ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Trials and Errors
 


Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags Amanda Knox , Italy cases , Meredith Kercher , murder cases , Raffaele Sollecito

Reply
Old 4th November 2019, 06:02 PM   #41
LondonJohn
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 14,234
Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post
Vecchiotti testified that the DNA on the bra was so mixed that she could find her own loci in that mix:

http://www.umbrialeft.it/notizie/pro...cesso-dappello

If I'm reading the chart above correctly, Amanda matched only 5 loci whereas Vecchiotti matched 9 loci. Crime solved: Vecchiotti did it!


Indeed! As I wrote before, you very well might also be able to "match" the Pope to a higher degree than Knox...
LondonJohn is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th November 2019, 06:18 PM   #42
Numbers
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 5,024
Originally Posted by TruthCalls View Post
Vixen, the following table represents Amanda's DNA profile and how it maps to the DNA extraction performed on sample 165B - the bra clasp.

There are three columns (A, B & C), which represent three different interpretations of the egram from the sample. Col A is what is reported in the RTIGF. Col B is every peak, with no minimum RFU value and Col C is all peaks with an RFU of 50 and above.

For each loci, I compare Amanda's profile to those of the sample as cited in each of the three interpretations. If there is a match, then I highlight the box with either yellow (found in Meredith's profile), red (Sollecito), purple (Guede) or white text on black (unique to Amanda).

As you can see, based on what was reported in the RTIGF, there were no unique allleles from Amanda. Where a minimum of 50 RFU is enforced from the egram (Col C), there are three alleles unique to Amanda. As 50 RFU is the limit Stefanoni adheres to, this is the most incriminating result one can reasonably argue. And I'm sure even Balding would tell you (as he already has) this is NOT evidence of Amanda's profile on the clasp.

http://www.internationalskeptics.com...ictureid=12295

In case you're confused on how to interpret this...

Consider locus D8S1179 (Amanda profile: 11, 12)

The RTIGF reports 13, 15 & 16 so no alleles match Amanda's profile and so under Col A for this loci the two boxes are not highlighted.

Per the egram, 12,13,14,15 & 16 are all above 50 RFU and so under Col C for this loci the box with 12 is highlighted (allele 12 is in Amanda's profile and this interpretation of the egram), 11 is not.

If either 11 or 12 was found in Meredith, Raffaele or Guede's profile then those boxes would be highlighted with the correct color. In this case, 12 is not in anyone else's profile so it's unique to Amanda and is highlighted as white on black.

There is far more information to consider than just this. For example, in the Vinci report, regarding this particular locus he writes;

"D8S1179: a profile 13, 15, 16 was attributed to the trace. Alleles 12 and 14 (RFU> 50) were omitted. The 12 allele having an area of 689 (less than 15% of the area of ​​the neighboring main peak (6239) could have been considered a stutter of the main allele 13 (the percentage of stutter for these small ones varies from 3 to 8% as reported by the manufacturer). This eventuality can not excluded but, in the presence of no more DNA present in the mixture at a concentration of about one tenth compared to the component greater, a stutter band is absolutely indistinguishable from a true allele that should have been attributed. For the 14 allele of the assessment (469 ie at least 45% of the peak area 15 next , (1171)) shows that this peak is not considered in the analysis has a higher percentage of 15% (if we consider the definition stutter band) and therefore must be considered in all respects effects a definable allele and attributable in the mixture."

So even though in the more liberal interpretation of the egram we see allele 12 appear, based on it's relative low RFU, it's reasonable to consider this stutter.

I can't wait to see The Machine's presentation. That should really push his creative writing skills to the limit.
TruthCalls, thanks for this excellent presentation.

Another point to be made is that if even one locus of the sample DNA profile does not have an allele matching the DNA of a suspect, then one must conclude that the DNA of the sample does NOT contain any contribution from that suspect. If the sample does not contain any contribution from that suspect, that sample does not constitute evidence against that suspect.

Under Interpretation B, accepting all apparent peaks with no minimum RFU threshold applied, alleles of Knox's DNA are not present at loci D7S820, D13S317, D195433, and VWA. Therefore, Knox's DNA does not contribute to sample 165B, and sample 165B cannot be considered evidence against Knox.

Furthermore, because of the improper methods of collection, which did not protect against contamination, used for Sample 165B, that sample cannot, under Italian law, be considered as evidence against anyone accused of the murder/rape of Meredith Kercher. This was the conclusion of the Italian Supreme Court of Cassation in their final acquittal of Knox and Sollecito.
Numbers is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th November 2019, 06:44 PM   #43
Stacyhs
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 9,574
Which to believe? An uncited 'experiment' using play doh and crayons or an analogy presented by a government scientific site, Vecchiotti's testimony and the chart TC presented? Such a conundrum!

I guess I'll have to wait for The Machine's article. He has such a great history of presenting unbiased, science based, and accurate articles. For example, his latest opening statement in his praise of "True Crime Reporter", Roberta Glass:

Quote:
Increasingly common these days is for pro-truth, pro-victim and pro-justice sources to stake out the high ground.
http://truejustice.org/ee/

Okay, okay....try and get control of yourselves. I had the same reaction after reading it, too: initial disbelief at what I was reading followed by uncontrollable laughter.

I also noticed that the anniversary of Meredith's death was finally mentioned on TJMK's Front Page. It states it was posted at by KrissyG on 11/01 at 01:00 AM. That is a lie. As I mentioned on Nov. 1:

Quote:
So has TJMK as they have posted nothing at all regarding the 12th anniversary of Meredith's death as of 4:55 PM New York time or 10:55 PM Finnish time.
But it's 'all for Meredith', right?
http://www.internationalskeptics.com...3#post12878073

I know it was not there as of the times I mentioned above so there is no way it was posted at 1:00 AM on Nov. 1. Looks to me like someone is playing fast and loose with the truth.


ETA: All KrissyG did was cut and paste her 'memorial' from 2015. Looks like she threw it up in a hurry. Hmmmmmm...

Last edited by Stacyhs; 4th November 2019 at 07:17 PM.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th November 2019, 07:23 PM   #44
LondonJohn
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 14,234
Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post
Which to believe? An uncited 'experiment' using play doh and crayons or an analogy presented by a government scientific site, Vecchiotti's testimony and the chart TC presented? Such a conundrum!

I guess I'll have to wait for The Machine's article. He has such a great history of presenting unbiased, science based, and accurate articles. For example, his latest opening statement in his praise of "True Crime Reporter", Roberta Glass:


http://truejustice.org/ee/

Okay, okay....try and get control of yourselves. I had the same reaction after reading it, too: initial disbelief at what I was reading followed by uncontrollable laughter.


Prompted by this, I just had my bi-monthly gander at that cess-pit of an echo chamber. And "The Machine" came up with this absolute zinger, aimed at (among others) pro-acquittal/pro-innocence commentators on this case:

"Apart from being mainly emotionally responsive and lacking critical thinking skills, they tend to be arrogant, opinionated and completely inflexible. Once their minds are made up, they flatly refuse to consider the possibility they might be wrong even when they are presented with clear and compelling evidence that they are."


The combination of giant irony and a total lack of self-awareness here is quite something to behold



Quote:
I also noticed that the anniversary of Meredith's death was finally mentioned on TJMK's Front Page. It states it was posted at by KrissyG on 11/01 at 01:00 AM. That is a lie. As I mentioned on Nov. 1:


http://www.internationalskeptics.com...3#post12878073

I know it was not there as of the times I mentioned above so there is no way it was posted at 1:00 AM on Nov. 1. Looks to me like someone is playing fast and loose with the truth.


ETA: All KrissyG did was cut and paste her 'memorial' from 2015. Looks like she threw it up in a hurry. Hmmmmmm...

I wonder if *one* of the pro-guilt posters on this forum scurried over to instruct "Krissy G" to hastily attempt to seize back the moral high ground....
LondonJohn is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th November 2019, 07:43 PM   #45
Stacyhs
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 9,574
"Apart from being mainly emotionally responsive and lacking critical thinking skills, they tend to be arrogant, opinionated and completely inflexible. Once their minds are made up, they flatly refuse to consider the possibility they might be wrong even when they are presented with clear and compelling evidence that they are."

HOLY PROJECTION, BATMAN! I damn near spewed my drink clear across the room when I read that.

As for the memorial to Meredith suddenly appearing on TJMK at 1:00 AM Nov. 1, I do have to wonder exactly where in the world KrissyG was to post that when it was 4:55 PM New York time and 10:55 PM Finnish time...when it was NOT on TJMK Front Page.

Last edited by Stacyhs; 4th November 2019 at 07:46 PM.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th November 2019, 09:47 PM   #46
TruthCalls
Graduate Poster
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,380
Originally Posted by LondonJohn View Post
Prompted by this, I just had my bi-monthly gander at that cess-pit of an echo chamber. And "The Machine" came up with this absolute zinger, aimed at (among others) pro-acquittal/pro-innocence commentators on this case:

"Apart from being mainly emotionally responsive and lacking critical thinking skills, they tend to be arrogant, opinionated and completely inflexible. Once their minds are made up, they flatly refuse to consider the possibility they might be wrong even when they are presented with clear and compelling evidence that they are."


The combination of giant irony and a total lack of self-awareness here is quite something to behold
In the past 2-3 weeks Harry has been called out for lying about Stefanoni testifying to mixed blood samples and later, for Amanda's DNA being on the clasp. In both cases, when faced with the FACTS that proved him wrong, he suddenly disappeared from the discussion. That he could write what's quoted above in light of his recent track record is truly the epitome of hypocrisy.
TruthCalls is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th November 2019, 02:16 AM   #47
Welshman
Muse
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 730
Originally Posted by TruthCalls View Post
In the past 2-3 weeks Harry has been called out for lying about Stefanoni testifying to mixed blood samples and later, for Amanda's DNA being on the clasp. In both cases, when faced with the FACTS that proved him wrong, he suddenly disappeared from the discussion. That he could write what's quoted above in light of his recent track record is truly the epitome of hypocrisy.
Harry Rag is very vocal in attacking Amanda for lying but then lies himself which Vixen also does. I have asked this question repeatedly with no answer from Vixen. If the case against Amanda was such a slam dunk and the evidence was strong why do Harry Rag, Vixen and other PGP need to lie to argue their case. If the case against Amanda and Raffaele was so solid, why do PGP need to invent facts such as Amanda 's DNA being on the clasp and spend so much effort defending falsehoods even after being clearly shown they are falsehoods.
Welshman is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th November 2019, 07:06 AM   #48
Mr Fied
Critical Thinker
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 449
Originally Posted by LondonJohn View Post
Indeed! As I wrote before, you very well might also be able to "match" the Pope to a higher degree than Knox...
I always thought he was a wrongun, you can tell by the eyes.
Mr Fied is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th November 2019, 09:45 AM   #49
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing
 
Vixen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Suomi
Posts: 17,245
Originally Posted by LondonJohn View Post
"A different sugar on each corner" LMAO

Pitiful
Only one of them.
__________________
Then let the way appear, steps unto heav'n.
All that thou sendest me, in mercy giv'n.'
Vixen is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th November 2019, 09:51 AM   #50
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing
 
Vixen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Suomi
Posts: 17,245
Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post
Vecchiotti testified that the DNA on the bra was so mixed that she could find her own loci in that mix:

http://www.umbrialeft.it/notizie/pro...cesso-dappello

If I'm reading the chart above correctly, Amanda matched only 5 loci whereas Vecchiotti matched 9 loci. Crime solved: Vecchiotti did it!
In one way or another Vechiotti is a liar.
__________________
Then let the way appear, steps unto heav'n.
All that thou sendest me, in mercy giv'n.'
Vixen is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th November 2019, 09:53 AM   #51
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing
 
Vixen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Suomi
Posts: 17,245
Originally Posted by LondonJohn View Post
Indeed! As I wrote before, you very well might also be able to "match" the Pope to a higher degree than Knox...
If you were as bent as Conti & Vecchiotti you most probably would if only to get your client off.
__________________
Then let the way appear, steps unto heav'n.
All that thou sendest me, in mercy giv'n.'
Vixen is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th November 2019, 10:01 AM   #52
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing
 
Vixen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Suomi
Posts: 17,245
Originally Posted by Numbers View Post
TruthCalls, thanks for this excellent presentation.

Another point to be made is that if even one locus of the sample DNA profile does not have an allele matching the DNA of a suspect, then one must conclude that the DNA of the sample does NOT contain any contribution from that suspect. If the sample does not contain any contribution from that suspect, that sample does not constitute evidence against that suspect.

Under Interpretation B, accepting all apparent peaks with no minimum RFU threshold applied, alleles of Knox's DNA are not present at loci D7S820, D13S317, D195433, and VWA. Therefore, Knox's DNA does not contribute to sample 165B, and sample 165B cannot be considered evidence against Knox.

Furthermore, because of the improper methods of collection, which did not protect against contamination, used for Sample 165B, that sample cannot, under Italian law, be considered as evidence against anyone accused of the murder/rape of Meredith Kercher. This was the conclusion of the Italian Supreme Court of Cassation in their final acquittal of Knox and Sollecito.
RaffaeleSollecito's full DNA profile on the bra clasp hook where it was bent out of shape and found under the body, under a sheet - which was used to move the victim across the floor, itself under a duvet (placed there by a perp) which had paper scattered on top of it to imply a burglary (paradoxically after the murder) and the room firmly locked by a perp (and we all know who knew about locking it and where the key was kept) is a particularly strong piece of hard objective evidence against him, which together with all the other evidence, resulted in a strong, safe conviction after a very long fair trial, overturned only by a three-day paper-only court with a dodgy judge and interference from Hillary Clinton's US State Department and funds from Donald Trump to help Knox.
__________________
Then let the way appear, steps unto heav'n.
All that thou sendest me, in mercy giv'n.'
Vixen is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th November 2019, 10:14 AM   #53
whoanellie
Muse
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 544
Originally Posted by Vixen View Post
Only one of them.
You're more glaring error was the inclusion of amino acids in your DNA model. After all these years you still don't understand the difference between DNA and proteins. There truly are none so blind.......
whoanellie is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th November 2019, 10:34 AM   #54
Stacyhs
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 9,574
Originally Posted by Vixen View Post
In one way or another Vechiotti is a liar.

How? What did she lie about?
Once more, you make an accusation but fail to support it with any evidence.

Originally Posted by Vixen View Post
If you were as bent as Conti & Vecchiotti you most probably would if only to get your client off.
Vixen, when you constantly resort to unfounded and unsupported accusations of dishonesty by judges and experts who do not support your personal belief of guilt, it only shows how weak your position is. It does not do your argument any good to keep repeating such accusations. In fact, it actually undermines it.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th November 2019, 10:53 AM   #55
TruthCalls
Graduate Poster
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,380
Originally Posted by Vixen View Post
RaffaeleSollecito's full DNA profile on the bra clasp hook where it was bent out of shape and found under the body, under a sheet - which was used to move the victim across the floor, itself under a duvet (placed there by a perp) which had paper scattered on top of it to imply a burglary (paradoxically after the murder) and the room firmly locked by a perp (and we all know who knew about locking it and where the key was kept) is a particularly strong piece of hard objective evidence against him, which together with all the other evidence, resulted in a strong, safe conviction after a very long fair trial, overturned only by a three-day paper-only court with a dodgy judge and interference from Hillary Clinton's US State Department and funds from Donald Trump to help Knox.
What the hell is the matter with you, Vixen? The discussion is about Amanda's DNA NOT being on the clasp. In what way did this post respond to that? Is your behavior to divert attention so ingrained that you don't even know you're doing it or is this deliberate because you know you can't defend what you originally claimed?
TruthCalls is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th November 2019, 11:13 AM   #56
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing
 
Vixen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Suomi
Posts: 17,245
Originally Posted by TruthCalls View Post
What the hell is the matter with you, Vixen? The discussion is about Amanda's DNA NOT being on the clasp. In what way did this post respond to that? Is your behavior to divert attention so ingrained that you don't even know you're doing it or is this deliberate because you know you can't defend what you originally claimed?

Sample 165B is described in official reports as:

Quote:
Pezzetto di stoffa con gancetti
Rep.165/A(stoffa)/B(gancetti)

which translates as:

Quote:
Piece of cloth with hooks
Rep.165 / A (cloth) / B (hooks)

I always understood Stefanoni and Vinci to be referring to Knox and Guede DNA fragments as being on the fabric.
__________________
Then let the way appear, steps unto heav'n.
All that thou sendest me, in mercy giv'n.'
Vixen is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th November 2019, 11:17 AM   #57
Stacyhs
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 9,574
Originally Posted by Vixen View Post
RaffaeleSollecito's full DNA profile on the bra clasp hook where it was bent out of shape and found under the body, under a sheet - was found six weeks after the murder, across the room from its original location, under a dirty rug among debris, and noticeably in a much dirtier and degraded condition. Police video shows it being handled by multiple people, at least one with dirty gloves, after being dropped on the floor and retrieved.
Your misrepresentation of the facts has been fixed.


Quote:
under a sheet -which was used to move the victim across the floor,
Um...no. There was no sheet. There was a pillow under Kercher's hips and a duvet over the body. Please try and get the facts straight.

Quote:
itself under a duvet (placed there by a perp) which had paper scattered on top of it to imply a burglary (paradoxically after the murder)
That's what you assume. How would bits of paper imply a burglary?

Quote:
and the room firmly locked by a perp (and we all know who knew about locking it and where the key was kept)
I do believe you are confusing the bedroom door with the broken front door lock. Or are you saying the Guede wouldn't know how to lock a door with a key? Are you saying that Guede couldn't find a key in MK's purse? A purse that had Guede's DNA on it? Are you really saying Guede was that stupid?

Quote:
is a particularly strong piece of hard objective evidence against him
,

Not according to the independent experts who found it highly indicative of contamination. Or the other many experts who agree with them. Or the SC judges.


Quote:
which together with all the other evidence, resulted in a strong, safe conviction after a very long fair trial,
LOL. "Safe and strong"? You do know that it was overturned by the appellate court precisely because it wasn't 'safe' or 'strong' for reasons laid out in the MR.

Quote:
overturned only by a three-day paper-only court with a dodgy judge and interference from Hillary Clinton's US State Department and funds from Donald Trump to help Knox.
Ah....back to the desperate allegations of bent judges and interference from outside sources, I see. What? No claims of the mafia and Masons? At least that's progress.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th November 2019, 11:23 AM   #58
TruthCalls
Graduate Poster
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,380
Originally Posted by Vixen View Post
Sample 165B is described in official reports as:




which translates as:




I always understood Stefanoni and Vinci to be referring to Knox and Guede DNA fragments as being on the fabric.
Fine, and that's specifically what we're addressing. No one can find where Stefanoni suggests it, including you, and Vinci clearly states it's not possible to conclude Amanda's profile is present (Stacy provided the actual passage from his report - I have the full report, OCR'd into docx and then translated, so I KNOW he doesn't claim it's there).

But really, we know you're wrong on this. The point is why did you post this diversion regarding Raffaele's DNA... that's just so uncool. Stay on topic and if you can't support your claim with facts then just own up to it and move on.
TruthCalls is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th November 2019, 11:37 AM   #59
Stacyhs
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 9,574
Originally Posted by Vixen View Post
Sample 165B is described in official reports as:




which translates as:




I always understood Stefanoni and Vinci to be referring to Knox and Guede DNA fragments as being on the fabric.
I find that hard to believe. Only two samples were taken from the bra clasp (Nencini MR): Sample A had only Kercher's DNA. Sample B showed the mixture which we've been discussing. Sample 165-B has always referred to the sample taken from the hook, not the fabric. The report you provided yourself clearly states the subject is 165-B on the first page in large, black letters.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th November 2019, 11:47 AM   #60
TruthCalls
Graduate Poster
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,380
Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post

Originally Posted by Vixen
overturned only by a three-day paper-only court with a dodgy judge and interference from Hillary Clinton's US State Department and funds from Donald Trump to help Knox.
Ah....back to the desperate allegations of bent judges and interference from outside sources, I see. What? No claims of the mafia and Masons? At least that's progress.
The irony of this is Vixen seems to forget that before the conviction was overturned by the "paper court" with a "dodgy judge", an acquittal was overturned by the "paper court" with a "dodgy judge". What's good for the goose...
TruthCalls is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th November 2019, 12:04 PM   #61
Stacyhs
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 9,574
Originally Posted by TruthCalls View Post
The irony of this is Vixen seems to forget that before the conviction was overturned by the "paper court" with a "dodgy judge", an acquittal was overturned by the "paper court" with a "dodgy judge". What's good for the goose...
Ah.....but the judges who overturned the acquittal weren't 'bent'. They couldn't be bought off by the mafia, the Masons, the Illuminati, Hillary Clinton's State Dept. or Donald Trump's money. How could you miss that, TC?
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th November 2019, 12:16 PM   #62
TruthCalls
Graduate Poster
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,380
Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post
Ah.....but the judges who overturned the acquittal weren't 'bent'. They couldn't be bought off by the mafia, the Masons, the Illuminati, Hillary Clinton's State Dept. or Donald Trump's money. How could you miss that, TC?
Sloppy research on my part, I guess. But I'll be honest, I'm still a bit confused. Vixen claims Trump provided funds which were used to help Amanda and interfere with the justice system. However, I've researched this for a while now and aside from an unnamed "business insider" claiming an offer was made, I can find no evidence of funds being provided by Trump to Amanda and her family. Perhaps it's more sloppy research on my part but I'm hoping Vixen, or anyone else, can point me to a source which would confirm this.
TruthCalls is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th November 2019, 12:28 PM   #63
Stacyhs
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 9,574
Originally Posted by TruthCalls View Post
Sloppy research on my part, I guess. But I'll be honest, I'm still a bit confused. Vixen claims Trump provided funds which were used to help Amanda and interfere with the justice system. However, I've researched this for a while now and aside from an unnamed "business insider" claiming an offer was made, I can find no evidence of funds being provided by Trump to Amanda and her family. Perhaps it's more sloppy research on my part but I'm hoping Vixen, or anyone else, can point me to a source which would confirm this.
Amanda confirms that Trump contributed to her defense fund. The amount and date are not provided.
But from what is said in media reports it was, at the very latest, 2011. He tweeted about it several times in 2011.

https://www.latimes.com/opinion/op-e...504-story.html
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th November 2019, 12:44 PM   #64
bagels
Master Poster
 
bagels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 2,192
Thank God Hillary and Trump could put aside their differences to agree to free a crazed killer for no reason
bagels is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th November 2019, 12:52 PM   #65
bagels
Master Poster
 
bagels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 2,192
Vixen is now breaking guilter protocol by switching from mafia conspiracy to State Department conspiracy. If the State Department was involved in rigging the Supreme Court verdict it means top level US government officials viewed Knox favorably which goes against guilter mantra that Knox is a female Bundy twerp only supported by murder groupie losers as demented as she is.

Be careful Vixen. Don't tell The Machine
bagels is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th November 2019, 12:52 PM   #66
Stacyhs
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 9,574
Originally Posted by bagels View Post
Thank God Hillary and Trump could put aside their differences to agree to free a crazed killer for no reason


If there's one thing that can get people together, it's knowingly supporting a psychopathic killer with whom you have absolutely no personal connection.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th November 2019, 01:57 PM   #67
LondonJohn
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 14,234
Originally Posted by Vixen View Post
If you were as bent as Conti & Vecchiotti you most probably would if only to get your client off.


Shame you don't understand what Vecchiotti is talking about. Full marks for that science-lite attempt to explain DNA sequencing to us though
LondonJohn is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th November 2019, 02:02 PM   #68
LondonJohn
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 14,234
Originally Posted by Vixen View Post
In one way or another Vechiotti is a liar.

Huh? Can you expand further on this out-of-thin-air accusation against Vecchiotti?
LondonJohn is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th November 2019, 02:23 PM   #69
Stacyhs
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 9,574
KrissyG's memorial to Kercher on TJMK is half filled with attacks and disparaging remarks about PIP. Not even a memorial is free of her hatred.

Interestingly, the first comment left was
Quote:
Posted by Peter Quennell on 11/01/19 at 07:31 PM | #
(TJMK).

Pete lives in NY. So the first comment was left approx.
2 1/2 hours after my post noting no mention of the anniversary of Kercher's death.

Last edited by Stacyhs; 5th November 2019 at 02:25 PM.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th November 2019, 02:37 PM   #70
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing
 
Vixen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Suomi
Posts: 17,245
Originally Posted by TruthCalls View Post
Fine, and that's specifically what we're addressing. No one can find where Stefanoni suggests it, including you, and Vinci clearly states it's not possible to conclude Amanda's profile is present (Stacy provided the actual passage from his report - I have the full report, OCR'd into docx and then translated, so I KNOW he doesn't claim it's there).

But really, we know you're wrong on this. The point is why did you post this diversion regarding Raffaele's DNA... that's just so uncool. Stay on topic and if you can't support your claim with facts then just own up to it and move on.
It was Stefanoni who carried out the PCR tests. Under Italian law, defence lawyers are legally obliged to witness this testing so they cannot complain later.

Stefanoni's machine readings show very clearly, strong, high RFU peaks for Amanda Knox in 9 out of 16 loci and ten out of sixteen overall. It indicates very clearly Knox touched Meredith's bra clasp at some point.

Luckily for Knox nine or ten alleles is not considered 'legal standard' in Italy, although it would have been in the UK/USA.
__________________
Then let the way appear, steps unto heav'n.
All that thou sendest me, in mercy giv'n.'
Vixen is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th November 2019, 02:39 PM   #71
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing
 
Vixen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Suomi
Posts: 17,245
Originally Posted by TruthCalls View Post
Fine, and that's specifically what we're addressing. No one can find where Stefanoni suggests it, including you, and Vinci clearly states it's not possible to conclude Amanda's profile is present (Stacy provided the actual passage from his report - I have the full report, OCR'd into docx and then translated, so I KNOW he doesn't claim it's there).

But really, we know you're wrong on this. The point is why did you post this diversion regarding Raffaele's DNA... that's just so uncool. Stay on topic and if you can't support your claim with facts then just own up to it and move on.
Vinci was a defence expert and handsomely paid to refute any evidence against his client. That is his job as a defence witness.
__________________
Then let the way appear, steps unto heav'n.
All that thou sendest me, in mercy giv'n.'
Vixen is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th November 2019, 02:41 PM   #72
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing
 
Vixen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Suomi
Posts: 17,245
Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post
I find that hard to believe. Only two samples were taken from the bra clasp (Nencini MR): Sample A had only Kercher's DNA. Sample B showed the mixture which we've been discussing. Sample 165-B has always referred to the sample taken from the hook, not the fabric. The report you provided yourself clearly states the subject is 165-B on the first page in large, black letters.
My bad. To clarify, the test on the bra fabric found only Meredith Kercher. The other test found Raffaele Sollecito 17/17 and Knox 9/10 out of 16. Strong RFUs, too.
__________________
Then let the way appear, steps unto heav'n.
All that thou sendest me, in mercy giv'n.'
Vixen is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th November 2019, 02:42 PM   #73
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing
 
Vixen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Suomi
Posts: 17,245
Originally Posted by TruthCalls View Post
Sloppy research on my part, I guess. But I'll be honest, I'm still a bit confused. Vixen claims Trump provided funds which were used to help Amanda and interfere with the justice system. However, I've researched this for a while now and aside from an unnamed "business insider" claiming an offer was made, I can find no evidence of funds being provided by Trump to Amanda and her family. Perhaps it's more sloppy research on my part but I'm hoping Vixen, or anyone else, can point me to a source which would confirm this.
He actually said so and complained bitterly when Knox later said she would never vote for him.
__________________
Then let the way appear, steps unto heav'n.
All that thou sendest me, in mercy giv'n.'
Vixen is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th November 2019, 02:43 PM   #74
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing
 
Vixen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Suomi
Posts: 17,245
Originally Posted by bagels View Post
Thank God Hillary and Trump could put aside their differences to agree to free a crazed killer for no reason being American
FIFY
__________________
Then let the way appear, steps unto heav'n.
All that thou sendest me, in mercy giv'n.'
Vixen is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th November 2019, 02:45 PM   #75
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing
 
Vixen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Suomi
Posts: 17,245
Originally Posted by bagels View Post
Vixen is now breaking guilter protocol by switching from mafia conspiracy to State Department conspiracy. If the State Department was involved in rigging the Supreme Court verdict it means top level US government officials viewed Knox favorably which goes against guilter mantra that Knox is a female Bundy twerp only supported by murder groupie losers as demented as she is.

Be careful Vixen. Don't tell The Machine
It's well known the Department of State got involved. It's why the pair were released.
__________________
Then let the way appear, steps unto heav'n.
All that thou sendest me, in mercy giv'n.'
Vixen is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th November 2019, 02:47 PM   #76
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing
 
Vixen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Suomi
Posts: 17,245
Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post


If there's one thing that can get people together, it's being binded by xenophobia and a belief the Italians were somehow backward thus knowingly supporting a psychopathic killer with whom you have absolutely no personal connection.
FIFY
__________________
Then let the way appear, steps unto heav'n.
All that thou sendest me, in mercy giv'n.'
Vixen is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th November 2019, 02:49 PM   #77
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing
 
Vixen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Suomi
Posts: 17,245
Originally Posted by LondonJohn View Post
Shame you don't understand what Vecchiotti is talking about. Full marks for that science-lite attempt to explain DNA sequencing to us though
Ten out of sixteen of Knox' alleles were highlighted by the PCR machines and the RFU's were high.

Vecchiotti claiming nine of hers would have also matched, shows her to be a corrupt liar, but then she knew that people like you would lap it up and actually believe it.
__________________
Then let the way appear, steps unto heav'n.
All that thou sendest me, in mercy giv'n.'
Vixen is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th November 2019, 02:50 PM   #78
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing
 
Vixen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Suomi
Posts: 17,245
Originally Posted by LondonJohn View Post
Huh? Can you expand further on this out-of-thin-air accusation against Vecchiotti?
<fx face palm> You literally believe her. _DOH!
__________________
Then let the way appear, steps unto heav'n.
All that thou sendest me, in mercy giv'n.'
Vixen is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th November 2019, 02:57 PM   #79
LondonJohn
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 14,234
Originally Posted by Vixen View Post
<fx face palm> You literally believe her. _DOH!


Explain to me where she has lied, then. Remember, you are the one accusing her of being a liar.
LondonJohn is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th November 2019, 02:59 PM   #80
LondonJohn
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 14,234
Originally Posted by Vixen View Post
Ten out of sixteen of Knox' alleles were highlighted by the PCR machines and the RFU's were high.

Vecchiotti claiming nine of hers would have also matched, shows her to be a corrupt liar, but then she knew that people like you would lap it up and actually believe it.


Where's Knox's allele 9 at locus D7S820 then, Vixen?

I doubt you even begin to understand the implications of that allele not being present at that locus. But do have a go at it. (Hint: there are huge implications)
LondonJohn is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Reply

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Trials and Errors

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:01 PM.
Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

This forum began as part of the James Randi Education Foundation (JREF). However, the forum now exists as
an independent entity with no affiliation with or endorsement by the JREF, including the section in reference to "JREF" topics.

Disclaimer: Messages posted in the Forum are solely the opinion of their authors.