ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » Welcome to ISF » Other Skeptical Organizations » JREF » Million Dollar Challenge » Challenge Applications

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags rejected , mdc , dowsing , dewey iles , challenge application

Old 11th January 2006, 11:30 AM   #1
KRAMER
Former challenge facilitator

DEWEY ILES, Malcontent

This note is to comply with the application requirement "a description of what will constitute the demonstration". It is also a notice of your pending comeuppance, Dr. Randi.

No theories, no explanations, no arguments, I am going to kick Dr. Randi's intellectual butt and watch him squirm and weasel as he reneged on his boisterous challenge.

Simply stated: Under conditions previously agreed to by both parties, the JREF and myself, I can "dowse/witch/divine" (locate) a 4" pipe that has been buried underground in a manner that neither party has yet agreed upon. The tools to be used in the demonstration shall be two modified coat hangers, used in the classic "dowsing" sense, and a spade to expose both the pipe and Dr. Randi.

The demonstration shall be deemed "constituted" when a perpendicular trench, no more than 3 feet long, and sufficiently deep, exposes the buried pipe to any observer.

Success or failure shall be determined by answering a simple, two-part question. "Did the demonstrator find the pipe, or didn't he not find it?"

NO ifs, NO ANDS, NO BUTs, NO ARGUMENTS, NO BULLS***, NO EXCUSES Dr. Randi AND NO RENEGING.

Foolish is demonstrated by the fact that Dewey is submitting this application with the full knowledge that he is dealing with a sickie who is hell bent on proving that there is nothing under the sun that he, the psychotic know-it-all, does not know about and fully understand.

Randi; heads up, or should I say Butts Up. You've got a very unscientific ass-kicking coming. I'm shinning up my coat hanger butt-kickers just as soon as I mail this application. I can't wait to see what technicality you come up with to avoid paying up. This is going to be the easiest money I ever earned, even though I know you are not going to pay.

-Dewey M. Iles

================================================== ======

Dear Mr. Iles,

We do not accept applications submitted from the ranks of the terminally belligerent.

Hence, yours has been rejected.

Dowse THAT.

-Kramer, JREF Paranormal Claims Dept.

Last edited by KRAMER; 11th January 2006 at 01:27 PM.
KRAMER is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » Welcome to ISF » Other Skeptical Organizations » JREF » Million Dollar Challenge » Challenge Applications