ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags political predictions , political speculation , Trump administration

Old Yesterday, 12:01 PM   #121
Tommy Jeppesen
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by d4m10n View Post
Do you sincerely believe the world is more likely to become a better place with Bannon in the White House instead of the hospital?
That is not relevant as such, what is relevant that you wish for it and it includes a human getting worse. I thought you want a better world?!! Then why wish ill on another human? Bannon is also a human, albeit a bad one.

Last edited by Tommy Jeppesen; Yesterday at 12:23 PM.
Tommy Jeppesen is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 12:23 PM   #122
Darat
Lackey
Administrator

Changing my vote back to Bannon.

It looks like one of those Confederate statues may have been his final horcrux.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...f9c0eb21bb.jpg
Is that a doctored photo?
Old Yesterday, 12:26 PM   #123
Tommy Jeppesen
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Darat View Post
Yes, by the Onion.
Old Yesterday, 12:34 PM   #124
d4m10n
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Tommy Jeppesen View Post
That is not relevant as such, what is relevant that you wish for it and it includes a human getting worse. I thought you want a better world?!! Then why wish ill on another human?
Because he is actively making the world worse on a daily basis. Why should we wish him good health?
d4m10n is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 12:55 PM   #125
Tommy Jeppesen
Graduate Poster

Because he is actively making the world worse on a daily basis. Why should we wish him good health?
Because we believe in humans, want a better world for all and that includes Bannon. If you cut him, he bleeds. He is a human like you and I.
Old Yesterday, 01:07 PM   #126
d4m10n
Master Poster

If you truly want a better world for all, Tommy, you may want to reconsider whether having white nationalists in power and in good health is really helping out with your project.
d4m10n is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 01:12 PM   #127
fuelair
Cythraul Enfys

Because we believe in humans, want a better world for all and that includes Bannon. If you cut him, he bleeds. He is a human like you and I.
I believe some humans want a better world FOR ALL, but Trump, Bannon, the basket of deplorables and their ilk, the white onlies and all their relations are not among them. Would love to send them all to Mars to do their best there. For the few days or hours they would survive. That those bleed if cut (etc.) is fine, but their minds are dead and useless for any real human advancement.

Wash this space!

We fight for the Lady Babylon!!!
fuelair is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 01:28 PM   #128
Tommy Jeppesen
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by fuelair View Post
I believe some humans want a better world FOR ALL, but Trump, Bannon, the basket of deplorables and their ilk, the white onlies and all their relations are not among them. Would love to send them all to Mars to do their best there. For the few days or hours they would survive. That those bleed if cut (etc.) is fine, but their minds are dead and useless for any real human advancement.
So you hate the right and wonder why they won't listen to you, right?
Old Yesterday, 01:36 PM   #129
The Don
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by dudalb View Post
If you think America is dead as a democracy, just say so.
What makes you think that I do ?

IMO Trump would be far happier if he was allowed to Tweet to his heart's content, issue Executive Orders and be told how successful he is whilst the messy business of day to day government is done by the GOP - but Trump gets to complain when it goes wrong from his perspective.
The Don is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 02:08 PM   #130
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

If you truly want a better world for all, Tommy, you may want to reconsider whether having white nationalists in power and in good health is really helping out with your project.
Yeah, being sympathetic and understanding toward Nazis really works well.
Turned out really good for Neville Chamberlane in 1938.

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 02:10 PM   #131
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

If you want to sing "Kumbaya" and embrace abunch of Nazis and Klansmen in hopes of making them see the error of your ways, good luck. Me, I will depend upon a sock full of s--t a la Woody Allen in "Manhatten".

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 02:32 PM   #132
Tommy Jeppesen
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by dudalb View Post
If you want to sing "Kumbaya" and embrace abunch of Nazis and Klansmen in hopes of making them see the error of your ways, good luck. Me, I will depend upon a sock full of s--t a la Woody Allen in "Manhatten".
I am not demanding of you that I become me. I am trying to understand you and see where there are overlaps and differences.

So the Neo-Nazis, the KKK and so on are nothing different like Hitler and WWII. Okay.
Old Yesterday, 02:56 PM   #133
Cl1mh4224rd
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Darat View Post
Yes, by the Onion.

It is the first (and only other) place I've seen it: Nervous Steve Bannon Binge-Eats Entire Class Of Interns Amid Calls For Removal.
Cl1mh4224rd is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 03:02 PM   #134
fuelair
Cythraul Enfys

Why do you think I care if they listen? I have no interest in what they think their problems are and none in their upkeep/existence.

Wash this space!

We fight for the Lady Babylon!!!
fuelair is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 11:38 PM   #135
quadraginta
Becoming Beth

Do you think they'd listen if they weren't hated?

Do you really think that matters to them?
Old Yesterday, 11:51 PM   #136
PhantomWolf
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Trebuchet View Post
It's not safe for my brain! There's a picture of Trump in it! Shame on you linking to such terrible material!
At least he wasn't naked.

It must be fun to lead a life completely unburdened by reality. -- JayUtah
I am not able to rightly apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question. -- Charles Babbage (1791-1871)
My Apollo Page.
PhantomWolf is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 12:09 AM   #137
The Don
Penultimate Amazing

Apparently Steve Bannon has dubbed white nationalists clowns

Quote:
The chief White House strategist Steve Bannon has attacked white nationalists as "clowns" as the fallout from violent protests in Charlottesville continues.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-40958329

It's not clear to me whether he is calling all white nationalists clowns or whether he's just criticising the bunch in Charlottesville for being incompetent white nationalists...
The Don is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 12:25 AM   #138
TheSupermeerkat
Scholar

Originally Posted by The Don View Post
Apparently Steve Bannon has dubbed white nationalists clowns

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-40958329

It's not clear to me whether he is calling all white nationalists clowns or whether he's just criticising the bunch in Charlottesville for being incompetent white nationalists...

The latter I'm sure, as giving these people the benefit of the doubt just doesn't work.
TheSupermeerkat is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics