IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags loose change , part 1 , 911 conspiracy theory

Closed Thread
Old 18th April 2006, 09:30 AM   #1361
chipmunk stew
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Shaun from Scotland View Post
You know, on reading this thread I think we have missed the big picture. In the face of lies, deceit and willful obfuscation the JREF forum stands for truth, honesty and the principles of critical thinking.

JREF forum members take a bow.
chipmunk stew is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 18th April 2006, 10:25 AM   #1362
Ramooone
Thinker

i really enjoy how all the CT'ers talk about how corrupt the government is and how evil the government is for planning and executing 9/11. yet, all the CT'ers still trust the gov. to inspect our meats and crops(usda) they still pay their taxes im sure, they still obey the laws. i mean, if everything is so corrupt how can you trust the government to be doing anything for you? i mean, if they planned 9/11 how do you know they arent slowly poisoning our water supply, or letting contaminated crops and meats ruin our farming industry which is already in shambles? How do you can you believe anything the government says or does?

These people think they got it bad from our government, they should go hang around darfur for a week or china or any of the other places on this earth where people are horribly oppressed/murdered for rights we take for granted.
I'm not saying some things arent screwed up over here, but in perspective to other countries we got it pretty good, and although i dont agree at all with the current administration i know im not going to get the death penalty for expressing my freedom of speech.
Ramooone is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 18th April 2006, 10:31 AM   #1363
brodski
Tea-Time toad

Originally Posted by chipmunk stew View Post
Well deserved praise for you there CS.
Oh and happy birthday.
brodski is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 18th April 2006, 10:39 AM   #1364
aggle-rithm
Ardent Formulist

Originally Posted by Ramooone View Post
i really enjoy how all the CT'ers talk about how corrupt the government is and how evil the government is for planning and executing 9/11. yet, all the CT'ers still trust the gov. to inspect our meats and crops(usda) they still pay their taxes im sure, they still obey the laws. i mean, if everything is so corrupt how can you trust the government to be doing anything for you? i mean, if they planned 9/11 how do you know they arent slowly poisoning our water supply, or letting contaminated crops and meats ruin our farming industry which is already in shambles? How do you can you believe anything the government says or does?

These people think they got it bad from our government, they should go hang around darfur for a week or china or any of the other places on this earth where people are horribly oppressed/murdered for rights we take for granted.
I'm not saying some things arent screwed up over here, but in perspective to other countries we got it pretty good, and although i dont agree at all with the current administration i know im not going to get the death penalty for expressing my freedom of speech.
They should try going to a foreign country and getting arrested. As they wait thirty years or so for their case to come to trial, they would have plenty of time to ponder how fortunate they have been.

Woo's razor: Never attribute to stupidity that which can be adequately explained by aliens.
aggle-rithm is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 18th April 2006, 10:48 AM   #1365
delphi_ote
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Ramooone View Post

You're right, Ramooone. Their behavior is totally inconsistent with their beliefs. I pointed this out to them a few times, but I never got a response.

After my encounter with them, the only hypothesis I have so far that makes sense is that deep down, they don't actually believe what they're saying. It's just a fun game. It's fantasy or roleplaying. G.I. Joe for adults.
delphi_ote is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 18th April 2006, 05:55 PM   #1366
shuize
Master Poster

Originally Posted by delphi_ote View Post
You're right, Ramooone. Their behavior is totally inconsistent with their beliefs. I pointed this out to them a few times, but I never got a response.

After my encounter with them, the only hypothesis I have so far that makes sense is that deep down, they don't actually believe what they're saying. It's just a fun game. It's fantasy or roleplaying. G.I. Joe for adults.
I've had similar conversations with CT folks and I've come to the same conclusion. If I honestly believed a tenth of what they say about the government were true, I'd take up arms. I sure as hell wouldn't be paying taxes or logging onto the internet to leave a record of who I was for that evil government to track me down when I exposed its nefarious deeds.

Ironically, however, I once had a conversation with a die hard CTer about social security that went
like this:

Him: The "government" is conspiring to take social security away from us. We can't let that happen, man!

Me: Wait. You believe the government murdered 3,000 Americans but still trust it to run your retirement?

Him: That's different. It's not the same people.

Me: WTF?!

Last edited by shuize; 18th April 2006 at 06:33 PM.
shuize is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 18th April 2006, 09:50 PM   #1367
CptColumbo
Just One More Question

You've reminded me to ask if their theory is even a theory? Could it still be only a hypothesis?
The tools of conquest do not necessarily come with bombs and explosions and fallout. There are weapons that are simply thoughts, attitudes, prejudices to be only found in the minds of men. Prejudices and suspicion can destroy, and a thoughtless frightened search for a scapegoat has a fallout all its own.--Rod Serling
CptColumbo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 18th April 2006, 10:01 PM   #1368
delphi_ote
Philosopher

Originally Posted by CptColumbo View Post
You've reminded me to ask if their theory is even a theory? Could it still be only a hypothesis?
It's technically a hypothesis in the technical sense... and maybe not even that (being that it doesn't account for most data available and the "researchers" don't seem to have any eye toward actually testing the thing. If I could choose a new noun phrase for everyone to use to describe this phenomina, it would be "conspiracy claim." That's much more precise.)

But since they're so far removed from science, I don't see any reason to be too careful about using "theory" in the casual sense of the word.
delphi_ote is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 18th April 2006, 10:09 PM   #1369
CptColumbo
Just One More Question

It's technically a hypothesis in the technical sense... and maybe not even that (being that it doesn't account for most data available and the "researchers" don't seem to have any eye toward actually testing the thing. If I could choose a new noun phrase for everyone to use to describe this phenomina, it would be "conspiracy claim." That's much more precise.)

But since they're so far removed from science, I don't see any reason to be too careful about using "theory" in the casual sense of the word.
I would never accuse a CT of using the wrong term, I just like to keep information like that handy.
The tools of conquest do not necessarily come with bombs and explosions and fallout. There are weapons that are simply thoughts, attitudes, prejudices to be only found in the minds of men. Prejudices and suspicion can destroy, and a thoughtless frightened search for a scapegoat has a fallout all its own.--Rod Serling
CptColumbo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 19th April 2006, 11:28 AM   #1370
brodski
Tea-Time toad

Thanks.

I've just found out that one of my neighbors is hooked on the 9/11 ct's.
I've just been arguing with him for the past hour and a half about this, thank god I was using my laptop to use this thread (and others) to rebut his specific points.
I didn't convince him of anything however, he claimed that what was important was his gut feeling, and as "no-one can ever know anything for certain" evidence was secondary.
but thanks for a great resource.
brodski is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 19th April 2006, 12:14 PM   #1371
senorpogo
Master Poster

Originally Posted by shuize View Post
I've had similar conversations with CT folks and I've come to the same conclusion. If I honestly believed a tenth of what they say about the government were true, I'd take up arms. I sure as hell wouldn't be paying taxes or logging onto the internet to leave a record of who I was for that evil government to track me down when I exposed its nefarious deeds.

Ironically, however, I once had a conversation with a die hard CTer about social security that went
like this:

Him: The "government" is conspiring to take social security away from us. We can't let that happen, man!

Me: Wait. You believe the government murdered 3,000 Americans but still trust it to run your retirement?

Him: That's different. It's not the same people.

Me: WTF?!

I know some people who regularly complain about the amount of control the US government currently has yet they're all for completely socializing medicine here in the states.

"Government has too much power over us. So let's give them another way to control our lives."
senorpogo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 19th April 2006, 12:17 PM   #1372
senorpogo
Master Poster

Originally Posted by brodski View Post
I've just been arguing with him for the past hour and a half about this, thank god I was using my laptop to use this thread (and others) to rebut his specific points.
I didn't convince him of anything however, he claimed that what was important was his gut feeling, and as "no-one can ever know anything for certain" evidence was secondary.
I am dying to run into some 9/11 theorist just so I can whoop up on him or her with my JREF-fu.

"Your logic-defying, free-fall Tiger technique is no match for my structural engineer stance."
senorpogo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 19th April 2006, 12:33 PM   #1373
WildCat
NWO Master Conspirator

Unfortunately, he'll be on a jury some day.
Old 19th April 2006, 12:37 PM   #1374
delphi_ote
Philosopher

Originally Posted by WildCat View Post
Democracy is not without its flaws...
Old 19th April 2006, 12:37 PM   #1375
brodski
Tea-Time toad

don't get me started on some of the cretins I met when I was doing jury duty,
actually you couldn't, because it is illegal for me to talk about it.
Old 19th April 2006, 12:38 PM   #1376
Manny
Illuminator

I'll play the optimist here and say that I hope it's mine!
Manny is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 19th April 2006, 12:41 PM   #1377
brodski
Tea-Time toad

Originally Posted by senorpogo View Post
I am dying to run into some 9/11 theorist just so I can whoop up on him or her with my JREF-fu.

"Your logic-defying, free-fall Tiger technique is no match for my structural engineer stance."
the trouble is, they just learn the mantra "there's too many unanswered questions".
RANT! OF COURSE THERE ARE UNANSWERED QUESTIONS, THERE ALWAYS IS IN REAL LIFE, WE CAN NEVER KNOW EVERY LITTLE DETAIL, BUT WE KNOW ENOUGH TO KNOW PRETTY MUCH WHAT HAPPENED.

sorry for shouting.
Old 19th April 2006, 12:44 PM   #1378
brodski
Tea-Time toad

Originally Posted by manny View Post
I'll play the optimist here and say that I hope it's mine!
unless you are planning a crime spree in north London, I doubt he will be.

Are you planning a crime spree in north London?

Mind you I'm sure you could find twelve idiots where you live, I mean they're hardly a scarce resource world wide, are they?
Old 19th April 2006, 12:53 PM   #1379
Hellbound
Merchant of Doom

Location: Not in Hell, but I can see it from here on a clear day...
Mind you I'm sure you could find twelve idiots where you live, I mean they're hardly a scarce resource world wide, are they?
Quite right. Can't throw a stone without hitting one.

Mind you, sometimes that not an entirely bad thing...

Old 19th April 2006, 12:55 PM   #1380
Manny
Illuminator

Are you planning a crime spree in north London?
Anyplace that they know what a Wookie is!
Manny is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 19th April 2006, 01:14 PM   #1381
WildCat
NWO Master Conspirator

don't get me started on some of the cretins I met when I was doing jury duty,
actually you couldn't, because it is illegal for me to talk about it.
I didn't know that about British juries. In the US jurors can make the round of talk shows after the case is over.
Old 19th April 2006, 01:21 PM   #1382
geggy
Muse

I admit I haven't read the entire thread but I do have questions of my own...

How was it possible that Osama Bin Laden was named the culprit within 7 hours of the attacks when the Bush Administration claimed they had no foreknowledge of the operation being planned? Do you think the FBI were given enough time to gather evidence to support that accusation let alone Osama denied he had any involvement of the plot?

How was it possible for the amateur pilots to fly planes off course, turn off transponders and were be able to find their intended targets, let alone defeating the most technology advanced defense system in the world? The incompetence theory is laughable.

The pentagon was struck by a boeing ONE HOUR after the first attack in New York City without any scramblings of Air Force fighter jets to protect the skies in Washington, DC. Where were they?

Why was the collapsing of the WTC7, which fell in a free fall, controlled demolition style, not mentioned in the 9/11 Commission Report?
geggy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 19th April 2006, 01:22 PM   #1383
brodski
Tea-Time toad

I didn't know that about British juries. In the US jurors can make the round of talk shows after the case is over.
well you have that whole "freedom of speech thing" don't you.
Old 19th April 2006, 01:25 PM   #1384
gmanontario
Muse

Originally Posted by geggy View Post

How was it possible that Osama Bin Laden was named the culprit within 7 hours of the attacks when the Bush Administration claimed they had no foreknowledge of the operation being planned? Do you think the FBI were given enough time to gather evidence to support that accusation let alone Osama denied he had any involvement of the plot?

How was it possible for the amateur pilots to fly planes off course, turn off transponders and were be able to find their intended targets, let alone defeating the most technology advanced defense system in the world? The incompetence theory is laughable.

The pentagon was struck by a boeing ONE HOUR after the first attack in New York City without any scramblings of Air Force fighter jets to protect the skies in Washington, DC. Where were they?

Why was the collapsing of the WTC7, which fell in a free fall, controlled demolition style, not mentioned in the 9/11 Commission Report?
And the merry-go-round continues....

Why don't you tell us why and it can be discussed from there?
gmanontario is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 19th April 2006, 01:33 PM   #1385
Gravy
Downsitting Citizen

Originally Posted by manny View Post
Anyplace that they know what a Wookie is!
I used to pay a guy to breed pets that looked like Star Wars creatures, but I stopped using him when he wouldn't give me a refund after Jabba the Cat only lived for three weeks.
Old 19th April 2006, 01:38 PM   #1386
brodski
Tea-Time toad

maybe they jumped to a conclusion, when first investigating a crime, it's not unusual for the police to look at who had "previous" relevant to the crime, OBL had attacked the WTC before, and in this case, the hunch played out, it happens.

The hard parts of flying a plane tend to be take off and landing, the 9/11 hijackers did neither.
transponders help Air Traffic Control track planes, they do not help the plane navigate, prior to 9/11 information on the controls of commercial aircraft was not difficult to come by.
The air defence system was not intended to be used against civilian aircraft, everyone expect the first planes (and passengers) to be held for ransom, not used as weapons.

and how exactly would shooting down a plane over a highly populated area be a better outcome? And how long would it take for the fighter jets to intercept the planes, especially as the are barred from traveling supersonic whilst on intercept missions.

The buildings fell nothing like a controlled demolition, if they fell "in free fall", how come we can clearly see the ejected debris falling faster than the buildings in the video footage?
Old 19th April 2006, 01:39 PM   #1387
brodski
Tea-Time toad

Originally Posted by Gravy View Post
I used to pay a guy to breed pets that looked like Star Wars creatures, but I stopped using him when he wouldn't give me a refund after Jabba the Cat only lived for three weeks.
Old 19th April 2006, 01:43 PM   #1388
Gravy
Downsitting Citizen

Geggy, I posted some helpful links in answer to 9/11 questions this morning. If you still have questions after checking these sources, come on back!

p.s. You are aware that the NIST WTC 7 report hasn't been released yet, right? It took a while because they were running an investigation.
Old 19th April 2006, 01:43 PM   #1389
WildCat
NWO Master Conspirator

How was it possible that Osama Bin Laden was named the culprit within 7 hours of the attacks when the Bush Administration claimed they had no foreknowledge of the operation being planned?
I assumed that the second I heard of the attack. It is his MO, after all.

Quote:
Do you think the FBI were given enough time to gather evidence to support that accusation let alone Osama denied he had any involvement of the plot?
Did FDR give the FBI time to conclude it really was the Japanese that bombed Pearl Harbor?

Quote:
How was it possible for the amateur pilots to fly planes off course, turn off transponders and were be able to find their intended targets,
That's why they took pilot training.

Quote:
let alone defeating the most technology advanced defense system in the world? The incompetence theory is laughable.
Maybe you didn't notice, but it never was US policy to shoot down civilian aircraft flying over US territory. There was no "defense system" in place for this sort of thing.

Quote:
The FAA informed NORAD that Flight 77 had been hijacked at 9:24 AM. F-16's from Langley AFB were airborne at 9:30, Flight 77 hit the Pentagon at 9:37, the F-16's were 105 miles away at this time.

Quote:
It did not fall in "controlled demolition style", it was heavily damaged by the collapse of the WTC and burning out of control for many hours. Firemen did not fight the fire in WTC 7 because of the damage and it was obviously unstable and in imminent danger of collapsing, which it subsequently did. There is a NIST report coming out soon on exactly how it collapsed.

Now that all your questions have been answered, I have no doubt that you will ignore all the answers and post the same questions repeatedly.

I have a question for you - why is there not a single structural engineer in the entire country, and probably the world, who finds anything suspcious about the collapse of WTC 1,2 and 7?
Old 19th April 2006, 01:46 PM   #1390
delphi_ote
Philosopher

The press were the ones that moved right to the accusation. The governemnt suspected, but did not actually state as fact, that OBL was behind the attacks. Al Queda also claimed responsibility for the attacks.
They attended pilot school, genius.
Have you ever been to either of the two airports near DC? Have you even been in DC and just looked up?
Why weren't the Oklahoma City bombings and the pizza I had last night included?
Old 19th April 2006, 01:54 PM   #1391
azazal
Ninja Wave: Techno Ninja

How was it possible for the amateur pilots to fly planes off course, turn off transponders and were be able to find their intended targets

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Okay, quick story time. Long ago in a far away land, ok twenty years ago, my father used to own his own plane - a Piper Tripacer if anyone cares. Guess what, when we would go out for a flight, he would take care of the take off and landing. As for in flight, me a mere 12 year old, would do the flying many a time. He would give me a compass heading and I would follow that. Pretty simple really, and this in the days long before GPS. It was pretty easy to get to the destination airport and the turn the controls back over to dad. Guess what, 9/11 terrorists had plenty of training on how to fly a plane; very easy to do once you are off the ground. And with GPS, very easy to go to where you want to be.

As for transponders, all they really do in broadcast a plane’s ID info. Watch CNN in the mornings, when the travel guy comes on, they always show a national map with all the planes currently in the air. Those plane locations are gathered from the transponders. Guess what, the map is solid blue plane silhouettes. I dare you to find a plane that is out of line on such a map, go ahead, try.
Old 19th April 2006, 02:00 PM   #1392
senorpogo
Master Poster

US intelligence had ample information showing Bin Laden's intent to attack in the United States. Remember Condie quoting that memo? Since it's been thrown in the administration's face countless times since then, I'm sure you're familiar with it. Something along the lines of "Bin Laden determined to attack within the United States."

Also, if you read the 9/11 commission report, you'll see all the intel the US had on the operations of Al-Qaeda in America prior to the attacks. Read this quote about the Phoenix Memo.

"In July 2001, an FBI agent in the Phoenix field office sent a memo to FBI headquarters and to two agents on international terrorism squads in the New York Field Office, advising of the "possibility of a coordinated effort by Usama Bin Ladin" to send students to the United States to attend civil aviation schools."

Is it odd that the FBI could, in seven hours, figure out that the attacks were connected to known terror cells inside the United States that were planning on using planes in a terrorist attack?

I find it odd that you mention that the 9/11 Commission Report does not mention anything about WTC 7, yet you seem oblivious to the fact that the report DOES clearly lay out how much we knew about Osama's intentions to attack America using planes. This suggests to me that you have not read the 9/11 Report, but rather are just parrotting CT talking points that you've found somewhere out there on the net.
Old 19th April 2006, 02:05 PM   #1393
DavidJames
Penultimate Amazing

You've done research into the CT view of the 9/11 event. Have you done any research into the official, unfiltered by the CT perspective, version? If so, maybe you could show your analysis, and supporting evidencde, of where in the offical version you have problems.
For 15 years I never put anyone on ignore. I felt it important to see everyone's view point. Finally I realized the value of some views can be measured in negative terms and were personally destructive.
DavidJames is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 19th April 2006, 02:16 PM   #1394
Gravy
Downsitting Citizen

Originally Posted by senorpogo View Post
I find it odd that you mention that the 9/11 Commission Report does not mention anything about WTC 7, yet you seem oblivious to the fact that the report DOES clearly lay out how much we knew about Osama's intentions to attack America using planes. This suggests to me that you have not read the 9/11 Report, but rather are just parrotting CT talking points that you've found somewhere out there on the net.
It can be hard to wade through all the CT stuff on the net to get to the facts. if you plopped a being from planet x in front of a a computer and had them google "9/11," that being would probably come to the conclusion that there's just about a consensus out there about what happened, and that consensus was in line with CT claims. Of course nothing could be farther from the truth. The CTers are simply vocal about their beliefs.

Geggy, since you're on the "Loose Change" thread, have you seen the video, and if so, what major conclusions do you agree with? It's always interesting to me to know where people are getting their information.
Old 19th April 2006, 02:35 PM   #1395
rwguinn
Penultimate Amazing

What is this--a conspiracy to keep the thread going by asking the same stupid questions over and over?

Well, if you had read the thread, rather than being stupidly lazy, you would find the answers to every D*^n one of your "questions", in at least 2 places.

"Never argue with idiots! They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience...." or beat you down....
I pointed out that his argument was wrong in every particular, but he rightfully took me to task for attacking only the weak points." Myriad http://forums.randi.org/showthread.php?postid=6853275#post6853275
rwguinn is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 19th April 2006, 02:40 PM   #1396
chipmunk stew
Philosopher

The list of top suspects wasn't very long. Bin Laden's determination to attack the US on its own soil was well-known, and the FBI had information suggesting that there were al-Qaeda operatives attending flight schools. They didn't know where, when, or how an attack might take place, but they were fairly certain almost immediately once the attack took place. Once they obtained at the flight manifests and confirmed that some of the passengers on every plane were known to have ties to al-Qaeda, the suspicion was confirmed.

NORAD didn't start monitoring flights inside US borders until after 9/11:
Quote:
Like every government organization, NORAD was caught off guard on Sept. 11. The monitoring of threats went on as usual that day but NORAD operators were looking outward from US borders, seeking incoming danger. NORAD did not anticipate attacks in which civil airliners would be hijacked from domestic airports and turned into weapons against US targets. (SOURCE)
Jets were in flight within minutes of learning that flight 77 was hijacked. They didn't make it in time.

The same reason the Marriott Hotel, which was completely obliterated by WTC 1 & 2, was not mentioned--it was collateral destruction, not a target of the attack. It was irrelevant to the scope of the report.
chipmunk stew is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 19th April 2006, 02:56 PM   #1397
Belz...
Fiend God

No no no. We want people to think we're thinking about targeting the kids. Then they'll let down their guard, because every time they think they've figured out what we're doing, we always do the opposite. When we really go for the kids, because we're telling everyone to suspect it, they won't suspect a thing!
Once more, you're one step ahead of everyone, master.

"Master globalist" should suit you better, don't you think.

"My views are nonsense. So what?" - BobTheCoward

Belz... is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 19th April 2006, 02:59 PM   #1398
Belz...
Fiend God

More like a cult, actually. They BELONG, and that makes them special. I don't know if they realise that they don't really believe in that crap, but that's social animals for ya.

Belz... is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 19th April 2006, 03:01 PM   #1399
Belz...
Fiend God

I didn't convince him of anything however, he claimed that what was important was his gut feeling,
Have you reminded him that some people have gut feelings that they see little elves running around ?

Old 19th April 2006, 03:04 PM   #1400
CurtC
Illuminator

That's why they took pilot training.
Hell, *I* took pilot training. I stopped short of getting my private license, but I could probably hit something the size of a WTC tower in a commercial jet. These terrorists not only got their private licenses, but also got their instrument ratings, and their commercial pilots licenses, plus had lots of simulator time in commercial jets. The only way someone could have asked this question is willful ignorance.
CurtC is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Closed Thread

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories