ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » Welcome to ISF » Other Skeptical Organizations » JREF » Million Dollar Challenge » Challenge Applications

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags telepathy , rejected , mdc , joe fay , challenge application

Old 17th January 2006, 11:03 AM   #1
KRAMER
Former challenge facilitator

JOE FAY, Mental Telepathizer

This claim arrived in the year 2000 and was handled by my predecessor, Andrew Harter, as follows:

Dear Foundation People,

I learned about the JREF this August 3rd, and your web page the 7th.

I was very interested right away.

My only paranormal ability is mental telepathy. I can easily telepathise 1,000's of miles away, without even noticing it! It is difficult for me to tell I am ceasing.

Cher remarked and spoke my name on their show. The Sonny and Cher Show.
That was the first airing after I started telepathising, 25 years and 3 months ago.

Grace Slick, with Jefferson Airplane, sings my name - Joe Fay - in their song "Light The Sky". Elton John speaks my name also, in the song "Someone Saved My Life Tonight". Other musicians, including Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers have sung about me also.

I would be glad to demonstrate the paranormal ability of mental telepathy. Sure, under mutually agreed upon scientific conditions. Also would like to join the James Randi Educational Foundation, if I may. Please wright and let me know how much it costs to do so, and to recieve Swift. Would you like somebody who could be of great service in edeucational seminar demonstrations? I couldn't pay my own way, yet I would enjoy it.

I am interested in your $1M Challenge.

I realize the prize is one million, with a complete difference yet still $200,000 is all I really could use. I know the Foundation is a not-for-profit, and I am grateful.

I appreciate your goals, including reaching out to the public and media and next generation with critical thinking.

May God Bless You.

Yours Truly,

Joseph Shannon Fay

================================================== ===

Dear Mr. Fay,

We have received your letter and application for status of claimant. In order to proceed with your claim we require a more specific description of your claim. What do you propose to do as a demonstration? How accurate are you?

Once you have provided us with a description of what you propose to demonstrate we can start planning how to test your claim.

-Andrew Harter, Lecturer

================================================== ===

Description of what will constitute the demonstration.

Any kind of remote sensing will do. I can telepathize anything that comes into my mind. Including thoughts.

Everyone in the world picks up mental telepathy, while there may be a few exceptions.

I believe they exist.

-Joseph Fay

================================================== ====

Andrew again responded by requesting that the applicant offer details on the proposed test, but the letter was returned to us as "Undeliverable - Moved Left No Address", and the file was closed accordingly.

Last edited by KRAMER; 17th January 2006 at 11:06 AM.
KRAMER is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » Welcome to ISF » Other Skeptical Organizations » JREF » Million Dollar Challenge » Challenge Applications