ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » Welcome to ISF » Other Skeptical Organizations » JREF » Million Dollar Challenge » Challenge Applications

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags timed out , mdc , kirlian photography , healing , challenge application , auras , baltazar lopez

Old 2nd January 2006, 10:01 AM   #1
KRAMER
Former challenge facilitator

Baltazar Lopez, Mexican "??????????"

The first claim of the new year, 2006. Wonderful.

As I told U mr. Randy...

- U can photograph my energy,.. u can feel it!

- some people can see it.... and

- Everybody enjoys it!!

- Is actual, I can even do something for u... cure sickness, make u change ure life..

- Here is my application!!

Thanks

Baltazar Lopez

================================================== =====

Dear Mr. Lopez,

Thank you for your recent correspondence and application.

Firstly, we are unable to process your application, as it was not notarized. Please send us a properly executed, notarized application if you wish to proceed.

You also chose to ignore Rule #1 (and #12): you made several paranormal claims, while neglecting to propose a test that might verify any of them.

Please chose a single claim, and then, please submit to us a proposal for a test in which you can successfully demonstrate it, as per the Challenge rules.

I would also strongly suggest that you read all 13 rules of the Challenge before you proceed. It is important that you understand them all.

Once we have your application with the required notarized signature (along with your revised claim letter and test protocol proposal), we can then review your application.

Also, if there is an email address through which we might reach you, it would certainly help to expedite matters.

-Kramer, JREF Paranormal Claims Dept.

Last edited by KRAMER; 2nd January 2006 at 10:36 AM.
KRAMER is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st May 2006, 08:30 AM   #2
Jeff Wagg
Illuminator

This notarized application was received in late February at the JREF. It included a picture of the applicant as well as photo copies of other personal documents.

The application was filled out in Spanish, and translated into English, though the Spanish portion contains a full page of text that has not been translated. The claimant will be contacted and asked for clarification.

Typos may be mine, as I am typing this in, but there is a great deal of eccentricity in this letter.

Quote:
Mr. Kramer:

This is Baltazar Lopez from Morelia Mexico.
thanks a lot for Ure answer...

Firstly I want to tell U that I'm not ignoring Ure rules... I'm not telling U! I'm proposing a kind of probes pick one U can see!!

Second... As a FIRST TEST U can verify, get a real sick person that can DESIRE to be cured so U can watch, because if I choose a people U can think I'm making tricks.

As SECOND TEST I propose, U can take a photograph of me!! get a machine like Kirlian or similar so U can see my special energy!! it's real!!

Thrith...I know perfectly Mr. Randy is not very OK lately that's why I expressed on my letter that I can do something for him, this is fhte first paranomral probe I pick up!!.. tell to Mr. Randi to choose a date an hour he REALLY want to be cured I INSIST ON!! really desire it!! and let me know it so he can feel my power (don't matter distance or illness).

PD: 1 I'm Randi's admirator
2 I send U my picture so U can know me!!
3 Of course I will send U a notarized letter but for the moment Mr. Randi needs my help!!
4 My phone number is XXXX XX XX XX get code

Thanks for every thing!! Kramer@randi.org

Baltazar Lopez
Jeff Wagg is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th June 2006, 02:04 PM   #3
Jeff Wagg
Illuminator

Letter I sent to Baltazar Lopez:

06/16/06

Dear Baltazar Lopez,

My name is Jeff Wagg, and I'll be handling your claim as Kramer is no longer with the JREF.

We have received your challenge application. Before we can proceed, we need to be clear on what you can do.

You mention two things: healing, and Kirlian photography.

Unfortunately, we're having a hard time understanding your English, and we do not speak Spanish.

For the sake of simplicity, we're going to try to work with you on your claim of healing. Please answer the following questions for us:

1. What conditions can you heal that we can test? We need something obvious and testable, not something like a headache. For example, can you heal wounds, mend bones, or remove visible cancer?
  2. Under what conditions can you perform such a feat?
  3. What would you consider a successful demonstration?

For example, if you were to say you could heal bone instantly, we could arrange for an X-ray to be taken of a broken bone, have you perform your talents, and then X-ray again. If a qualified radiologists confirmed that the second X-ray revealed no break, that might work. But this is just an example; please tell us what you can do.

Also, things could proceed much faster if we could communicate via e-mail. If you can, please contact me at jeff@randi.org.

Jeff Wagg

James Randi Educational Foundation
Jeff Wagg is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » Welcome to ISF » Other Skeptical Organizations » JREF » Million Dollar Challenge » Challenge Applications