ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » Welcome to ISF » Other Skeptical Organizations » JREF » Million Dollar Challenge » Challenge Applications

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags timed out , michael gaouette , mdc , image projection , challenge application

Old 31st August 2005, 10:57 AM   #1
KRAMER
Former challenge facilitator

Michael GAOUETTE, 3D Projector

This application arrived in the final week of August, 2005.

I would like to demonstrate to you, my ability to project 3D Holographic images (of Human faces and bodies, and other types of human or demonic face and body images...) I do this by staring at pieces of foil and plastic. I suggest that my test be done in a semi-dark room, (a motel room is what I would like). A candle and a small source of light is sufficient. I would like an assistant to place the foil and plastic in a prearranged manner. I then enter the room (so that there is no chance of my somehow prearranging the images, as if that would be any easier...) anyway, an observer, who should be standing behind me, or within my line of sight, will start to see the images appear, almost instantly. The foil will move bend and crumple a bit, as the plastic will also. This moving and bending and crumpling is the PK effect that the hologram uses to perfect the bizarre and {perfect} 3D images that are sometimes too realistic as to scare the "Begeezas" out of anyone who doesn't understand what us going on...

I have demonstrated this (and other things) to a few people. All of them saw it, and it unnerved them to no end. A before and after photo of materials used (foil and plastic sheets)to prove that something has been impacting the surface of the material. )
The surface of such will be disturbed with lines, waves and dots where none had been present before. Of course if nothing appeared on the foil, that would be a big failure...I have overcome
a lot of greif and pain to come to terms with this ability and now I want to show you. I would like to discuss a few other details for the test, small details, but those are the basics...3D imaging with PK properties by gazing onto the materials mentioned...I want to keep this short, but if you have the nerve and are willing to take the time to look, and I mean look at these entities, then lets get it done, the sooner, the better...O.K., that's about it for now.. what do you think?

-Michael W. Gaouette

=============================================

Dear Mr. Gaouette,

Thank you for submitting a JREF ONE MILLION DOLLAR PARANORMAL CHALLENGE application.

Before we can accept your claim for testing, we require 3 notarized affidavits from 3 persons who have witnessed this phenomenon and can offer no rational explanation for it. These 3 individuals must be “professionals”, such as doctors, lawyers, teachers, government workers, therapists, psychologists, etc.

Once we have the aforementioned affidavits, your application will be accepted.

Please feel free to continue this correspondence via email at the internet address below. I look forward to your reply.
Old 9th September 2005, 07:52 AM   #2
KRAMER

Kramer....
I wanted to ask you... Why do you require the affidavits for my claim... don't get me wrong, I understand that this is your contest, and I must obey the rules you put forth. However, I really thought that your orginization would really jump at my claim?

What I want to demonstrate is not something that, well, you go around bragging about. I know I can get the 3 affidavits, but wouldn't you and Randi/et al want to opportunity to see it first? I mean, when I do get those people to see what I can do, I think that will really strenghten my claim, and then what?
I just had to get that out.. I will follow your requests, if that is what you/Randi want.. I just thought that you might want to see it first...

That's about all I guess... Keep me in the lineup...

I guess I have to scamble for some people to dazzle/shock/bewilder!

Respectfully,
M. Gaouette

===========================================

Hello Mr. Gaouette,

We make this requirement with many of the most implausible claims in order to avoid wasting both our time and the applicant's by putting the effort and significant manpower into the testing of a paranormal claim that, in great likelihood, does not really exist.

Many claims such as yours are not observable to anyone other than the applicant, which suggests that there is some type of self-delusion at work, rather than actual phenomenon. This is why we ask for 3 affidavits from person who have actually witnessed or experienced the phenomenon you claim.

We don't want to "see it first". Before we can accept your claim, we need to be reasonably certain that ANYONE can see it, and that at least 3 persons actually HAVE.

At that point, we can begin to arrange for a preliminary test.
Old 4th October 2005, 08:38 AM   #3
KRAMER

From Mr. Gaouette

Hello Kramer,

I was just reading some of the forum strings, especially the one about the "affidatis.' I must say, really, I don't know you, you don't know me, I am aware that my claim seems to be, "unusual," but isn't that what makes this so interesting? Please, I hope that you refrain from calling my mental capacity into question. All I am is a hopeful candidate, who has abided by your rules thus far. If you want me to get the 3 affidatis, I will. I believe I have two already, one is a lawyer and the other a teacher. I will submit all the information when I am able.

You never requested that I supply my personal information, i.e, "who I am" so making references to my mental state seems unfair.... If anyone wants to know who I am or what I am about, yes, I can supply that. Let them be the judge,.. fair enough.?
I still believe in what I can do,,, I really hope I get my chance, once all the the formalities are in order.... to demonstrate this bizare "Talent." By the way, is it improper for me to ask if any of your members or interested parties care to see for themselves what I can do.. and perhaps be another affidatit? Would take about 5 minutes to '
convince them...
again,,,
thank you
Hope to move it to the next level soon..

Respectfully,

M. Gaouette
KRAMER is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th October 2005, 08:39 AM   #4
KRAMER

What exactly is is that you are asking of me, sir? I don't understand this email. Please clarify.
Old 31st October 2005, 11:20 AM   #5
KRAMER

???

Dear Mr. Gaouette,

I have received no response to my last email, sent on 9-29-2005.

It has been over 30 days since we last heard from you regarding your claim. Do you intend to withdraw your application?

We generally close files if correspondence with the applicant ceases.

Please advise us of your intentions at your earliest convenience.
Old 2nd November 2005, 12:37 PM   #6
KRAMER

Kramer,

No, I do not want to withdrawl my applicaiton...as perhaps you can understand... the 3 signatures you have requested that I provide has been a real challenge... But... I was thinking about asking the group that did the test on the guy in July..The IIG.. I might as well ask your permission now, would save alot of back and forth wondering...I was just going to contact them when I saw your email and I am responding to you first.. I want you to know that I would still like to take the challenge, and for now, this seems (the IIG route) the best and fastest way to get this done... right!

I sincerely hope you would agree..?

Respectfully,
M.W. Gaouette

================================================== ===

Dear Mr. Gaouette,

What is the "IIG GROUP"? Which test in July are you refering to? Please explain.

So long as the affidavits are from educated, impartial persons who would approach your demonstration with a critical eye, we would accept them.
Old 4th November 2005, 11:06 AM   #7
KRAMER

Dear Kramer,

I thought it was IIG,, sorry, it (they) are the Center for Inquiry West. They administered a test for Achau Nguyen claims on July 23...2005. I believe you know of them? I notified them of my intent and for your permission..

I'll keep you closely advised from now on...

thanks...

M.W. Gaouette

================================================== ======

Dear Mr. Gaouette,

CFI-West. Yes, of course, I know of them by that name.

I believe that you are jumping the gun a bit, as it is CFI-West who would be administering the preliminary test, and we have yet to accept your application. However, if it is your intent to procure the three affidavits we require from persons at CFI-West, we would certainly accept them.

Please understand, however, that any demonstration you provide for them in your efforts to gather 3 affidavits will NOT be acceptable as a JREF test. That would occur AFTER we receive the 3 affidavits, and after we arrive at a mutually acceptable test protocol, which you could certainly feel free to negotiate with Jim Underdown or his associates at CFI-West.

Please do feel free to contact Jim Underdown at CFI-West to see if he can help you to jump-start the process.

Thanks for keeping me advised of everything. Please "cc" me on all correspondence you share with Jim. And Good Luck!

Last edited by KRAMER; 4th November 2005 at 11:11 AM.
KRAMER is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th November 2005, 11:23 AM   #8
KRAMER

Hello Kramer...

Thank you for your reply... I think we are finally on the right track now! I fully understand that the test with them (CFI) is only to gather the three signatures requried by JREF.

Aside from that...the reason that I believe the CFI is the ideal choice for my "specific" claim is the very nature of my claim. Let's face it, if what I
claim is valid, I might not just want to try and prove this to just anyone. The people who I would supposedly approach with this,(professionals, etc.), would be the ones, (if I didn't know them, perhaps) might not want to wait for me to prove my claim. I would suspect that I go claiming this and that.. they would say.."sure, we would love to see that, why don't you come on down to the station with us.. we have some nice people you can talk too!"

You might not ever hear from me again, get the idea?

Of course, if I really had to, I am sure I would be able to get the required signoffs for my claim to proceed... I just like the idea of it all done at once and with a a reputable group such as the CFI.

OK, again thanks for your consideration and time.

I'll get back with you once something is established, either way.

Have a better one,
M. W. Gaouette
Old 22nd November 2005, 07:09 AM   #9
KRAMER

From Jim Underdown at CFI-West

Kramer,

Just wanted to let you know that we heard from M. W. Gaouette and will move forward with a test if he agrees to the usual requitements.

It seems testable at first glance...

Best regards,

James Underdown
Executive Director
Center for Inquiry-West
Old 6th January 2006, 07:48 AM   #10
KRAMER

After a brief telephone discussion with our associate Jim Underdown at CFI-West (over a month ago) on the subject of what might constitute an appropriate test protocol for his claim, this applicant has gone AWOL.

International Skeptics Forum » Welcome to ISF » Other Skeptical Organizations » JREF » Million Dollar Challenge » Challenge Applications