ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » Welcome to ISF » Other Skeptical Organizations » JREF » Million Dollar Challenge » Challenge Applications

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags telekinesis , vadim kuzmenko , timed out , mdc , challenge application

Old 7th July 2005, 12:45 PM   #1
KRAMER
Former challenge facilitator

VADIM KUZMENKO, Russian Telekinetic

This fellow had been emailing me for many months. It took that long to get him to understand that he must send an application if he wanted to become a Challenge applicant and have a chance at the million dollar prize.

He finally chose to send an application, and I received it today.

==============================================

I shall show you my abilities to telekinesis. I shall increase amplitude of fluctuations of a pendulum, using the paranormal energy.

The description of experiment.

The conic glass flask is densely closed by a rubber cover. The cargo is attached to a cover on a thread, by weight 5-50 gram. The flask stands on a rigid support, vibrations of a support is excluded.

Under my sight the amplitude of fluctuation of this pendulum considerably increases. I turn away or I leave the room and the amplitude of fluctuations of a pendulum decreases.

==============================================

Hello Mr. Kuzmenko,

I am in receipt of your Challenge application. Your claim has been accepted for testing.

However, in order to find someone in Russia to act as the JREF
representative and test you, we must have some evidence that you can actually demonstrate your claim.

Have you ever demonstrated this power for observors? If so, would they be willing to provide us with written evidence that they have actually witnessed this phenomenon?

I look forward to your reply.
Old 11th July 2005, 11:11 AM   #2
KRAMER

Evidence?

Hello Mr Kramer,
I send you the link to magazine Men's Health where the fragment from British newspaper Daily Express about my abilities has been published.

http://www.menshealth.co.uk/news/story.phtml?id=3386

I think it will be enough. Japanese company Asahi has shot a film " Russian miracle " in which it was told about my abilities. Besides I took part in various programs on Russian TV. Some articles about my abilities have been printed in the Russian press.

Yours faithfully,
Vadim Kuzmenko

===========================================

Dear Mr. Kuzmenko,

The link you have sent to us is not acceptable as evidence of anything. It is simply an article in a magazine, and we have seen thousands like them. They are just stories, with no real evidence offered to support the claim. Written evidence is NOT real evidence.

However, we will try to contact someone in Russia who will help us to test your claim.

We will write to Dr. Valery Kuvakin today and ask him if he can assist us with the investigation of your claim, and act as the JREF's representative. You must write to him also, telling him that you have been accepted for the JREF Challenge :

ZDRAVYI SMYSL (Common Sense)
Novatorov 18-2-2
117421 Moscow

Please be patient for a reply. Sometimes setting up a proper test can takes weeks or months.
Old 4th January 2006, 11:23 AM   #3
KRAMER

Dear Mr. Kuzmenko,

We have not heard from you in over 6 months, and we have not been advised by our investigative associate in Russia that you made any attempt to contact him.

Do you wish to withdraw your Challenge application at this time?

If we do not hear back from you within 4 weeks, we will assume that you are no longer interested in pursuing this matter, and we will close your file accordingly.
Old 9th January 2006, 11:43 AM   #4
KRAMER

Hello Mr Kramer,

I negotiated with Dr. Valery A. Kuvakin. But he not the physicist! He has given me phone of the known physicist from Novosibirsk. His name Edward Krugljakov. He your fellow . He the sceptic and the conformist. I called to him. I have suggested him to make experiment. He has told that will not participate in this experiment.

Yours faithfully,
Vadim Kuzmenko

================================================== ===

Dear Mr. Kuzmenko,

I regret to hear that Dr. Kuvakin was unable to agree to join you in this experiment, but he is the expert in these matters, and, if after discussing this with you he decided not to become involved, surely it is because he knows enough about such matters to understand that what you are claiming as paranormal is in actuality nothing of the sort. If no qualified individual can be convinced to take part in your experiment, it is surely because they see no value in doing so, and this leaves us with out hands tied. Without being fluent in Russian, I must accept the conclusions of our associates in Russia, and trust that they have arrived at the only possible assessment.

We cannot force anyone, either here in the USA or in Russia, to be a participant in your experiment. Unless you are able to enlist the confidence and assistance of someone in Russia, I fear that we may find ourselves unable to test your claim. I regret this deeply, but there is little that I am able to do about it from here in Florida.

-Kramer
JREF Paranormal Claims Dept.
KRAMER is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » Welcome to ISF » Other Skeptical Organizations » JREF » Million Dollar Challenge » Challenge Applications