ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags bigfoot

Old 14th September 2017, 07:16 AM   #801
LTC8K6
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Resume View Post
Lootie?
With Gimlin as the Blowfish?

2 prints, same midtarsal crock..., I mean break?
LTC8K6 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th September 2017, 08:22 AM   #802
Drewbot
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Squatchy McSquatch View Post
This calls for a rendering from Drew.

Please and thank you.
I don't know, drawing a Bigfoot looting something, could be construed as having another message, and I don't want to deal with it.

Although as an artist I should push the limits...
Drewbot is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th September 2017, 08:47 AM   #803
Gilbert Syndrome
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Drewbot View Post
I don't know, drawing a Bigfoot looting something, could be construed as having another message, and I don't want to deal with it.

Sasqploitation?

Scouse saying - Go 'ed, is right, nice one, boss, well in, sound, belter, made up.

Usage: 'Go 'ed, lad, get us an ale in, nice one.'
Gilbert Syndrome is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th September 2017, 09:07 AM   #804
LTC8K6
Penultimate Amazing

Put a MAGA cap on him.

2 prints, same midtarsal crock..., I mean break?
LTC8K6 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th September 2017, 12:32 PM   #805
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Yeah, you might get hammered on that. I was thinking Lootie the Footie, but then remembered the Lootie meme. Maybe a MAGA cap as LTC8K6 suggested might work, but you never know 'round this neck o' the woods.

Tom McGuane
Resume is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th September 2017, 02:03 PM   #806
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!

Think about a Skunk Ape and a can of beans and a screwdriver.
Old 15th September 2017, 05:35 AM   #807
Drewbot
Philosopher

We know Bigfoots are looters.

Drewbot is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th September 2017, 07:12 AM   #808
Squatchy McSquatch
Thinker

Good to know that NathanFooter is still alive. I was worried about that kid. He went off on a bigfoot excursion and dropped off the scene.
Squatchy McSquatch is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th September 2017, 08:37 AM   #809
Drewbot
Philosopher

Well that's from Feb. 2016
Old 15th September 2017, 09:04 AM   #810
Squatchy McSquatch
Thinker

2016? Poor kid's a goner.

Unless he went back to preschool homeschool
Squatchy McSquatch is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th September 2017, 09:47 AM   #811
Gilbert Syndrome
Philosopher

I love that he's the best young Bigfooter, as though that implies some sort of good success rate with locating Bigfoots.

It's like claiming a guy to be the "best young chef" despite him never having made a single meal in his life.

Cliff, sit down, you're drunk!

Scouse saying - Go 'ed, is right, nice one, boss, well in, sound, belter, made up.

Gilbert Syndrome is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th September 2017, 10:45 AM   #812
Squatchy McSquatch
Thinker

Best old footer would have to go to Bob Gimlin.

50 years later and he's still lying about it.

Still earning money and adulation at bigfoot conferences.

Still lying to the very people he helped create.

That's a long-term grift right there.
Old 15th September 2017, 10:49 AM   #813
Gilbert Syndrome
Philosopher

Best old footer would have to go to Bob Gimlin.

50 years later and he's still lying about it.

Still earning money and adulation at bigfoot conferences.

Still lying to the very people he helped create.

That's a long-term grift right there.
It's hard to blame him, tbh. If people are still willing to turn up in their droves to hear one of several new detailed versions of his timeless classic, then that's on them. The Gimlinator is just picking up cheques.

He's the Status Quo of Bigfoot tours, playing around the country, non-stop, and getting paid for that one well-known hit.

Old 15th September 2017, 11:09 AM   #814
Squatchy McSquatch
Thinker

The same could be said for evangelists, faith healers and homeopaths and vegans.

Spreading disinformation is just that.
Old 15th September 2017, 06:50 PM   #815
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!

Skunk Lootie. He's got your can of beans and your favorite screwdriver and he smells like hell. Aw hell, you don't even want those things back because they'll smell like hell.
Old 15th September 2017, 06:56 PM   #816
Squatchy McSquatch
Thinker

Does anyone have the link to the Meldrum gait vid where the mime does the Pattywalk and DonJeffy denies it?

It would help win a bar bet
Old 16th September 2017, 03:08 AM   #817
Gilbert Syndrome
Philosopher

Does anyone have the link to the Meldrum gait vid where the mime does the Pattywalk and DonJeffy denies it?

I can't remember Meldrum denying it, if we're talking about the same video. IIRC, Meldrum admits that he was surprised how easy "aspects" of the walk were to replicate, and by "aspects", it can be concluded that he actually means "the whole 9 yards."

I can't for the life of me remember what the video is called, tbh. It was on some **** little Discovery show, though.

Old 18th September 2017, 04:45 AM   #818
Drewbot
Philosopher

I cant find the original, but it is Best Evidence, and he is at the Stanford gait lab or something like that.

Here is the Thinker Thunker Recap, where he tries to debunk the lab's work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nPMZEZsFlM
Old 18th September 2017, 12:21 PM   #819
Castro
Muse

I cant find the original, but it is Best Evidence, and he is at the Stanford gait lab or something like that.

Here is the Thinker Thunker Recap, where he tries to debunk the lab's work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nPMZEZsFlM
Here is the original:
YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE
Castro is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th September 2017, 12:27 PM   #820
carlitos
"más divertido"

Wow, I had to google "lootie" -- I learn something new here every day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
carlitos is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal