ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old Yesterday, 01:20 AM   #121
RussDill
Philosopher

Originally Posted by esspee View Post
Lets see if Zapatas team fly the flyboard air in september AT the air show near barcelona.

you would think they would fly there right? I mean it is an air-show, the flyboard air is an exiting experimental aircraft, he has flown it in Barcelona before, and Yves Rossy is flying his real personal jet powered wing there.

Care to make a bet
?

Can't be for money as i have none, But more than happy to do some kind of sportsmans bet that he does not fly the flyboard air actually AT the airshow event, actually DURING the airshow event.
Why is this event any different than any of his other pre-announced appearances. Why should I believe that you'd accept his appearance here as proof?
And lines to code before I sleep
RussDill is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 02:52 AM   #122
esspee
black goo

It is not his own event, unlike the others, and it is a large public event.

Care to make a bet?

I bet he will not fly AT the event DURING the event.
esspee is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 03:18 AM   #123
RussDill
Philosopher

So if Franky would perform at a large public event that isn't run by his organization, you'd accept that as proof?
RussDill is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 03:21 AM   #124
Jack by the hedge
Safely Ignored

What commitment has Zapata actually made with regard to this air show?
Jack by the hedge is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 03:24 AM   #125
esspee
black goo

Originally Posted by RussDill View Post
So if Franky would perform at a large public event that isn't run by his organization, you'd accept that as proof?
I wish to make a sportsmans bet that he will not fly at this event during this event.
esspee is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 03:26 AM   #126
Jack by the hedge
Safely Ignored

I wish to make a sportsmans bet that he will not fly at this event during this event.
I wish to know whether he has said he will.
Jack by the hedge is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 03:26 AM   #127
esspee
black goo

Originally Posted by Jack by the hedge View Post
From what i can tell from that link, he is only planning to demonstrate his water propelled flyboard. Nothing else.

kind of odd, you know, to go to an air show, where everyone is there to see flying machines, and to have such an exiting crowd wowing one of a kind machine as teh flyboard air, and then not bother to fly it.

Old Yesterday, 03:41 AM   #128
RussDill
Philosopher

Quote:
From what i can tell from that link, he is only planning to demonstrate his water propelled flyboard. Nothing else.
https://www.facebook.com/festaalcel/...56000290975616

http://www.lavanguardia.com/local/ma...rd-zapata.html

https://www.pressreader.com/spain/la...82071981733017

http://radiopremiademar.org/homes-vo...a-al-cel-2017/

http://www.cifuentes.biz/jac/index.p...6-festa-al-cel

I could go on, the info is really easy to find.

Quote:
You've denied that he's flown at any event he's appeared in. I'd like to know the exact details that make this event different. So far I've got that the event cannot be run by Zapata Industries. Any other requirements?
Old Yesterday, 03:49 AM   #129
RussDill
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Jack by the hedge View Post
https://twitter.com/Zapata_Officiel/...66952556621824
Old Yesterday, 03:55 AM   #130
esspee
black goo

IMpressive list of links

Lets keep this simple.

i am saying he will not fly at and during this event.

I am saying that because i do not think it is real.

If anyone here wishes to make a sportsmans bet with me that he will fly at the event during the event and produce a video of such, or a video of such appearing online, then i am happy to accept it.

I do not think he will release a video of him flying AT or DURING the event. Just as happened at the air show in Miami where in his videos he did not fly AT or DURING the event.

even though this is an airshow, for air things, i think he ill only be 'flying' his water propelled hydro-flight flyboard.

Although i find it possible that his team will release a hoax video of him flying before or after the event.
But not AT it, DURING it.

Any takers for that bet?
Old Yesterday, 04:03 AM   #131
Jack by the hedge
Safely Ignored

Not until Zapata himself makes some kind of statement about what he intends to do there. Something more specific than his current position of "#staytuned" would be good.
Old Yesterday, 05:50 AM   #132
Beerina
Sarcastic Conqueror of Notions

Now we have Alexandru Duru and his stand on top drone flying above solid
ground at a football game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09Od8P2CcPk

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/36702...ria-guimaraes/

right, thats it - I'm off to the shop to buy the biggest box of wine i can carry

Crowd chanting something instead of sitting silent, slack-jawed, or cheering loudly. He lands, no "hooray!" type cheer. Makes you think.

The government should nationalize it! Socialized, single-payer video game development and sales now! More, cheaper, better games, right? Right?
Beerina is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 06:09 AM   #133
Macgyver1968
Philosopher

I'd like to make a side-bet with someone. I bet if Franky does in fact fly AT the show, DURING the event, that Esspee will discount the time or place that Franky flies and claim that he technically didn't fly AT or DURING the event so he can claim victory of for the bet.

Any takers?
Old Yesterday, 06:26 AM   #134
esspee
black goo

Originally Posted by Beerina View Post
Crowd chanting something instead of sitting silent, slack-jawed, or cheering loudly. He lands, no "hooray!" type cheer. Makes you think.
Look how few f*cks are given by the people in this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XmaXd5IPQa0

Note the woman with the pony tail. Kind of looks a bit bored.

Note all the people not really that impressed or interested in what is going on.

Note the photographers with FOTO on their backs are they even looking?

Note also that the voice/sound/style of the PA guy announcing is exactly like that heard in several Flyboard air videos.

Watch from :12 to :15 several times ( up until the finger blocks him). Focus on Alex, observe the movement
Very odd.

Last edited by esspee; Yesterday at 06:29 AM.
Old Yesterday, 07:12 AM   #135
RussDill
Philosopher

She's working security. She gets paid specifically to give zero copulations for what fun things are going on at the event.

People behaving in ways that you think they ought not behave is not evidence of a hoax. If it were, the LA freeway system and the drivers that use it would be the biggest, longest running hoax in the world. I assure you, they behave in bizarre ways as a rule.

And you are *still* avoiding the reality of the crowd being present and witnessing the event. This is why you attempting to make a bet regarding Franky's public airshow appearance is useless. Here's Alex at a publicly televised event with tens of thousands of people, an event not controlled by his company, and your response is just to claim it didn't happen with zero evidence or explanation.

Assuming Franky goes through with the airshow, I have zero reason to believe your response will not be identical.
Old Yesterday, 07:41 AM   #136
Macgyver1968
Philosopher

Look how few f*cks are given by the people in this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XmaXd5IPQa0

Note all the people not really that impressed or interested in what is going on.

Note also that the voice/sound/style of the PA guy announcing is exactly like that heard in several Flyboard air videos.

Watch from :12 to :15 several times ( up until the finger blocks him). Focus on Alex, observe the movement
Very odd.
Funny how you focus your attention on those working the event, and ignore the grandstand full of fans, standing on their feet clapping and cheering...seen quite clearly in the last few seconds of the video. I know when I'm giving zero copulations, I always stand, clap and cheer.

Last edited by Macgyver1968; Yesterday at 07:42 AM.
Macgyver1968 is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 07:54 AM   #137
Jack by the hedge
Safely Ignored

Life is not a movie. People seeing a cool stunt do not in reality all stare and clasp their faces in unison like thousands of Macaulay Culkins.

Quote:
Very odd.
Go and compare it to the view from the live TV video. If you find any exciting discrepancies, come right back to us.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories