doesn't know anything about blood splatter, but the Italian prosecution "experts" in this case just make stuff up anyway so that wouldn't stop her.

However even she isn't dumb enough to produce evidence that a blood dripping knife was in the bathroom, when the only person on Gaia's green earth that voluntarily admitted to being in the bathroom at the same time Meredith was spewing blood from being viciously attacked with a knife, was known knife carrying crook Rudy Guede.

So I think it's safe to say this was something conjured up seconds before being posted by Vixen who definitely doesn't have a delusional fantasy view of this stupid case.
bagels is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Closed Thread

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Trials and Errors