IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags benny hinn , faith healers , faith healing , miracles

Old 1st March 2009, 02:30 PM   #1
Questioninggeller
Illuminator

Benny Hinn's 2009 tour

It seems faith healer Benny Hinn is staying below the press' radar. Yet he's on tour this year and while admission to his miracle crusades are free, the hotels and theology aren't. He has some video ads for the services as well as other promotional items on his website.

Anyone here ever been to one of these? He still pulls in thousands of desperate people:

Quote:
'Mega hotel' called missing piece for tourism
By Jason Cato
TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Monday, February 23, 2009
The 1.5-million-square-foot David L. Lawrence Convention Center hosted 18 of the 25 largest Pittsburgh-area conventions in 2007. Of those, 17 attracted between 1,500 and 4,000 people. Those included events sponsored by Benny Hinn Ministries and Anthrocon's "Furries" -- which drew 4,000 and 2,500 attendees, respectively. The largest was East Coast Volleyball's NorthEast Qualifier, which drew 10,000.

Here is a list of dates:
Quote:
Porto Alegre, Brazil — Miracle Crusade
Mar. 13 - Mar 14, 2009

Atlanta, GA — Fire Conference
Mar. 26 - Mar 27, 2009

Atlanta, GA — Miracle Service
Mar. 28, 2009

Cleveland, OH — Special Event
Apr. 10, 2009

Rome, Italy — Fire Conference
Apr. 16 - Apr 17, 2009

Rome, Italy — Miracle Service
Apr. 18, 2009

Long Beach, CA — Miracle Service
May. 3, 2009

Sydney, Australia — Miracle Crusade
May. 15 - May 16, 2009

Auckland, New Zealand — Fire Conference
May. 18 - May 19, 2009

Baltimore, MD — Fire Conference
May. 28 - May 29, 2009

Baltimore, MD — Miracle Service
May. 30, 2009

Kampala, Uganda — Fire Conference
Jun. 5 - Jun 6, 2009

Congo, Africa — Miracle Crusade
Jun. 12 - Jun 13, 2009

Indianapolis, IN — Fire Conference
Jun. 25 - Jun 26, 2009

Indianapolis, IN — Miracle Service
Jun. 27, 2009

London, England — Miracle Crusade
Jul. 10 - Jul 11, 2009

Dnipropetrovsk-city, Ukraine — Fire Conference
Jul. 13 - Jul 14, 2009

Dnipropetrovsk-city, Ukraine — Miracle Service
Jul. 14, 2009

Overland Park, KS — Fire Conference
Jul. 31 - Aug 1, 2009

Overland Park, KS — Miracle Service
Aug. 2, 2009

Costa Rica — Fire Conference
Aug. 14 - Aug 15, 2009

Toronto, Canada — Fire Conference
Sep. 10 - Sep 11, 2009

Toronto, Canada — Miracle Service
Sep. 12, 2009

Denver, CO — Fire Conference
Sep. 18 - Sep 19, 2009

Denver, CO — Miracle Service
Sep. 20, 2009

Miami, FL — Guest Speaker
Oct. 9, 2009

Israel — Special Event
Nov. 1 - Nov 10, 2009

Orlando, FL — Fire Conference
Dec. 11 - Dec 12, 2009

Orlando, FL — Miracle Service
Dec. 13, 2009
A Question of Miracles:
YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE

The Many Faces of Benny Hinn:
YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE

Last edited by Questioninggeller; 1st March 2009 at 02:36 PM.
Questioninggeller is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st March 2009, 04:02 PM   #2
Chupacabras
Illuminator

Oh, no Guaymas event. I guess I'll re-bury the box of eggs until 2010.
Old 1st March 2009, 04:52 PM   #3
shayes666
Scholar

I used to LOVE watching Benny Hinn when I was a kid. I always got a laugh when he'd repeatedly slap the little old bald guy on the head and get chased around by English bobbies and scantly dressed women. Some hilarious British 1960s/1970s "camp" for sure!

Oh wait... my bad! You said HINN not HILL! Either way Hinn or Hill, both are "silly".
shayes666 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st March 2009, 07:20 PM   #4
RSL's better half
RSL Groupie

Hmm. I wonder how Robert will be in May . . .
RSL's better half is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal