IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags !MOD BOX WARNING! , bigfoot

Old 9th August 2017, 08:18 AM   #681
Gilbert Syndrome
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Resume View Post
Sometimes you have to remind bigfoot enthusiasts about this thing called reality. Oh, they might fight against it, kicking and screaming, but, as in this example, it's necessary for the public safety. Of course you never know if it'll take: for instance, I'd advise against any and all ape Halloween costumes in the greater Honobia metro area.

It's doubtful that anyone would shoot at one, anyway, seeing as they're so human-like, what with their sloping foreheads, hairy bodies, height of 7+ feet, and their extremely long arms.

Scouse saying - Go 'ed, is right, nice one, boss, well in, sound, belter, made up.

Usage: 'Go 'ed, lad, get us an ale in, nice one.'
Gilbert Syndrome is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th August 2017, 09:34 AM   #682
Drewbot
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Gilbert Syndrome View Post
It's doubtful that anyone would shoot at one, anyway, seeing as they're so human-like, what with their sloping foreheads, hairy bodies, height of 7+ feet, and their extremely long arms.
Oh the NAWAC, They would light that up.
Drewbot is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th August 2017, 09:38 AM   #683
LTC8K6
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Drewbot View Post
Oh the NAWAC, They would light that up.
They would A-Team it...

2 prints, same midtarsal crock..., I mean break?
LTC8K6 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th August 2017, 10:13 AM   #684
GT/CS
Illuminator

More like F-Troop it.
Old 9th August 2017, 11:45 AM   #685
Gilbert Syndrome
Philosopher

More like the Dream Team, as in the one with Michael Keaton and the rest of the schizo's.

Scouse saying - Go 'ed, is right, nice one, boss, well in, sound, belter, made up.

Gilbert Syndrome is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th August 2017, 07:17 AM   #686
Cervelo
Graduate Poster

Yes. Melba's findings were too much science for the journal Nature.
LOL....sounds more like a polite way of saying, we can't make heads or tails of your gibberish please leave us alone. Or most likely another unsubstantiated claim made by a footer Melba fanboy.

Last edited by Cervelo; 10th August 2017 at 07:19 AM.
Cervelo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th August 2017, 08:47 AM   #687
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Originally Posted by Cervelo View Post
LOL....sounds more like a polite way of saying, we can't make heads or tails of your gibberish please leave us alone. Or most likely another unsubstantiated claim made by a footer Melba fanboy.
There's a whole lot of stupid going on in that Olympic bigfoot nest thread.

WS
Resume is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th August 2017, 10:29 AM   #688
Gilbert Syndrome
Philosopher

It's hard to believe that even the most ardent asshead Footers would still put any kind of faith into that complete and utter joke of a condiment known as Melba Ketchup. Doesn't she believe that Bigfoot is an angel or some other bollocks like that? Are these people appearing at kind of conventions where I can go and laugh at them in person? That'd kill an hour.

Old 10th August 2017, 11:26 AM   #689
BayWatcher
Scholar

Although I find almost all of bigfootery humorous, one of my biggest laughs came when Melba claimed that bigfoot made her sore "down there "
BayWatcher is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th August 2017, 11:29 AM   #690
Gilbert Syndrome
Philosopher

Originally Posted by BayWatcher View Post
Although I find almost all of bigfootery humorous, one of my biggest laughs came when Melba claimed that bigfoot made her sore "down there "
I never knew that, lol. She's a gift that keeps on giving.

Old 10th August 2017, 11:34 AM   #691
Hellbound
Merchant of Doom

Location: Not in Hell, but I can see it from here on a clear day...
Originally Posted by BayWatcher View Post
What, was he checking for bees?
Hellbound is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th August 2017, 11:54 AM   #692
Gilbert Syndrome
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Hellbound View Post
What, was he checking for bees?
Tomato Ketchum.

Old 10th August 2017, 11:45 PM   #693
Craig B
Penultimate Amazing

From today's BBC. A Bigfoot sighting turned out to be a wandering "Bigfoot shaman" dressed in hairy skins. His bigfootery has a spiritual dimension.
However, Mr MacGregor said he was participating in a "sacrament" of "wearing of hair-covered animal skins and wandering in the forest".
The 36-year-old, who was on holiday from Minnesota, writes on his blog about his personal belief in Bigfoot, or "the divine nature of sasquatch", as he calls it.
He writes that by dressing in sewn animal skins, and by reciting a "sasquatch prayer", he has had several encounters with the beast.
Does anyone here know what the words of this prayer are, and how the Sasquatch manifests its divine nature?
Craig B is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th August 2017, 06:57 AM   #694
GT/CS
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Craig B View Post
From today's BBC. A Bigfoot sighting turned out to be a wandering "Bigfoot shaman" dressed in hairy skins. His bigfootery has a spiritual dimension.
However, Mr MacGregor said he was participating in a "sacrament" of "wearing of hair-covered animal skins and wandering in the forest".
The 36-year-old, who was on holiday from Minnesota, writes on his blog about his personal belief in Bigfoot, or "the divine nature of sasquatch", as he calls it.
He writes that by dressing in sewn animal skins, and by reciting a "sasquatch prayer", he has had several encounters with the beast.
Does anyone here know what the words of this prayer are, and how the Sasquatch manifests its divine nature?
With any luck he'll win a Darwin Award.
Old 11th August 2017, 07:22 AM   #695
Gilbert Syndrome
Philosopher

"You and me, Bigfoot, ain't nothin' but mammals,
so let's do it like they do on the Discovery channel.
I'll holler your name and I'll knock on the trees,
please do not hide from me, please don't be a tease.

You're the Matt to my Bobo,
I'm the Cliff to your Ranae.
You left a footprint in my heart,
its dermal ridge is here to stay.

How I wish I was Albert Ostman,
being slung across your back.
Carry me into your den,
and introduce me to the pack.

'L' is for 'long', like your arms and your fur,
'O' for the orgasm that I get when you stare,
'V' is for 'very', which is how much I care,
'E' for 'erotic'. You're mine, Bigfoot, sir."

Old 11th August 2017, 07:24 AM   #696
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

SRA member?

WS
Resume is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th August 2017, 07:44 AM   #697
Drewbot
Philosopher

Northern Lights? You know this guy?
Drewbot is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th August 2017, 07:49 AM   #698
LTC8K6
Penultimate Amazing

I thought it wasn't that easy...?

https://article.wn.com/view/2017/08/..._mistaken_for/

Edit: thumbnail pic is that other popular suit.

http://www.citypages.com/news/report...foot/439853693

2 prints, same midtarsal crock..., I mean break?

Last edited by LTC8K6; 11th August 2017 at 07:53 AM.
LTC8K6 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th August 2017, 08:37 AM   #699
Northern Lights
Muse

Originally Posted by Drewbot View Post
Northern Lights? You know this guy?
Nope.
Old 11th August 2017, 08:39 AM   #700
Gilbert Syndrome
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Northern Lights View Post
Nope.
What is your personal take on British Bigfoot sightings and encounters?

Old 11th August 2017, 08:49 AM   #701
Craig B
Penultimate Amazing

"You and me, Bigfoot, ain't nothin' but mammals,
so let's do it like they do on the Discovery channel.
I'll holler your name and I'll knock on the trees,
please do not hide from me, please don't be a tease.

You're the Matt to my Bobo,
I'm the Cliff to your Ranae.
You left a footprint in my heart,
its dermal ridge is here to stay.

How I wish I was Albert Ostman,
being slung across your back.
Carry me into your den,
and introduce me to the pack.

'L' is for 'long', like your arms and your fur,
'O' for the orgasm that I get when you stare,
'V' is for 'very', which is how much I care,
'E' for 'erotic'. You're mine, Bigfoot, sir."
There's no vow of celibacy in "bigfootianity" then?
Craig B is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th August 2017, 08:50 AM   #702
Craig B
Penultimate Amazing

What is your personal take on British Bigfoot sightings and encounters?
The Loch Ness Monster could eat half a dozeh Bigfoots for breakfast!
Old 11th August 2017, 08:50 AM   #703
Gilbert Syndrome
Philosopher

There's no vow of celibacy in "bigfootianity" then?
Nope, you have to open your mind, your wallet, and your arse.

Old 11th August 2017, 08:52 AM   #704
Gilbert Syndrome
Philosopher

The Loch Ness Monster could eat half a dozeh Bigfoots for breakfast!
By land or lake,
he eats his steak.

So be a good little Bigfoot,
for goodness sake.

Old 11th August 2017, 11:05 AM   #705
Gilbert Syndrome
Philosopher

Asking a Footer what they think about the British Bigfoot is kind of like Kryptonite to them.

On the one hand, they can't readily discount all of the sightings and encounters, because by admitting that they think the sightings are hoaxes or mistakes, it calls into question their own beliefs and the sightings of Bigfoot from everywhere else, including the USA.

On the other hand, if they ascribe a supernatural aspect to it, it also then calls into question their own belief about Bigfoot being a real, flesh and blood critter.

If Bigfoot is being seen in the UK, yet it clearly cannot exist there, then what does that say regarding sightings and encounters for Bigfoot across the globe?

Old 11th August 2017, 11:08 AM   #706
Belz...
Fiend God

Everyone knows that Yeti only exist in Nepal.

"My views are nonsense. So what?" - BobTheCoward

Last edited by Belz...; 11th August 2017 at 11:10 AM.
Belz... is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th August 2017, 11:22 AM   #707
Gilbert Syndrome
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Argumemnon View Post
Everyone knows that Yeti only exist in Nepal.
He also existed in Atlanta, Georgia, for a short period of time during 1995:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swsVPdndk40

He was confused during this period, which we'll call his wilderness years, and didn't know whether he was an Egyptian mummy, or a bipedal ape-man.

Old 12th August 2017, 07:30 AM   #708
Northern Lights
Muse

Asking a Footer what they think about the British Bigfoot is kind of like Kryptonite to them.

On the one hand, they can't readily discount all of the sightings and encounters, because by admitting that they think the sightings are hoaxes or mistakes, it calls into question their own beliefs and the sightings of Bigfoot from everywhere else, including the USA.

On the other hand, if they ascribe a supernatural aspect to it, it also then calls into question their own belief about Bigfoot being a real, flesh and blood critter.

If Bigfoot is being seen in the UK, yet it clearly cannot exist there, then what does that say regarding sightings and encounters for Bigfoot across the globe?
Do you think that all reports are equally accepted as plausible? Really?

Last edited by Northern Lights; 12th August 2017 at 07:52 AM. Reason: changed factual with plausible, better wording.
Northern Lights is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th August 2017, 07:41 AM   #709
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Do you think that all reports are equally accepted as factual? Really?
What metric is used to establish veracity?

WS
Old 12th August 2017, 07:53 AM   #710
Northern Lights
Muse

What metric is used to establish veracity?
Factual was a poor choice of wording. I've edited it to plausible.
Old 12th August 2017, 08:05 AM   #711
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Factual was a poor choice of wording. I've edited it to plausible.
Good enough. What metric do you employ to establish plausibility?

WS
Old 12th August 2017, 08:39 AM   #712
Northern Lights
Muse

Good enough. What metric do you employ to establish plausibility?
It's a reasonable question. There are multiple metrics I use to determine whether a report is plausible or not. Many subjective, some not. For example, I grew up in San Diego and was pretty excited when I found reports in Camp Pendleton, but knowing the area, quickly realized there is no way the habitat would support a breeding population of squatches. The area is completely surrounded by Orange, Riverside and San Diego counties which has approximately 10 million people. It is not just implausible, it's impossible.
Old 12th August 2017, 08:49 AM   #713
dmaker
Graduate Poster

How do you explain those reports?
dmaker is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th August 2017, 09:51 AM   #714
Gilbert Syndrome
Philosopher

Do you think that all reports are equally accepted as plausible? Really?
Well, they can't all be mistaken or made up, can they? Isn't that what you folks say all the time? Funny how contradictory you guys are, but not surprising.

Old 12th August 2017, 09:54 AM   #715
Gilbert Syndrome
Philosopher

It's a reasonable question. There are multiple metrics I use to determine whether a report is plausible or not. Many subjective, some not. For example, I grew up in San Diego and was pretty excited when I found reports in Camp Pendleton, but knowing the area, quickly realized there is no way the habitat would support a breeding population of squatches. The area is completely surrounded by Orange, Riverside and San Diego counties which has approximately 10 million people. It is not just implausible, it's impossible.
Weird to see you apply logic in this instance and yet totally abandon it elsewhere. Surely you understand that the chances for a viable breeding population of giant ape-men anywhere where you're pretending they exist is about as far-fetched as a Freddie Mercury reunion with Queen.

Old 12th August 2017, 01:08 PM   #716
Gilbert Syndrome
Philosopher

Anyone in the UK can switch the channel called "Blaze" on right now and see a 2-hour special called "Bigfoot Captured."

It follows another 2-hour special with Ken Gerhard, called "the Wolfman," which revolved around the supposed spate of murders in France over 200 years ago, which as far as I recall, was down to a local man who was tried for the killings, but this "docu" doesn't go into that, it instead literally looks into the idea that it was an actual werewolf, and then comes to the conclusion that it was a trained Hyena.

I'll likely watch some of this Bigfoot nonsense before making my way to the pub for a pint of normality.

Old 12th August 2017, 01:25 PM   #717
Gilbert Syndrome
Philosopher

Don Jeff is on here recreating a 3D full-scale Bigfoot...

It's pretty funny so far, tbh, although I'm sure that's not what they were going for.

Old 13th August 2017, 04:53 AM   #718
Northern Lights
Muse

Originally Posted by dmaker View Post
How do you explain those reports?
The same way you explain all reports. Fabrication or misidentification. I've never claimed this does not exist. We differ in I have a plausible category where you do not.

And in my case, I have an actual category too.

Last edited by Northern Lights; 13th August 2017 at 05:19 AM.
Northern Lights is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th August 2017, 08:56 AM   #719
Gilbert Syndrome
Philosopher

The same way you explain all reports. Fabrication or misidentification. I've never claimed this does not exist. We differ in I have a plausible category where you do not.

And in my case, I have an actual category too.
So, basically, you're admitting that the BFRO, as well as supposed witnesses, can be mistaken and can also be liars? And how do you draw a line between the crap and the credible?

Seems that Bigfoot believers are at a loss to even agree on what's legit and what's not.

The thing with the British Bigfoot is that, unless you subscribe to a "paranormal" angle, you have to contend that they're all mistaken and/or pretend, meaning that if every single sighting in the UK (meaning Wales, England and Scotland) is a mistake or a prank, then that doesn't exactly bode well for the so-called Bigfoot of the Americas.

It seems silly to admit to one particular sighting as being a hoax, and yet oddly claim that another, pretty similarly silly sighting, is in fact genuine.

Bigfoot believers don't seem to know their arse from their elbow.

Old 13th August 2017, 09:00 AM   #720
Gilbert Syndrome
Philosopher

So, the Bigfoot Captured "documentary" was an obviously sub-par and inferior take on the Blair Witch Project, whether intentional or not, it had the most ridiculous and hammy acting possible, and yet Don Jeff and Bindernagel were both in it, lol. Did they know going in that this was an intentionally scripted piece of nonsense? How does anyone take these "experts" seriously?

Bigfootery gets more and more embarrassing by the minute.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal