IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags !MOD BOX WARNING! , bigfoot

Old 20th July 2017, 05:09 AM   #641
LTC8K6
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Drewbot View Post
Why don't you just cite the Krantz quote? River has it cited on his page. http://pgfhoax.blogspot.com/2011/11/...ax-proven.html
on Page 32 of 'Big Footprints' by Grover S. Krantz 1992 2nd paragraph: Krantz writes:
So what was going on there, exactly?

Were Roger and Grover talking about how fake tracks were made?

Were Roger and Grover talking about a film of Roger pouring a cast, that Grover had seen at some point?

Is this Roger explaining to Grover why a film of Roger casting tracks prior to filming the PGF is not suspicious?

Are we talking about the obvious clip, or a different clip?

2 prints, same midtarsal crock..., I mean break?
LTC8K6 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th July 2017, 08:28 AM   #642
kitakaze
Resident DJ/NSA Supermole

Why don't you just cite the Krantz quote? River has it cited on his page. http://pgfhoax.blogspot.com/2011/11/...ax-proven.html
on Page 32 of 'Big Footprints' by Grover S. Krantz 1992 2nd paragraph: Krantz writes:
Because citing that same Krantz quote we've seen a million times is not the issue. The context that Dahinden places it in and that fact that there are actually two completely different plaster pour scenes, one which is definitely Yakima May 1967 and the other we've always scene is Bluff Creek.

I'm a little swamped to make the proper presentation, but this is the Yakima plaster pour...

http://i366.photobucket.com/albums/o...psdd11udgo.jpg

2 prints, 1 trackway, same 'dermals'? 'Unfortunately no' says Meldrum.

I want to see bigfoot throw a pig... Is that wrong? -LTC8K6
kitakaze is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th July 2017, 08:57 AM   #643
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!

Originally Posted by kitakaze View Post
I'm a little swamped to make the proper presentation, but this is the Yakima plaster pour...

http://i366.photobucket.com/albums/o...psdd11udgo.jpg
Photobucket wants you to pay them $400.

http://www.internationalskeptics.com...d.php?t=321141
Old 20th July 2017, 09:51 AM   #644
kitakaze

That's very frustrating, to say the least. I've been using Photobucket for years now and recently have been getting aggressive upgrade requests to my hotmail account. The images to the PGF thread I need to post come from my Photobucket.

I'll try and work around that. If I can't, I'll save all the frames to my Mac and Photobucket can eat a big fat sausage.

kitakaze is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd July 2017, 04:58 AM   #645
SweatyYeti
Master Poster

Originally Posted by William Parcher View Post
Hi kitakaze! Great to see you back here again.

The believers have abandoned this place though I'm sure many still read.

For good reason.

kit has been banned from the BFF.

tyr13: "There is no proof of bigfoot so there is no proof that bigfoot isn't a bear."
SweatyYeti is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd July 2017, 06:30 AM   #646
GT/CS
Illuminator

OK, that is creepy.
Old 22nd July 2017, 01:26 PM   #647
Cervelo
Graduate Poster

It's beyond creepy!
Cervelo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd July 2017, 02:54 PM   #648
SweatyYeti
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Cervelo View Post
It's beyond creepy!

I have to thank you, Cervelo....for helping to create the biggest 'red flag' surrounding kit's 'Patty suit' claim.

It was your generous offer, to cover Bill Munns' flight costs....which removed the biggest obstacle in the way of Bill's trip to Al DeAtley's home, with kit....to "see the Patty suit".

That cleared the way for the appearance of "imminent plans" for the trip to Big Al's Mansion....(in Sept./Oct. 2012)....and the coincidental timing of kit's relocation to Japan.

Than you very much...(and I sincerely mean it).....Cervelo!

tyr13: "There is no proof of bigfoot so there is no proof that bigfoot isn't a bear."
SweatyYeti is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd July 2017, 03:09 PM   #649
Cervelo
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by SweatyYeti View Post
I have to thank you, Cervelo....for helping to create the biggest 'red flag' surrounding kit's 'Patty suit' claim.

It was your generous offer, to cover Bill Munns' flight costs....which removed the biggest obstacle in the way of Bill's trip to Al DeAtley's home, with kit....to "see the Patty suit".

That cleared the way for the appearance of "imminent plans" for the trip to Big Al's Mansion....(in Sept./Oct. 2012)....and the coincidental timing of kit's relocation to Japan.

Than you very much...(and I sincerely mean it).....Cervelo!
Whew...your social construct that is your imaginary world, where Patty is anything but a dude in a suit, certainly has no bounds.

But if I've helped you reaffirm your worldview...I'm very happy for you!

Last edited by Cervelo; 22nd July 2017 at 03:10 PM.
Cervelo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd July 2017, 06:14 PM   #650
SweatyYeti
Master Poster

Whew...your social construct that is your imaginary world, where Patty is anything but a dude in a suit, certainly has no bounds.

But if I've helped you reaffirm your worldview...I'm very happy for you!

I was talking about kit's 'Patty suit' claim...(not Bigfoot's existence)....and, specifically...how you were the key ingredient in the coincidental timing of the "imminent trip to Big Al's Mansion"....and kit's exit, to Japan.

Again, Cervelo....I thank you.

Old 22nd July 2017, 08:43 PM   #651
Cervelo
Graduate Poster

I was talking about kit's 'Patty suit' claim...(not Bigfoot's existence)....and, specifically...how you were the key ingredient in the coincidental timing of the "imminent trip to Big Al's Mansion"....and kit's exit, to Japan.

Again, Cervelo....I thank you.
Hmmmm...since the suits at Big Al's house it most certainly has something to do with Bigfoots existence.
Your welcome...you should have a lot of free time now
Old 23rd July 2017, 03:53 AM   #652
SweatyYeti
Master Poster

Hmmmm...since the suits at Big Al's house it most certainly has something to do with Bigfoots existence.

It does not make a definite determination, regarding Bigfoot's possible existence.

Most importantly...we don't know whether there is...or ever was...any suit on display inside Al's home.

My main, and only, point was quite simple.....thank you very much, for your key contribution...towards the creation of a major 'red flag' regarding kit's "Patty suit" claim.

Old 23rd July 2017, 06:27 AM   #653
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

It does not make a definite determination, regarding Bigfoot's possible existence.
No, that determination is made by the total lack of bigfoot anywhere.

WS
Resume is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd July 2017, 07:28 AM   #654
Cervelo
Graduate Poster

Talking

Most importantly...we don't know whether there is...or ever was...any suit on display inside Al's home.

My main, and only, point was quite simple.....thank you very much, for your key contribution...towards the creation of a major 'red flag' regarding kit's "Patty suit" claim.
Sure it does, but more importantly it's shakes the foundation of the PGF'ers religion that is nothing but a dude in a suit. Kit on numerous occasions kicked PGF to the curb which obviously elicits a response from you by following him here to make strange connections that only exist in your mind.
But thank you for providing another great example of the bizzare ability to make connections where none exist....it's a hallmark of the footer thought process and and the foundation of the cult of PGF.
What will you do without Kit at BFF....oh wait....that's pretty obvious LMAO!
Old 24th July 2017, 07:42 PM   #655
The Shrike
Philosopher

Okay, here's a non-Sweaty bigfoot folly:

Took Mrs. The Shrike and the young The Shrikes on a trip to the Rockies. Good tourists that we are, we hit Pike's Peak. 1) Yes, you should go. Driving more or less safely to 14,000' is pretty cool. 2) Gift shop at the peak has some of the world's best old-fashioned doughnuts! Light and fluffy inside, crispy outside, and heavy on the nutmeg. 3) I was blown away by the amount and diversity of bigfoot-themed knick-knacks! Footie crap outnumbered (by far) toys and T-shirts, etc. featuring actual wildlife like cougars, bighorns, and bears. Of course, most of the footie crap featured the iconic Patty look-back. Here's just a (dis)taste:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2017-07-24 at 9.31.39 PM.jpg (72.4 KB, 30 views)
The Shrike is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th July 2017, 11:59 PM   #656
kitakaze

America's "Horse With No Name" is one of the first songs I can remember hearing as a toddler.

That drive up to Pike's Peak looks amazing...

http://www.pikespeakmarathon.org/img...ogle_earth.jpg

One of the hairiest drives I can think off is the Pacific Rim Highway from Port Alberni to Tofino on Vancouver Island. Not for new drivers.

Old 25th July 2017, 04:24 AM   #657
Rincewind
Philosopher

America's "Horse With No Name" is one of the first songs I can remember hearing as a toddler.

http://www.pikespeakmarathon.org/img...ogle_earth.jpg

One of the hairiest drives I can think off is the Pacific Rim Highway from Port Alberni to Tofino on Vancouver Island. Not for new drivers.
Covered in Bigfoot hair?

Old 25th July 2017, 09:08 AM   #658
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!

WP has it right. In all the years I spent at the BFF dealing with the foaming fundamentalists, recognition and acknowledgement of the belief system, and also admitting to Woods & Wildmen adult fantasy roleplay was extremely rare. Off the top of my head Crowlogic is one of the only examples I can think of for someone who pulled out of the game and acknowledged playing it.

Crow was quickly banned from the BFF after dropping Woods & Wildmen because basically he did suicide by mod by then simply repeated telling other members that Bigfoot was not real and that the whole thing is a game.

There is no embarrassment there whatsoever. When they are amongst each other and feel confident that the group has their back, it is the skeptic who is to be shamed. You could no more embarrass a Scientologist. They have the same cult mentality.
Are you saying that Crowlogic admitted to pretending to believe that the PGF is authentic?
Old 25th July 2017, 10:09 AM   #659
The Shrike
Philosopher

First song I learned on the piano.

For the last 30 minutes or so, Mrs. The Shrike was crying and squeezing my son's hand like she was having contractions on every outer curve. I told her she shouldn't ride shotgun . . .
The Shrike is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th July 2017, 10:34 AM   #660
zooterkin
Nitpicking dilettante
Administrator

Mod WarningSeveral posts have been moved to AAH; please keep to the topic of this thread, and, as ever, be mindful that that is not each other.
Responding to this modbox in thread will be off topic Posted By:zooterkin
Join the JREF Folders ! Team 13232
Ezekiel 23:20
zooterkin is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th July 2017, 11:37 AM   #661
tube
Muse

The Bigfoot vocalizations of Ray Wallace sound suspiciously like free jazz: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ww3...ature=youtu.be

(Bigfoot) evidence doesn't look better on deeper analysis, it looks worse. David Daegling

The Bigfoot hypothesis is tested daily.
tube is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th July 2017, 12:31 PM   #662
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!

Bigfoot does a poor elk bugle.
Old 28th July 2017, 01:44 PM   #663
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Bigfoot does a poor elk bugle.
Not too good at elk lays, either.

WS
Resume is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th July 2017, 06:59 PM   #664
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!

Originally Posted by MIB on BFF
I wanted trail cams to either build a buffer around my tent that'd give me a peaceful night's sleep or I'd have pictures of whatever was bothering me. It was a good idea but I got distracted. I'm up to 15 cameras now and have only placed a camera watching camp once. "Something" happened that once. There was something out there, it approached but stayed out of camera view, and it sounded... irritated.
Irritated at you for invading the territory. You are an intruding foreigner and you don't fit right in. Your kind has run roughshod into the forests and taken out so much while changing everything.

This time "something" happened, but next time something might happen. Think about it. Respect the land and you respect Bigfoot. But even so, keep in mind that you might not be welcomed everywhere and always watch your backside. Humans are not alone here. They exist.
Old 29th July 2017, 08:28 PM   #665
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Irritated at you for invading the territory. You are an intruding foreigner and you don't fit right in. Your kind has run roughshod into the forests and taken out so much while changing everything.

This time "something" happened, but next time something might happen. Think about it. Respect the land and you respect Bigfoot. But even so, keep in mind that you might not be welcomed everywhere and always watch your backside. Humans are not alone here. They exist.
One thing you notice in these footie campfire stories is that the protagonists always seem to get back to sleep, even after being awakened by giant, irritated, bipedal apes. Another thing you can count on it that these researchers never seem to collect any corroborative biological evidence for their encounters with irritated, giant, bipedal apes. At a certain point, it's almost hard to believe, like they're making it up or something.

WS
Old 30th July 2017, 09:04 AM   #666
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!

They can detect game cameras, but how?

Originally Posted by hiflier on BFF
Of course if there is an EM field that is detectable by an animal I haven't heard of one but it makes sense. Any electrical source generates EM fields including battery powered devices.
A primate has evolved the ability to actively sense electromagnetic fields and even at a distance. Huh? No, this does not make sense. But then evolution is only a theory and if God made Bigfoot then he certainly could have given it special features.

Last edited by William Parcher; 30th July 2017 at 09:05 AM.
William Parcher is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th July 2017, 11:11 AM   #667
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

A primate has evolved the ability to actively sense electromagnetic fields and even at a distance. Huh? No, this does not make sense. But then evolution is only a theory and if God made Bigfoot then he certainly could have given it special features.
Yaweh-engineered footie > alien-engineered footie.

WS
Old 30th July 2017, 11:39 AM   #668
GT/CS
Illuminator

Yewah=Alien?
Old 30th July 2017, 03:13 PM   #669
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Then there is the Good Samarifootie:
Originally Posted by LeafTalker at the bff
. . . In that same comments section is a reminder from Alpha Dog about another famous incident I can't find a link for:

I am reminded of a story that happened to a Vietnamese gentleman in Northern California, I believe in the 1960s. He broke his leg in the forest a ways from home and the pain caused him to pass out. When he awoke he was back at his residence, and his wife told him that a large hairy bipedal creature had carried him home.

WS
Old 31st July 2017, 05:55 PM   #670
HarryHenderson
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Resume View Post
One thing you notice in these footie campfire stories is that the protagonists always seem to get back to sleep, even after being awakened by giant, irritated, bipedal apes. Another thing you can count on it that these researchers never seem to collect any corroborative biological evidence for their encounters with irritated, giant, bipedal apes. At a certain point, it's almost hard to believe, like they're making it up or something.

Originally Posted by From MIB's Statement of Facts
If those damn bipedal apes wouldn't have kept us up so late we could have gotten up earlier to go hunting for bipedal apes. Those bipedal apes are a real nuisance when you're hunting for bipedal apes.
That's how a hardcore BLAARGer fills in the blanks.
HarryHenderson is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th August 2017, 08:03 AM   #671
Cervelo
Graduate Poster

LMAO....looks like a birds nest (eagle, osprey) must be some tiny bigfeets in that part of da woods!
http://bigfootforums.com/topic/56089...pdate/?page=18
But as always Bigfoot logic is applied "I don't understand something therefore...Bigfeets"!!

Last edited by Cervelo; 4th August 2017 at 08:06 AM.
Old 4th August 2017, 08:37 AM   #672
Drewbot
Philosopher

More like a squirrel nest. Where was that pile of junk found?

Way too small for eagle nest.
Drewbot is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th August 2017, 08:38 AM   #673
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

LMAO....looks like a birds nest (eagle, osprey) must be some tiny bigfeets in that part of da woods!
http://bigfootforums.com/topic/56089...pdate/?page=18
But as always Bigfoot logic is applied "I don't understand something therefore...Bigfeets"!!
Even funnier is this quote:
Originally Posted by OS
If the person assessing the results believes that Sasquatch are an undiscovered species, then they would definitely dismiss any result of modern human as contamination. The only way to break through this common barrier of understanding is to either use a tremendous amount of critical thinking or obtain a type specimen that can test over and over again to the point where the interpreter is left with no choice, but to accept that this is either a person with birth defects or the result of advanced genetic manipulation.

WS
Old 6th August 2017, 07:39 AM   #674
The Shrike
Philosopher

How could you miss them? "I'm up to 15 cameras now . . . "
Old 6th August 2017, 09:46 PM   #675
LTC8K6
Penultimate Amazing

A game camera wrapped in foil with cutouts for the sensors and LEDs should barely emit any detectable EMF.

Should also be true for the metal anti-theft cases for the cameras.

Not to mention that the EMF seems minimal/undetectable until the cameras are triggered. And not much even then...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2r67tTwEwI

LTC8K6 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th August 2017, 09:47 PM   #676
LTC8K6
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by The Shrike View Post
How could you miss them? "I'm up to 15 cameras now . . . "
Why not 360 cameras? One for each degree.

Old 6th August 2017, 09:49 PM   #677
captain koolaid
Muse

They can detect game cameras, but how?...

Mind Powers. Bigfoot can **** you up in your dreams if you trash talk him. It's not a stretch that he can detect game cams. It makes sense. Think about it.
"Bigfoot does not leave hair samples for us unless he is in our dimension to begin with, obviously. Once the hair is separated from the electrical field associated with the Bigfoot's free quanta energy loops, the hair becomes independant and remains in it's most stable dimension, which presumably is our dimension."(Historian)
captain koolaid is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th August 2017, 05:34 AM   #678
Drewbot
Philosopher

Here is an actual posting by the Greenville SC Police Department.

Quote:
If you see Bigfoot, please do not shoot at him/her, as you'll most likely be wounding a fun-loving and well-intentioned person, sweating in a gorilla costume.

Here is a link to the Boone, NC bigfoot that the PD is referencing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nbYEnmqIkOM
Drewbot is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th August 2017, 05:56 AM   #679
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Here is an actual posting by the Greenville SC Police Department.

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/640...922/VofpAv.jpg

Here is a link to the Boone, NC bigfoot that the PD is referencing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nbYEnmqIkOM
Sometimes you have to remind bigfoot enthusiasts about this thing called reality. Oh, they might fight against it, kicking and screaming, but, as in this example, it's necessary for the public safety. Of course you never know if it'll take: for instance, I'd advise against any and all ape Halloween costumes in the greater Honobia metro area.

WS

Last edited by Resume; 9th August 2017 at 05:58 AM.
Old 9th August 2017, 07:27 AM   #680
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Originally Posted by Yuchi1@bff
When JFK ~(1962) said we were going to land a man on the moon, there were plenty of folks with a Luddite mentality toward such an idea.

Ketchum took the aforementioned study results to the people at Nature magazine for peer review. After they saw them, it was so far outside their world of nine dots, they allegedly said it was too sensational for their scientific community. IIRC, they never said it was a scam rather too much science for their people to digest at one time. Even "science" apparently has its limitations, at least for now.
Yes. Melba's findings were too much science for the journal Nature.

WS

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal